Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2014 7:35 PM
Aug 2014
I loved it!
SOOO much stuff really felt super short.
I liked lisa before but recently im super annoyed with her actions -.-
It was nice to know more about the past, but with only 2 more eps left i feel like theres going to be alot of holes left. :(
Its pretty obvious twelve likes lisa, but she doesnt seem to reciprocate it at all. I mean she cares for him but she doesnt love him like that. She always refers to him with nine and idk it makes me angry!!
Sep 12, 2014 8:16 PM
Oct 2013
Orulyon said:
And im my POV she is strong in her own way, yes. Weak...useless... does that mean that in this world, the "weak" do not deserve any credit?

I didn't say that. It's just she doesn't have any redeeming quality as a character (since I see her as someone useless and all). Not that she doesn't deserve any credit or love. How should I put this, Nine doesn't deserve betrayal so just Lisa can survive. It's not fair for him that Twelve has to ruin their friendship for years because of he "loves" Lisa for no reason. There must be a reason otherwise it'd look shallow and I don't buy 'because he loves for the way she is'. Come on, he doesn't know Lisa for long to know her better, her strong points, etc, enough to make him choose Lisa over Nine.

I never said that Lisa should be a perfect person to be considered useful. Her actions so far only brought trouble to the duo. Okay, she can't be a badass, I'm alright with that. Okay, she failed at cooking, that's fine, she's tried. Okay she got caught by Five, making the duo came all the way to save her in the airport, nothing she could've done about that. At least she could do something for them, don't you think? The least thing she could do for them is keeping her mouth shut when Five interrogate her. So just you know, I didn't dislike her until that scene, that was when I gave up on her and started to blame her.

Anywaaaay, when it comes to heroine, I always hope that she can do something, not necessarily has to brave and strong to fight along side the protagonist, but support the protagonist in a way that she can. If the protagonist has to take a detour to save the helpless heroine every single time, when will the protagonist achieve his goal?

Its true, 9 and 12 did not kill anyone...but they would not hesitate if they had to...and dont tell me otherwise.

Really?

9 never wanted Lisa with them...but 9 did not want her close because he did not want to involve her, not because he disliked her.

I know, that's what I said before.

People call Lisa cliché but look at her closely: she is definitely not.

This is where we disagree again, I guess. For me it looks like she's a plot device. She, so far, has no development whatsoever. I usually don't mind the lack of development in a character, but when someone (especially woman) is blatantly used just to make a cheap conflict like this, it irritates me. What happened in episode 9 is what I fear since the first time Lisa appeared, actually =)

But at least you should acknowledge that their relationship is strong enough for both to give their life for one another...

Can't do that even if I try.
Sep 12, 2014 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Wow what great episode, the story about the past of Nine, Twelve and Five was explained, while this a game of life, death and betrayal was developed, damn Five and mountings therefor, but Twelve was a bastard who betrayed all the work with Nine for several years
Nine is now alone and with the pump, what will he do?
This anime is already one of the best of the year ..
Sep 12, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2012
Oh shit, that ferris wheel scene was so good, with that intense OST and amazing directing. Makes me wish we get more stylish shows like this in all the genres (I'd like to see a serious romance anime with this budget and style)

I'm gonna miss this show when it ends.
Sep 12, 2014 9:54 PM
Jul 2014
Mesmerizing episode, can't believe it passed by so fast! It was done at a nice pace, with awesome directing. Great episode. Kind of sad to see this anime ending in two episodes.
Sep 12, 2014 10:19 PM
Mar 2013
I'm actually glad Twelve chose Lisa...Nine kind of annoys me with his emo attitude. :/
Sep 12, 2014 10:22 PM
Aug 2014
Great episode, learning more and more about Nine and Twelve's past, that's always good. I agree, Twelve revealing the location of the bomb to Five was pretty predictable, but it was better than the alternative (an earth-shattering kaboom). And that whole scene in the Ferris wheel was amazing nonetheless. Now I really want to know what's going on with Five and Nine and the damn bomb and why she keeps looking like she's having a breakdown and shit.
thaumiel
Sep 12, 2014 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
I think what is more predictable is Twelve disarming all the bombs, rejecting Five's offer, running away with Lisa by jumping and escape safely. That will be so shounen and badass.

I found it very interesting to see how viewers is divided because of Lisa. Some said she is useless (worthless?) and some say "give her a break she is human, she makes mistakes etc." And IMO Lisa is a very realistic example of insecure girl in our world, I do hope you won't say those girls/humans are useless as well.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Sep 12, 2014 10:36 PM

May 2013
I do understand why Twelve betrayed Nine though. Good thing Nine was on time to take the 'bomb' away. Five looks like she has some more drugs on her. She's pretty desperate to capture at least Nine. I wonder what is she trying to prove? I hope Nine would understand Twelve when they meet. Lisa again being the center of trouble. Shibazaki now know about the Athena project. Pretty soon, he'll discover that it's Sphinx.
Sep 12, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
JD2411 said:
this created a huge plothole

No, no, no. They said that they ESCAPED 8 years ago. That doesn't mean they were abducted 8 years ago. We don't know how long they were at The Settlement before they escaped.
Sep 12, 2014 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
That traitor son of a bitch...
Sep 12, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2010
That was a tense episode.
And I learned a bit about basic C4 bomb disarming. As long as I have an Xacto knife and wire cutters.

Sep 13, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2012
I'm just about to watch this episode, and so I updated my list and it reads 'episode 9 of 11.' This episode aired on 9/11; not to mention the numbers assigned to Sphinx are 9 and 12. In tokyo it was 9/12 during the collapse of the twin towers.

Great finesse with the execution of this series. I can't read this thread until I finish the episode but I'll check back later. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
BayrockSep 13, 2014 12:58 AM
Sep 13, 2014 12:17 AM

Jul 2007
The bomb disarming/ferris wheel scene was lovely. The atmosphere, use of the OST, direction, etc. Just a beautifully directed scene, even if it was somewhat predictable. It could have been much weightier than it was if we had more of a reason to care about these characters and more of a complex dynamic between them, but, anyway, I still appreciated the scene.

The big reveal of the characters' past was like…whoop de doo, no big surprise, though. Why keep that hidden the whole show? I don’t get it, it was easy enough to piece together as it was. And Hamura’s response was so, so cliché. Feels like the show is trying to be like Monster, but it’s pretty hard to compete with Monster, especially in 11 episodes…

It’s so frustrating that the show’s writing and characters have been so lackluster, because the show sure has its moments. There’s the occasional very evocative and well-executed scene. It just doesn’t thread them together in an entirely coherent way. The series composition has seemed off to me pretty much from the beginning. The show is excellent from a technical standpoint, but the writing and characters have been mishandled IMHO.
Sep 13, 2014 12:18 AM

Jun 2013
lisa is insert number(other then 5,9,12)?

After "recognising" young lisa, I tried google.

http://zankyou-no-terror.wikia.com/wiki/Lisa_Mishima

Possible spoiler
Sep 13, 2014 12:55 AM

Feb 2014
So much feels in this episode. I really, really love this anime.
My favourite color is blue.

Sep 13, 2014 1:51 AM

Jun 2008
Chiyousagi said:

Possible spoiler

I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW IT
it was Lisa by all means I can't even consider this person as nine , plus children with Savant syndrome are socially awkward ( the bullying and how little she interacts with everyone and how she can't express herself properly at the beginning ) and they are also known for excelling in some fields while totally sucking in other normal ones ( hence the freakin pocky in curry ) I just knew an anime this intelligent and well thought-of won't just add a random character just for the fandom and shipping.
Sep 13, 2014 3:38 AM

Nov 2012
Just as i was getting really into the story :( cant wait for next episode
Sep 13, 2014 5:07 AM
Oct 2010
BishoooDuck said:

I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW IT
it was Lisa by all means I can't even consider this person as nine , plus children with Savant syndrome are socially awkward ( the bullying and how little she interacts with everyone and how she can't express herself properly at the beginning ) and they are also known for excelling in some fields while totally sucking in other normal ones ( hence the freakin pocky in curry ) I just knew an anime this intelligent and well thought-of won't just add a random character just for the fandom and shipping.

That explanation seems very unlikely, too many things will be left unexplained such as

How did Lisa get into the program when she was not an orphan?
How did she escape from the facility?
Why was there no mention of her by the government guy?
Why doesn't she possess any memories of the event?
Why doesn't five, nine or twelve recognize her?

A more likely explanation is that they just put someone like her in the flash backs to explain 12's attachment.
Sep 13, 2014 5:24 AM
Aug 2014
THE MUSIC WAS PURE MAGIC. It made the ferris wheel scene. The tension, the play of lights, the fear and the emotional fizzle between the characters all melded into perfection.

But. that. freaking. music. It was beautiful.

When it comes down to it, Lisa has quiet strength. She's timid and she likely wouldn't stand up for HERSELF, but I don't doubt that she'll stand up for her friends and whoever's dear to her.
Sep 13, 2014 7:55 AM

Dec 2009
I really liked how they put this episode together. Seeing 12 disarming Lisa's bombs in a heartfelt caring scene was really nice. Really shows the strength of anime when done right.
Such junk...
Sep 13, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2012
Maybe some people has noticed but I think the pic quality is slightly dropped? I rewatched ZnT and as episodes going on it loses its realistic style bit by bit.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Sep 13, 2014 9:04 AM
Aug 2014
I hope Nine won't forgive Twelve , it will make this anime more exciting if it happens.
Sep 13, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
I COULD TELL IT Was a confession but like the romance is this- I FEEL LIKE THEY JUST PUT IT IN RANDOMLY-AND Like everything's going too quickly like glasslip but it was a good episode-But still not satisfied-WHY'S MY EXPECTATION SO HIGH?! /sobs in corner I think I shall re-watch this-I couldnt feel the emotions but this is an interesting anime-something that's new and never came across before-GREAT EPISODE-AND I was actually speehless when 12 betrayed 9 but I really hope 9 will escape and then etc. Cant wait for next episode x)

and also whenever i see them in the facility I SEE LISA AND NOT 9 like "IS THAT LISA" Or am i imaging things like what-
so I also searched up Lisa and 三(meaning 3) was inserted in her name like 9 known as 九重 新 (Kokonoe Shin) AND THERE'S 9 INSERTED IN IT SAME AS 12 I THINK but only "2" is inserted in his name but like dsjkLFjklk-from the very begining I actually noticed lisa in the facility together with 12 and 5 but i couldn't find 9 so I assumed that girly like face was 9-but I BET ITS lisa-Okay forgetit-
ArisaXSep 13, 2014 10:41 AM
Sep 13, 2014 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is so beatiful and entertaining.

Anime of the season,best series made in past 2 years IMO.
Sep 13, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
so beatiful !
Sep 13, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2013
good episode for once.

actually really liked it
Sep 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
ssshake said:
THE MUSIC WAS PURE MAGIC. It made the ferris wheel scene. The tension, the play of lights, the fear and the emotional fizzle between the characters all melded into perfection.

But. that. freaking. music. It was beautiful.

When it comes down to it, Lisa has quiet strength. She's timid and she likely wouldn't stand up for HERSELF, but I don't doubt that she'll stand up for her friends and whoever's dear to her.

Fully agreed.
Sep 13, 2014 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
Not buying the theory that Lisa was in the facility. I wouldn't be surprised if she was but she is nothing like a savant.

Ah and the reason for Nine's ears ringing and flashbacks, besides PTSD, means he might be sick real soon. Five is definitely crashing.
Sep 13, 2014 12:32 PM
Apr 2014
skudoops said:
BishoooDuck said:

I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW IT

That explanation seems very unlikely, too many things will be left unexplained such as

How did Lisa get into the program when she was not an orphan?
How did she escape from the facility?
Why was there no mention of her by the government guy?
Why doesn't she possess any memories of the event?
Why doesn't five, nine or twelve recognize her?

A more likely explanation is that they just put someone like her in the flash backs to explain 12's attachment.

I think there are good answers to your questions and that Lisa was really "three"!!
I mean if her father is this man who did suicide or was murdered than he had the possibility to cover up that somehow he rescued his child Lisa and made it look like she died with others.
Perhaps she was traumatized? Many people remember special things years later.
I think Twelve recognized her with her sound, and Nine with her eyes. So they can know but they also seem to believe that they are besides Five the only one living.

I therefore really think that person is Lisa!!!!!! And that she is his daughter.
And perhaps she survived but the experiments had another effect on her?

And really can it be a coincidence that the person does not even little bit look like Nine? I think Nine's face is not as round as that. I do not believe that something like this is just mistake.
Sep 13, 2014 12:39 PM
Apr 2014
Chiyousagi said:

Possible spoiler

really good! Yes she was also sphinx number three!

And yes I think really that is Lisa.

Perhaps if we put the numbers together:

9/12/3 or more like 9/12/2003 or something like that can refer to something??
Sep 13, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2012

They even said in the episode that only 1 survived and 2 escaped. Unless she somehow faked her death or escape using some sort of Deus ex Machina powers I don't think she'd be one of the children in the plan.
Sep 13, 2014 12:50 PM
Apr 2014
Syrosu said:

They even said in the episode that only 1 survived and 2 escaped. Unless she somehow faked her death or escape using some sort of Deus ex Machina powers I don't think she'd be one of the children in the plan.

But Lisa as the son of the man who made the whole project!!! that is reason enough to show that it would be possible for him to save his own child.
Sep 13, 2014 12:54 PM
Apr 2014
What I thought about:

This should be the episode of our character Nine or not????? This was episode Nine for Nine!!

In this episode he learned of twelve's second betrayal to him... and could hopefully flee?

I just do not really understand how Nine was not really the main focus in his own episode? Or was he just with a special topic or somehow???

Twelve survived episode Nine meaning their friendship nevertheless want each other to live together?

Anyone thoughts about meaning of episode Nine regarding to our character Nine??
Sep 13, 2014 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
NikeSawakoKobato said:
Syrosu said:
[spoiler]

But Lisa as the son of the man who made the whole project!!! that is reason enough to show that it would be possible for him to save his own child.
[/spoiler]

They only picked orphans as part of the plan, and do you really think that anyone would put their own daughter into a institute where they were given numbers for names?
Sep 13, 2014 1:06 PM
Apr 2014
Syrosu said:
NikeSawakoKobato said:

[/spoiler]

They only picked orphans as part of the plan, and do you really think that anyone would put their own daughter into a institute where they were given numbers for names?

yes the orphan-thing, there you are right
but someone who can lead this horrible "athena project" , could probably do something like this to his own child or not?
and I mean officially they only picked orphans..I mean inofficially someone leading the project (was not he?) could do anything or not?
Sep 13, 2014 1:09 PM
Apr 2014
OMG!!! the bomb in locker D12?!!

D12 like in a chess game??? Anyone knows what that could mean??
Sep 13, 2014 1:39 PM
Jun 2013
NikeSawakoKobato said:

9/12/3 or more like 9/12/2003 or something like that can refer to something??

9/12/2003 according to the European date format is 9th December 2003, the day of the 2003 Red Square Bombing in Moscow, in which a female suicide bomber set off an explosive belt....
nulSep 13, 2014 1:45 PM
Sep 13, 2014 1:53 PM
Oct 2012
NikeSawakoKobato said:

Al I can find is D12 and the chess opening of the Queen's Gambit, foreshadowing from episode four?
Sep 13, 2014 1:57 PM
Mar 2014
BishoooDuck said:
Chiyousagi said:

Possible spoiler

I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW IT

Pretty sure that's Nine in the picture. What made you not consider that kid as Nine?
Sep 13, 2014 2:03 PM
Apr 2014
helloworId said:
BishoooDuck said:

I KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW IT

Pretty sure that's Nine in the picture. What made you not consider that kid as Nine?

The eyes and the shape of the face or not?
I mean Twelve is really obvious with eyes and face..
Sep 13, 2014 2:06 PM
Mar 2013
I had high expectations from this show, but now I don't really know why I did.
Sep 13, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
NikeSawakoKobato said:

What? first of all the chessboard is 8x8, and even if D12 means D1->D2 that would mean one of the queens would be moving over a pawn. Doesn't mean anything as far as I'm concerned.
Sep 13, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. Just WOW. Amazing episode. Five cornered Twelve badly. So that's what that facility was. Quite interesting. The word that they may not live long made me wonder. What were these headaches Five had and that losing consciousness I now wonder if we'll have a sad ending here. Nine and Twelve die. Lisa gets shocked gets left all alone, her mother will come and take her home so she'll continue her miserable life. Quite the bad ending IMO.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 13, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
Chiyousagi said:

I really really hope you're right. It would be quite brilliant.
I don't really like Lisa yet but I kinda appreciated the moment Twelve x Lisa, and if your theory is right their love story would sound even more legit.

Anyway, 2 episodes left, I really have no idea what to expect. Something is sure though, all the kids as guinea pigs have very less to live so we're gonna see some deaths in the Finale.
Sep 13, 2014 3:33 PM
Mar 2014
NikeSawakoKobato said:
helloworId said:

But if you look back on the other episodes with kid-Nine, this kid just looks like him.
TyrelSep 13, 2014 6:19 PM
Sep 13, 2014 4:40 PM

Aug 2011
helloworId said:
NikeSawakoKobato said:

But if you look back on the other episodes with kid-Nine, this kid just looks like him.

Plot twist: that's actually Lisa.

But nah, I think the whole theory is way too farfetched to be true.
Sep 13, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
wow intense fucking episode WOW
man makes me a little sad since I think they have a terminal illness D:
[/quote]
Sep 13, 2014 5:44 PM
Jan 2014
Man, I always disliked Lisa as a character, but when she looked at the moon and said that she was fine from now on, I couldnt help but to feel sympathy for her.
Plus the ost in that whole part was a masterpiece!
Sep 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
Orulyon said:
Guys, Lisa's purpose was not to become a badass terrorist or even, to help the guys. Her purpose was to HUMANIZE Nine and Twelve. She was the only person they ever trusted in all those years they spent alone hiding and ploting. Twelve fell in love with her and that was beautiful IMO.
If I was dying and had a best friend and a revenge/goal I would surely try everything to make it come true, but in the process if I fell in love with someone wouldnt that give more meaning to my life? to be able to love someone when you spent years in confinement being abused in experiments psychologically and physically which can take all your humanity away and make you cold and numb...for Twelve to have someone ordinary and random like Lisa was everything to him. All children crave for love, attachment, it is a scientific fact. He realtionship with her started with guilt because he could feel her pain and empathize with the fact that she wished to be free just like he wished when he was in the instituition. But then clearly he fell for her, she made him laugh...a genuine laugh not his clearly fake laugh at first episodes which he displayed to everyone.
He felt the need to protect her because that is what you do when you care about someone. Surely it was the hardest choice of his life, but if he didnt choose they would both have died and the point is, even if he "does not have time" and is about to die, he WANTS HER TO LIVE. He knows that he and Nine are going to die anyway but he can save the life of the girl he loves. Love is blind guys. He loves her even if she does not know hoe to make bombs or cook. He loves her flaws, her tears, her smile, her aura color, her EVERYTHING. Do not judge someone who is in love. You all saw how hard it was for him to betray Nine, how emotionally destroyed he got after doing it.

So she was useful guys. Surely if they havent met her they have their plan completed with no problems and no emotional conflict at all. But then they would not have learned to trust anyone. They would never had the experience of living with an ordinary person every day.

Also arent we all forgetting Lisa's attitude this ep? people hate her so much that fail to view her emotional strenght in this ep.
She was ready to die alone. She wanted him to escape and GO TO NINE. Her resolution had no hesitation. She was really, really STRONG in her own way in this episode:)

awesome , someone finally said what I was thinking~ lisa making twelve to experience the feeling of love was far enough useful, those kids needed love too , they're humans not alien-gods-robots or whatever, they have human feelings and instincts.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.