Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:
I personally wish more shows would go on hiatus when they catch up/get close to the manga. It's a lot better than over-padding and filler, imo.
I had personally always hoped that One Piece would have taken the new Sailor Moon approach (one ep. per two weeks).

Although marathoning works wonders, I'd want to see how that would affect the quality.
Jul 9, 2014 1:29 AM

Mar 2014
It's funny that the Chairman Election arc begin at the same day with presidential election in my country :P

Rore said:
I hate Pariston here and in the manga, he has an asshole character.

But i'm very exciting to 138 ^,^

How can someone hate Pariston? He's awesome! :P
Well, personally I like asshole/trolling kind of character though.
Jul 9, 2014 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
at first the zodiacs were being introduced as they were having the meeting a second after the episode has ended.. wtf? *sigh*
Jul 9, 2014 2:36 AM

May 2007
Love Megumi Han's "short-tempered" voice for Cluck. Yet another dimension for her already-outstanding voice acting.
Jul 9, 2014 2:59 AM

Mar 2012
The old Hisoka voice actor is doing fine job as Partison.
Jul 9, 2014 3:04 AM

Mar 2014
CheezWhizLuis said:
Love Megumi Han's "short-tempered" voice for Cluck. Yet another dimension for her already-outstanding voice acting.

Eh? Is that really Megumi Han? Because I'm sure as hell it was HanaKana's voice
Jul 9, 2014 3:28 AM

Jun 2013
LLawlied said:
CheezWhizLuis said:

Eh? Is that really Megumi Han? Because I'm sure as hell it was HanaKana's voice

Yeah it's Megumi Han

Atleast now there won't be a huge fight of opinions about Alluka's gender since they stated it in the anime that he's a boy. But I guess people will be still confused because
Raina-Jul 9, 2014 3:32 AM
Jul 9, 2014 3:49 AM
Mar 2014
ughş.ı can tell ı'll hate alot of those zodıacs
Jul 9, 2014 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
Nice new op sequence, not really spoiling a lot.

CAN WE JUST MAKE ALLUKA A GIRL? OH GOD. Her character design is a girl but... sigh. Maayan voicing her, I won't accept her being a trap.

Can't wait for more Hisoka this arc.
Jul 9, 2014 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
guyuz said:
TripleSRank said:

I personally wish more shows would go on hiatus when they catch up/get close to the manga. It's a lot better than over-padding and filler, imo.

what's the difference? you can just not watch fillers if you don't like them

I'm a bit of a completionist, so I usually don't skip fillers unless they're recaps, and even then I sometimes still watch them. So if the show is overloaded with filler, I'm not going to like it. It degrades the overall quality of the show too.

GalekC said:
TripleSRank said:
I had personally always hoped that One Piece would have taken the new Sailor Moon approach (one ep. per two weeks).

Although marathoning works wonders, I'd want to see how that would affect the quality.

I marathoned One Piece into the beginning of Dressrosa. I didn't like Rainbow Mist, so I was glad to marathon through that. I don't think I would have made it through Fishman Island or Punk Hazard on a weekly basis either. That being said, I'll probably put the series on hold after Dressrosa is finished up. The pacing is killing me. xD

Padding and filler can be done well. Padding can turn into an expansion of the original material rather than a dragging-out of it, and filler can be interesting. Generally, though, it's not good, so I'm happy to hear they'll just be putting this on hiatus.

A bit off topic, but I like that this mangaka isn't afraid to "break the rules" by taking breaks when he wants. No point in overworking yourself and making a lesser-quality story, no? I guess that's a highly opinionated subject, though. ^-^;
Jul 9, 2014 4:59 AM

May 2014
arrrgh, am i the only one that don't like the colors in some zodiac?i mean green in dog?yellow and blond in pariston???
Pariston was supposed to have pink i guess..
Jul 9, 2014 5:06 AM
Nov 2009
1999 Hisoka's voice for Pariston is so damn perfect for that character.

And I also love Hisoka and his voguing stance.
Jul 9, 2014 5:09 AM
Oct 2011
jreginald said:
Candor said:
Will they ever animate how Hisoka met Chrollo with the troupe while the whole chimera ant fuss was going? I'm starting to think they won't.

Did that ever happen in the manga? If so, link to chapter(s) please.

Checked again, It was a troll chapter, not linked to the main story and not available on all mangareaders. I'm not even sure Togashi made it or it was a composite of multiple chapters with different text.
Jul 9, 2014 5:14 AM

Jul 2010
nameskizo said:
1999 Hisoka's voice for Pariston is so damn perfect for that character.

My thoughts exactly.

I can't get used to Cheadle being green.
Jul 9, 2014 5:25 AM

May 2012
OMG!!! It's been a while since I saw Hisoka OMG OMG Episode 137 was epic :D Ging was funny and cool! Pariston was also funny but scary... Shocks. Too much excitement might kill me :))))
Jul 9, 2014 5:59 AM

Jun 2014
sheidesu said:
OMG!!! It's been a while since I saw Hisoka OMG OMG Episode 137 was epic :D Ging was funny and cool! Pariston was also funny but scary... Shocks. Too much excitement might kill me :))))

This. Oh and I wonder what hisoka would rate gon and killua and who would get more points from him, that would be interesting
Rukz16Jul 9, 2014 6:13 AM
Jul 9, 2014 6:28 AM

Dec 2012
TripleSRank said:

For some weird reason, studios don't like losing money and popularity.
Jul 9, 2014 7:40 AM

May 2014
Why the HELL is everyone bitching about the OP and ED??!!! Madhouse has delivered time and time again and now they get scold for leaving the old op -_- ??!!! .... grow up people, the only thing that maters is whats "between" the OP and ED (and the OSTs of course :3), having said that, the Op and ED are really catchy, i don't see any reason to change them and tbh i'm just glad HXH did NOT go on hiatus.
the VA actors are perfect, this arcs theme is nice after the climatic/bloody/tipping point CA arc, the mangaka is 'really talented' in story telling, the animators are equally talented as well ...... i hope this anime goes on for ever :P
Jul 9, 2014 8:01 AM
May 2014
huh, didn't know Dwun and List were Hunters, just thought Ging recruited(read: suckered) them into making a game
Jul 9, 2014 8:02 AM
Oct 2011
A better hxh new op fitting of the arc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYdmorFu9A0
Jul 9, 2014 8:56 AM

May 2014
the funny thing is that some chimera ants look more "human" then the Zodiacs :P
Jul 9, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2014
tsudecimo said:
TripleSRank said:

Aren't fillers a waste of money AND reputation??! o.O
I actually thought it was going on hiatus after this arc, but i'm guessing the hiatus is gonna be after it, since i red somewhere that this arc is short, the good news is that 2 animated arcs in a row=they have money and hopefully will animate HxH to the biter end :D
ZA_WAYDJul 9, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2012
Woah, it's like a really big reunion there. Can't wait to see Leorio's scene.
Keep moving forward
Jul 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Dec 2012
WAD1992 said:
tsudecimo said:

No. Filler episodes still get ratings, and depending on the popularity of the anime, it can get high ratings, thus money.

In HxH (2011) it's not likely for madhouse to do filler, because there is not enough manga material, and Togashi is unpredictable, so they can't count on him releasing enough chapters to adapt, so the hiatus of the anime, is the most likely decision.
Jul 9, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
GenT-san said:
Woah, it's like a really big reunion there. Can't wait to see Leorio's scene.

Pretty much. They included virtually every hunter shown in the series thus far many of which most viewers wouldn't remember or notice unless they were paying a lot of attention.
Jul 9, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2009
Woah new OP&ED, can't get enough of em! The OP itself is just screaming hype all over.

Also Hisoka is back, can't wait to see him in action, hopefully.

Jul 9, 2014 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
It's good to have Hisoka and Illumi back, I still wanted to know if he managed to find Chrollo and what happens next. Nice to see all the hunters back too.

The Zodiacs are OK so far, though I don't like Ging, reminds of Aizen and some of the worst moments in Death Note: very convoluted plan that we are supposed to take for genius inspiration.
Jul 9, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2010
I loved this episode :D (It's sometimes funny for me how the main character does not appear in series for several episodes) Well.. Ging was interesting. And Hisoka! Finally. But when I watched this episode I kinda had a feeling that Hisoka cares about Gon more than Ging does xDD In his wicked way of course, but still... xDD
Jul 9, 2014 10:37 AM

Feb 2014
SetsukoHara said:
It's good to have Hisoka and Illumi back, I still wanted to know if he managed to find Chrollo and what happens next. Nice to see all the hunters back too.

The Zodiacs are OK so far, though I don't like Ging, reminds of Aizen and some of the worst moments in Death Note: very convoluted plan that we are supposed to take for genius inspiration.

How is making it complex bad? It does seem pretty clever of him.

It seems that the slightest hint of a plan warrants dismissal as 'aizen', could you provide a more proper comparison? Ging's plan is quite well-constructed and sounds realistic.
And so was the plan in death note.
Jul 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Feb 2013
the new animation for op and ed were great!
i bet there's so much more to find out about the zodiac and they all look so amazing.
So many character coming back on screen, can't wait for Killua family time...

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Jul 9, 2014 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
Sosuno said:
I loved this episode :D (It's sometimes funny for me how the main character does not appear in series for several episodes) Well.. Ging was interesting. And Hisoka! Finally. But when I watched this episode I kinda had a feeling that Hisoka cares about Gon more than Ging does xDD In his wicked way of course, but still... xDD

What do you expect. Ging is bastard to the core, shittiest father figure.XD

Pariston jaw indeed a bit weird though.

The OP was great.
Jul 9, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
SetsukoHara said:

It seems that the slightest hint of a plan warrants dismissal as 'aizen', could you provide a more proper comparison? Ging's plan is quite well-constructed and sounds realistic.

What gives you the impression that the slightest hint of plan warrants dismissal as "Aizen", I don't recall I ever criticized a plan in HxH before.

Anyway, to be more specific, what I didn't like is how this plan heavily relies on some kind prescience (X will say this, Y will say that, we won't vote...) and characters acting in a stupid way. They agreed that a third party would draw the lots, but nobody suspected he might be corrupt? They are highly trained hunters, but none of them notice Beans cheating? At the end, nobody verifies the papers?

I don't think it's very well constructed. I think it worked because of plot, and people really intelligent wouldn't go with that kind of plan in the first place.
Jul 9, 2014 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
SetsukoHara said:
TonyTonyStark said:

What gives you the impression that the slightest hint of plan warrants dismissal as "Aizen", I don't recall I ever criticized a plan in HxH before.

Anyway, to be more specific, what I didn't like is how this plan heavily relies on some kind prescience (X will say this, Y will say that, we won't vote...) and characters acting in a stupid way. They agreed that a third party would draw the lots, but nobody suspected he might be corrupt? They are highly trained hunters, but none of them notice Beans cheating? At the end, nobody verifies the papers?

I don't think it's very well constructed. I think it worked because of plot, and people really intelligent wouldn't go with that kind of plan in the first place.

Understanding the psychology was not really far fetched.
The point is that he exactly threw them off so they would not question this. The fake 5th rule somewhat employed a reverse-psychology trick.

Why wouldn't they check? Because it was their idea to trust him and call him. Cheadle was the one who suggested it.
"Make them think it was their idea".

He didn't really specifically forsee what they'd say, I know I'd predict the same reaction: Dismissal. He did propose something absurd after all. Who wouldn't see that they'd say no?

If one can't judge nen by amount of aura, no one can quantify intelligence by position or reputation. And besides, there are many sides to intelligence. Him bypassing them in a sneaky way doesn't necessarily mean they are stupid. They simply weren't digging in the right places, of course because Ging mislead them.
Jul 9, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
SetsukoHara said:

Listen to what he says, "if my target moves just as I want them to... now that's a real hunt."

He expected the characters would "say this, do that" because he's known the Zodiacs for quite a while to the point that he's able to predict their decisions. He knew Pariston, being the rat he is (literally), would bring down the meeting to his pace. He was betting on Cheadle to propose a draw because Cheadle is the type that would do so. He even knew Cheadle would ignore Saiyu because they've probably done so in the past. This only tells us that Ging knows people, like a hunter would predict its prey's movements. It's not that the Zodiacs are dumb, they're Top Hunters, it's that Ging is very clever and perceptive.

Like Tony said, why would they suspect Beans of cheating when they asked Beans to be the third party in the first place? He made them think that it was their idea. Again, a hunter making his target move where he wants them to. He gave them the illusion of choice.

Ging even put the fifth plan knowing that they wouldn't agree with it -- because they don't like/trust Ging. He even used that to his advantage. Not only were Ging's first rules reasonable, he managed to win them over with his "act" of selflessness. He used reverse psychology on them, that's pretty genius.

The point of all this was to show us just how menacing a Hunter Ging can be. And it didn't have to be shown through raw power or his amount of aura. It was shown through a simple lot drawing. That is pretty genius of Togashi.
Jul 9, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
^^ wow. Nice.
Jul 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
Rukz16 said:

This. Oh and I wonder what hisoka would rate gon and killua and who would get more points from him, that would be interesting

I was actually wondering how high he will judge Ging haha
Jul 9, 2014 3:19 PM

Feb 2008
Am I the only one who is happy about Madhouse's choice to keep the same ED song ? I love Hyori Itai it's one of my favorite songs.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jul 9, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2011
Love the new OP. The high contrast shadows make it very nice to look at.
I'm laughing so hard at the sparkles around Pariston.

I'm so excited for this arc!
Jul 9, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2013
DalPuri said:
Love the new OP. The high contrast shadows make it very nice to look at.
I'm laughing so hard at the sparkles around Pariston.
Yeah, and I think MH put the most work into this one out of all.
Jul 9, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
Every moment of that episode was delicious. This arc's already off to a great start!

Can't get enough of Hisoka! xD
Jul 9, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
WAD1992 said:

No. Filler episodes still get ratings, and depending on the popularity of the anime, it can get high ratings, thus money.

In HxH (2011) it's not likely for madhouse to do filler, because there is not enough manga material, and Togashi is unpredictable, so they can't count on him releasing enough chapters to adapt, so the hiatus of the anime, is the most likely decision.

Like I said, filler/padding can be done well. I was speaking generally. Bad filler and padding can hurt the reputation and sales of a series.

Speaking of the manga, though, is Togashi currently working on the next arc, or is he on hiatus?
Jul 9, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2009
TripleSRank said:

Speaking of the manga, though, is Togashi currently working on the next arc, or is he on hiatus?

He's working on it. It's pretty solid stuff so far, a hell of a lot of potential. But, you never really know when he'll go on a hiatus.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 9, 2014 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
LOVE the new opening animation! I don't mind that they didn't change the actual song for the ending, but I wish it just wasn't a still of them standing there. The picture at the very ending makes me remember all the good memories from this series though. <3

Also, Leorio being such a bad-ass in the opening. Woo!
Jul 9, 2014 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
Illumi's last line im guessing he wants to kill Alluka?seems strange of a Zoldyck

im under the assumption that it will be explained in the episodes to come
Jul 10, 2014 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
@TonyTonyStark and jreginald

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MellowJelloJul 10, 2014 2:21 PM
Jul 10, 2014 4:37 AM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
@TonyTonyStark and jreginald

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MellowJelloJul 10, 2014 2:22 PM
Jul 10, 2014 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
Ging said to Beans that he will look to the floor if the plan failed and so Beans will burn the paper.
Jul 10, 2014 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Hisoka again ! :)
Another Zoldyck?
I love this arc alrdy.
Jul 10, 2014 6:48 AM
Mar 2009
The whole new OP is gorgeous, timing and animation and everything. So many little tidbits to pick up on that I just had to rewatch it several times. Looks like we won't be seeing much Gon in this arc, instead it's Killua's mysterious little bro.
Jul 10, 2014 7:49 AM

Jul 2013
Just in case, on the net I saw a lot of people who forget that, but there always been 5 children in the Zoldyck family, chapter 39:
http://i3.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/39/hunter-x-hunter-324033.jpg

In the anime, there is also that during the old Zoldyck arc:
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120318043242/hunterxhunter/images/thumb/d/d4/Zoldyck_Family.PNG/270px-Zoldyck_Family.PNG

And we already saw this picture during Feitan vs Zazan:
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121010191327/hunterxhunter/images/thumb/2/20/Zoldyck_sons_-_anime.jpg/260px-Zoldyck_sons_-_anime.jpg
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.