Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 11, 2009 12:38 PM
Apr 2008
OMFGWTFBBQ RIZA!
Oct 11, 2009 1:20 PM

Nov 2008
Riza noooo!!!

Lol @ black homonculi being pregnant with Hohenheim.
Oct 11, 2009 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
Traveller said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT RIZA!

If she dies then no one can stop Roy from going into berserk mode. :O

...I'd actually like her being killed just so we could see Mustang's curb stomp battle with those who killed her. Damn, just imagine.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 11, 2009 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
Dammit it I've been thinking about this all day.... *sigh*
Hawkeye is one of the only 5 female characters I truly love >__<

What's the point of killing her though? Roy knows opening the gate won't bring her back to life.. he won't have anything to lose (except his own life..). it would make more sense if they threaten to kill her so he would open the door... so maybe they just gave him a little warning and didn't cut her fatally.. I hope. D:
Oct 11, 2009 3:21 PM

Apr 2009
im way too speechless rite now... that wuz amazing...

Ling wuz AMAZING! and when Lan Fan's tears dropped on his face i nearly had a heart attack

Buccaneer... DNT DIE!!!! omg his last words were rly were amazing ;_;

Ed's "WTF!?" face the whole time made my day xD

i seriously swore out loud (my whole house heard it >>;) when i read the last page, i hope Roy ends up doin some crazy shit next chapter
i dnt want Riza to die!!!... but she most likely did.... shit ;_;
Oct 11, 2009 4:49 PM
Oct 2009
Without Riza there is no Roy; without Roy there is no Riza. Sry, I just wanted to post that. Like everyone else, I wanna see what Roy would do if Riza died, but I hope Riza doesn't die but Roy thinks she's dead. She can't die, she she just can't. She's my favorite female character! And at least they didn't cut off her head, then she'd be...NOOOO *crys*
Also, Ling kicked so much ass! But, there have been so much deaths. :O
Oct 11, 2009 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
FMA never fails to amaze me. Yet another amazing chapter, Greed was badass. Wrath obviously is still alive, but I was a little disappointed Hohenheim seems defeated, I hope he still comes back. and NOO NOT RIZA!

How will Mustang react? That truly is a great cliff hanger.
Oct 11, 2009 7:32 PM

Sep 2009
Again Wrath is still unbeatable. I thought 'Hmm maybe this is the end?' but then he sees a way out....when it lacks complete closure you know they're just gonna come back.
Riza can't die...there's still that wacky thing on her back.
Oct 11, 2009 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
Moimy said:
Again Wrath is still unbeatable. I thought 'Hmm maybe this is the end?' but then he sees a way out....when it lacks complete closure you know they're just gonna come back.
Riza can't die...there's still that wacky thing on her back.

For some reason I'm beginning to wonder how he *can* die. XP

And isn't Pride still around somewhere too? That kid's not easy to beat either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2009 8:24 PM

Oct 2008
I think I might cry now. *sob* *sob*
Oct 11, 2009 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
Love Greed <33 Very awesome in this chapter.

Obligatory: OMG RIZA! D:
That was a really mean cliffhanger...
Oct 11, 2009 10:38 PM
Mar 2009
yeah cant believe the old guy just takes down hawkeye with one of those soldiers that can die hope Roy does not perform the human transmutation loved the greed part hope hawkeye is still alive
Oct 12, 2009 4:17 AM
Feb 2009
>.< cant make a proper sentence now.....

maybe this will explain how i feel....
almost every1 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 12, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2009
I had a feeling that one of the main chapters would die. And now I think this wouldn't be Riza. That will be too predictable.
Oct 12, 2009 7:46 AM

Apr 2009
happyplace said:
Without Riza there is no Roy; without Roy there is no Riza.

totally agree with that, very sad, but me and my friends all agreed that if one went, the other would most likely go too =C
Oct 12, 2009 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Godammit they're just killing off my fav chars?
I wonder what Olivier(sp? sorry I read non-english version) would say...
Poor Ling :( *hug

Al....maybe Al's soul went back to his body?

SHit, they really aren't kidding around, that old geezer...Riza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to make the 100th chapter an epic cliffhanger!!!!
*rolls on the ground in anticipation

Oct 12, 2009 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
If there was ever a time that I wished that FMA was weekly, THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!!!.
This is the best cliffhanger I've ever come across in any of the manga I've read.

Also, Riza is NOT DEAD YET. The whole point of what the scientist did was that since Roy knows it's pointless to perform Human Transmutation on a dead person as it won't save anyone, he fatally injured Riza so that Roy performs Human Transmutation on her to save her life & fix her injury.
The question is "Will he be able to successfully do it in time? And what toll will he pay?"

Also the Ling v/s Bradley match up is the best yet as:
1) Both are humans, who were made into homunculi.
2) While Bradley's soul has lost it's sense of self & is unaware whether he is the original soul of the body or just another soul from the stone, Both Ling & Greed are distinctly aware of their identities & are working together.
3) Ling shows the true combined power of a human & a homunculus.

Sadly though, The Ultimate Sheild only makes him invulnerable & not his allies, leading him to experience the same grief that Greed did (Though in Ling's case, the magnitude is greater).

While Ling/Greed is putting everything he has into protecting the Gate, his efforts are wasted as Bradley's already found another way in. Probably means that charachters like the Armstrong Siblings are gonna die.

In the meanwhile, "Where is Pride/Gluttony/Crimson Alchemist?"
Isn't he the strongest homunculus now that he has absorbed Glutonny & an Alchemist, which makes him an homunculus who can use Alchemy?
Guess he is a mini-FATHER now.

By the way things look inside "THE GATE", I think Al's soul has been pulled into his body & it'll probably be up to Ed to pull his body out. Father'll probably help him as he too needs Al to be alive till he is offered as a sacrifice.

OOOOOOOH....... So many things to wait for & Sooooooooooooooooo little patience.
Oct 12, 2009 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
Sooooo good! can't wait til next week. I thought that maybe the series would run for an even 100 chapters, and I'm happy that that wasn't the case.
Oct 12, 2009 6:55 PM

Nov 2008
Traveller said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT RIZA!

If she dies then no one can stop Roy from going into berserk mode. :O

tch we have to wait a whole month until the next chapter.

well I cant really say much more then you did.. other then she better not die ... sigh

A month long cliff hanger with AL father Furher Ed Izumi especially Riza and Roy - Really I was disappointed that the Furher isn't dead .. he should be dead with that battle we still have pride to deal with sigh

Bradley gets plot hole "I survived"
sirwenceOct 12, 2009 7:17 PM
Oct 12, 2009 7:32 PM

Sep 2008
Does Bradley need to be killed multiple times to die for good, like the other homunculi? I understand he is a bit different from the others, since he was a regular person made into a homunculus (he ages, for example...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2009 11:19 AM

Sep 2008
ARGESER;KSTRHJRSR NO! RIZA CAN'T DIE!
I mean, there's only one thing that I need to say about this chapter but that would involve some major caps lock to get my point across so I'll refrain.
Oct 13, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2009
Wow! Greed put on a show this chapter and the ending with Hawkeye...WOW! Again a great chapter, wondering if we'll get to see a human Al in the upcoming chapters? Here's hoping...

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Oct 13, 2009 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
RIZA! arg!
Oct 13, 2009 7:37 PM

Aug 2007
Fumfum said:
AND OMG
I was shaking while reading it. xDD

LMAO I thought I was the only one who did this. XD

omg Riza. This is insane. I can't really see anything good happening from Roy performing human transmutation on Riza. Unless it ends with a tearful moment and some fluffy scenes between them (doubtful).

Ling is so amazingly awesome. It was so sad to see him helpless with everyone dying around him. And whoa, I almost thought than Lan Fan was shot instead of him, lol. I hope they both survive this, but for some reason I got a very foreboding feeling seeing him defend that gate. :S

SO SCARED.
Oct 13, 2009 11:30 PM

Apr 2009
bwahahachick said:
Ling is so amazingly awesome. It was so sad to see him helpless with everyone dying around him. And whoa, I almost thought than Lan Fan was shot instead of him, lol. I hope they both survive this, but for some reason I got a very foreboding feeling seeing him defend that gate. :S

SO SCARED.

If he dies, it's gonna be the saddest thing since Wolf's Rain and Zero Requiem.
My signature and avatar will be black for a month, seriously xD

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 14, 2009 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
Totally random prediction:
Hawkeye dies, but in the end she'll somehow be brought back as the next Lust (similar to Ling becoming the next Greed). Crazy possibility maybe?
I just don't think Roy is going to turn weepy and bow down to scientist dude's requests. Roy's going to burn a LOT of Bradley rejects next chapter, I'm thinking. He's got nothing left to lose now.
Oct 14, 2009 12:33 AM

Apr 2009
Cho said:
I just don't think Roy is going to turn weepy and bow down to scientist dude's requests. Roy's going to burn a LOT of Bradley rejects next chapter, I'm thinking. He's got nothing left to lose now.

Yeah, that would seriously be OOC for him... Next chapter: Roy turns berserk xD

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 14, 2009 4:48 AM

Sep 2008
no Riza!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

btw, Roy shouldn't open the gate, even they killed her.
they should take him where Ed is, he is also sacrifice.
Oct 14, 2009 12:06 PM

Feb 2009
OMG RIZA NUUUUH.

I was gaping at the last page. Hiromu what are you doing to my sanity ;_;
Oct 14, 2009 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
mc said:

I think they want to take him there but he'll have to open the gate first. May be this is some condition of theirs
Oct 14, 2009 9:44 PM

Dec 2007
don't want to see Roy all messed up, so I hope she won't die. Arakawa simply can't do it. even though we need someone to die here, it shouldn't be Riza.
and looks like Al has returned to his normal (I mean organic) body.
Oct 16, 2009 8:32 AM

Sep 2008
hJ said:
mc said:

I think they want to take him there but he'll have to open the gate first. May be this is some condition of theirs

hm, that may be true.
but I don't want him to open the gate.
Oct 16, 2009 11:19 AM

Apr 2007
omfg I CANT EVEN .. EMOTIONS STUFF!
Bradley vs Lin/Greed was just epic
And Roy being forced to take that choice....
GOD this is one good manga!

Oct 16, 2009 11:17 PM
Oct 2009
-blinks

W...What?!

How could this happen?! My darling Riza...why?!

Oh my lord, Roy Mustang, in all the heavens and how I bow down to the, please save my favorite character from this horrible demise.

-coughs-orturnherintothenextlust.lovetoseeherinadresslikethat-coughs-

But why Arakawa?! Why?!
Oct 18, 2009 12:07 PM
Sep 2009
astrodinosaur said:
-blinks

W...What?!

How could this happen?! My darling Riza...why?!

Oh my lord, Roy Mustang, in all the heavens and how I bow down to the, please save my favorite character from this horrible demise.

-coughs-orturnherintothenextlust.lovetoseeherinadresslikethat-coughs-

But why Arakawa?! Why?!

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME SICK SERIOUSLY.

It hasn't been confirmed if she's died or not.
OK.
Oct 24, 2009 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
Haruharu_chan365 said:
happyplace said:
Without Riza there is no Roy; without Roy there is no Riza.

totally agree with that, very sad, but me and my friends all agreed that if one went, the other would most likely go too =C

And without Roy or Riza, there is no Royai... And as they are one of my favourite pairings, that makes me very sad TT.TT

Thanks to Shiro-chan for scripting! ♥
Oct 28, 2009 11:50 AM

Sep 2008
PockyLoveLove said:
without Roy or Riza, there is no Royai...

yup, that's right.
and we have more place for RoyEd <3
Oct 28, 2009 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
mc said:
PockyLoveLove said:

yup, that's right.

L-lol...
But honestly, ANYTHING but Ed/Al. Anything.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Oct 31, 2009 11:01 PM

Feb 2009
I haven't read this chapter yet (I'm only 0n 88) but someone this evening at my friend's costume party blurted out a major, major MAJOR spoiler about this chapter and I'm still kind of pissed about it.

Sorry, just needed to vent....

Nov 1, 2009 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
ArnoldK said:
I haven't read this chapter yet (I'm only 0n 88) but someone this evening at my friend's costume party blurted out a major, major MAJOR spoiler about this chapter and I'm still kind of pissed about it.

Slap that mofo upside the head! D:<

*quotes something form the first page*
"Greed VS A fucking truck = +1000 points." <--THIS. EPIC. XD

I don't think Hawkeye would die, that's too straightforward and just not Arakawa's style. I'm sure she'll come up with another EPIC plottwist. :D Cuz those just kinda seem to come naturally to her. XD
I'm more worried about Al! I mean WTF IS GOING ON??!!!! *spasms*

All you need in life is a sick mind and someone to share it with.
Care to share?
Nov 2, 2009 9:09 AM

Sep 2008
Dakduif said:
I'm more worried about Al! I mean WTF IS GOING ON??!!!! *spasms*

he's in his original body, somewhere.
I think.
Nov 4, 2009 12:07 PM

Oct 2007
Evilincarnate said:
3) Ling shows the true combined power of a human & a homunculus.

That is being played out in parallel with Flask Boy vs. Hohenheim.

The wildcards are still Pride & Wrath. We know Pride's weakness: darkness. I don't think we've ever seen Selim or Bradley show the regenerative abilities of the other homo's (that's short for homonculus, you pervs), but does that mean they don't have them?
Nov 4, 2009 4:03 PM

Dec 2007
Cenedess said:
mc said:
PockyLoveLove said:

yup, that's right.

L-lol...
But honestly, ANYTHING but Ed/Al. Anything.

If Riza was to turn into Lust, that would just be kick ass... Though I unfortunately couldn't really see it happening. But who knows!

YES. No Ed/Al. NOT UP IN HUR.

Also, Ralonzo, I was wondering the same thing. I would assume they would, just because of the whole philosopher's stone being made out of human souls and all. But once again, who knows...

Nov 6, 2009 7:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Glad I caught up with my readings...and glad that I caught up just a few days before the next release.

Anyway, the past 15 chapters were simply pure awesomeness that cannot be described by simple terms....

And as everyone pointed out, that is one major cliffhanger there....a VERY good one I have seen since a long time....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 7, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
Holy s.hit....Riza!?!?!? NNNOOOO!!!!
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 3, 2009 9:28 AM

Feb 2009
ArnoldK said:

Well, I was finally caught up with this chapter, and I have to say that even being spoiled of the ending, it's still amazing.

I'm relieved that the fate of Riza is not as certain as the idiot who spoiled it made it out to be (He basically said, "Hawkeye dies") and while it doesn't look good for her, there's still some hope.

I gotta say, the last dozen chapters or so are pretty much just one moment of WIN after another...

Jan 27, 2010 7:26 PM

Jan 2010
R-riza? D:
</3
\
Aug 27, 2013 6:44 PM

Nov 2009
Holy crap! Did Liza just die? I kind of hope she didn't . . .

Anyways I would have thought they would have gotten a 5th person BEFORE starting all of this up.
Nov 14, 2015 8:15 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shit, their forcing Mustang to do the Human Transmutation. No Riza!!

6/5
Jun 18, 2019 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
This old man is creepy lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.