Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 110 111 [112] 113 114 »
Jun 17, 2015 3:48 PM

Sep 2014
Was Iggy that good?

Didn't follow the finals so close
Jun 17, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2009
guywholikesanime said:
Was Iggy that good?

he guarded Lebron and help in team assist and points too, last years finals MVP was given to Kawhi Leonard who guarded Lebron too and was also helping the Spurs on offense
Jun 17, 2015 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah...but in the offense he didn't help as much as Curry or laat year Kawhi imo
Jun 17, 2015 4:12 PM

Jan 2009
maybe they give too much credit on the fact he guarded the best player in the world right now
Jun 17, 2015 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
he averaged 20 points in games 4-6 where they won so he definitely helped.

Jun 17, 2015 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
ToodleNoodles said:
he averaged 20 points in games 4-6 where they won so he definitely helped.

this^

also take into consideration he hasn't started a game in a LONG while

Jun 17, 2015 6:21 PM
May 2015
guywholikesanime said:
Was Iggy that good?

Yea he was good, but its mainly because he was put in the perfect position to succeed when dubs went small ball and had Iggy at the 4/5 with Mozgov guarding him. Its unfortunate that a true MVP didnt win the award.... (im looking at you curry) but Iggy definitely deserved it
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 17, 2015 6:30 PM

Sep 2012
Congratulations to the Warriors for having one of the best seasons in a long time. Man, I still remember watching the 2009 Draft and seeing Curry being picked 7th by the Dubs and the Knicks (who were very, very interested in the future MVP) frantically choosing Jordan Hill right after.

ooo333 said:
Koukyoshi said:
Iggy definitely deserved the Finals MVP.
I love LeBron but 2-6 in the finals is gonna get it done.

Well, he deserves half credit for the 2007 Finals.
2.5 - 5.5

If he deserves half credit for the 2007 Finals (I don't know why, it was a sweep), then he deserves half credit for the 2013 Finals (*cough* you know what I mean).
CatnoticJun 17, 2015 6:39 PM
Jun 17, 2015 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
It seems that the rumor of a new logo design for the Clippers was true. Damn it looks like someone's five year old had a hand in this one. 5/10
Jun 17, 2015 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
But does it come with Windows 10?
Jun 17, 2015 8:07 PM

Jun 2012
deanzel said:
But does it come with Windows 10?

Windows 10 and a Zune.
Jun 17, 2015 8:07 PM
Sep 2014
LeBron should have won MVP
Jun 17, 2015 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
guywholikesanime said:
Was Iggy that good?

Igoudala played well throughout the entire finals, I can't say the same for Curry though. He had a rough Game 2 and most of 3; though I will give him credit for that complete turnaround in field goal percentage for the the second-half of Game 3.

Igoudala was the Warriors' biggest factor in that series. He definitely showed up.
Jun 17, 2015 8:56 PM

Mar 2012
Man, I can't believe I never thought to check if MAL had a thread for this until the day after the finals. >.>

6Man said:
guywholikesanime said:
Was Iggy that good?

Yea he was good, but its mainly because he was put in the perfect position to succeed when dubs went small ball and had Iggy at the 4/5 with Mozgov guarding him. Its unfortunate that a true MVP didnt win the award.... (im looking at you curry) but Iggy definitely deserved it

Sort of my general take on Iggy winning MVP. While I did want to see Curry hoist that trophy, I think the pieces fell all into place in the end for Iggy, especially due to how he performed in Game 6 to seal the deal. He flat-out was the most consistent throughout the whole finals (including his bad FT shooting...lol). I have no complaints with him winning finals MVP in the end.
Jun 17, 2015 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
Also, just looking at the start date of this thread, is a new thread gonna be created the day of the draft? O.o
Jun 17, 2015 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
XPwnDEnd said:
Also, just looking at the start date of this thread, is a new thread gonna be created the day of the draft? O.o

i do not know but someone always creates a new thread anyway, you can create that if you want just title it appropriately
Jun 17, 2015 10:31 PM

Jun 2008

^Just move the team out of LA already....
Jun 18, 2015 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
JustALEX said:

Lakers be like:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler
Jun 18, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
JustALEX said:

The city has demonstrated it can support two teams. I don't see any reason to change the status quo. Especially if I'm Steve Ballmer and paid $2 billion for the team because it was in LA not that long ago.
Jun 18, 2015 1:44 PM
Mar 2014
JustALEX said:

I really want them to move back to my city, San Diego, but I doubt it will happen even though I'm a Lakers fan.
LOL i'm derpish and I like cosplayers :3
Jun 18, 2015 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
OtakuWithGlasses said:
JustALEX said:

I really want them to move back to my city, San Diego, but I doubt it will happen even though I'm a Lakers fan.

Pretty much no chance the Clippers move to a market like San Diego until a team like the Bucks tops $2 billion in team value.

Anyone else in draft mode mentally? I've spent the bulk of the last two months worrying that GM Flip will make a decision that Coach Flip would like rather than a decision actually good for the team with the number one pick. I'm 85% certain that I want the Wolves to pick Towns, but I'm only 75% certain GM Flip will pick Towns.
Jun 18, 2015 3:55 PM

Jun 2012
Anyone want one of these?
Jun 18, 2015 4:08 PM

Mar 2012
BobbyFischer said:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
I don't really mind their new home unis (actually sort of like them a bit). Their road ones though... (Q˚Д˚)==O
Jun 18, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
donavannj said:
Anyone else in draft mode mentally? I've spent the bulk of the last two months worrying that GM Flip will make a decision that Coach Flip would like rather than a decision actually good for the team with the number one pick. I'm 85% certain that I want the Wolves to pick Towns, but I'm only 75% certain GM Flip will pick Towns.

Been in draft mode since the last game of the regular season. I'd be happy with one of Cameron Payne, Kelly Oubre, Willie Cauley Stein, or Stanley Johnson. Anyone else and I'd rather pass and make a trade of some sort.
Jun 18, 2015 5:55 PM
Feb 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
donavannj said:

Been in draft mode since the last game of the regular season. I'd be happy with one of Cameron Payne, Kelly Oubre, Willie Cauley Stein, or Stanley Johnson. Anyone else and I'd rather pass and make a trade of some sort.

Payne or WCS would be ideal for Indiana imo. But that's just because I like those players the most out of the ones you named.
Jun 18, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
Have people been watching the highlights of Porzingis in his workouts? He looks dirty and quite dank. Orlando is definitely praying hard that he drops to #5.
Jun 18, 2015 5:59 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
Have people been watching the highlights of Porzingis in his workouts? He looks dirty and quite dank. Orlando is definitely praying hard that he drops to #5.

Heard rumors the Lakers could take him at 2.

My bet is that he'll end up with Philadelphia or New York.
Jun 18, 2015 6:02 PM

Jan 2009
Knicks should get Porzingis im hearing he is like Dirk Nowitzki, a 7 footer sharp shooter
Jun 18, 2015 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
TheBasedNico said:
deanzel said:

Heard rumors the Lakers could take him at 2.

My bet is that he'll end up with Philadelphia or New York.

Phil wants Russell to fall to him so bad. He's praying that Hinkie takes Porzingis now that Embiid's foot has died again. Knicks want a player that can contribute immediately and Mudiay is still quite far off in his development as well compared to Russell while Porzingis is a huge project (albeit probably the most talented in this draft). Orlando just wants someone who can shoot a jumpshot.

Just watch that workout. It makes me hard just watching that J.
dankzelJun 18, 2015 6:08 PM
Jun 18, 2015 6:08 PM
Sep 2014
BobbyFischer said:

I didn't know they still made AND1 shoes
Jun 18, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2014
deanzel said:

It'd be nice if they had clips of him working out against, you know, other basketball players. I would not touch Porzingis with a 10 foot pole if I had a top 5 pick. Yes, I'm a little biased against European players, but they do tend to be busts more often than not. I never got the infatuation with Euro bigs in the lottery.
Jun 18, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2013
This isn't Yi Jianlian working out against a chair. Porzingis played an entire year in the ACB league in Barcelona last year as a 19 year old and put up good stats. He needs to work on his strength but there is a good amount of tape on him. I wouldn't take him Top 3 atm over Towns, Okafor and Russell because he is still a big project but I'd roll the dice from Pick 4 and onward. Of course, I'm not an NBA GM whose job is on the line.
Jun 18, 2015 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
ImaginaryFire said:
deanzel said:

It'd be nice if they had clips of him working out against, you know, other basketball players. I would not touch Porzingis with a 10 foot pole if I had a top 5 pick. Yes, I'm a little biased against European players, but they do tend to be busts more often than not. I never got the infatuation with Euro bigs in the lottery.

Definitely understandable -- I'd be highly skeptical as well about using a top five pick on him. A good chunk of Euro bigs have ended up being big busts (Darko and Barg both fairly recent major ones that I can recall).

Just from watching that clip though, that shot of his is a real beauty. He's a lot more athletic than I thought too. The big thing I would wonder about is how his body would hold for a whole NBA season and about how his defense is. I did hear that his help side D is pretty good though; man-to-man should be interesting, especially with his slim stature right now.
Jun 18, 2015 6:50 PM
Feb 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
deanzel said:

While I generally agree with you wholeheartedly on this, Dirk also got criticized for these things if I recall correctly. Look where he is now. Exceptions can come out, but they're rare.
Jun 18, 2015 7:05 PM
May 2015
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3896/lebrons-handling-of-blatt-unbecoming
nice read about LeBron and Blatt's strange relationship

On Porzingis. From his draftexpress vid he seems like a high risk, high reward kind of pick.
7-1 that can shoot up to NBA 3pt range and extremely mobile for his size. He's your prototypical stretch 4, and reminds me of a poor mans Bargnani (with even less physical strength).
Defensively, he will get abused. He's too skinny to guard physical bigs in the post. He's late on rotations. He will need A LOT of time to get better. The only positive i see is his lateral quicks and ability to guard perimeter players.
Based on his draftexpress videos, doubt he goes top 5. I think Hezonja and winslow are safer picks.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 18, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2013
He is a lot more athletic than Bargnani ever dreamed he could be. Just looks at his hops and quickness. I'll say though that Bargs was more skilled when he came into the league but he was also a bit older at the time. He is a project but I can see him hitting. This isn't Jan Vesley (aka insert any other rando Euro) as Porzingis actually has skills to go along with his athleticism.
Jun 18, 2015 7:23 PM
May 2015
deanzel said:
He is a lot more athletic than Bargnani ever dreamed he could be. Just looks at his hops and quickness. I'll say though that Bargs was more skilled when he came into the league but he was also a bit older at the time. He is a project but I can see him hitting. This isn't Jan Vesley (aka insert any other rando Euro) as Porzingis actually has skills to go along with his athleticism.

I agree that he has more hops but in terms of mobility i think both are pretty similar.

But yea i definitely can see him succeeding if placed under the right system and right coach.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 18, 2015 7:49 PM

Apr 2013
6Man said:
deanzel said:

I agree that he has more hops but in terms of mobility i think both are pretty similar.

But yea i definitely can see him succeeding if placed under the right system and right coach.

I also can understand why you'd hate any prospect that even reminds you of Bargs being a Raps fan :P
Jun 18, 2015 8:04 PM

Jan 2009
deanzel said:

looks like he can do fade away shots too and hook shots in the post, how is his ball handling skills?
Jun 18, 2015 8:08 PM
May 2015
deanzel said:
6Man said:

I also can understand why you'd hate any prospect that even reminds you of Bargs being a Raps fan :P

Lol. If only bargs had passion for the game... The guy was so skilled as a stretch 4. If i remember correctly one month he was averaging like 20-10 and playing like an all-star.
But i dont hate Porz, im just skeptical that he'll pan out because he is a project, and way way too skinny. Another player i see parallels to is Niko cause both are mobile and can shoot (although Niko isnt nearly as athletic), and Niko was pretty darn good. You can never tell how these players will pan out. Hopefully he can prove me wrong
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 18, 2015 8:20 PM

Jan 2009
i look it up and looks like Porzingis is not good at ball handling, that may decrease his chances of being the main go to guy especially on isolation plays
Jun 18, 2015 8:20 PM

Apr 2013
Niko was also 23 when he finally came over here (he's 24 now). A few years to develop one's skills is a humongous difference these days. This is the big thing that NBA GMs look for is the age of the prospects and how far along they are in their projected development. GMs seeing Porzingis with these kind of skills and potential at only 19 years old is making their mouths water. He'll also have a lot more time to grow into his body being so young imo.

He is really skinny right now and relatively weak though, but he reminds me of a young KG with the fluidity of his movements and jumper. Not sure if he has the ball handling skills (I don't think so) but he is definitely a perfect P&R big in the new NBA. At 7'1" (possibly 7'2") with good length, ball-handling really isn't an incredibly necessary skill vs ability to finish the plays and hands. As you can tell, I am drinking dat Porzingis Kool-Aid atm but I don't think that he's established himself enough yet to be taken past the Big 3.
dankzelJun 18, 2015 8:25 PM
Jun 18, 2015 8:30 PM
May 2015
deanzel said:
he is definitely a perfect P&R big in the new NBA.
Yea this is so true. I have no doubt he will succeed offensively, especially in this era.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 18, 2015 10:17 PM

Jun 2008

HOLY SHIT!

Is this real?

Wow...I mean, the home unis are ok, but WTF is that other thing?

Seriously, that is NOT an NBA jersey....
Jun 18, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2012
TheDrones said:
He's your prototypical stretch 4, and reminds me of a poor mans Bargnani (with even less physical strength).
Defensively, he will get abused. He's too skinny to guard physical bigs in the post. He's late on rotations. He will need A LOT of time to get better

^These types of arguments against Kris have been killin me
---too skinny to guard people in the post......Who the hell does he have to guard in the post? (have you watched a game lately *there are practically no offensive post-game threats in the league -Even Anthony Davis is a Damn JumpShooter-)
There's literally like Blake, Boogie, Timmy, Aldridge, ZBO, - after that *who exactly would he be worried about guarding in the post - & depending on roster you could just switch him onto the other big, since most teams don't even use 2 Big lineups anymore

meanwhile on the offensive end, if he ends up playing the 4 (he'll have the height advantage every night, he looks to be a consistent FT shooter *which is a dying breed*, he finishes at the rim quickly *OMFG I hate how long it takes so many 4s & 5s to finish near the rim now-a-days*, as a European (he's probably pretty good at big-to-big passing which is a bonus as well

^ overlooking him would just be plain silly -- Personally, I'd go for him over Willy & Okafor anyday (but then again I wouldn't even waste a top 5 on Willy and Okafor....ehhh maybe, but I wouldn't want to)
thereisonlyoneJun 18, 2015 11:13 PM
How long will it last
Jun 19, 2015 12:06 AM

Jun 2013
JustALEX said:

HOLY SHIT!

Is this real?

Wow...I mean, the home unis are ok, but WTF is that other thing?

Seriously, that is NOT an NBA jersey....

FUUUUUTUREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jun 19, 2015 4:21 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like most of the uniforms in the NBA today are ass. There aren't too many legitimately good looking jerseys left in the league.
Jun 19, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2012
Draymond Green dunk AF roasting the Cavs'.
https://vine.co/v/eigmdeLFEKa
Jun 19, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
I feel like most of the uniforms in the NBA today are ass. There aren't too many legitimately good looking jerseys left in the league.

which team had the funny looking pyjama-style kit? was it the nets not sure :p
All credit goes to Sacred.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 110 111 [112] 113 114 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.