Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 11:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Keten said:
Tokoya said:
I didn't take any offense by it....I just found it to be pretty weird that something like that bothered you since the former doesn't even compare that much to the latter

Oh, I understand. It's just that I figured he was the type of person to say sorry as he left or something. Or at least hesitate a tad before shooting. I don't think he should have just NOT shot him. Lol
Haha, he does seem like the type of guy that would do that doesn't he? xDDD I see where you're coming from now lol
Aug 16, 2014 11:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
pakoko said:
Tokoya said:
I was hoping that this bolded part would have happened but oh well....I think (More like hoping) that maybe they will use the Aldnoah Mech (That is Slaine will study and replicate its design schematics) to make new machines or modify the earth's machines and since that mech might be seen as a symbol of fear and cause a lot of chaos and strife for the Earthlings, I think they're going to re-design it as well (With Inaho piloting it and most likely painting it orange lol)

If you're trying to say that Slaine will be the one who modifies the earth's machines, then don't count on it, at least not for a looonnnng time. Slaine won't join Terran's side after Inaho treated him like that. Slaine will most likely join Saazbaum's crew for the time being, because he's the only one who's been keeping track of Slaine, and Slaine literally has nowhere else to go because he betrayed Cruhteo and got betrayed by Terrans.
Doubt it....The Princess is on Humanity's side and I don't see Slaine abandoning/going against her at all
Aug 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
Tokoya said:
Keten said:

Oh, I understand. It's just that I figured he was the type of person to say sorry as he left or something. Or at least hesitate a tad before shooting. I don't think he should have just NOT shot him. Lol
Haha, he does seem like the type of guy that would do that doesn't he? xDDD I see where you're coming from now lol

I thought Slaine fired simultaneously. In fact, Inaho was a split second slower. I dunno where is all these hates coming from. Inaho was right to shoot there. Or did I miss something?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
Anyone else lol at Inaho's Asura's Wrath reference?
Aug 16, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
All Slaine had to do was answer Inaho's question. Why was he looking for the princess when the martians are supposed to think she's dead. That's fishy from an outsider's perspective like Inaho. Then Slaine not only doesn't answer his question but he activates the mini turrets on the wings and aims them at Inaho's Kataphract.

Of course Inaho would decides okay you wanna play hard ball? You take a swim. *blast engine*
Aug 16, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
Good episode i love how he plots to take them down. This shit cant possible end in 5 episodes better have a season 2.
Aug 16, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2014
when the princess will find out what did to his bf this kirito clone...
Aug 16, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2008
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

What? He just sent him for a dip in the ocean to cool off. He could've killed him if he wanted to instead he aimed for the engine.
Aug 16, 2014 11:24 AM
Mar 2014
bonifide said:
Good episode i love how he plots to take them down. This shit cant possible end in 5 episodes better have a season 2.

While MAL says it will be 12 episodes, other sites (which have proven to reliable) say 24. I'm inclined to believe the latter. Even with a high pacing, this is far from over in 5 episodes.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 16, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
shanimebib said:

I thought Slaine fired simultaneously. In fact, Inaho was a split second slower. I dunno where is all these hates coming from. Inaho was right to shoot there. Or did I miss something?

We are talking about the start of the episode. Where Slaine pinned the guy down and shot his leg to get information out of him.

I was saying it was weird that he reacted so blankly to it despite seeming like the type of person who really doesn't like hurting people.
Jul 2014
bonifide said:

Will have a season two :D

May 2012
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

how the fuk is inaho a kirito clone
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
pakoko said:

If you're trying to say that Slaine will be the one who modifies the earth's machines, then don't count on it, at least not for a looonnnng time. Slaine won't join Terran's side after Inaho treated him like that. Slaine will most likely join Saazbaum's crew for the time being, because he's the only one who's been keeping track of Slaine, and Slaine literally has nowhere else to go because he betrayed Cruhteo and got betrayed by Terrans.
Doubt it....The Princess is on Humanity's side and I don't see Slaine abandoning/going against her at all

He won't abandon her. He'll join Saazbaum's crew not to join the Martian side, but in order to save the princess from the Terrans, even if it means using force. He's on the princess's side, and he couldn't care less of either sides. Saazbaum knows this, and he'll most likely manipulate Slaine so that Slaine will achieve both Saazbaum's goal of defeating Terrans and his own goal of retrieving the princess. Although the princess then will probably turn her back to Slaine if Slaine were to hurt any Terrans.

For now, though, he'll need to join Saazbaum because he literally has nowhere to go and nothing to fight with in Tanegashima. Sure, he might change sides if the princess talks to him directly, but as of now Asseylum doesn't even know Slaine is looking for her.

Apr 2014
inaho still boring character/personality
Red is the color of a hero

Apr 2008
Tommk said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

how the fuk is inaho a kirito clone

Ignore him. He's been spouting that lie for ages now.

pakoko said:
Tokoya said:

He won't abandon her. He'll join Saazbaum's crew not to join the Martian side, but in order to save the princess from the Terrans, even if it means using force. He's on the princess's side, and he couldn't care less of either sides. Saazbaum knows this, and he'll most likely manipulate Slaine so that Slaine will achieve both Saazbaum's goal of defeating Terrans and his own goal of retrieving the princess. Although the princess then will probably turn her back to Slaine if Slaine were to hurt any Terrans.

For now, though, he'll need to join Saazbaum because he literally has nowhere to go and nothing to fight with in Tanegashima.

Are you daft? He doesn't trust ANYONE in the martian hierarchy. THat's why he went to the emperor in the first place.
Jul 2018
Keten said:
shanimebib said:

We are talking about the start of the episode. Where Slaine pinned the guy down and shot his leg to get information out of him.

I was saying it was weird that he reacted so blankly to it despite seeming like the type of person who really doesn't like hurting people.

You could say that it just shows how loyal he is to princess.
Aug 16, 2014 11:30 AM
Oct 2010
This show would have been really good if not for the mecha designs because jesus christ, it's like they are saying "plz kill me" with these stupid ass mechas. Why do these guys have no ordinary weaponry at all. PLEASE TELL ME WHY! WTF!!! And do the martians even have an army??
Aug 16, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Okay, that ending. WTF?

No seriously. WTF.

Yay, aLIEz is this week's episode ED. :D
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Aug 16, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Hantsuki03 said:

yeah pretty blank character with a mary sue complex
Aug 16, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
DejWoSWK said:
Keten said:

I know, but I don't want him to just be a 1-dimensional (I LOVE THE PRINCESS AND EVERYTHING ELSE DOESN'T MATTER) character.

Either way, it was a nitpick. It was a scene that didn't last long and nothing in it was wrong or anything. I just felt his reactions were weird going off what we've seen of him in the past.
Aug 16, 2014 11:32 AM
Mar 2014
Darklight0303 said:
All Slaine had to do was answer Inaho's question. Why was he looking for the princess when the martians are supposed to think she's dead. That's fishy from an outsider's perspective like Inaho. Then Slaine not only doesn't answer his question but he activates the mini turrets on the wings and aims them at Inaho's Kataphract.

Of course Inaho would decides okay you wanna play hard ball? You take a swim. *blast engine*

Just rewatched it. Slaine indeed fired 2 of his miniguns at Inaho. Foolish act - plane vs mech carried by the plane = mech wins, about always. Inaho was pretty quick with his response, or very slow with first strike.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Oct 2010
Btw why the hell did inaho shoot down slaine?
Jul 2018
skudoops said:
This show would have been really good if not for the mecha designs because jesus christ, it's like they are saying "plz kill me" with these stupid ass mechas. Why do these guys have no ordinary weaponry at all. PLEASE TELL ME WHY! WTF!!! And do the martians even have an army??

They have "knights" spouting cheesy nonsense and you could classify carries as combat units to a certain degree.
Aug 16, 2014 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
skudoops said:

Read the post above yours

Dec 2013
chickenonthepan said:
[quote=jdbe
The ending was semi funny, Inaho, although taking the right measures, didn't really have to shoot him down to make a point, he could've asked first. I think it was an attempt to make him look bad ass, in the end I thought he looked like a cock

Slaine shots first. Inaho just replies. Watch carefully before making any argument.[/quote]

Oh was it? My mistake, still Inaho asking could he exploit the princess was stupid tbh, I could understand detaining them for questioning, but exploits a bit, ugh.

Btw , I wasn't trying to make an argument, just saying
The Komori

Mar 2013
shanimebib said:
Tokoya said:

We're referring to the elevator scene in the beginning with Slaine and random martian soldier
Mar 2014
skudoops said:

*See above*
Slaine fired at Inaho with the miniguns of the carrier, Inaho shot Slaine down.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 16, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2007
DejWoSWK said:
Keten said:

Ah! I missed that. And I agree that he is willing to go far for the princess because she gave him a second life, remember?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 16, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
skudoops said:

he wants to take advantage of the princess.
Aug 16, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
-Resident- said:
Probably cause he saw him as a potential threat. Inaho doesn't know what Slaine would do if he could contant Asseylum directly. He could be seen as an assassin.

Ah, you're right. Haven't thought about it, but it is only logical: Inaho knows that martians want to kill the princess.
Still he could've asked differently, especially since he had time and the pilot was obviously non-hostile at the moment (the vulnerable voice could've been a clue too).

pakoko said:
He won't abandon her. He'll join Saazbaum's crew not to join the Martian side, but in order to save the princess from the Terrans, even if it means using force.

That would be really good, though I doubt it. The only hope for this development is Saazbaum mentioning the irony and Slaine's father together in the previous episode. Maybe Saazbaum works with dr Troyard?

Tokoya said:
We're referring to the elevator scene in the beginning with Slaine and random martian soldier

Have to agree that it was a bit strange. Not that I disagree with making Slaine seem less of a wuss, but he seemed strangely calm - when he is usually nervous and expressive.
deadoptimistAug 16, 2014 11:39 AM
Aug 16, 2014 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Hantsuki03 said:

At least Inaho shows his dark side.
Your love for Slaine really makes your eyes blind.
Aug 16, 2014 11:36 AM

May 2012
Inaho always have this evil look . Not sure, I have my doubts
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 16, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2012
BenMS said:
skudoops said:

*See above*
Slaine fired at Inaho with the miniguns of the carrier, Inaho shot Slaine down.

#rekt
Aug 16, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

It is a typical trait of Slaine fanboys. Fact of the matter is Slaine has only himself to blame for getting shot down. His obsession with the princess blinded him.

All he needed to do was answer Inaho's question. Not make demands.
Aug 16, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2008
y123y said:
So..... Slaine is all alone now. He is everyone's enemy.

Not likely. I'm sure Inaho and his group will fish him out of the drink if to squeeze some information out of him until the Princess sees him.
Aug 16, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
chickenonthepan said:

It is a typical trait of Slain fanboys. Fact of the matter is Slaine has only himself to blame for getting shot down. His obsession with the princess blinded him.

whats your problem?Because not everybody likes the main protagonist?Get over it.
Aug 16, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Darklight0303 said:

It is a typical trait of Slain fanboys. Fact of the matter is Slaine has only himself to blame for getting shot down. His obsession with the princess blinded him.

whats your problem?Because not everybody likes the main protagonist?Get over it.

My problem is hypocrites like you who don't admit the truth
Aug 16, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2013
deadoptimist said:

pakoko said:
He won't abandon her. He'll join Saazbaum's crew not to join the Martian side, but in order to save the princess from the Terrans, even if it means using force.

That would be really good, though I doubt it. The only hope for this development is Saazbaum mentioning the irony and Slaine's father together in the previous episode. Maybe Saazbaum works with dr Troyard?

Yeah, no he's definitely not staying in Saazbaum's crew for long. I'm just saying that because Saazbaum's the only one who's been tracking him down (he tells Cruhteo to leave Slaine to him) and most likely will be the only one who will find him in Tanegashima. Unless Slaine magically sneaked into the battleship hahaha.

I actually thought the implication was that Dr. Troyard was dead, but maybe I'm wrong. I thought Slaine would have some knowledge of his father's research and hence the reason why he's left alive in the Vers kingdom.
Aug 16, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Darklight0303 said:

But you are "The Unbiased One". You should see things more objective.
Aug 16, 2014 11:43 AM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
skudoops said:

Ah I see, but how did inaho get away then? It was point blank and he didn't move, so I'm assuming slaine fired warning shots?
Aug 16, 2014 11:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
pakoko said:
Tokoya said:

For now, though, he'll need to join Saazbaum because he literally has nowhere to go and nothing to fight with in Tanegashima. Sure, he might change sides if the princess talks to him directly, but as of now Asseylum doesn't even know Slaine is looking for her.
I'm pretty sure that every single last Terran (The King included) sees him as an enemy and would probably kill him on site. So I don't see that happening at all
Aug 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Now Inaho gets to drive the Red K this war is over. I want somebody to chop his arm off. Inaho is killing all the suspense , consequently ruining everything.
Aug 16, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2008
skudoops said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ah I see, but how did inaho get away then? It was point blank and he didn't move, so I'm assuming slaine fired warning shots?

Not point blanks since the turrets were on the wing. From that kind of awkward angle it'd be hard to land a shot. On the other hand Inaho had a straight shot at the engine and then he used the anchor from his arm to hook the plane and drag it down into the ocean while slowing his fall enough to land safely.

y123y said:
I dont blame Slaine for being obsessed with the princess. I mean, did you see that mouth to mouth at the beginning of episode 5 when they just met? I dont blame him at all.

THat doesn't make it any less his fault for making demands instead of answering questions.
Aug 16, 2014 11:46 AM

Mar 2011
Wow, the martians sure like to shout constantly "onore". They are giving Gilgamesh from Fate stay night a run for his money.

Anyway this is episode the episode that had the best action. Im really liking this series.

Apr 2010
skudoops said:
Darklight0303 said:

Probably. Our husbando, Slaine can do no wrong.
Mar 2014
skudoops said:
Darklight0303 said:

Even the Aldnoah-driven minigun-shots can't kill an Terran Kataphrakt in one shot - and it were just a few shots, so it were 'warning shots' of some sort I guess.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Aug 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
pakoko said:
Yeah, no he's definitely not staying in Saazbaum's crew for long. I'm just saying that because Saazbaum's the only one who's been tracking him down (he tells Cruhteo to leave Slaine to him) and most likely will be the only one who will find him in Tanegashima. Unless Slaine magically sneaked into the battleship hahaha.

I actually thought the implication was that Dr. Troyard was dead, but maybe I'm wrong. I thought Slaine would have some knowledge of his father's research and hence the reason why he's left alive in the Vers kingdom.

Unfortunately, so far the authors haven't shown any inclination towards using political intrigue in the plot. I see Inaho's friends fishing out Slaine as a more likely development at the moment. With how things are done in martian castles, Slaine won't be offered to join anything by Sazbaum - he will be caught, interrogated for info and killed. Unless there's something that we don't know about Saazbaum and conspiracy.

I had the impression thet he was left alive mostly because of princess' protection and Cruhteo's pride. And they let him out of the castle to track him down. But we don't know anything about his father yet.
Aug 16, 2014 11:50 AM

May 2009
Aww, so they did pull the "discover similar technology to use against the enemy" card. Which is ok I guess since Gurren Lagann did the same thing. I was really digging the sticks and stones warfare though. Once Inaho inevitably gets control of the Red Kataphract it's pretty much GG for the martians as he facerolls everything.

Also Lt. Marito is still one of the most useless characters I've ever seen. WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOU
Strawhat_PirateAug 16, 2014 11:54 AM
Aug 16, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
Gotta love Inaho's genre savvyness, perceptive as always. And haters gonna hate of course.

Though this episode did destroy much of "the bad things about the show": Inaho is not infallible and he shows emotions, as well as the others becoming more reliable.

And YES! Somebody who doesn't go "We fought together! Friends forever!".
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 16, 2014 11:52 AM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:

Not point blanks since the turrets were on the wing. From that kind of awkward angle it'd be hard to land a shot. On the other hand Inaho had a straight shot at the engine and then he used the anchor from his arm to hook the plane and drag it down into the ocean while slowing his fall enough to land safely.

Well the turrets are the little red things.. the ones on the inner side of the wings can point directly at him.

BenMS said:

Even the Aldnoah-driven minigun-shots can't kill an Terran Kataphrakt in one shot - and it were just a few shots, so it were 'warning shots' of some sort I guess.

Actually it's not an aldnoah weapon, they use regular howitzer shells (Slaine said so earlier). So far the one aldnoah based weapon we've seen has been able to one hit terran mechs (in the second* episode).
GD1551Aug 16, 2014 11:58 AM
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.