Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really liked this episode, felt decently paced, Bartolomeo's admiration of Luffy is freaking hilarious, Luffy went all bishounen.

Also, the only thing that makes me not want either Rebecca or Violet to become a Straw Hat is the fact that their fanservice is pissing me off, it's so in your face, I wish it was gone altogether or at least a lot more subtle as it was pre-timeskip :(
Aug 23, 2014 7:34 PM

May 2013
Rebecca's grandfather reveals himself to everybody, and also the toy soldier revealing to be Rebecca's father. We also see how everyone is being turned into toys. Hopefully we will see more action next episode.
Aug 23, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2013
659 preview... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZlXGlrwbU looks like it's gonna show how Doflamingo took over Dressrosa.

Also, hoping the 3D2Y special is subbed by Crunchyroll, but I'm not holding my breath. :/
Aug 23, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
lmao, I had a feeling that the soldier would turn out to be Rebecca's real father from the title of the episode

it is literally taking forever for bartolomeo to get luffy-senpai's attention
lol
Aug 23, 2014 8:19 PM

Dec 2009
Let's also not forget Karate fishman talking to the mystery girl in the shadows. It's actually someone everyone should already know
Aug 23, 2014 8:36 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting turn of events, how did the soldier get to be the father? Did the queen cheat on the king?

ninkendo said:
Let's also not forget Karate fishman talking to the mystery girl in the shadows. It's actually someone everyone should already know

I had no idea who she was lol.
Aug 23, 2014 8:43 PM

Jul 2013
akihikosama said:
Interesting turn of events, how did the soldier get to be the father? Did the queen cheat on the king?

The soldier is most likely King Riku's son, because it sais Rebecca is his granddaughter.
lol
Aug 23, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
A man has the ability to turn people into toys that he can control and here we have Luffy who can stretch his body like fucking a rubber. Anyway Bartolomeo's hilarious as always too bad his screentime was short
Aug 23, 2014 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
What I'm wondering right now: how all the toys are going to turned back.
Aug 23, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
Kitoge said:

Maybe the DF user who did it can reverse the process and he's made to do it or has a change of heart? o-o
Aug 23, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

The Soldier's identity is 3 fold. He still has one more huge reveal in store.
Aug 24, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2014
ninkendo said:

yeah everyone should know who she is already since she's

uh oh Bartolomeo caught the Hancock syndrome.

XD
Shiroyume36Aug 24, 2014 12:04 AM
Aug 24, 2014 12:15 AM

Jun 2014
ninkendo said:

The second I saw her I almost fell died of excitement because

Kitoge said:

I think that guy will get damaged somehow like Gekko Moriah to turn the toys back and luffy will have to beat him up sooner or later.
Aug 24, 2014 12:19 AM

Jan 2014
so Solider San Is Her Real Father, damn I was caught of guard on that one. Really good episode, way better than last weeks episode !
Aug 24, 2014 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
Greath episode. Answered a few questions and a lot of feels to it. Definitely looking forward to next weeks episode. 5/5
Aug 24, 2014 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
My premonition about One Piece story which was laughed at when I told it in forums years ago is coming true.

The story is about the future of the real world and we are currently on just before of the "800 hundred years ago" point of its time line.
AhmedHanAug 24, 2014 4:43 AM
Aug 24, 2014 5:19 AM

Jul 2013
AhmedHan said:
My premonition about One Piece story which was laughed at when I told it in forums years ago is coming true.

The story is about the future of the real world and we are currently on just before of the "800 hundred years ago" point of its time line.
Oda is going to expose the Illuminati, you heard it here first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 5:40 AM
Jul 2013
Finally, a decent episode of One Piece

I am sure that for the next two episode, animation and pacing, everything will be on a high level and than, after flashbacks, TOEI will be back to bad production

They always know how to make one moment really emotional and that's what I always loved about One Piece, about this arc, this episode made me care much more for Tontatta tribe, King Riku, while in manga, it didn't struck me that hard - and that's what an anime should do, that's what animation is for. To take a step further than the original material - manga

Let's go, looking forward to new episode, because they will be awesome
Aug 24, 2014 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
Damn...

I loved the episode because of all the revelations, but I want to see Bartolomeo reaching Luffy so badly!

His fantasies were the funniest part in today's episode!
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Aug 24, 2014 6:24 PM

Mar 2011
Westuffyme said:
Finally, a decent episode of One Piece

Nothing really happened, just some predictable revelations.
Aug 25, 2014 12:20 AM
Jan 2014
Bartolomeo and his freaking 'luffy senpai' & 'zoro senpai' is so hilaroous!! It'd be so funny if he met all of the straw hats >< bet he'd go all fanboy on us!
Anyway, good ep! Had a feeling that the soldier was rebecca's father, but had no idea that the blue-caped guy would turn out to be the king! Hmm, and i really do hope rebecca joins the straw hats! It'd be great to have another girl on board :-)
"To make a friend's wish come true... we would do nothing less. And from the bottom of our hearts... we prayed for nothing more."
Aug 25, 2014 1:28 AM
May 2013
Decent Episode indeed. Turns out Rebecca's father is soldier-san. Can't wait for the next episode. Bartolomeo is the guy running the episode XD~ ^_^
Aug 25, 2014 2:58 AM

Aug 2014
bartolomeo Hahahahahaha =D
Aug 25, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode.

Good revelations. (I actually knew everything already but it was still interesting.)
Aug 25, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
her father?
fucking lame..
Aug 25, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
Romeo said:
her father?
fucking lame..

You're lame.
Aug 26, 2014 2:58 AM

Nov 2012
Whew, finally caught up with One Piece. I wonder how awful the pacing will be if there is only one episode per week.

The Bartolomeo scenes are always funny. I hope he can get Luffy to meet Zoro.

I like king Riku, I wonder what happened at the incident. Seems like the people like him, maybe the people "above the ground" only hate him just to get Doflamingo's liking? The soldier's revelation was good, he is the king's son.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Aug 26, 2014 10:35 PM

Jun 2009
I
Ferolex said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really liked this episode, felt decently paced, Bartolomeo's admiration of Luffy is freaking hilarious, Luffy went all bishounen.

Also, the only thing that makes me not want either Rebecca or Violet to become a Straw Hat is the fact that their fanservice is pissing me off, it's so in your face, I wish it was gone altogether or at least a lot more subtle as it was pre-timeskip :(

I'm not particularly a fan of "fanservice" but It's no different than the island of women. I actually thought Rebecca was one of those Amazons until I got her backstory.

Bartolomeo is hilarious. At first I thought he was going to project his vision on the Strawhats and turn on them if they didn't act like he expected but his admiration seems legit.

Sparkly Luffy actually freaked me out a bit

Spoilers usually don't bother me but I wish I didn't read P0K3Gaming's spoiler just for the sheer happiness I would have felt upon seeing it unexpectedly but I know i'll still be grinning from ear to ear :D
Aug 27, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
I had a feeling Soldier-san was Rebecca's real father, kinda confusing when Riku was first shown as a gladiator, as I knew he had to be the former king.

Also the fact that people have been turing into toys has been given away very early on already, so that was not really something that surprised me.

Also Barto ... get on with it, and tell Luffy what you want to say !
Aug 28, 2014 1:29 PM

Aug 2014
Bartolomeo is really funny, one of the best One Piece characters.. :'D

Aug 28, 2014 1:36 PM
Mar 2014
Yngvar_VI said:
Damn...

I loved the episode because of all the revelations, but I want to see Bartolomeo reaching Luffy so badly!

His fantasies were the funniest part in today's episode!

How fucking awsome woudent it be, if Bartolomeo would become a straw hat.
Sep 2, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2009
Lmao Boa has competition XD
Sep 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
How many more episodes we have to wait until

WARNING! MAJOR SPOILER!
[spoiler] Sabo appear?[/quote]
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 3, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2014
Ah, so King Ricky is still around and has some loyal followers. Interesting to see that Hack is working for another party. The mystery thickens.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 29, 2014 7:19 PM

Jun 2011
Solid episode.

"I am Rebecca's father."
Kind of predictable but still warm.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 1, 2015 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Toy Soldier being her father was predictable as all hell lol.

Looks like snot man is the one turning people into toys.
Mar 6, 2015 6:10 AM
Jan 2015
i knew it
Jun 4, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2009
Bow and kneel before the king! Almost got the goosebumps there when they did that to the old geezer.

Well my initial suspicion of the old gladiator and the toy soldier seem to have been on the mark, more or less. They haven't said anything specific about what really happened 10 years ago, and why the toy soldier is how and what he has been since then.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 26, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2015
I´m wrting just for cheking if my signatura has been succesfuly changed. As I´m hear let me say that I love One Piece <3
Dec 23, 2015 6:53 PM

Jun 2015
Already guessed it that he was her father.

Finally the next is a past episode, really wanted to know what happened.
Jun 22, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2015
A fine episode :3
Bartolomeo, a great and funny character :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Aug 6, 2016 1:12 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, big reveal, Soldier is Rebecca's real pa
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2016 11:45 PM

May 2013
LOL the return of bishi Luffy xD

Bart is like Boa, ahhhahahahaaa
Feb 21, 2017 2:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Tin soldier, is the Rebecca´s father!!! O _ O

The Tontatta´s story was tender and dramatic....one century of slavery under the Donquixote family, 9 centurys ago!!!!
May 2, 2017 1:46 AM

May 2014
I knew it!!!

But damn, that means that poor guy had to watch his wife die without really being able to grieve and also without being able to tell his lonely daughter that he's her dad :/

Sai got turned into a toy and it's revealed that the weird snot man is the guy responsible.

Also, for some reason, King Riku reminds me of Garp lmao

With the backgrounds of everyone being slowly revealed, this arc is really similar to Alabasta, but much better imo.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2017 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
Riku is Garp's twin!?!?!
Dec 25, 2019 8:13 AM

Jun 2016
This was a sweet and sad episode full of so much crucial information it’s not even funny. But first, let me briefly say that when I saw shoujo Luffy on the thumbnail of this episode I thought that Hancock was coming back for sure. Instead it was just Bartolomeo, he’s certainly living up to the title of “male Hancock”.

To start with we got a timeline of what happened. First, king Don Quixote enslaved the Tontatta 900 years ago. It was a horrendous act and it shows the Don Quixote tradition of slavery goes back a long way. Yet, when the Don Quixote family left to Marie Jois, king Riku took over and was absolutely disgusted by the cruelty shown to the Tontatta. He created the legend of fairies and let them live freely, taking from the big humans all they wanted as the kingdom was first and foremost built on their work. They came to appreciate Riku and paid him back by making the land beautiful and green. This went on for 800 years until the current king Riku was framed and usurped by the current Don Quixote. Beyond the Tontatta history, we heard that the current king Riku was a kind and beloved man, he’d help neighboring countries when needed it and rather than Dressrosa being wealthy, it was beloved for its kindness. Of course, overnight everything the Riku family built was torn away, Tontatta were enslaved once more, the lands they helped turned to war, and the people started to despise them. I suppose by making the people hate their king and coming in as a saviour you can easily turn the tides.

The living Riku family identities, foreshadowed quite strongly, were finally set explicit. Ricky is in fact king Riku, I don’t know if he was the Kyros that is so famous but we at least know that. He escaped or was exiled and has come back to save his granddaughter. The other identity is that of the forgotten toy soldier as Rebecca’s father, I think he implied further that those with the Riku blood were killed, and thus him not having their blood can explain why he was rather turned into a toy than killed.

The scene surrounding Riku was enough to make me on the verge of tears. It was immensely powerful, to have toys and humans, former soldiers alike, all bow their heads to him after ten years of suffering to tell him “we’re still loyal to you”. The mutual respect of Tank and Riku was tangible, both felt regret for letting this happen to each other, and Tank was grateful to see his king once again. Further, Elizabello was absolutely grateful for the news after all the help he’s given, yet Dagama and Sai saw it another way. They blamed Riku for letting this happen, for letting a man as heinous as Doflamingo take the throne. They even suggested that being an arms manufacturer, Doflamingo sparks wars to make money off of them and Kano’s purpose here wasn’t the fruit after all. That was a front. It was to find the weapons. The fishman showed he had an ulterior motive too, that he was looking for something. Overall, I loved seeing all the different perspectives on Riku, even from understanding eyes, and the respect his people had towards him. As for the girl the fishman was speaking to, she reminds me of Cindry due to her hair.

I had complimented Oda for making me see the Kano boys as a true family, that their relationship had some weight. Now I see why. Because he can have it hurt when Boo and Chinjao fail to save Sai! We even had Sai characterized to be super awesome and dutiful and adorable before this. Trebol using his slug goo to kidnap Sai and turn him into a toy, maybe will off screen help, represented a few things. Firstly, it proved my theory that they were going to turn the contenders into toys but secondly it showed us a look into the toys minds. They can break out of their directions and show their free will but they don’t always have that ability. Nonetheless a horrifying reality dawned on us, even when they don’t have free will, they have thoughts. They are fully conscious and being forced to act as slaves for the Don Quixote family. At times they have to be with their loved ones and can’t express anything to them. Further, it means that even when some do snap like Onepoko/Milo, they have good reason to pretend they never did. I bet the rules may be in place to help keep them under control. Thirdly, it works to give us even more reasons to want Doflamingo taken down! Aka, more stakes to the matter that we personally feel.

Doflamingo has been set up to be quite the bad dude along with his family in both the large scale and the personal. We’re putting faces on the groups he hurts. Be it the Riku family through Ricky, toy soldier, and Rebecca, heck even their former soldiers now. The gladiator slaves who protested against him. The toys like Milo or Sai or that one we didn’t get the name of. The Tontatta like Wicca and Leo. We currently have his hands on Kin’emon and Momonosuke’s friend Kanjuro. He works with the genocidal scientist, allowing him to do as he pleases, who was killing children and gaslighting his people while using them as lab rats, Mocha and Brownbeard come to mind. And if we wanna go way back, he owned the slave auction house in Sabaody which had caught Camie. For the long game his families been doing this for 900 years and he’s eager to spark wars for cash. With that said, I’m surely forgetting some things and we don’t even know his past with Law yet. With these personal stakes, his kingdom and his schemes, his massive role in the world, taking him down will be a lot of effort and it should be cathartic as all heck.
Apr 1, 2021 10:24 PM

May 2016
I honestly expected that the Devil Fruit user of the Toy Toy Fruit would be someone more...fitting. A sadistic little girl would've been a hundred times more appropriate so I kind of feel betrayed lmao

Soldier-san has always been a father figure towards Rebecca so the thought of him being her real dad was in my mind for a while now. King Riku being one of the losing participants means that there'd be a very interesting 3-generational family reunion coming soon with two of them most likely being toys by the time it happens. 

The Don Quixote family being tyrannical bastards for centuries somehow makes me think that Doflamingo's a mix of someone who was born to be evil while at the same time someone who never really had a choice.

Aug 8, 2021 11:29 AM

Jun 2019
Bartolomeo and Hancock are one and the same. LOL
Aug 26, 2021 11:11 AM

Aug 2021
^ I completely agree with this except bartolomeo is fan of whole crew
Boa's heart is only for luffy :3

Interesting ep with the reveal of rebecca's real father as the soldier-san
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 353 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

75 by bakakisima »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Byakuya692 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.