Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 21, 2014 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
oh they kissed hmm why the fuck am i watching this?
Jul 21, 2014 7:11 PM

May 2014
fllare said:
i didnt know animation could be so .. bad

Oh god, the animation really did make me cry a little....I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW FACES WORK???

I just finished the game awhile ago, and I am gonna stick with the anime out of curiosity to see how closely it follows the game. Was really happy that they included the Noiz x Aoba kiss! Dunno how they're going to handle the rest of the story though...like is it going to officially be shounen ai now??

10000 points for including some extra scenes, especially MIZUKI.
Jul 21, 2014 7:42 PM

Jul 2010
LaHaine said:
Yeah, seems like they are correcting it.

(bottom image from their twitter)

MUCH BETTER.

I wonder if we'll get the RAWs of the fixed episode...
Jul 22, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
LaHaine said:

Thanks for sharing, my inner graphical junkie is on hype right now.
I'm actually interested how does going from beta to something like that works. Do they animate a general draft of an episode as we saw with original Ep. 3 and then they make corrections? I thought they try to make it as good as they can from the start and then review it to catch any mistakes. Unless they don't have budget, then they don't try as hard, naturally.
Jul 22, 2014 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
O_O Dat animation ... I ... what LOL. I mean normally I'm not a stickler for it but wow, it was pretty bad this episode :S
Anyway, so Noiz was the guy who fought Aoba ... and it seems like they've done it before too. Suddenly barging into his room like that too ... I wonder what happened in their past? Then Clear and Koujaku show up ... it became quite the crowd eh. How the heck was he eating with his gas mask on?! XD Didn't expect Noiz to kiss Aoba either! :P Though I can't say for sure who my fav guy is yet ... hmm.
I wonder what's going on with Aoba's grandma ... good thing she wasn't really hurt, but in the car with that guy? He looks familiar too but I can't place him ... oh well, wait for next episode I guess :O
Jul 22, 2014 10:26 AM
Sep 2013
Apparently this episode is a beta that was accidentally released, episode three will reair the 26th. Just letting y'all know incase you don't know.

Proof:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-21/dramatical-murder-staff-apologizes-for-episode-3-quality/.76881
Jul 22, 2014 10:26 AM

May 2011
LaHaine said:

Corrected episode will air on 26.07 as I heard. It seems that they made a big FAIL and aired the beta version of the episode...
Jul 22, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2011
EvianBubble said:

I wonder what's going on with Aoba's grandma ... good thing she wasn't really hurt, but in the car with that guy? He looks familiar too but I can't place him ... oh well, wait for next episode I guess :O

I think he was with Toue and Sei in the Tower in Platinium Jail. I mean, this older man and this one with a hat if you haven't play the game.
Jul 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
HAHAHAHA I almost died from laughing too much this episode 10/10 brilliant :)

The should release all the BETA episodes, this is f*cking gold XD
Jul 22, 2014 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
upset bout the animation.. cant believe the change it made this last episode compared from the first one.. i almost cried from desperaton but also laughed

hope they will fix it bc i dont know how to feel about this
Jul 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
I checked out their twitter to see if the rumors about it being re-aired are true. Turns out that they are, and that they are also going to be re-releasing episodes 1 and 2 in an even better quality. In my opinion, episodes 1 and 2 were beautiful, and they don't really need to be changed, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they will look with even their quality improved. Can't wait to see how they fixed the god awful animation in episode 3 too. Excited!
Jul 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2011
RainbowEater said:
I'm going to keep watching this just so I can see how bad it will become.

^
Jul 22, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2014
Wow Aoba actually looks really really nice from that! I sure hope they keep improving the animation because that looks awesome.

I'd be happy with just the art right, SO EXCITED!
Oh usual haters are usual, they're just like ignoring the news about the new improvements just cuz they didn't get their chance at bashing the studio, I actually love the studio for making this game an anime ok?! It's all thanks to them after all :)

Jul 22, 2014 3:28 PM
Jul 2013
HaruhiwannaB said:
Sol_Ou said:
Same. Im hoping someone dies soon or else whats the point in adding murder to the title?

No one ever really dies... to tell you the truth. It's very briefly explained in the game but it doesn't seem like a good title. It doesn't match it well. It's mostly there to draw people in, i think.

Yup, that's true. I regret watching this now, I want to drop it
Jul 22, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2012
NayukiShiina said:
LaHaine said:

MUCH BETTER.

Yeah I'm hoping someone will sub and release the corrected ones
Jul 22, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2011
Anmoly97 said:
HaruhiwannaB said:

No one ever really dies... to tell you the truth. It's very briefly explained in the game but it doesn't seem like a good title. It doesn't match it well. It's mostly there to draw people in, i think.

Yup, that's true. I regret watching this now, I want to drop it

If it's about the title, you can see extremely dramatical deaths in DMMd game, only in bad endings. I'm almost sure that in anime one person will die. The same one died in the good ending in the game and it's a bad character so I think one from the main characters will kill him. And DMMd is sometimes really dark even if no one dies, because of Aoba's special ability.
Jul 22, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2011
Btw I don't really get why people don't like the anime so much. Okay the graphics could be a little better, same with ost but I think that GOATBED's music makes an atmosphere in this anime. But besides that what's so bad in DRAMAtical Murder?
Jul 22, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2010
SleepyBear said:
NayukiShiina said:

MUCH BETTER.

Yeah I'm hoping someone will sub and release the corrected ones

Well, at least some spanish fansubers said that they'll re-release the episode, so I'm happy!

Also more happy because we'll get more of Clear in the next episode!
Jul 23, 2014 1:33 AM

Jan 2014
ZoroZoldyck said:
Wow Aoba actually looks really really nice from that! I sure hope they keep improving the animation because that looks awesome.

Oh usual haters are usual, they're just like ignoring the news about the new improvements just cuz they didn't get their chance at bashing the studio, I actually love the studio for making this game an anime ok?! It's all thanks to them after all :)

In the end I found someone who think just like me you're so mature.

Jul 23, 2014 3:30 AM

Jan 2014
The kiss ruined Noiz's badass image. I can't take him seriously anymore.
Jul 23, 2014 5:43 AM

Mar 2013
LiquidEmerald5 said:
I checked out their twitter to see if the rumors about it being re-aired are true. Turns out that they are, and that they are also going to be re-releasing episodes 1 and 2 in an even better quality. In my opinion, episodes 1 and 2 were beautiful, and they don't really need to be changed, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they will look with even their quality improved. Can't wait to see how they fixed the god awful animation in episode 3 too. Excited!

thank god
Jul 23, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2013
laila_kissa said:
ZoroZoldyck said:

but it's not like if it's a good anime or something bc it's originally from a BL game after all, its just what you can expect about it and nothing more

just watching it bc there are not good animes coming out this last seasons tbh
Jul 23, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2011
k_neda said:
laila_kissa said:

but it's not like if it's a good anime or something bc it's originally from a BL game after all, its just what you can expect about it and nothing more

No good anime this season? I would say that Tokyo Ghoul and Zankyou no Terror are better than DMMd. Kuroshitsuji is also very good.
Jul 23, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
Episode 3 was a gift from the gods. I never laughed so hard. It's like Togainu no Chi anime all over again and I have to continue watching it.
Jul 23, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
Miyoshi997 said:
k_neda said:

No good anime this season? I would say that Tokyo Ghoul and Zankyou no Terror are better than DMMd. Kuroshitsuji is also very good.

ofc i'm watching zankyou no terror and tokyo ghoul as well, but also think tokyo ghoul is overrated.. i will keep reading the manga but i'm going to drop the anime the next episode
Jul 23, 2014 4:08 PM

May 2011
k_neda said:
Miyoshi997 said:

ofc i'm watching zankyou no terror and tokyo ghoul as well, but also think tokyo ghoul is overrated.. i will keep reading the manga but i'm going to drop the anime the next episode

Hmmm, overrated you say. But why? I think it's interesting an even original, I haven't heard about something like "ghouls" in any anime yet. Or I can't remember now. Oh, maybe in Hellsing, but ghouls from here are like zombies while in Tokyo Ghoul they are just people who have to eat human flesh.
Jul 23, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2011
Thanks episode, for making me feel good at animation.
The kiss was nice, this is better that what I expected (adaptacion wise, not in the animation department)
Jul 23, 2014 8:16 PM

Feb 2014
As someone who didn't read the manga, that kiss was sure, um, unexpected. Guess Noiz comes from a place where kissing random people totally isn't sketchy :p

Yeah, the animation wasn't very good in this episode, but I don't usually let that stuff alter my view on a show too much.

Anyway, Noiz looks like quite the troublemaker.Barging into Aoba's house and threatening him? The nerve! I thought Clear was gonna be the antagonist but he actually seems genuinely friendly...or oblivious to his surroundings enough to seem friendly. I wonder why he always has that gas mask on though...

I'm waiting for the whole "psychological" aspect to come up. I have a feeling that this show will get better later on (at least I hope so), but so far it's okay imo.

Also why did Aoba call Koujaku a hippo...?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2014 8:41 PM

May 2011
Noodle070 said:
I thought Clear was gonna be the antagonist but he actually seems genuinely friendly...or oblivious to his surroundings enough to seem friendly. I wonder why he always has that gas mask on though...

I'm waiting for the whole "psychological" aspect to come up. I have a feeling that this show will get better later on (at least I hope so), but so far it's okay imo.

Haha, he probably looked scary because of the gas mask. Well, Clear is the most positive character in DMMd. ^^ You'll see why he always wears the mask later, I think it may surprise you a bit ^^

The psychological thing should start in 1-2 episodes because of the one event. More should be shown especially in the last episodes.

I think that's only a malicious nickaname that Aoba's been using for a long time. He and Koujaku are childhood friends so Aoba may just call him like this when Koujaku irritates him. He calls him like that in the game also ^^
Jul 23, 2014 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
it was alright, except for the animation. *hopes for it to get better*
Jul 24, 2014 2:55 AM

Aug 2012
The animation quality in this is TERRIBLE. The story hasn't got much going for it either so far, but I like some of the character designs so I'll keep watching in the hopes that it improves.
Jul 24, 2014 3:44 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah, I agree about the animation on this one for sure. I also see that a PG-13 tag has been put on the anime, meaning no smexy yaoi stuff will go down. But it's good to see that they aren't omitting everything with the Noiz/Aoba kiss. Except that I really can't stand Noiz! I think it's his piercings... he just looks really... yucky. And his clothes with that bobble hat look a lot like those little kids in the junk shop.
Jul 24, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2011
Good to know they will re-air this episode. Made me laugh : )

Noiz has an interests in Aoba : 0
Jul 24, 2014 11:46 AM
Jul 2014
Ciara said:
LaHaine said:

I'm actually interested how does going from beta to something like that works. Do they animate a general draft of an episode as we saw with original Ep. 3 and then they make corrections? I thought they try to make it as good as they can from the start and then review it to catch any mistakes. Unless they don't have budget, then they don't try as hard, naturally.

My guess is: Nitro+ went with the animation studio that bid for the project with the cheapest price tag, and the reason that this studio is able to bid as low as they did, is because they outsource most of their work to yet another animation studio, in another country, who are willing to accept peanuts as payment. And so what the first studio does then, is basically to animate the important shots and/or clean up the crappy animation that they get from the second studio. And so the un-cleaned up version is this 'beta' that we got. Happens all the time in the current animation industry.
Jul 24, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2010
Its one of those train wrecks where you can't help but keep watching it because its so bad.
Jul 25, 2014 12:21 AM

Mar 2013
Noodle070 said:

I guess it stems from Aoba and Koujaku's child hood.
KABA (hippo) backwards in Japanese is BAKA (stupid)
So it's like a in-joke/insult.

Jul 25, 2014 1:26 AM

Sep 2010
Luren said:
Ciara said:

My guess is: Nitro+ went with the animation studio that bid for the project with the cheapest price tag, and the reason that this studio is able to bid as low as they did, is because they outsource most of their work to yet another animation studio, in another country, who are willing to accept peanuts as payment. And so what the first studio does then, is basically to animate the important shots and/or clean up the crappy animation that they get from the second studio. And so the un-cleaned up version is this 'beta' that we got. Happens all the time in the current animation industry.

Sucks that such a low budget was given.

Also, it seems that they are going to "fix" the last two episode as well (from what I've been reading.) I don't see why they would even bother to release any episodes knowing how poorly done they are.. Hopefully they step it up from now on, especially after disappointing so many fans.
Jul 25, 2014 2:29 AM

May 2014
o-o that kiss thou. why betray aoba obachan? T-T
Jul 25, 2014 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
For those going on about the anime/game title not being accurate... it really isn't. It's an extremely obscure reference to something Toue says in only one route ("I have found a way to dramatically murder someone." <~ Paraphrasing a bit, because I can't remember the exact line, but you get the idea). I guess they had the game script all done and then were like, "...well, what are we even going to call this game????" and then someone went, "Oh, hey, Toue says this thing, why don't we base the title on that? It sounds cool."

YumeHunter said:
Dramatical Murder more like Animation Murder

They are dramatically murdering all the fans with the animation derps. Haha.

rollinbull23 said:

...you do realize that it is accurate to the game, and his character, right? The kiss and the way he treats it so flipantly is actually really telling to his character. It didn't mean a single thing to him.
Jul 25, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2011
namae-no-nai-uta said:
For those going on about the anime/game title not being accurate... it really isn't. It's an extremely obscure reference to something Toue says in only one route ("I have found a way to dramatically murder someone." <~ Paraphrasing a bit, because I can't remember the exact line, but you get the idea). I guess they had the game script all done and then were like, "...well, what are we even going to call this game????" and then someone went, "Oh, hey, Toue says this thing, why don't we base the title on that? It sounds cool."

YumeHunter said:
Dramatical Murder more like Animation Murder

rollinbull23 said:

...you do realize that it is accurate to the game, and his character, right? The kiss and the way he treats it so flipantly is actually really telling to his character. It didn't mean a single thing to him.

With DMMd is like with Ratatouille, where the title means a meal which is prepared only one time at the end of the movie. For me it's somewhat interesting, because this way the ordinary words"how to dramatically murder someone" are more visible and mean something more.

I've finished playing DMMd but I still don't know why the hell Noiz kissed Aoba in this one moment. Can someone explain?
Jul 25, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
Miyoshi997 said:
namae-no-nai-uta said:

With DMMd is like with Ratatouille, where the title means a meal which is prepared only one time at the end of the movie. For me it's somewhat interesting, because this way the ordinary words"how to dramatically murder someone" are more visible and mean something more.

I've finished playing DMMd but I still don't know why the hell Noiz kissed Aoba in this one moment. Can someone explain?

Pretty sure it's because Aoba was freaking out about Noiz kissing Mio's hand. He was proving a point that, at least to him, kissing doesn't mean jack-shit. He just doesn't understand things like that, because he spent most of his life alone, locked away from the love of family. He wasn't given a chance to learn to get around his disability, and thus he's emotionally stunted, and thinks a lot of things that we take for granted, like physical affection, are just a means to an end.

To Noiz, someone who acts like they give a damn about him obviously want something. They are just trying to get close to him in order to get what they want. He doesn't really have a lot of physical feeling. Pressure is about as much as he gets. It's part of the reason he's got all those piercings and why he plays Rhyme. With the piercings, it was an attempt at feeling pain. With Rhyme, he gets to feel a mockery of sensation.
Jul 25, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2011
namae-no-nai-uta said:
Miyoshi997 said:

Pretty sure it's because Aoba was freaking out about Noiz kissing Mio's hand. He was proving a point that, at least to him, kissing doesn't mean jack-shit. He just doesn't understand things like that, because he spent most of his life alone, locked away from the love of family. He wasn't given a chance to learn to get around his disability, and thus he's emotionally stunted, and thinks a lot of things that we take for granted, like physical affection, are just a means to an end.

To Noiz, someone who acts like they give a damn about him obviously want something. They are just trying to get close to him in order to get what they want. He doesn't really have a lot of physical feeling. Pressure is about as much as he gets. It's part of the reason he's got all those piercings and why he plays Rhyme. With the piercings, it was an attempt at feeling pain. With Rhyme, he gets to feel a mockery of sensation.

Oooh, now it makes sense. Thank you!
Jul 25, 2014 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
Luren said:

Ooooh, so that's how it is. I was always wondering about that. Thanks for clarifying!
Jul 25, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2014
Bet all the Noiz fangirls went droolin' when he kissed Aoba. I think I prefer Clear though.

Damn, the animation was definitely off in this episode. And this comes from someone who isn't that picky with animation quality.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 26, 2014 11:04 AM

Oct 2010
Can anyone post a link to the remake episode? Please? Thank you :)
Jul 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2011
I just watched the remake episode. There were still a few awkwardly animated scenes specially on far away shots, but for close-ups and everything else the episode did improve. Overall it looked way better than the beta version. Good job to the animators i guess.
Jul 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
Does anyone know where to find the remake episode?
Thank you <3
[center]
Jul 26, 2014 11:15 AM

Mar 2011
OrchidStarfire said:

TinyTashii said:
Thank you <3

It's here.
Jul 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2009
I guess it's only playable in Japan?
Is it subbed? Thank you anyway though :D
[center]
Jul 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
onoda said:
OrchidStarfire said:

TinyTashii said:
Thank you <3

It's here.

Aww man, it doesn't work because I'm not in Japan x__x Complains about region...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.