Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She finally knew about it.
I kinda like the representation they did with the flashback though. It really shows her anger on a different feeling than the usual ones.

Now, how will this affect their relationship I wonder. I'm guessing she'll not mention that they are siblings and just break up with him for a different reason.
May 11, 2014 6:04 AM

Sep 2013
If she break up with him only because their father died to save him, it's gonna make me mad and hate her.

Their father died for his kid, Yoshi couldn't do anything.
May 11, 2014 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
HOLY SHIT. I might have to reread the chapter again but that was intense change of mood there.
May 11, 2014 6:29 AM

Nov 2012
kinda rush, I was expecting a few more build-up chapters before they realize
May 11, 2014 6:40 AM

Jul 2012
W-wait what? I knew they were related but really murder?

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

May 11, 2014 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
This is my theory.

Yoshi's father broke up with his wife and started to see a new women that had a little girl (Niki and He isn't her real father). Niki thinks that he was her father.

Yoshi's mother said to him that Yoshi had a heart disease, he went to see him and the medic said that Yoshi was gonna die and He donate his heart to Yoshi and the father died instead of him.

People only say that Niki murdered Yoshi's father trying to kill Yoshi but I think that it's not the truth. It's only a dream and represent that She hates who take her father away and that the little girl of dream in reality was stabbing the heart of Yoshi's father (Hint that Yoshi's heart is from his father).

It's only a representation of the feelings that Niki has and nothing more, she didn't stab to anyone in reality.
May 11, 2014 10:13 AM

May 2013
So they are related? Now this is getting real.
May 12, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2011
Ack. What will happen to their relationship now? :(
May 12, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2013
This chapter was intense.
May 12, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
huh why did she puke?
May 12, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2010
So... Are they actually related, which would mean that his dad was seriously two-timing when they were both born, or was he Niki's step-dad? In any event, I get that she blamed her "father"'s absence on Hotaka when she was a child and hated him for it. But that scene with the knife... Poor Niki... I wonder how Hotoka will react to finding out this little development?

(Now she understands why the stuff he wrote about his father resonated with her so much, eh? I just hope they aren't really blood related...)
May 13, 2014 6:17 AM

Mar 2014
OMG i seriously didnt see that coming... I actually reread all the chapters and there were actually quite a lot of signs and foreshadowing of this happening. Daammmnnn..... Pleeaaseee let them not be siblings!! Poor Niki and Hotaka

Im a bit confused though. Is Niki shocked that they might be siblings or because Hotaka is the boy that her father left her for?

Sigh... Heartbreaking chapter
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

May 13, 2014 6:19 AM

Aug 2012
llRydonll said:

Im a bit confused though. Is Niki shocked that they might be siblings or because Hotaka is the boy that her father left her for?

Pretty sure it's both, sadly.
May 13, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
In Ch5 Nikki says she lost a second father or actually someone who could have been a second father if you want to read it that way. She is pretty clear about the second father though. So 90% chance no blood relation and maybe not even one from marriage.
May 13, 2014 9:06 PM

May 2013
singleturbo said:
In Ch5 Nikki says she lost a second father or actually someone who could have been a second father if you want to read it that way. She is pretty clear about the second father though. So 90% chance no blood relation and maybe not even one from marriage.

Ohhh I missed that "second" father part" So glad there's a good chance that there isn't a blood relation.
May 13, 2014 9:08 PM

May 2013
Nebarto said:
singleturbo said:

Ohhh I missed that "second" father part" So glad there's a good chance that there isn't a blood relation.

Wait wait, I'm rereading it, and it directly says (From Mangahere.com) that, "I lost the person who I could have called 'Father' for the second time."

Couldn't that be interpreted as the Father came back for a little bit, but then had to go and cure Honoka? I mean, I know it sounds like I'm pushing for the incest here, but I just want to be completely sure before I get any hopes of a "normal" relationship (Sorry to anyone who supports Wincest).
May 14, 2014 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
Gelatina said:
This is my theory.

Yoshi's father broke up with his wife and started to see a new women that had a little girl (Niki and He isn't her real father). Niki thinks that he was her father.

Yoshi's mother said to him that Yoshi had a heart disease, he went to see him and the medic said that Yoshi was gonna die and He donate his heart to Yoshi and the father died instead of him.

People only say that Niki murdered Yoshi's father trying to kill Yoshi but I think that it's not the truth. It's only a dream and represent that She hates who take her father away and that the little girl of dream in reality was stabbing the heart of Yoshi's father (Hint that Yoshi's heart is from his father).

It's only a representation of the feelings that Niki has and nothing more, she didn't stab to anyone in reality.

singleturbo said:

I support this shet ! since she did have 2 father just can't figure out who here real father is LOL. please no incest T_T

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

May 14, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
singleturbo said:

Actually, it is HOTAKA that said he had two fathers:

In his article he says: "The first one died from an illness. The second one... when he paid for the bad things he did during his life." This implies that his mother remarried, but the 2nd dad was either sent to prison or killed. It is fairly clear that the guy Niki remembers, who went to Hotaka's side when he was in the hospital, is supposed to be Hotaka's biological father due to family resemblance. We don't really know anything about the other one. Niki, on the other hand, says she lost her father twice as follows: "My father threw away my mother and I. He left us... When it was just me and him, he suddenly told me, 'I'll definitely come back, we'll meet again. Daddy will always be watching Niki.'" Then she later found out that he had died, making her lose him twice.

Here is my speculation: Looking at the most recent chapter, it makes me wonder if it wasn't Hotaka's birth father that Niki remembers, but his "2nd Father", the one who paid for the bad things he did in his life. However, it is very clear that Hotaka's "Gran" had two keys for her grandchildren. So, who is Niki's father? Hotaka's uncle! When his brother died, he left Niki and her mother to marry his first love, Hotaka's mother, who his brother married. How did he "pay for the bad things he did in his life?" Well, from what the manga has shown us, I think Niki may have killed him, and Hotaka may have witnessed it...

We'll see. In any event, I am really loving this manga even more than before, and I have always loved it!
May 16, 2014 6:45 AM

Sep 2013
zensunni said:
singleturbo said:

Nop, He said that He saw his father dies 2 times, in his real death and second with is mother and family insulting his father and changed Yoshi surname.
Jun 25, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Gelatina said:
zensunni said:

Nop, He said that He saw his father dies 2 times, in his real death and second with is mother and family insulting his father and changed Yoshi surname.

No, he writes that he had two different people that he could call father:

The beginning of chapter 5:
Like that, I lost the person who I could have called "Father" for a second time. Children who have not lost it even once would surely find it hard to understand ta sorrow like this. Although, if somewhere in this world there was someone who I could share this sorrow with, I would like to find that person.

That is Niki remembering what Hotaka wrote in the magazine.

Then near the end of chapter 6, when Hotaka is carrying her, she tells him how she came to "look at him".

Niki: I knew you from long ago. A club magazine... There are articles in there, right? I like reading those.
Hotaka: Haha [She really read them.]
Niki: In the beginning it was by chance. I was waiting for my friend in the corridor next to the manga club. I was bored so I opened a random page. At that time, I read, "I lost my father twice." The first one died from an illness. The second one... when he paid for the bad things he did during his life. In our family, the "Father" became a figure that, even if you yearned for him, you could only recall your memories of him. Even though I was a child, I could not cry when I thought about my father. There was no one who understood my feelings. That's what Hotaka wrote. ... I understand, I thought. Because I also lost my dad twice.
Hotaka: Huh...?
Niki: My Father firstly threw away my mother and I. He left us... When it was just me and him, he suddenly told me, "I'll definitely come back, we'll meet again. Daddy will always be watching Niki." After saying that, he suddenly disappeared. I who was left behind felt so sad. I missed him, I hated him. But somewhere in my heart I believed he'd return like he promised. And so I continued living, clinging on to just that. But many years passed ... and I learned he had actually died. My mother went to his funeral by herself, I... I don't believe it even now. That promise connot be fulfilled anymore."I can't see my father anymore, it must be a joke", I thought. I didn't want that. ... I found Hotaka. The person I needed to find. That's all there is to it.

Niki lost the same father twice. Once when he abandoned her and her mother, and the other time when she discovered he had actually died. Hotaka's two fathers are seperate people, if I am not reading the part from the chapter 6 incorrectly, where Niki quotes from his article, from memory, it must be noted, and says "That is what Hotaka wrote." That clearly implies two different people. One his biological father who died of the same heart condition that he suffered from and the other, as yet unidentified, who died "when he paid for the bad things he did during his life."

The part that Niki is remembering from his writing at the beginning of chapter five very clearly indicates two separate people, with one of them not being his biological father. The phrase "I lost the person who I could have called 'Father' for the second time." clearly indicates that one of them was not his biological father.

Unless the translation has issues, that is the correct interpretation of the story.

In any event, this chapter was a watershed moment for the series. When you look back, there were hints and signs all over the place, but I actually hadn't put them all together. At one point I wondered if they were related somehow, but I never associated the nightmare with Niki... Interestingly, when I was telling my son about this development, before I told him that it looked like they may have had the same "Father", I showed him the nightmare sequence and he immediately said, "That little girl is Niki! Just look at the hair. It's obvious."

I just stared at him and went on to show him this chapter and, basically, did a mental slow-clap as I marveled at how quickly he figured it out. I think he's smarter than I am, in the long run. (Damn... I hope he isn't reading this message board... LOL)

[EDIT: Fixed the word correctly to incorrectly above...]
zensunniOct 13, 2014 7:51 AM
Sep 16, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god, this chapter's ending.
Oct 1, 2014 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
They have the same father, unless Takemiya does an ass-pull. The "second" father is a red herring and not sure that's even real since he wrote it in a story. Unless the story was non-fiction, i.e., autobiographical, the second father was fictional.

Several keys that point to the same father: the name, the death, and the fact that Niki thinks Hotaka looks like him. So related. Incest? Unlikely since Niki doesn't want to see Hotaka again - latest chapter.

Niki vomited because she kissed her brother.

There was no murder that was a dream sequence.
Oct 12, 2014 3:07 AM

Sep 2012
What the fuck moon
Oct 13, 2014 1:54 AM

Jul 2010
The mood suddenly changed.

If there're two father, there might be a chance to have non-blood relation. That's all I can say.
Apr 1, 2022 7:00 PM

May 2021
Incest yay thats the best part
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ever Green Chapter 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

54 by Pietru »»
Oct 10, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

27 by HikaruQe »»
Jul 4, 2022 11:46 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 6 Discussion

-Quasar - Aug 7, 2012

5 by TheBigGuy »»
Dec 3, 2018 11:50 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 5 Discussion

Explicitz - Jun 1, 2012

10 by TheBigGuy »»
Dec 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Poll: » Evergreen Chapter 2 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Dec 1, 2011

5 by TheBigGuy »»
Apr 7, 2018 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.