Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2014 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Kawai's turn. That girl is absolutely disgusting. Mashiba's doing jackshit, unless he was being sarcastic. Mangaka's not really good at showing expressions.

So much hate for this chapter.

Gross.

And the highlight of the chapter:

Kawai vs. Ueno

So who are you betting on?

[i]edit: Just to clarify, there will be no chapter next week as the magazine is on break. This issue is a double issue--週刊少年マガジン 2014年No.36・37合併号 [発売日: 2014年8月6日].
AnaAug 7, 2014 10:19 PM
Aug 2, 2014 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
Oh god, a Kawai chapter? This will be dreadful. Even with Ueno's shit recently I hope she kicks the shit out of Kawai.
Aug 2, 2014 6:40 PM

Mar 2009
ok ... I give up. Google fails, 4chan fails, I don't see Thaifag anywhere ... where is chapter 48, trying so very hard not to read spoilers. trying, dying, hard ... :(
Aug 2, 2014 10:00 PM
Jun 2014
I'm not even sure if I want to read this chapter cause there ain't a damn thing that could be said that would make me not want to push her into oncoming traffic.
Aug 2, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
omegaforce21 said:
I'm not even sure if I want to read this chapter cause there ain't a damn thing that could be said that would make me not want to push her into oncoming traffic.
You should, silly! It makes you hate her more.
Aug 2, 2014 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
Kawai is so ridiculous. I couldn't help but giggle at all the bs she kept spouting. I hope Ueno kicks her ass, seriously. And why does Mashiba even keep hanging out with Kawai? I used to like him, but he's just being annoying now.
Aug 3, 2014 10:43 AM
Aug 2014
We get a chapter to show the inside of her head and... well..

My god.

That girl has honestly a problem, she's so off the rocker.Comparing Nishiyama's bullying to hers...
Seriously, just...everything. EVERY-FUCKING-THING that she said. The amount of narcissism and escapism in Kawai is just sickening.

Well, on the bright side, we have Kawai against Ueno...

On one hand, we have a brutally honest woman/bitch who's very good at recognizing other people's fault and know that she has some issues to work out, she has her eyes opened.

On the other hand, we have a fake bitch, hypocrite and narcissist who believe herself to have done nothing wrong, still has her eyes closed about the situation with Nishiyama and Ishida , choose to not be responsible in whatever is going on with Nishiyama and Ishida and believe herself to be cute when in fact, she's just very ugly inside.(no pun intended)

Guess who's going to win ?

No really, Ueno is going to lay a smackdown on Kawai and going to force her to face reality.
Aug 3, 2014 4:36 PM

Mar 2009

Laughed hard at the comments in Thaifag's thread, haha.
Aug 5, 2014 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
And welp, the drama escalated. Fucking Kawai...sigh.

I wonder how far this will escalate though.
Aug 5, 2014 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
So Kawai still thinks she's done nothing wrong - fucking bitch.

Although her little monologue to Nishimiya was nice. The shit talking so far I am neutral on.

Mashiba is just annoying for me right now, but I guess he isn't really filled in on everything that went down.

Perhaps brutally honest Ueno will make her ACTUALLY look at her past next chapter (I really hope so - it'd bring me back around to liking Ueno again).
Aug 5, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2013
Man Ueno is hogging Ishida to herself. Can't wait to see what happens between these two girls.
Aug 5, 2014 8:54 PM
Jun 2014
Honestly don't know what to feel hate her guts cause she think she's perfect and can't do anything wrong yet at the same time she seems like she's trying to be a decent person. But in the end I still want to see her suffer in pain and misery.

After all this is all her fault.
Aug 5, 2014 11:49 PM

Aug 2009
Welp, didn't think Kawai could be more of an annoying bitch. I was wrong.
Aug 6, 2014 12:14 AM

Feb 2010
ugh a Kawai chapter

Aug 6, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
Before reading the chapter I hated Kawaii, after I hate Kawaii more than before, what she think it's unbeliveable.....
I'm not a huge fan of Ueno but I hope she will teach Kawaii something.
Aug 6, 2014 1:33 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, she's creepy. And slapping someone and then hugging them? Poor Nishimiya. I think that "bully savior" Satoshi will turn out to be a creep too.

And still Ueno locking the doors and hospital staff don't do anything about it? Makes no sense.
Aug 6, 2014 1:39 AM

Aug 2012
Two bitches going at it, let see how this is going to turn out.
Aug 6, 2014 1:58 AM

Feb 2013
I find it ridiculous that Ueno is able to lock the room from everyone else in a hospital. Normally she'd be kicked out by the staff in the blink of an eye. She's not even related to him.

I'd understand if he were in her home, but in a public hospital it sounds completely unbelievable.

That aside, let's see how the two despicable girls go at each other in the next chapter. Hopefully they both knock each other out and we get rid of them for good.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Aug 6, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2013
I thought I may understand Kawai but nope! She is just fake to herself.

No, no I'm not betting because Nishimiya's mother will enter the scene and win, jk. It would be great if they are both knocked out.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 6, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2011
At least Ueno understands that she is in the wrong. Just can't help doing the things she's doing though that's hardly a good excuse. However in Kawai's case, she's oblivious to her own faults and the worst part is that she thinks of her self as the victim here.
Aug 6, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2010
It looks like the "about three more" volumes from last march turned into four. It is good to know that there is more left than we thought, since these past couple of chapters haven't really moved the story forward much, just given insight into some of the less consequential characters. Kawai is, frankly, a hypocritical, sanctimonious, self-centered, self-serving, and entirely clueless little bitch. She may be worse tan Ueno, since she doesn't think she is doing anything wrong. She just never thinks about anyone other than herself.

It is a shame that Nagatsuka has such a reputation for telling elaborate, obvious lies, since that is exactly what his defense of Shoya came off as.

I don't mind the feature chapters, and now that we know that it is going to be 7 volumes and not 6, I don't feel so bad about them. (When I thought we were approaching the end in the next few chapters I wondered what the mangaka was thinking...) With 17 more chapters, (if what I read on another site is correct: the magazine is on volume 35 and ends in volume 52) there is plenty of time to build these side characters into more fully rounded people we can either appreciate or despise for better reasons. LOL

The best thing that should come out of this chapter and its resolution in the next chapter is that Ueno's petty dictatorship over the door to Shoya's room should come to an end, one way or the other. Either Kawai will raise a big enough stink to attract the attention of the hospital officials, she will convince Ueno to let others see him, she will end up in another hospital room with Ueno being hauled off by the cops, or Ueno will go home with her tail tucked between her legs after Kawai gets Mashiba to drag her out and beat her up.

Does anyone else find it odd that Mashiba seems to want to use the techniques of bullies to punish them? One wonders if he realizes what he is doing?

Also, rampant speculation here, I think Kawai will be massively disappointed by the end result of her campaign to win Mashiba's heart, because

[CORRECTION: It is impossible for there to be 17 more chapters, as there are only 14 more weeks between now and November 12. I think the volume number for the most recent week must not be 35. If you assume a couple weeks off or that the magazine may have off-weeks in that time, that would put us at a total of 60 chapters. (I know that Fuuka said "see you in two weeks" at the end of this week's chapter, so I would bet that there is a week off for some of the magazines next week.) In another thread, it was stated that volume 4 ends with chapter 32, which puts volumes 2-4 with a consistent 9 chapters per volume. If volume five increases that by one, it would put volume 5 with chapters 33-42 (a logical cliff-hanger for the end of the volume), volume 6 with 43-51, and the final volume with 52-60. That makes sense to me.]
zensunniAug 6, 2014 9:33 AM
Aug 6, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2012
Holy... I hope Kawai gets the bitch beaten outta her by Ueno.

A bit of speculation, but maybe Mashiba will cause a drastic change in Kawai. I have a bit of faith in him that he's not completely blind of Kawai's real personality. He's probably just putting up with her bull for now.

Aug 6, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
zensunni said:
[CORRECTION: It is impossible for there to be 17 more chapters, as there are only 14 more weeks between now and November 12. I think the volume number for the most recent week must not be 35. If you assume a couple weeks off or that the magazine may have off-weeks in that time, that would put us at a total of 60 chapters. (I know that Fuuka said "see you in two weeks" at the end of this week's chapter, so I would bet that there is a week off for some of the magazines next week.) In another thread, it was stated that volume 4 ends with chapter 32, which puts volumes 2-4 with a consistent 9 chapters per volume. If volume five increases that by one, it would put volume 5 with chapters 33-42 (a logical cliff-hanger for the end of the volume), volume 6 with 43-51, and the final volume with 52-60. That makes sense to me.]
I'm not sure why you're so, which is perhaps an exaggeration on my part, concerned about the number of chapters, although what you've stated sounds reasonable. The latest issue is a double issue (週刊少年マガジン 2014年No.36・37合併号 [発売日: 2014年8月6日]).

There will be no chapter next week as it is a national holiday.
AnaAug 6, 2014 10:53 AM
Aug 6, 2014 5:07 PM

Sep 2013
Yup. Still hate her. Ueno better beat her ass.
Aug 6, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
Man wtf Kawai chapter?? Just wasted 2 minutes of my life.
Aug 6, 2014 8:16 PM

Dec 2013
Kawai loves playing the victim card. She did it while the were in elementary school. She did it a few chapters before the confrontation on the bridge, and she's doing it now.

It seems everything thing she does or says is for the sake of projecting a positive image to those around her, and ironically, the fact fact that she decides to ignore her own faults for the sake of her self-perceived positive image is having the opposite effect of what she intended.

orithyea said:

----------------------------------------
Kawai's turn. That girl is absolutely disgusting. Mashiba's doing jackshit, unless he was being sarcastic. Mangaka's not really good at showing expressions.

I think he decided to humor her. The guy seems strangely perceptive.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Aug 6, 2014 11:32 PM

Jun 2013
God i cant wait for the next chapter!
Winners Don't Make Excuses

Aug 7, 2014 6:16 AM
Jun 2014
Ughhhhh Kawai. Ueno needs to seriously punch that girl. That is all.
Aug 8, 2014 2:40 AM
Jun 2014
ughh! I didn't know that Ueno will not be my most hated character in this manga. Kawai definitely took that spotlight from her. She's acting like she's the victim here and comparing Shoko's situation to hers. At least Ueno is fully aware of her b*tchyness unlike Kawai.
Aug 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
UENO WILL REKT KAWAI ASS

"i am cute" - Kawai
U WOT M8??
Aug 8, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2010
Ueno, please kick that Kawai crazy bitch ass.
Aug 8, 2014 10:53 PM

Feb 2011
Gawd I hate Kawai, I used to hate Ueno but at least she knows that she has issues!

Friggin Kawai is basically the definition of a narcissist! She can't even see other people's face. They are just blank to her, and she can only identify people that are around her. can't see anyone but herself
Apparently world centers around her. haha.
Aug 9, 2014 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
srs hospital visiting room beef at the end there
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2012
i hope next the chapter will be a bloodbath with both ueno and kawai
Aug 18, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
How did I miss this release >__>

*goes off to read it*

I wish I could reach out to the other side of pc screen and into the manga panels. I want to strangle that *expletives barrage here*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2011
Hear that sound? It's the massive shockwave created by people jumping off the hate-Ueno bandwagon and climbing aboard the hate-Kawai one. With good reason, I guess I should add. As people have pointed out, Ueno is very aware of what she is doing and can justify it to herself because she really does have feelings for Ishida (unrequited as they might be). Kawai just seems so self-absorbed and oblivious that she is easy to hate.

Mashiba has developed into a more interesting and important character as well--although he probably is a proxy for Ishiba who is (temporarily) unavailable.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 21, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2012
Fake Miku's fake.

7/10 for this chap.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 17, 2014 7:07 PM

Jun 2011
At least Kawai's making an effort to do better. I still want to her to face her past like an adult, but I'll take what I can get. Ueno's still the absolute worst for her continuous stupid-and-violent-doings. Maybe they can take each other out... or maybe Mashiba will...
Nov 19, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
This chapter made me more hate Kawai, what a hypocrite bitch.
Nov 24, 2014 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
At least Kawai just slap Shouko once, not like Ueno. I understand her feelings.

Bitch vs. a cute? or feeling cute?
Dec 13, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2013
Kawai and Ueno, 2 of the worst ever characters that I have seen in recent times. Wonder what was going through the mind of the mangaka while she was making this chapter.. more bitchslaps might be guaranteed next chapter
Jul 27, 2015 5:28 PM

Nov 2014
Hey, I just noticed something.... Kawai slapped Nishimiya, rambled about herself, and all that... Nishimiya hugged her... But there's a missing fact : Nishimiya didn't hear anything she said, she only got the hug. Everything else escaped her mind.
There's a gap between her and the group, just now I noticed it. I think, if she knew what was going on, and didn't feel obligated to be nice to everyone since she thinks she's always a burden maybe she would act differently. That's one of the topics Ueno probably had in mind all the time.

Nov 1, 2015 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
"Class representative Kawai. Let us approach this mysterious lifeform." You mean the most narcissistic human being. Kawai's so awful, she still acts like a good girl. I hope she get what she deserves. Props to her that she only slapped Nishimiya once unlike Ueno.
removed-userNov 1, 2015 7:26 AM
Jun 25, 2016 9:04 PM

Apr 2013
I actually like Kawai, but probably for some pretty shallow reasons. She's surprisingly high on my list of favourite characters. I didn't like her before this chapter, but I can emphasise with her a bit now. That said, I don't think I'm completely narcissistic -- just 40-60% narcissistic.

The way I see it -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- Kawai's blindness to the situation at hand is the same as Nishimiya's deafness. She can't really do anything about it; not on her own, anyway. People have to cater to her for her to actually know what's going on. And that spiel at the end she made about loving your faults as well...reminds me of this quote, just a bit:

"I thought narcissism was about self-love till someone told me there was a flip side to it. ... it is unrequited self-love." - Emily Levine

I should make it completely clear that I don't pity Kawai. It's not sympathy; it's empathy. The amount of things I've been blind to in my life because of my lack of consideration is ridiculous. It might be quite shallow of me to say that this is why I actually like Kawai, but that's the reason. There's also the fact that I exhibit some pretty potent narcissistic tendencies at times, and, funnily enough, that's when I hate myself the most.
Jul 11, 2016 1:54 PM
Sep 2015
I hate Kawai-san. She is such a hypocrite and yet she says she is the same as Nishimiya-san. Are you kidding me? 😡
Jul 20, 2016 2:50 AM

Mar 2015
I love how Ueno is acting like a gatekeeper to Ishida's hospital room. Creepy.
Aug 19, 2016 12:39 AM

Nov 2014
My thought while reading this chap

Go Ueno! Beat the shit out of that bitch!
Dec 6, 2016 6:26 PM

Feb 2010
that girl is such a hypocritical a-hole wtf
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 6, 2017 1:40 AM

Dec 2014
honestly I hate miki guts ...at least Ueno is honest of who she is ..... that prez who do she think she is
Jul 15, 2017 6:31 AM
Feb 2016
after those text mensages i dont even need to say nothing more about kawai
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.