Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2009
People like me how didn't read the manga before watching the show will probably think Togashi is a very good artist.
sadly, you will likely be shocked of how poor the effort is in the manga.

I didn't know that the people in Madhouse did a lot more than just adapting the story.
It's on of these rare cases when an Anime out-beat its original work in every aspect with such a huge margin.

How is it that Togashi is fine with his hideous art? Is it the fact he works alone justify his case with the Jump editors?

He should really pay Madhouse for how good they recreated his work.
If they didn't adapt this, I think it will be difficult for me to dare to read the manga.
Jun 30, 2014 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
0Seru0 said:

How is it that Togashi is fine with his hideous art?

Cuz he gets money.

0Seru0 said:

If they didn't adapt this, I think it will be difficult for me to dare to read the manga.

I'm pretty sure, he doesn't give two shits if you and others like yourself didn't read his manga, he already has fans that like his story and characters.

Heck, chances are, he doesn't even watch the anime.
Jun 30, 2014 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Somewhere, I heard he thoroughly enjoys watching the anime adaptations of his work.

Anyway, the latest chapters have very detailed artwork. I think he finally caved & had some assistants with him this time around.
Jun 30, 2014 9:16 PM

Feb 2014
0Seru0 said:
People like me how didn't read the manga before watching the show will probably think Togashi is a very good artist.

I didn't know that the people in Madhouse did a lot more than just adapting the story.
It's on of these rare cases when an Anime out-beat its original work in every aspect with such a huge margin.

How is it that Togashi is fine with his hideous art? Is it the fact he works alone justify his case with the Jump editors?

Are you read it online??? Well don't complain too much about that because you read it for free.

The volume version have better art.
Jun 30, 2014 9:27 PM

Feb 2013
Hunter x Hunter is one of the few cases where the anime is better than the manga because of how good Madhouse did with it. When One Piece ends in 10 years I hope it gets the same treatment.
Jun 30, 2014 9:30 PM

Mar 2008
A_Fat_Man said:
Hunter x Hunter is one of the few cases where the anime is better than the manga because of how good Madhouse did with it. When One Piece ends in 10 years I hope it gets the same treatment.
Who's ready for One Piece: One Piece? Airing in 65 years from now!
Jun 30, 2014 9:30 PM

May 2011
Togashi is lazy, but when he wants... he does soooo good. Like the last chapters.

Jun 30, 2014 9:39 PM

Feb 2013
Ckan said:
A_Fat_Man said:
Who's ready for One Piece: One Piece? Airing in 65 years from now!

I'm ready for the sequel Two Piece to come out.
Jun 30, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
Eh, Togashi's art isn't anything amazing for the most part but the volume releases are pretty solid imo. It's been said before, but I agree with those who say he does really excellent facial expressions.

As far as the anime vs. the manga? I think both have their advantages, I like the Hunter Exam (particularly the 2nd phase) in the manga much more and that it has Kite in the story from the very beginning is much better than how they sort of shoehorned him into the story in the 2011 series at the start of Chimera Ant. However, I think the anime more than makes up for that by adding nice bits of characterization for characters like Colt and Welfin. And the stylistic choices, like using red shading when Pitou is doing her "interrogation" of Pokkle or how Gyro's flashback is handled.

I'm using Chimera Ant and Hunter Exam arcs because they are the anime arc adaptations that are most fresh in my mind, btw. It's been a while since I saw arcs like Yorknew or Heaven's Arena, so I can't say which versions I prefer.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 30, 2014 10:20 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2014 11:15 PM
Apr 2014
Wtf?
HxH manga is undoubtedly better than the anime.
If the anime is 10,the manga must be 100000.A great gap.
Jun 30, 2014 11:21 PM

Nov 2010
GalekC said:
Somewhere, I heard he thoroughly enjoys watching the anime adaptations of his work.

Anyway, the latest chapters have very detailed artwork. I think he finally caved & had some assistants with him this time around.
Or he's been spending the last two years on those. He probably has some chapters stocked up so he doesn't have to work as much.
Jun 30, 2014 11:33 PM
Apr 2014
GalekC said:

No rumor please.He doesn't care about the anime.
Jul 1, 2014 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
His art is the best compared to the big 3. That's good enough for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2014 2:28 AM
Jan 2013
0Seru0 said:

Sorry dude, but when Togashi returned from hiatus 1 month ago, his art is now better than any from the big 3.
Jul 1, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2009
The art has been pretty awesome recently, true. I haven't read enough of the other manga to really say which one I prefer, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 1, 2014 3:04 AM

Sep 2013
lxixsxa said:
Wtf?

How so? the anime follow the manga so closely and its very true to it, i don't think there is any details in the manga the anime haven't covered yet. i like my HxH voiced and moving not to mention the great animation quality madhouse maintained for 135 episodes so i'll have to say the anime is much better.
lxixsxa said:
GalekC said:

Whether he cares or not no one can deny (even togashi himself) the fact that HxH gained lots of fans through the anime alone.
Jul 1, 2014 3:50 AM
Apr 2014
annie_leonheart said:
lxixsxa said:
Wtf?

How so? the anime follow the manga so closely and its very true to it, i don't think there is any details in the manga the anime haven't covered yet. i like my HxH voiced and moving not to mention the great animation quality madhouse maintained for 135 episodes so i'll have to say the anime is much better.
lxixsxa said:

Whether he cares or not no one can deny (even togashi himself) the fact that HxH gained lots of fans through the anime alone.

Closely,not perfectly.kite,Gyro,sushi,countdown,etc.Yeah,they just skip several details of chimera ant arc and change several chapters' order.But before this arc,they skip many details.Maybe you don't care,but I think some details are important.Of course,HxH2011 is great.Someone likes it more.But I don't like these guys play down the manga.Hideous art?Funny.
Just the anime's fans.It means nothing to Togashi.It is true that Togashi doesn't care about the anime.I just say that.
Jul 1, 2014 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
The volume version have better art than the scan version. Don't read the previous chapters (ants arc) online.
Jul 1, 2014 7:55 AM

Dec 2012
annie_leonheart said:
[

In Japan? hard to tell, the sales seem to be the same.
Jul 1, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
insan3Spectre said:
Eh, Togashi's art isn't anything amazing for the most part but the volume releases are pretty solid imo. It's been said before, but I agree with those who say he does really excellent facial expressions.

As far as the anime vs. the manga? I think both have their advantages, I like the Hunter Exam (particularly the 2nd phase) in the manga much more and that it has Kite in the story from the very beginning is much better than how they sort of shoehorned him into the story in the 2011 series at the start of Chimera Ant. However, I think the anime more than makes up for that by adding nice bits of characterization for characters like Colt and Welfin. And the stylistic choices, like using red shading when Pitou is doing her "interrogation" of Pokkle or how Gyro's flashback is handled.

I'm using Chimera Ant and Hunter Exam arcs because they are the anime arc adaptations that are most fresh in my mind, btw. It's been a while since I saw arcs like Yorknew or Heaven's Arena, so I can't say which versions I prefer.

It's obvious Madhouse added a lot of positive touches and improvements.
I don't care if they differed from the manga sequence to accommodate to the viewers.

Just because you read the manga first doesn't give you the right to bullshit the anime.
Jul 1, 2014 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
Stop reading scanlations. They use the Weekly Shounen Jump chapters, meaning the art is just scribbles. The actual released volumes have proper art as always.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
8 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.