Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2014 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I think chapter 17 doesn't exist because of the renumbering.

But damn, this chapter was full of emotions and feelings.
>I am beautiful

Now that panel really hit the nail.
Jun 27, 2014 6:25 AM
Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
I think chapter 17 doesn't exist because of the renumbering.

But damn, this chapter was full of emotions and feelings.
>I am beautiful

Now that panel really hit the nail.

There's a new tankobon coming out before long, and chapter 14.5 not really having a chapter number (we made up the 14.5 part) may be the reason for the renumbering.

In any case, this series has now been licensed for publication in English . . . starting about a year from now 8-(
Jun 27, 2014 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
`-` And i thought that drama genre was refering to MC heart problem,looks like i was sooo wrong.
And yep she lost it big time.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jun 27, 2014 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
So... they really are blood related :/

I want them to be together T-T
Jun 27, 2014 5:37 PM
Mar 2013
So what I am getting from this chapter is he is a step brother and she killed her/his father.

Damn that sux
Jun 29, 2014 4:16 PM

May 2013
Damn she has lost it now.
Jun 29, 2014 11:29 PM

Jul 2010
Gelatina said:
So... they really are blood related :/

I want them to be together T-T

She THINKS he is her blood related brother, but I think they will eventually discover that they are cousins or something. Remember, Hotoka had TWO people who he could call father that died. The first from illness (His biological father) and the 2nd died because of the bad things he did in life, such as cheating on/abandoning his daughter.

From the looks of it, Niki actually did kill her father. Perhaps, Hotaka should really reconsider whether he wants to be in a relationship with a mentally unstable girl with yandere tendencies? Then again, I expect that she NEEDS him and vice verse.

Damn this is good! The raw emotion of this chapter was tremendous!

"I AM BEAUTIFUL!" Damn... I have never read that statement and felt it to be such a condemnation and curse before. (I assume her mother is a great beauty, which she perceives as being why her father was with her and had Niki.)

When you thing about it, she is probably wrong about that too. Hotaka's real dad wasn't dead yet then. I think she has the order of operations wrong. Her father cheated on her mother with Hotaka's mom and left them to be with the woman he had lost to Hotaka's real father. She is blaming her mother for stealing another woman's husband when the timing of things would suggest that it is the other way around....

I can't wait to read the rest, but I don't know if the scanilation will continue now that the manga has been licensed. (I will be buying it, that is for SURE!)
Jul 1, 2014 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
I just hope that Hotoka real father is just Niki's stepfather. That they are not blood related.

Still Niki is now heartbroken. She loves Honoka and hates him for taking her father away. Even if this get cleared out and they are not blood related the chance for them to have normal relationship are rather small. Niki will have hard time to look at Honoka as not her real brother. She will always see in him the father that left her.

Well Niki might end up at some point with Soga. They are both messed up in a way. Honoka case is different. He didn't rise any flags for potential back up girlfriend (manga club girl doesn't count).

They key to solving this mystery is in the summer house and they will go there together.
Jul 2, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2010
They will end up together.
Niki will NOT end up with Soga, though I wouldn't be surprised to see her date him to try to get away from Hotoka.

The truth awaits them at the summer house. I expect they will both go there separately and find the truth together.
Jul 3, 2014 3:27 AM
Oct 2010
Wild guess: Grandma knows more than she seems to...
Jul 7, 2014 6:59 AM

Jul 2010
rpapo said:
Wild guess: Grandma knows more than she seems to...

Yep! Both of them! (One of them just doesn't have the access codes anymore...)
Jul 16, 2014 11:13 AM
Aug 2013
incest incest incest please wincest wincest winces!
Jul 28, 2014 7:07 AM

Jul 2013
zensunni said:
Remember, Hotoka had TWO people who he could call father that died. The first from illness (His biological father) and the 2nd died because of the bad things he did in life, such as cheating on/abandoning his daughter.

Hotoka only had one father. No where in the story did it say he had two fathers.

Nikki did not kill her father, that was a dream sequence. I checked with the translator.

Everything in the story points to them being related. There's maybe a 1% chance that they are not related. That would be one hell of a middle finger to the reader if they are not. The story is far more interesting if they are related, than if they are not simply to allow them to be together.
Oct 11, 2014 7:09 PM
Apr 2014
If you read 18.2 you will find out that Niki broke up with him, bit he doesn`t know why until he used that key.
Oct 11, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
Don't lost hope, incest will always find a way.
But on a serious note, Niki's situation really sucks. I don't know what to do if I were her.
Oct 11, 2014 11:01 PM

May 2013
After reading the second part of it, I feel really bad for the guy now. Niki really has changed after finding out about who he is.
Oct 12, 2014 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
The first manga that I really want an incest ending.
Oct 12, 2014 12:58 PM
Mar 2010
It is too Intense!!!!!!!!!!!! and i would like more updates!!!!
GAMES-ONLINE Userbars/Banners

Oct 12, 2014 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
babymilo91 said:
After reading the second part of it, I feel really bad for the guy now. Niki really has changed after finding out about who he is.

Yeah it's an interesting development. A bit of an over reaction. Yes you kissed you brother - so what get over it. So her reaction is either drama for the sake of it or something deeper is going on...I'm hopeful there's something more.

The more irritating aspect is the Hotaka character just crawling into his shell. Takemiya need Hotaka to act a certain way to reach her objective but in terms of what has happened in the story it's very unlikely that he would back off. He chased Niki down to talk to her when she avoided him the first time. After admitting they love each other and started dating, it's highly unlikely he would back off without first understanding why.

Based on the ending it doesn't seem like this story will last much longer.
Oct 13, 2014 1:59 AM

Jul 2010
She lost it. God damnnit, these emotions..
Oct 13, 2014 7:52 AM

Jul 2010
RightSaidFred said:
zensunni said:
Remember, Hotoka had TWO people who he could call father that died. The first from illness (His biological father) and the 2nd died because of the bad things he did in life, such as cheating on/abandoning his daughter.

Hotoka only had one father. No where in the story did it say he had two fathers.

Nikki did not kill her father, that was a dream sequence. I checked with the translator.

Everything in the story points to them being related. There's maybe a 1% chance that they are not related. That would be one hell of a middle finger to the reader if they are not. The story is far more interesting if they are related, than if they are not simply to allow them to be together.

No, the story DOES say that Hotaka had two fathers. I posted this before, but I will copy it here. To prove it to yourself, re-read the end of chapter 6, starting at about page 36 (in the scanlation)
original post
zensunni said:
Gelatina said:

Nop, He said that He saw his father dies 2 times, in his real death and second with is mother and family insulting his father and changed Yoshi surname.

No, he writes that he had two different people that he could call father:

The beginning of chapter 5:
Like that, I lost the person who I could have called "Father" for a second time. Children who have not lost it even once would surely find it hard to understand sorrow like this. Although, if somewhere in this world there was someone who I could share this sorrow with, I would like to find that person.

That is Niki remembering what Hotaka wrote in the magazine.

Then near the end of chapter 6, when Hotaka is carrying her, she tells him how she came to "look at him".

Niki: I knew you from long ago. A club magazine... There are articles in there, right? I like reading those.
Hotaka: Haha [She really read them.]
Niki: In the beginning it was by chance. I was waiting for my friend in the corridor next to the manga club. I was bored so I opened a random page. At that time, I read, "I lost my father twice." The first one died from an illness. The second one... when he paid for the bad things he did during his life. In our family, the "Father" became a figure that, even if you yearned for him, you could only recall your memories of him. Even though I was a child, I could not cry when I thought about my father. There was no one who understood my feelings. That's what Hotaka wrote. ... I understand, I thought. Because I also lost my dad twice.
Hotaka: Huh...?
Niki: My Father firstly threw away my mother and I. He left us... When it was just me and him, he suddenly told me, "I'll definitely come back, we'll meet again. Daddy will always be watching Niki." After saying that, he suddenly disappeared. I who was left behind felt so sad. I missed him, I hated him. But somewhere in my heart I believed he'd return like he promised. And so I continued living, clinging on to just that. But many years passed ... and I learned he had actually died. My mother went to his funeral by herself, I... I don't believe it even now. That promise connot be fulfilled anymore."I can't see my father anymore, it must be a joke", I thought. I didn't want that. ... I found Hotaka. The person I needed to find. That's all there is to it.

Niki lost the same father twice. Once when he abandoned her and her mother, and the other time when she discovered he had actually died. Hotaka's two fathers are seperate people, if I am not reading the part from the chapter 6 incorrectly, where Niki quotes from his article, from memory, it must be noted, and says "That is what Hotaka wrote." That clearly implies two different people. One his biological father who died of the same heart condition that he suffered from and the other, as yet unidentified, who died "when he paid for the bad things he did during his life."

The part that Niki is remembering from his writing at the beginning of chapter five very clearly indicates two separate people, with one of them not being his biological father. The phrase "I lost the person who I could have called 'Father' for the second time." clearly indicates that one of them was not his biological father.

Unless the translation has issues, that is the correct interpretation of the story.

In any event, this chapter was a watershed moment for the series. When you look back, there were hints and signs all over the place, but I actually hadn't put them all together. At one point I wondered if they were related somehow, but I never associated the nightmare with Niki... Interestingly, when I was telling my son about this development, before I told him that it looked like they may have had the same "Father", I showed him the nightmare sequence and he immediately said, "That little girl is Niki! Just look at the hair. It's obvious."

I just stared at him and went on to show him this chapter and, basically, did a mental slow-clap as I marveled at how quickly he figured it out. I think he's smarter than I am, in the long run. (Damn... I hope he isn't reading this message board... LOL)
Oct 14, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2013
zensunni said:
RightSaidFred said:

No, the story DOES say that Hotaka had two fathers. I posted this before, but I will copy it here. To prove it to yourself, re-read the end of chapter 6, starting at about page 36 (in the scanlation)

Niki is quoting what Hotaka wrote in a work of fiction. Thus we are unable to ascertain whether Hotaka is talking about a real father or fictional father. In the story, there is no other mention of a second father. The story only talks about the one father, whom Hotaka inherited the heat condition and who Hotaka and his mother are estranged from the father's side. So without more evidence, it's a reach to say Hotaka had two fathers.
Nov 18, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
decided to start this series today, had a feel good feeling to the series until the stories of their fathers was introduced. Once i got to 18.2, boy, shit hit the fan quick. Took a total 180. Seeing as this is the writer of Toradora and Golden time, I hope they aren't related or there will at least be a happy ending, but it looks grim at best right now...
Dec 12, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
ultimaweapon51 said:
decided to start this series today, had a feel good feeling to the series until the stories of their fathers was introduced. Once i got to 18.2, boy, shit hit the fan quick. Took a total 180. Seeing as this is the writer of Toradora and Golden time, I hope they aren't related or there will at least be a happy ending, but it looks grim at best right now...

I get the sense that people don't actually read more than skim stories. How the heck do you get feel good feeling? It starts off with Hotaka agonizing over the scar on his chest, which reminds him of his dead father. Then you have the dream sequences where he gets stabbed, foreshadowing bad things to come. That was all in the FIRST CHAPTER! So no, this was never a feel good story. There was no 180. You'd have to be blind not to notice what was happening.

What Takemiya wrote in the past has little bearing on what she might write in the future.
RightSaidFredDec 12, 2014 6:04 PM
Jan 29, 2015 9:56 PM
May 2014
oh that was a quick relationship, blood relative(?), half simblies , yandere tendencies lot things to think, I can't wait for the next chapter.
Mar 5, 2015 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
RightSaidFred said:
zensunni said:

Niki is quoting what Hotaka wrote in a work of fiction. Thus we are unable to ascertain whether Hotaka is talking about a real father or fictional father. In the story, there is no other mention of a second father. The story only talks about the one father, whom Hotaka inherited the heat condition and who Hotaka and his mother are estranged from the father's side. So without more evidence, it's a reach to say Hotaka had two fathers.

I took that to be an "editorial" or non-fiction piece that he wrote as opposed to a work of fiction.

You will notice that they totally dance around the details whenever anyone is talking about Hotaka's father/fathers. I think that is an indication that they are not actually siblings, but possibly cousins or "step-siblings" in some manner.

In any case, I expect we will find out very soon, since ... next chapter info... I'll stop there...
Jul 4, 2022 11:43 PM
Jan 2021
Wait they weren't born by the same mother so aren't they just step siblings?
Jul 4, 2022 11:46 PM
Jan 2021
Jojo3243 said:
Wait they weren't born by the same mother so aren't they just step siblings?

This is what i found

Half siblings can have the same mother and different fathers or the same father and different mothers. Half siblings may share one biological parent, but the marital status of any parent does not affect their relation as half-siblings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ever Green Chapter 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

54 by Pietru »»
Oct 10, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 16 Discussion

julyan - May 11, 2014

24 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 2022 7:00 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 6 Discussion

-Quasar - Aug 7, 2012

5 by TheBigGuy »»
Dec 3, 2018 11:50 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 5 Discussion

Explicitz - Jun 1, 2012

10 by TheBigGuy »»
Dec 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 2 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Dec 1, 2011

5 by TheBigGuy »»
Apr 7, 2018 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.