Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Kaneki, he got tortured so badly by Jason.

It is time for a war!!
Sep 11, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
What do you expect? It's perriot.
They compress 55 chapters worth of story into 11 episodes
Of course they have to brutally butcher the original source

thanks perriot
"Burn the heretics"
Sep 11, 2014 10:21 AM
Aug 2011
Wait Banjou went and mopped up the blood, seriously? They even went and cleaned his feet...
That was absolutely awful, way to kill the immersion.

The torture was a complete physical and mental assault for Kaneki he was supposed to be there wallowing in continuous lonesome anguish, confusion, and pain but now we even had Banjou and the others coming in and telling him to hold on.
The point here was not to have any sort of positive interaction with anyone no matter how small said interaction was.

That aside, the art was better here though it almost felt like we skipped half an episode or something. Everything happened quite sudden.
R- said:
Well juuzou on the bike was pretty fun

yeah that part was amusing
standSep 11, 2014 10:39 AM
Sep 11, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
I know the adaption is poor but the action in this episode was top notch. Too bad they didn't show how exactly Kaneki's torture was but its not over yet. And did Amon actually see what I think it was???

Arcanix said:
Get me a fucking amazing 12 episode with Kaneki going ham , please Pierrot at least this and maybe after some time i will change my mind about you .

Since Shuhei Morita is going to direct episode 12 I'm sure it'll be better than the average episodes we've been seeing so far.
Sep 11, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
Since Shuhei Morita is going to direct episode 12 I'm sure it'll be better than the average episodes we've been seeing so far.

At least the directing in ep 12 will be comparable to ep 1 since these two episodes are the only ones directed by him.

Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
that end. I think Kaneki evolved
Aug 2011
supermox said:
So the Aogiri rejecting Ken scene was removed and we've got the Amon x Mado scene instead.

Based Pierrot.

The fanfic/doujin fuel for those two has to come from somewhere 8)
standSep 11, 2014 10:35 AM
Sep 11, 2014 10:34 AM
Jun 2014
i wonder why they want to keep CCG's part that much(also add some filler -.-) they should show about kaneki and aogiri.
Sep 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Feb 2013
Well juuzou on the bike was pretty fun
Sep 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
We finally got that white hair kane!! HYPE!! xD but i hate the fact that its a 12 episode series felt kinda rushed but still does the manga justice epic series cant wait for next week!!!!
There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!~Zoro
Sep 11, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2010
Animegeek1000 said:
We finally got that white hair kane!! HYPE!! xD but i hate the fact that its a 12 episode series felt kinda rushed but still does the manga justice epic series cant wait for next week!!!!
Hope you aren't serious.
Sep 11, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
Wait... ghouls are fighting with guns and getting killed by guns? I thought human-made objects couldn't harm them? By their (lack of) fighting skills you'd assume they're all newborn, they can barely fire a gun and are useless without one. Yet they all survived growing up. So much for superior beings that's been raised in tough conditions.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
xytech said:
Wait... ghouls are fighting with guns and getting killed by guns? I thought human-made objects couldn't harm them? By their (lack of) fighting skills you'd assume they're all newborn, they can barely fire a gun and are useless without one. Yet they all survived growing up. So much for superior beings that's been raised in tough conditions.

it was skipped in the anime.

the bullets contain a coating of melted kagunes, therefore able to pierce the ghouls. the anime completly dropped this.
also they got different type of bullets for different types of ghouls (though they even skipped the characterization of them >_>)
on the first page of this comment section i posted what they all skipped...
UrekSep 11, 2014 10:54 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2014
xytech said:

You should read this
http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Q_bullets

It was already mentioned in episode 6
Sep 11, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
so much rushed... it really takes the weight of this arc away. this episode just didn't feel as heavy.

on the bright side, I didn't have to look away while yamori was torturing kaneki. because there wasn't like any visible torture.

I can't believe they skipped why kaneki was there in the first place?! I think knowing why makes it worse, because [spoiler] Kaneki volunteered to go through this so his friends would be ok... and his friends weren't ok
Sep 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
This cliff hanger makes me want to cry. How am I going to survive another 7 days now?

Alot of things from the manga were skipped. . . which makes me sad. I mean as to how Kaneki got there etc. Banjou ended up looking like a jerk who was just helpless watching his friend get tortured.

Most of the scenes were censored. I wonder if anyone even knew what that centipede did to Kaneki with all the black obscuring the view.

I'm going to cry now.

Tsukiyama was marvelous. I want more of him, but thinking that next week's episode will be the last is going to break my heart.
Sep 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
do the ghoul investigators have special bullets that can kill ghouls?

also, what is jason's objective? is he conducting some kind of experiment on kaneki to see if kaneki can also form a torturous 2nd personality? cuz i think that experiment might've been butchered (no pun intended) by banjou and his crew because they have given kaneki hope when jason didn't have any.

also, who is that dark haired woman fighting along with anteiku? i don't recall seeing her before and she doesn't talk
Sep 11, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
xytech said:

You should read this
http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Q_bullets

It was already mentioned in episode 6

maybe you should explain more... this one sentence dont explain to an anime-viewer at all...

Animegeek1000 said:

lol nope... it dont do manga justice... i seriously am considering to put this into one of the animes "which failed to do the original series justice". waiting 5-10 years for a brotherhood version of tokyo ghoul >_>

orchidork said:

also, what is jason's objective? is he conducting some kind of experiment on kaneki to see if kaneki can also form a torturous 2nd personality? cuz i think that experiment might've been butchered (no pun intended) by banjou and his crew because they have given kaneki hope when jason didn't have any.

also, who is that dark haired woman fighting along with anteiku? i don't recall seeing her before and she doesn't talk

check my comment before
current LN reading:
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 11, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
And also, this ep makes it seem like kaneki's hair turned white in a half hour at most. and he's been tortured for maybe 6 hours? ugh
Sep 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
orchidork said:

bullets are coated with kagune so they can go through.

Jason's objective is sorta wishy washy. mostly he's just a sadist and loves torturing people.

hmm, not sure who you're talking about.

read the manga though, this is like 7 action filled chapters in one ep. ;_;
Sep 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
warriorsftw said:
And also, this ep makes it seem like kaneki's hair turned white in a half hour at most. and he's been tortured for maybe 6 hours? ugh

They didn't mention it but in the manga he was tortured for 10 whole days by Yamori. Its a shame they skipped so many stuff.
Z4KSep 11, 2014 10:58 AM
Sep 11, 2014 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
Oh this episode was full of epic battles !
Sep 11, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2012
warriorsftw said:

what do you mean 6 hours?
its 10 days non stop insane torture of this
V
V
V
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Dec 2013
THIS EPISODE DOE. God... the fighting was pretty fabulous. But compared to the manga itself, it pales in comparison. Though i did love the scene where Suzuya was flying in the air with the motorcycle and killing everyone so fast. I really think hes freakin awesome. (Something must be wrong with me).

Anwyays. Great episode >.<
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture

Jan 2014
Dear Pierrot, fuck you.

Yeah, the rushing is strong in this one. And they're butchering the torture scene as expected. Now it also looks like he was tortured for a bare few hours. They didn't even show centipede-kun in all his glory.
Sep 11, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
BeatzMe said:
Dear Pierrot, fuck you.

Yeah, the rushing is strong in this one. And they're butchering the torture scene as expected. Now it also looks like he was tortured for a bare few hours. They didn't even show centipede-kun in all his glory.

what? no centipede-chan?
Sep 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
Again. . . .Is anyone interested in just discussing the anime for what it is?

Comparing anything to the original will only leave you unsatisfied. I haven't read the manga, and I think this is epic.

You guys totally killed my mood. . .
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
BeatzMe said:
Dear Pierrot, fuck you.

what? no centipede-chan?

They only showed the centipede very briefly, followed by Kaneki's screams. So yeah, he technically was shown. Didn't really like the way they did this though.

Sep 11, 2014 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
Crez said:

Comparing anything to the original will only leave you unsatisfied. I haven't read the manga, and I think this is epic.

that because they butchered such a good material... and i am seriously worried how they are going to end this.
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
Crez said:

We do discuss it,but it can't be helped that it's pure trash.
You can't praise something like this.
Sep 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
b
Crez said:

by the way do you plan to read the manga after finishing anime?
Sep 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Fucking garbage. I don't want to censor Curse words anymore.I'm pissed off.
This is Straight up insult to the original source.
Everything is changed and ruined for the worsts.
Most of all Kaneki's development is so Fucking ruined and What he's Hair turned white in one single day?
Holy Shit!
In the manga It took one week of torturing Kaneki for him to break down completely and There were Two Important characters(Child and the mother) that had a huge role in Kaneki's Development.
They were completely removed!

This anime adaptation is disgusting,Fuck I'm not gonna buy that stupid dvd anymore in the future.
Also they Literally changed every scenario in the Aogiri arc that everything is a Total mess.
Thanks for ruining Tokyo ghoul in the eyes of Anime only viewers!
Good job Pierrot!
Fuck I'm so angry right now I can't believe it.

Sep 11, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
Damn cencorship... I ate spoiler before and I knew it was coming but still I was so nervous watching the episode... Kanekiiiii ...😵😵😖

And that flying white hair...😔
Sep 11, 2014 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Nice episode, it covered a lot of things. A bit fast-paced, but I guess it was necessary.

The series could end with
Sep 11, 2014 11:18 AM
Aug 2014
guys pls tell me, what jason did with that disgusting centipede to kaneki kun
Sep 11, 2014 11:19 AM
Jan 2014
NeutralSide said:
Most of all Kaneki's development is so Fucking ruined and What he's Hair turned white in one single day?
Holy Shit!
In the manga It took one week of torturing Kaneki for him to break down completely and There were Two Important characters(Child and the mother) that had a huge role in Kaneki's Development.

This anime adaptation is disgusting,Fuck I'm not gonna buy that stupid dvd anymore in the future.
Also they Literally changed every scenario in the Aogiri arc that everything is a Total mess.
Good job Pierrot!
NeutralSide said:
Holy Shit!

Good job Pierrot!

Yep exactly, them leaving out the child and the mother was a huge mistake. That part was what really pissed of kaneki and played a huge role of him changing.
Sep 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
supermox said:
So the Aogiri rejecting Ken scene was removed and we've got the Amon x Mado scene instead.

Based Pierrot.

They are giving way too much attention on them. Who cares about their discussions, the scene you described is way more interesting.
Sep 11, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
It got a little better but still it is average at the best.
Well,I am curious about the series' finale next week.
Sep 11, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
Harzfuadz said:

i put it into my first comment on first page what they skipped, this is one part of it

current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Harzfuadz said:

Here you have the manga panel of the scene.
Sep 11, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
@Urek
What if they aren't even done with the torture scene?
and you're already listing a bunch of stuff that they missed out
Though most likely they are done with the torture hmmmm...
Sep 11, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
parfaited said:
@Urek

His hair is already white , the torture is done .
Sep 11, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
finally finished watching
(of course) its nowhere as good as manga
but a lot of action so who cares? XD
love suzuya scene and the marude's motorcycle gag after credit XD
and nice to see that dual blade quinque and one eyed owl
Sep 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
parfaited said:
@Urek

what exactly you mean?

current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:
parfaited said:
@Urek

His hair is already white , the torture is done .

In the manga his hair was white and there was a flash back explaining how it came to that.
I don't see how it would fucking fix the damage on what this shitty anime did though.

I nailed it.Half assed character development with no Impact what so ever.
I seriously doubt they are gonna do justice in Episode 12 and Implement all those Rize talking to Kaneki scenes.
Its probably be rushed as fuck to Complete Aogiri arc in the next episode.

Sep 11, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 2011
No I mean I was still clinging on to some hope that they'll backtrack a bit a in the next episode to show more of the torture and maybe add a few skipped parts.
Sep 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2010
Crez said:

No because we are frustrated, they turned such a good manga into such a shitty adaptation. I refuse to call this anime Tokyo Ghoul
Sep 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
finally finished watching
(of course) its nowhere as good as manga
but a lot of action so who cares? XD
love suzuya scene and the marude's motorcycle gag after credit XD
and nice to see that dual blade quinque and one eyed owl

I do agree with the part in bold. Especially Suzuya's part. Pretty awesome.

Still, who cares? Really? lol, I'm sure deep down you know better than that.
Sep 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
amare135 said:
Crez said:

No because we are frustrated, they turned such a good manga into such a shitty adaptation. I refuse to call this anime Tokyo Ghoul

let us all wait few years and hope that second season will be done by another studio. or another studio reanimates tokyo ghoul, this time doing the series justice... seriously >_<
current LN reading:
translated here
Sep 11, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Urek said:
amare135 said:

let us all wait few years and hope that second season will be done by another studio. or another studio reanimates tokyo ghoul, this time doing the series justice... seriously >_<

thats all there is left to hope for lol if parriot makes a season 2 it will be just as bad as this season
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.