Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2009 1:13 PM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmmm, strange thing about this episode is that it's actually pretty good! I would never have thought that the first really original and interesting series of the fall would be Miracle Train. Still, it's not a total surprise since Kenichi Kasai directs this. Even if the concept isn't too appealing to me, I liked it very much.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 4, 2009 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
It was interesting anime and the first episode was so-so. Though I could't shake the though of Hetalia + Ouran + train = this anime xD! Also kept laughing all the time whenever it mention "ladies in trouble", it just kept me thinking of Tamaki <.<

Anyway, I'll stick with this anime for a while (because there isn't more other bishies series of this season now that 07-Gay ended.)
Oct 4, 2009 1:40 PM

Nov 2007
Train guys taking care of female guest's worries... interesting. Preview was really interesting.

Now I want to watch Chuo Line badly! Who Has The DVD???
tsubasaloverOct 4, 2009 1:44 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2009 3:01 PM

Apr 2009
I can't say much for this series at the moment to early to call, but for this episode I rate it a 3/5 for now. I am not really interested in learning Japans train lines tho.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Oct 4, 2009 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
That was quite the cast of guys.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 4, 2009 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
just watched episode 1 and i wouldnt say that it was bad but its just not the type of anime that i think that i would enjoy too much but i will give it a few more episodes or maybe even finish it.
i rate this episode a 2/5, hope the story get a bit more interesting and not just be some guys solving chicks problems xD
Oct 4, 2009 4:50 PM

Apr 2008
It sucked, entirely =)
Plot, character design, animation, obvious male lead instead of the whole group, and of course, the opening and ending songs and sequences too.

How was the dog able to interact with them? Oh, I get it, it was a she. I'm so dumb, there's no other explanation, because they are only seen by "ladies in distress" *super gay wink*

The last phrase was also funny: We'll always be here. I got a word for you: Earthquake. And the little kid should start dressing more manly and less goth-punk Pandora-Hearts-like.

The last thing: What if I take a female budgie? Will they also help her? What about a partially broken laptop? Could they fix it!? =O
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Oct 4, 2009 4:58 PM

Apr 2008
Elrondp said:
And the little kid should start dressing more manly and less goth-punk Pandora-Hearts-like.

What show were you watching?
Oct 4, 2009 6:31 PM

Oct 2007
Plate said:
Elrondp said:
And the little kid should start dressing more manly and less goth-punk Pandora-Hearts-like.

That I was wondering to.
Mimiko said:
It was interesting anime and the first episode was so-so. Though I could't shake the though of Hetalia + Ouran + train = this anime xD! Also kept laughing all the time whenever it mention "ladies in trouble", it just kept me thinking of Tamaki <.<

Anyway, I'll stick with this anime for a while (because there isn't more other bishies series of this season now that 07-Gay ended.)

LOl me to. XD
Don't for get Pandora Hearts as well. Yeah its kind sad I think in Japan care more about making anime makes guys happy then girls. But then again its have to do with money and how Popular the games/novel/manga to turn in to anime. Not sure if thats right or not.
KuroTsuki14Oct 4, 2009 6:35 PM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Oct 4, 2009 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
Plate said:
Elrondp said:

The one in which he exists. Just in case, this is Oz, from Pandora Hearts.
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Oct 4, 2009 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
Oh gosh. this was bad
Oct 4, 2009 7:18 PM

May 2009
wait what? this anime is new? lol i just found it from a recommendation form Ouran high school host club but the anime so far seems okay...lol at the beginning of the episode i was like "what's with the random dog"? xD
Oct 4, 2009 7:45 PM
Jul 2008
mmm... I gave it a 2/5.
The bishouenen going on here kinda not worked for me. In my opnion it won't be good as Ouran high school host club or Fruit Basket because they would keep changing female roles.
There would be no romance I think.
Also, the situation in this episode kind of tick me off because everyone was too nice in at the train stations.
I would really watch it if like in an ova episode or like 5th episode will have them get out underground more.
Oct 4, 2009 8:15 PM

Sep 2008
wel that was kinda...unique i guess..
at least it seems interestingso lets keep watching
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 4, 2009 8:40 PM

Nov 2007
LOL the premise behind this show is hilarious; anthropomorphic train stations? Whatevs, I'm here for the bishies and I'm sure the rest of you are too.
Oct 4, 2009 9:27 PM

Apr 2008
that was okay ?! not that interesting but still not bad

Oct 4, 2009 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
sorry to be pushy, but..does someone knows where can I see the OVA?
Oct 4, 2009 10:12 PM

Sep 2007
Elrondp said:
It sucked, entirely =)
Plot, character design, animation, obvious male lead instead of the whole group, and of course, the opening and ending songs and sequences too.

How was the dog able to interact with them? Oh, I get it, it was a she. I'm so dumb, there's no other explanation, because they are only seen by "ladies in distress" *super gay wink*

The last phrase was also funny: We'll always be here. I got a word for you: Earthquake. And the little kid should start dressing more manly and less goth-punk Pandora-Hearts-like.

The last thing: What if I take a female budgie? Will they also help her? What about a partially broken laptop? Could they fix it!? =O

you sound like a girl who watched an average harem anime and then bitching about it just for the sake of bitching LOL

This anime isnt too bad but no where near the good line, i wish they put more effort into this kind of anime :( though that Roppongi one is cute, i'll continue for the bishies just like you guys xD
Oct 4, 2009 11:43 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, I'm here for the bishies.

Almost every character though, I was like: "Hey Gintoki, Hey Ichigo, Hey Holland, Hey Sebastian... What's up?"

This show is for 'ladies in distress'

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Oct 5, 2009 12:16 AM

May 2008
Oh yay some Reverse Harem for girls , why am i watching this lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 5, 2009 12:39 AM

Feb 2008
Here for the bishies. xD
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking of their seiyuus' past/current works. xD
Don't forget, Tokugawa is Zura (Gintama) and Shinjuku's Byakushi. x'D

And I have to say, even though I like all those bishies. xD
Especially Roppongi, Tocho and Shinjuku...
I love Tokugawa the MOST! xD (The black dog. xD lawl)
I just do...for some unknown reason. Haha
And even though I'm sleepy here, I liked this first episode. :'p
The funny moments made me laugh...especially the part where Tocho and Roppongi finally finds Kotarou..xD
It may seem a little bit weird, but I can shut off my brain for awhile just so I can watch the whole thing. Besides, like I said... Bishies. orz

Oct 5, 2009 12:45 AM
Jul 2009
Bishies, aint my thing. I can recommend this to my friends.
Oct 5, 2009 1:09 AM

Mar 2008
Since I am a hetero male I am obviously not here for the bishies XD
but for the sake of watching episode one of a new show.

Kind of unique setting, but nothing too original. I mean this is like Kämpfer for females. Obvious target pleasing show.
That said it was not really bad. Very simple plot for episodic stories, but art was fairly good and it had a nice feeling to it overall. Tomokazu's voice is also always a good thing to have in an anime. Other than him and two others the rest of the bishies was pretty forgettable though.

Might watch another episode if I am bored.
Oct 5, 2009 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
"-because....
-because?
-Because I'm a train station"
That was hilarious. Unfortunately that's about all I remember from that thing...
The "plot" is boring, stations helping girls WTF o.O;
I'll watch at least one more tho, for the seiyuus...
Oct 5, 2009 4:56 AM

Dec 2007
Well, this was... somewhat interesting, but only because of the bishies :<. Really reminded me of Ouran with all the "ladies in distress" thing. Of course I'll continue watching it, because it has hot 2D guys, but that's about the only reason. :/
Oct 5, 2009 6:10 AM
Aug 2008
They may be bishounen but none of their character designs are very appealing :(
This probably makes alot more sense to people that use the Oedo line in japan |D
Oct 5, 2009 6:18 AM

May 2009
I might watch this because bishounen is my type of anime :)) Could only guess will it turn out to be good.. it was kinda different..
Oct 5, 2009 7:07 AM

Mar 2009
It was ok.

Oct 5, 2009 7:38 AM

Sep 2009
it wasnt too bad i guess

ouron is better by far though ^___^

Oct 5, 2009 8:08 AM

Feb 2008
The OP was koo.
Im not here for the bishies (though the guy in the red hair is HNNGG) and Im not here just for watching a new show from the new season.. ODDLY ENOUGH, Im here for the train(s). :>

Maybe I have a train fetish? Got a problem withat?

trainstrainstrainstrainstrainstrainstrains
Caught my eye. The trains. They make me happy.

The dogs look retarded, though. In all honesty, this was kind of lame.
Oct 5, 2009 8:39 AM

Feb 2009
This was just... extremely weird. I don't know what to think of it. I guess I'll watch a few more episodes to decide if I'll drop it.
Oct 5, 2009 9:16 AM
Dec 2008
Yea..........
I'm not really looking forward to learning about the train stations. Just for the bishies too. Was kind of hoping for a story, but I guess there won't be one. Didn't know what the show was about, but after seeing the first episode... yeah. So yea, just like the rest of you, only for the bishies.
Oct 5, 2009 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
I foresee many fangirls drooling over this.
'AH C'MON, just make a yaoi out of it and we're happy.'

Anyways, this is a nice time filler. Cute guys are cute, amirite?
And, a so-called 'mysterious' guy with a venetian mask? I'm what you say.. intrigued. Nah, just foolin'around.
Just take the damn thing off.
Oct 5, 2009 10:58 AM

Nov 2008
I'm going to assume that this was a parody, because I don't think that anyone could make something so bad and so dumb accidently.
Oct 5, 2009 11:15 AM

Apr 2009
Oh dear lord, these moe anthropomorphisted train stations fail so much I can't stop laughing (These clothes, these behaviours, their look, the cliches, their voices.). I'm hoping for some bad ass Yakuza gir or a deadpan snarker (like a female version of kyonko)l to mess up the train.
MariejoannaOct 5, 2009 11:19 AM
Oct 5, 2009 11:48 AM

Jul 2007
i loled at how much this character http://myanimelist.net/character/25015/Itsumi_Ryougoku looks like this character http://myanimelist.net/character/4256/Alfred_Visconti from marginal prince xD i think he transfered anime xD
Oct 5, 2009 11:57 AM

Apr 2009
grell said:
i loled at how much this character http://myanimelist.net/character/25015/Itsumi_Ryougoku looks like this character http://myanimelist.net/character/4256/Alfred_Visconti from marginal prince xD i think he transfered anime xD

you're right, he has even the same voice.
Oct 5, 2009 1:02 PM

Oct 2007
I guess this is what it looks like when Shoujo+Hetalia+Shaft-style = Miracle Train.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2009 1:05 PM

Jun 2008
...I loved it XD
I thought it was a lot better than I expected!It was funny and cute and different, and I LIKED the stupid story.
Of course, I also enjoyed the bishonen, and the fact that there was HoYay between ALL THE CHARACTERS :'D

I'm happy there's going to be a different girl every week, because if there WAS a recurring female with a canon/hinted relationship with one of the stations you just know she'd get unjustly hated by the majority of the fandom.

I DON'T think it's as much like Ouran as everyone's insinuating (I can see the similarities though) and I think the only similarity with Hetalia is the bishie anthropomorthic personification (cause of course Hetalia's the ONLY series to EVER do that >.>)

However, I don't like the character designs of this one as much as the Chuo line,(I hope someone subs that soon :C) but Roppongi is love.<3 (Am I the only person who thinks that in the context of this show the fact that Roppongi is the "deepest train station in Japan" is filled with sexual innuendo?XD)
Oct 5, 2009 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
Ahem what can I say... I seriously HATED it. I managed to watch about 8 minutes, then I just couldn't watch any more.

I hate to say this about any anime, but here goes DUMPED!
Should have known I wouldn't like it since it not a genre I normally like. Oh well here's me moving along.
Oct 5, 2009 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
I thought this series will be next Ouran or sth like that, but after first episode - boring and silly, maybe will watching, but because of boredom.
Oct 5, 2009 1:18 PM

Nov 2008
I thought the concept was interesting but they didn't really did their best on the rest. :<
But I'll continue anyways. Maybe it'll become better. And there are nice seiyuus. :>
Oct 5, 2009 8:23 PM
Feb 2009
AMG good start imo
Oct 5, 2009 11:29 PM

Feb 2008
Mariejoanna said:
grell said:

you're right, he has even the same voice.

This.
ROFL. xD

Oct 6, 2009 7:06 AM

Feb 2009
^LOL! Wow, they do look exactly alike! xD

Hm, I thought this anime was okay. So far, I haven't been that impressed with any of the anime's this fall. Summer was better IMO. Well I'll keep watching to see what happens; and yes, I'm also here for the bishies. :]
Oct 6, 2009 11:28 AM

Aug 2007
quite a few bishies in this anime, not that I mind. =D
The anime is so-so, so I need to watch a couple more episodes to see if I like it or not.

P.S. The dogs are so darn cute!
Oct 6, 2009 11:30 AM
Aug 2007
Host club in a train with hosts with station names. So ridiculous that it is actually hilarious.
Oct 6, 2009 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
It sucked... i couldnt stand it after 10 min... i thought it woulda been something better..
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Oct 6, 2009 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
phybee said:
Host club in a train with hosts with station names. So ridiculous that it is actually hilarious.

Agreed
Oct 6, 2009 12:55 PM

Mar 2007
I liked the trains and the character designs. Tocho and Shinjuku are my favorites in both character and voice actor.

The story was ok, I guess, but I am a bit disappointed at the episodic new-girl-of-the-week format. I am getting tired of so many bishounen-filled shows were there is no romance! ^_^; All the bishounen shows lately have girls who show no interest in any of the guys around her or never pick a final winner -_- And now we have hot guys and a new girl each week? Bleh.

But still, I like the train trivia (as I have been to some of these stations) and I love the voices. Parts of this also reminded me of Ouran - the theme of helping ladies, the captions that would appear on the screen, and the helpful blinking arrows that pointed stuff out. But this lacked the outrageous silliness of Ouran. This show with its ridiculous concept takes itself too seriously. The best parts were the moments when they admitted the concept was absurd ('I'm a train station...')

I won't give up yet. I hope it gets better...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Taken off of Crunchyroll

tinywoodenrobot - Aug 15, 2023

0 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 15, 2023 7:01 PM

» Miracle Train Question?

haihaig - Feb 26, 2017

1 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2009

24 by Maou_heika »»
Feb 13, 2020 9:48 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 27, 2009

33 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2015 1:56 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 15, 2009

19 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 19, 2015 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.