Forum Settings
Forums

What's up with virgins justifying their virginity?

New
Aug 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Oct 2012
Like, I get if you want to be chaste until marriage or something. There is no pressure to have sex right now. But when you try to justify the decision by throwing a bunch of blind darts at the "problem", trying to convince yourself and other people that your decision was the "right" one for society and yourself, that you don't really "need" sex despite that you're talking about it all day, that sounds really insecure and pathetic, dude... Trust me, we can spot that shit from a mile away.

The true way to solve a problem is to confront it and admit that, for example, you can't meet women, or you have a problem with small talk, or you're socially nervous, and then come up with steps towards a solution. That's respectable, because there ain't no shame in a person taking responsibility for his situation, and taking the necessary steps--you do what you gotta do.

Or if you don't see a problem in it at all, that's cool too.

But when you're wrestling with your inner demons over it and lying to yourself, just why??
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2012
It's always easier to make excuses to not blame yourself over something that's your fault.
KorrvoAug 19, 2014 9:27 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 19, 2014 9:27 PM

Oct 2007
I like how you assume all these virgins are just straight men.

I also don't understand why people who haven't had sex feel the need to go round shouting their mouths off about it. Who cares? Equally, who cares if you have had sex? You're just a username and an avatar on an anime website, what do I or anyone else care if you've slept with someone or not?
Aug 19, 2014 9:28 PM

Mar 2014
I don't see why being a virgin would require any sort of justification in the first place.
Aug 19, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
DanshiDerp said:

I also don't understand why people who haven't had sex feel the need to go round shouting their mouths off about it. Who cares? Equally, who cares if you have had sex? You're just a username and an avatar on an anime website, what do I or anyone else care if you've slept with someone or not?
Yo no offense or nothin' but usually these kind of really passionate responses come from virgins.

just sayin' bruv
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Aug 19, 2014 9:31 PM

Oct 2007
Korrvo said:
DanshiDerp said:

Yo no offense or nothin' but usually these kind of really passionate responses come from virgins.

just sayin' bruv

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that. I'm not a virgin by any stretch of the imagination and I'm a "sis", not a "bruv", but again, does that even matter?
Aug 19, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
who cares if they do
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 19, 2014 9:32 PM

Sep 2012
DanshiDerp said:
Korrvo said:

just sayin' bruv

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say that. I'm not a virgin by any stretch of the imagination and I'm a "sis", not a "bruv", but again, does that even matter?
It's k mang I believe you
no worries bruv
Aug 19, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
DanshiDerp said:
Really? You were actually waiting for such a response?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2007
Korrvo said:
DanshiDerp said:

no worries bruv

Gosh you're cute

katsucats said:
DanshiDerp said:

Not waiting, but expecting.
Aug 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Jun 2014
DanshiDerp said:
Korrvo said:
no worries bruv

Gosh you're cute

Calm yourself, yo. Korrvo's just being British.
Aug 19, 2014 9:38 PM

Oct 2007

I'm also British, yo.
Aug 19, 2014 9:38 PM

Feb 2012
So is this your own problem, or are you making assumptions about other peoples problems?
Aug 19, 2014 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
DanshiDerp said:
katsucats said:
So you wrote a response, and you were self conscious that your response could bring about a certain reaction.................
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 9:39 PM

Sep 2012
SaucyNudityBaron said:

dawg that's offensive
Aug 19, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2014
DanshiDerp said:

I'm also British, yo.

But there's a difference. You ARE British, while Korrvo is just BEING British. This changes everything.
Aug 19, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2014
Korrvo said:
SaucyNudityBaron said:

dawg that's offensive

No disrespect, dawg, but I am offensive.
Aug 19, 2014 9:41 PM

Oct 2012
mecharobot said:
So is this your own problem, or are you making assumptions about other peoples problems?
I'm not making assumptions at all. Stop being defensive and learn to read. I'm fine with people who don't put virginity on a pedestal. This thread is about the virgins who do put virginity on a pedestal, and shoot themselves down while they're at it.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 9:44 PM

Oct 2007
katsucats said:
DanshiDerp said:
So you wrote a response, and you were self conscious that your response could bring about a certain reaction.................
yes? What's so surprising about that?

See this argumentative nature of the forums is exactly why I barely ever post here nowadays.
Aug 19, 2014 9:47 PM

Oct 2012
DanshiDerp said:
See this argumentative nature of the forums is exactly why I barely ever post here nowadays.
Argumentative? Haha, no. See, I'm just pointing out some things. Some things that people, for some reason, aren't cognitive of their own doing. I don't write something stupid, for example, and then be like, "I was waiting to see to call me out for being stupid. I knew it."
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2012
As your post was rather critical, I wonder if the people you speak to who are virgins feel that you will be critical of them if they didn't try to justify it. I'm not saying what they did was cool, but there are usually more than one side to a story.

Besides you yourself, in North American societies at the very least, there is often achievement associated with sex. Over the years, this perception of inadequacy can grate, even on someone who has decent self esteem. I wouldn't fool yourself like I did. For the most part, if someone wants sex they can get sex. It might not be with who they want, or even someone they care about.

And if you don't mean just sex, if you mean a sexual relationship with someone that you care about than that's a tough bag to judge. It's easy to say "he should work out," or "he should get out from in-front of the computer," but out of shape people can find romance just like in-shape people. There is something called okcupid, along with plentyofish, match etc.

It's tempting to point to people's problems and say this is how they should act or deal with them. It's much more difficult, at least for me, to accept people for how they are before trying to help them find what's really best for them.
Aug 19, 2014 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
SwordsmanDan said:
As your post was rather critical, I wonder if the people you speak to who are virgins feel that you will be critical of them if they didn't try to justify it.
I said in my OP that I would be more accepting if they didn't try to justify it (if they really didn't believe it), and instead take steps to solve the problem. There is often achievement associated with sex, and people who are cognitive of that achievement should approach this problem like any other. People who do not care about it will not--people who truly do not care would not take to online forums with fiery rants about how shallow society is or emotional retellings of their thought processes.

It's critical thinking. It really is exactly like a math problem. There are students that don't take calculus, and that's not their problem. But for students that do, there are two main approaches:
1) Find the variables, find the formulas, devise steps, solve for solution, test.
2) Say that it's too hard and you don't need it anyways because you're fine with just a passing grade.

A lot of virgins are #2.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 9:58 PM

Oct 2007
katsucats said:
DanshiDerp said:
Argumentative? Haha, no. See, I'm just pointing out some things. Some things that people, for some reason, aren't cognitive of their own doing. I don't write something stupid, for example, and then be like, "I was waiting to see to call me out for being stupid. I knew it."
Ok babe. I think you need to re-read my first post, because I didn't write anything stupid. I was agreeing with your opinion. It was Korrvo who then posted an assumption on me, which was wrong, and I already knew that someone would come along all "hurr durr ur a Virgin" simply because I said I don't get why virgins have to make a song and dance out of the fact that they are? Idk man this night shift is killing my patience.
Spades-DeuceAug 19, 2014 10:08 PM
Aug 19, 2014 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
I get annoyed when virgins have a holier than thou attitude. Being a virgin is nothing to be ashamed of, but likewise it is nothing to be proud of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2014 10:04 PM

Oct 2009
where shiratori999 at
Aug 19, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
Minagatachi said:
I get annoyed when virgins have a holier than thou attitude. Being a virgin is nothing to be ashamed of, but likewise it is nothing to be proud of.
lol ive never gotten my dick wet because I have SELF CONTROL

HAH

THAT'S RIGHT
now take your DICK and shove it up your girlfriends PUSSY like the pussy YOU are
HAHAHA
Aug 19, 2014 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
RandomChampion said:
where shiratori999 at

Busy taking care of his club.
Aug 19, 2014 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
Much that slut shaming is a thing, virgin shaming is also a thing.

People "justify" their virginity because we live in a culture that holds high expectations for people (mostly men) to lose their virginities. It's to avoid further ridicule, as well as a "sour grapes" type psychological coping method.
Aug 19, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
People "justify" their virginity because we live in a culture that holds high expectations for people (mostly men) to lose their virginities. It's to avoid further ridicule, as well as a "sour grapes" type psychological coping method.
That's ironic. They'd get much less criticism if they accepted their circumstances instead of trying to convince other people that their happy about themselves, which in turn just sounds pathetic.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 10:19 PM

Feb 2012
katsucats said:
I'm not making assumptions at all. Stop being defensive and learn to read. I'm fine with people who don't put virginity on a pedestal. This thread is about the virgins who do put virginity on a pedestal, and shoot themselves down while they're at it.

You seriously expect me to believe that? These threads are never about seeking answers to questions or about understanding. They are always about finding a justification to your opinion for whatever reason.
Aug 19, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2014
Minagatachi said:

Well said. 100% agreed.
Aug 19, 2014 10:29 PM

Aug 2014
Its because in today's world, chicks are sooooooooooo difficult to get. You gotta show them a resume and a portfolio of your life before they even say hello to you.

Thank you feminism

Why do you think that Japan and South Korea have horrible birth rates? Because the ladies are impossible to get.
oooo3333Aug 19, 2014 10:40 PM
Aug 19, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 2013
it's ok being virgin but don't be proud of it. it will annoy people around you for sure
y123y said:
Its because in today's world, chicks are sooooooooooo difficult to get. You gotta show them a resume and a portfolio of your life before they even say hello to you.

Thank you feminism
LOL.
Aug 19, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
y123y said:

Then go after men. Men are easy.
Aug 19, 2014 10:53 PM

Oct 2012
mecharobot said:
katsucats said:
You seriously expect me to believe that? These threads are never about seeking answers to questions or about understanding. They are always about finding a justification to your opinion for whatever reason.
So what's your purpose in posting in a thread, ignoring it, and instead make assumptions based on what you perceive every other thread to be but this one? lol

What are you defending?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2012
I think this can go both ways, especially when people are annoyed or angry.

And why is it that defending something means you either are associated with that something or you are that something? That would make of me a lot of things that I am not.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 19, 2014 11:14 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Why should losing your virginity make you a "superior" human being or vice versa? It's just nonsensical societal pressure and nothing more. Just ignore everyone who thinks it's a big deal.
Aug 19, 2014 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Why should losing your virginity make you a "superior" human being or vice versa? It's just nonsensical societal pressure and nothing more. Just ignore everyone who thinks it's a big deal.
Well, by your logic, in the context of society you are a superior human being.

Even though I don't actually see that nowadays...

Autocrat said:
Aug 19, 2014 11:17 PM

Oct 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Why do you use an irrelevant justification to support virginity? Note that your question has nothing to do with the thread, but it's an attitude that you yourself brought to the thread. Since it clearly didn't originate from the thread, why do you think it's a big deal?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2012
katsucats said:
why does HaXXspetten think it's a big deal?
Social pressure.

Autocrat said:
Aug 19, 2014 11:21 PM

Apr 2013
I think those people are really ashamed of being virgins.

Seriously, guys. There's nothing to be ashamed of virgin or not.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 19, 2014 11:21 PM
Feb 2014
Coz I have reasons -_- .
Aug 19, 2014 11:24 PM

Feb 2014
Support virginity? Justify virginity? I don't see what's the problem with being a virgin.
And if someone takes pride in being a virgin, so what? People take pride in loads of things and anything.
Aug 19, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
katsucats said:
why does HaXXspetten think it's a big deal?
Social pressure.
But here's the thing. This thread makes no mention of a virginity and superiority correlation. But rather it's about an irrational adverse attitude that some people hold about certain issues that plague their consciousness. And I think his question sort of typifies this. It's in the tone, when someone writes 'superior' in scare-quotes as if mocking a contingent that doesn't even exist here.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 11:28 PM

Oct 2012
muph said:
And if someone takes pride in being a virgin, so what?
If a person is really so proud of being virgin, the problem wouldn't be constantly weighing on his mind, like the pros and cons of sex. It would be a bygone issue.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 19, 2014 11:34 PM
Sep 2013
What's with these threads?
Each time I click on Casual Discussion section there's at least one thread talking abut virginity.
Aug 19, 2014 11:35 PM

Apr 2013
muph said:
And if someone takes pride in being a virgin, so what?

If I was still a virgin, I would live every day without giving it any thought. I think that would be actual pride.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 19, 2014 11:35 PM

Apr 2013
caperock said:
What's with these threads?
Each time I click on Casual Discussion section there's at least one thread talking abut virginity.

Most people here are virgins and some need ways to cope with the horrors of "virginity."
Aug 19, 2014 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
nothing wrong with making excuses (rationalization) for yourself since its human nature
Aug 19, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
y123y said:
I know this has been said to death, but I'll say it again; confidence and an interesting personality is all you need (I guess you'd need average looks as well, don't want to scare then off). More attractive girls tend to be more picky (what do you expect, they probably get so much guys hitting on them), so if you're not having luck with them just lower your standards a bit. Also, if you're a boring person like myself, alcohol works wonders.
MinagatachiAug 19, 2014 11:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

44 by Rhaelynne »»
11 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
57 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.