Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
I'm happy Touka beated the s*** out of Kaneki, to be honest. But, there's something about this episode that didn't make sense to me, I don't know.

P.S.: I was dying to see Amon animated and god it was glorious he's even cuter.
Jul 10, 2014 1:23 PM
May 2014
the censor is too strong
Jul 10, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
can someone explain why kaneki screamed before the op started playing? the black screen censoring....
Jul 10, 2014 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed this one alot more than the first ep...maybe because it stayed true to the manga, still fast pace but yeah, love the OP and ED especially that art in the ED.
The animation was a bit lazy still,
About the censorship, where Kaneki fights Nishiki, it was a two way street for me,

4/5

Jul 10, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
orchidork said:
can someone explain why kaneki screamed before the op started playing? the black screen censoring....

Someone said Touka threw the dead guy's head in his lap...lol

Apr 2010
orchidork said:

He's afraid of the dark.

Apr 2014
Salamandro said:
InTheOtherWorld said:
One thing I don't like about this anime, I must point out, is that everything is awfully over dramatic... I wish they'd tone it down a little. :(

But man, I love the way Hide ran up behind Kaneki. It was so random. XD

And Kaneki is pretty cute. The mask I see him in sometimes makes him look really cool. And with white hair, he looks so much cooler! (I'm sorry, I've got a thing for cute white haired guys...)

The censors, oh my the censors!

That scene at the end was somewhat out of place... But Kaneki just looked so cute in it, with those simple little dots for eyes... Especially from a distance!! X3

But still, from the opening it looks like some kind of love triangle between Toka, Kaneki and Rize. I'm sorry man, but I hope that doesn't become some kind of main aspect. I am not here for a romance with a girl like Toka, I just can't stand it when MCs get a love interest with those kind of girls...

Theres no love triangle, love is hardly a focus of the series its hinted at and it exists but its subtle.

Thank god. It really did look like there was going to be some kind of serious thing between Toka and Kaneki to me. Nevertheless, I still don't like her. There are so many characters like her already in the anime industry, it's really rather dull. I don't like all the emphasis on her in the OP.
Jul 10, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
The opening is amazing, being one of my favorites <3 But the spoiler haha
And that censoring, what was that...
Jul 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2010
Annoying -____-
I hate censorship.
Jul 10, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
I liked the episode but like most people the censoring was really annoying, I think I might put this on hold and wait till the series finishes before I watch the rest. I think it might be more enjoyable that way.
Jul 10, 2014 1:41 PM

Feb 2012
Is someone chopping onions near the mc constantly? cry moar
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2013
That censoring is really awful... If just "that" is censured like that, I can't imagine how will be censured the rest...

2 episodes/1 tome ... That rush, I think really that I will drop before the end, the manga is so better
Jul 10, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
Another awesome episode. I absolutely adore hearing Kana Hanazawa be creepy and the fight scene was badass.
Jul 10, 2014 1:52 PM

Dec 2011
Think i'll be putting this one on hold until BR/uncensored version comes along. This is just a bit too excessive.
Jul 10, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
orchidork said:

Well in the manga this happens.
Z4KJul 10, 2014 2:04 PM
Jul 10, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
that censorship..... close to just waiting for the uncensored br. i can live with censorship but this was too much. cannot even imagine what they will do with the rest of the series. never read the manga but if they heavily censor a torn apart dead body and a guy getting pierced multiple times so much .......

i guess the rest will turn into an audio drama

other than that it was good
Jul 10, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2013
InTheOtherWorld said:
But still, from the opening it looks like some kind of love triangle between Toka, Kaneki and Rize. I'm sorry man, but I hope that doesn't become some kind of main aspect. I am not here for a romance with a girl like Toka, I just can't stand it when MCs get a love interest with those kind of girls...

You do realize that Rize is dead right? Also, I'd hardly expect the MC to have any affectionate feelings for her considering she tried to eat him. The censoring is bullshit but I don't think I can hold myself to wait for the uncensored because the MC looks badass in the OP and I want to see how he gets to that point. Toka is pretty cute and interesting too.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
I wasn't impressed by the fight scene. There was no reason to change the color and make that guy keep screaming, "I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying". Some of the acting was over the top. The screen turned black for a couple of seconds.
Jul 10, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
sullynathan said:
I wasn't impressed by the fight scene. There was no reason to change the color and make that guy keep screaming, "I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying". Some of the acting was over the top. The screen turned black for a couple of seconds.

Screen turned black? You mean the censoring lol
Jul 10, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Aside from the censoring (which was just plain awful), a great episode.

His struggle was pretty well done and I liked Rize's appearance and how she tried tempting him. I cannot really remember Kaneki already seeing Rize at that point in the manga, so if that was anime original, I really liked that decision.
Fight scene was brief but alright if not for the censoring, although luckily not as bad as during the first few minutes of the episode :S.

I loved the OP. White-haired Kaneki looks badass! ED was also quite good thanks to those nice artworks.

They did quite a good job on this one so far. Just the censoring could be toned down a little, especially when it results in black screens.
JoekstarJul 10, 2014 2:11 PM
Jul 10, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
Man this series is fucking amazing the whole episode was just awesome and man that opening is epic as fuck 5/5. Hopefully the entire anime is this good. I'm looking forward to giving this anime my first 10 :D
Jul 10, 2014 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
I really don't like that censorship. I hope it doesn't show up every single time someone dies or gets injured really badly or is feeding.
Jul 10, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Just saying but you can invert the color with VLC media player during the fight scene to make it look like this
http://i.imgur.com/O9NTZWE.jpg
Jul 10, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2014
Still rushing, just establishing everything, and having a "gory" fight. Very mature, very psychological indeed.
Naah, it really feels like a dark battle shounen with all this talk of friendship and even using flashbacks. There's just no time to establish and go deep into Kaneki's psyche, like at all. And ofc the blood and gore everyone's craving for is censored all over.

3/5 - Fine as an action flick, but damn the characters have no room to be established for effective drama.
Jul 10, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
Funamitaion did this censoring with danganronpa but i dont really mind it
Jul 10, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2014
BeatzMe said:
Aside from the censoring (which was just plain awful), a great episode.

His struggle was pretty well done and I liked Rize's appearance and how she tried tempting him. I cannot really remember Kaneki already seeing Rize at that point in the manga, so if that was anime original, I really liked that decision.

Well, in manga he heard some voices and in anime they chose to assign them to Rize, which worked out quite well I think.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 10, 2014 2:24 PM
May 2014
Pretty bad censoring, this episode seemed a little rushed. They skipped some stuff from the manga but it's still ok. 3/5 it was ok.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 10, 2014 2:30 PM
Oct 2012
Well I didn't see the problem with the censoring until that scene at the start, you couldn't even see what was going on. Lol.
Oh and I totally thought they'd try make Touka more sympathetic and nicer from the start but no we see her throwing him around and punching him. Yet despite being more violent she had less expression in her face from the manga...
I don't like this thing with Rize, it's not nessesary. Again, it feels like they are just putting her in to satisfy people that like her. I bet this will get an anime original ending.

Nishiki looks like he just died..
Jul 10, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
Z4k said:
Just saying but you can invert the color with VLC media player during the fight scene to make it look like this
http://i.imgur.com/O9NTZWE.jpg
wow that is amazing, it looks like what it should of been originally. Teach us how to do that
Jul 10, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2014
Coralira said:
Well I didn't see the problem with the censoring until that scene at the start, you couldn't even see what was going on. Lol.
Oh and I totally thought they'd try make Touka more sympathetic and nicer from the start but no we see her throwing him around and punching him. Yet despite being more violent she had less expression in her face from the manga...
I don't like this thing with Rize, it's not nessesary. Again, it feels like they are just putting her in to satisfy people that like her. I bet this will get an anime original ending.

If they didn't put her there, with all that censorship, you would have audio drama.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 10, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
This is sooo boring... i've seen this kind of stories several times and this doesn't even try to be good, i tried to give it a chance but i couldn't prevent yawning... i will give next episode last chance because maybe it will get better, i hope.
Jul 10, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2013
Haven't watch the episode yet, but since people are saying they adopted 4 chapters in this episode. I'll have to say that confirms that this series will be one cour. I doubt they will adopt all the current chapters, and the arc is not even finish for the latest chapters so yea. This series is either 13 or 12 episodes. It also looks like the censoring was over 9000!
Jul 10, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2014
i don't like the animation for the opening its so simple. the censoring was awful i had to read the manga to know what was happening and those invert colors ruined the fight for me. yet it was still a good eps 4/5
Jul 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
Didn't like that censoring.
Rize appears a lot more in this than the manga, which is good.
Jul 10, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
Does anyone know who did the ED artwork?

I like all of the characters so far
Jul 10, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2011
Way too much censoring in this ep.

But i did enjoy the OP+ED
Jul 10, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
They changed it a bit compared to the manga, but I quite like seeing Rize trolling him already :)

Good episode.
Jul 10, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2013
i love the opening, it really reminds me the first opening from psycho pass
good episode, i thought he had eaten his friend's arm xD
Jul 10, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2012
Urek said:
well... another 4-5 episodes... i guess i gotta get ready for only 1 cour >_>

also, dat awkward ensoring again <_<

but dat spoiler in opening *-*

also, DAT ANIME ADDED MATERIAL MAKING IT ALL MORE EPIC *_*

How slow you want them to be? It will be more than 1 cour, for sure. But they have to make it watchable, as Anime are usually are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
Damn Japan and damn censors!

Like with what most people said, no censoring = greatest
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fine booty
Jul 10, 2014 3:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode would of been amazing if not for all the censoring

God I hate Funimation -_-

Either way I liked everything that happened in this episode
Jul 10, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Anyone notice his friend was awake at the hospital? He opened his eyes after they left, with a smile.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jul 10, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2009
It's a decent adaption at best. That's what happens when you cover 4+ chapters an episode. Rize appearing before him is WAY too early, they should have never done it. Also, they made it seem like Hide was listening to their entire conversation, which is not the case. He only woke up when they were talking about Ken's new Job there at the shop. Hide does not know Ken is a Ghoul.

With 133 Chapters out so far, it's a 2 cour at the very minimum.

Anyways, the manga is far better. If you can set aside the "Eating Humans" element, then it becomes very enjoyable. The Manga gets extremely Epic.
ToilgameshJul 10, 2014 3:49 PM
Jul 10, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2013
Great episode, was getting a Deadman Wonderland vibe from this c:
Jul 10, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2013
Great episode, was getting a Deadman Wonderland vibe from this c:
Jul 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
Too bad for the censoring but I can deal with it.
Anyway, pretty good episode. And I totally dig the OP.

12 eps though :/
Jul 10, 2014 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
Man, censoring doesn't usually get to me but this ep just annoyed me so much with it >_<.

Other than that I really enjoyed it. Was not expecting Rize to show up already. Really, really hoping they don't go through the manga too quickly. There is so much potential.
Jul 10, 2014 3:44 PM

Dec 2011
So you're a human... not a monster like them... suuuuure...

Oh great, censoring... only like 90% of the screen this time... meh...

Poor Kaneki... not being able to eat what he likes anymore T.T

Yeah Kaneki, you need to eat, Hide will taste really good XD.

Nishio was doing some really important things there Hide!

LOL, Hide got sent flying XD.

YEAH!!! Good job Kaneki for kicking Nishio's ass and stabbing him a million times over and whatnot lol.

Hunger has made Kaneki go mad...

Hmmm... so Hide was actually awake or did he wake up right then?

Another good episode even this time around.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 10, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, except for the censoring.
Interesting negative color scheme during the fight.
Jul 10, 2014 3:50 PM
Sep 2013
I'm enjoying this more each episode. Go Kaneki owned that jerk to bad he keeps getting trolled by Rize. The Opening and Ending are good. I really enjoy the opening its unique.

...Dont mind the censoring though I dont get what happened at the beginning.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.