Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2014 11:50 AM
Mar 2010
It went anime original but it was still nice. I definitely liked this show. Its one of my favorites this season and I can't wait to read more of the manga. Volume 6 of the manga will be released soon, hope it sells well and gets a good boost thanks to the anime.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 22, 2014 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
One word describes this show: beautiful.
Season 2? Please?
Jun 22, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2012
kawaii-despair said:
I want season 2 focused more on romance.

totally second dat~~
i was hoping for a hug last ep but no ;__;
Jun 22, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Good finale to great series.I cared more about Shougo and Saki than Fujimiya and Hase tho D:
Anyways, i loved how heartwarming this series was.Artstyle and colors added an amazing atmosphere to everything - same with seiyuus, which were chose perfectly for their roles imo.
I would love to see some 10-years after sequel, or OVA about more Brougo and Saki.
Ah, and i never skipped ED.It was beautiful, both musically and visually

8/10 - we need more series like this.
Jun 22, 2014 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
All in all it was a decent show. Compared to the crappy anime we got this season I'd say this was the golden one out of the bucket.

Was it me or the backgrounds were more colored and lively than usual? it brought a really nice visual atmosphere.

The part where Hase runs after Fujimiya's mother showed up felt disappointing, making Hase look like a chicken and also Hase and Fujimiya never even shared a hug or anything of that matter, that also felt like a letdown to me because I expected to have at least an ounce of romance between them. Also no conclusion between Kiryuu and Saki's pairing , though at least they cleared a misunderstanding and that's something.

7/10
Jun 22, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2011
Now I finally see why "romance" is missing from the genres list. Anyway, a very good show indeed. Saki's just adorable :3
Jun 22, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
oooh what a sweet story n_n
Jun 22, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2010
Well.. That was anticlimactic, as expected for this series. When they started crying together I was like "finally something is going to happen." And then it didn't.

Pretty disappointed in this series as a whole. It was just really dull, and things changed and people grew but at the same time things stayed the same and people never changed. Glad to have finished it atleast.
Jun 22, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
It was teenage angst, which is a difference from the other shows this season I guess, but I hope the diary at the end doesn't mean there's going to be a second season...
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jun 22, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2011
Wrapped it up extremely well.
Another great job from Toho Animation. They are slowly climbing up in my top.
9/10
Jun 22, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2012
Cute,innocent,light hearted,will probably be overrated due to feel factors,forgettable series 6/10.
Jun 22, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2010
Isshuukan Friends was my weekly near-death experience for 12 weeks. Thanks, Brains Base.

9 Kaori smiles/10.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jun 22, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
"Even more I'd hate not being your friend. Even if I remember you, I won't be happy"

Ultra-friendzoned.
Jun 22, 2014 2:10 PM
Aug 2011
Friendzone ending as expected. 6/10
Jun 22, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2013
Really well done ending. I liked that it didn't force an anime original end in there. I loved this show at first, but really began to cool on it. This type of story would be better as a movie, because it loses its impact as the writer has to come up with reasons for the story to keep going. Certainly not one of my favorites of the season, but it was enjoyable enough. 7/10
Jun 22, 2014 2:19 PM
Jun 2014
Why Hase write something to his diary after ending? Maybe he also have problems with memory? : D
Jun 22, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
I am sad it's over, I want a new season soon!
The couples are so cute, it's all cute, it was one of my favorites from this season! 10/10!
Jun 22, 2014 2:32 PM

May 2012
Matshiro said:
Why Hase write something to his diary after ending? Maybe he also have problems with memory? : D

That is what I am thinking too.. Or he just want to make a diary too. Well, good series.
Jun 22, 2014 2:34 PM

Dec 2010
Well.. it was alright, I guess? Pretty boring most of the time though. 6/10
Jun 22, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2011
God damn that ending. The series was a masterpiece untill now. It really hurts to down the score to 9/10 after an episode I really liked. But this should NOT have been the last episode, period. I get it that the main strength of the show was supposed to be cuteness and innocence, but they got too far. Kiddy-kiddy ending, oh come on!

Yea, Im royally pissed.

/rant

rebelakuma said:
Matshiro said:

That is what I am thinking too.. Or he just want to make a diary too. Well, good series.

That diary is for Kaori to read, it was pointed out several times that not knowing what Kaori writes in her diary is a weak point. Now she has 2 sources to try to interprete/affirm lingering memories and feelings. Its a good idea.
And then they finished the show just like that.
Yea, im still raging about this halfassed ending.
Fuck.
AlexGKJun 22, 2014 2:44 PM
Jun 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2011
This was sooooooooo friggen cute.
Jun 22, 2014 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
The second show this season after Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou that ended without really having major romantic development. However, it was a nice ending, but still, I'd prefer a non-friendzone ending.
But the show was sweet, cute, calm and a good watch on sundays, and ShougoxSaki saves the day.
Jun 22, 2014 3:00 PM
Nov 2013
Yamagishi and Shougo scene was so cute, too bad there was no love confession. Same goes for Hase and Kaori, I'm really glad things are good for them (but no confession either!). Best scene by far was Kaori's mom saying her dad was going to call the police and if he saw them two together, probably an ambulance instead lmao.

But wow, this was a great show. I didn't expect much at first but it ended up being one of the best and most enjoyable shows of the season. 8/10 from me. OVA at least please?
Jun 22, 2014 3:04 PM
Feb 2013
Meh.
Unnaturally infantile.
Every time Hase-kuuun~~ said something, I just imagined hitting his face with a shovel.
That gave me the power to continue this series, hahah.
kcuf
Jun 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
I have a question
why stands it on MAL that the airing time to 23 June is, when it's aired on the 22 June at 8/9 AM

and I am sorry for my English, I am very upset right now...
Jun 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2012
I'm starting to like Saki and Shougo more, probably even more than the main characters.

I'm hoping for a season 2.
Jun 22, 2014 3:30 PM

Oct 2013
... so, after all that, THEY AREN'T EVEN TOGETHER? And what more, SHOUGO AND SAKI STILL AREN'T TOGETHER EITHER?! THIS IS SHIT.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 22, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2013
So at least, they didn't kiss. :(
It was still a fine series which I enjoyed throughout the season!
Jun 22, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
This show was very good but felt so short. I want more!

9/10
Jun 22, 2014 3:44 PM
May 2011
That's one hell of a fluffy series, sure was a good ride for me. 9/10

Can somebody tell me if they went for original ending? From what I've seen from raws and translated manga it seems that way, it's as if they just took relevant stuff from future chapters and wrapped it up nicely. But did any of the events from this episode actually take place in manga?

Still hope they make season 2 when the time comes.

P.S. Second romance with no kiss this season, there's still hope for anime industry.
Jun 22, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2011
I think the folks who talk about Hase being friend-zoned are badly misreading this. It's pretty clear that Hase and Kaori are basically a couple, even if they are still using the term special friends rather than boyfriend/girlfriend (which would be an excellent title for a couple of OVAs or episodes in a second series: "What is a boyfriend?"). Hence the overwhelming attention that was being paid to them by every other person in the class when they met for the first time after the winter break--since everyone else there seems to know where they are headed.

As for Saki and Shougo, you can write that one down as canon too. Shougo's comment, "I'm not going to baby you." is pretty much an acknowledgement and acceptance of Saki's plans for the future. This doesn't mean that I don't want to see a continuation of the series, and if the manga is following the relationship further I'd be happy to see a second season in a year or two, this time with a romance tag (I'm on the fence as to whether we should add it for this season, but since they didn't even get to hand-holding or a true confession, I guess we'll wait). It's unrealistic to expect the series to rush ahead of the manga, and for those who think this is going slow--I recommend a rewatch of Kimi ni Todoke so you can see what a slow romance really is...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 22, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
kawaii-despair said:
I want season 2 focused more on romance.

Couldn't agree more

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 22, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
Awesome series that was. Definitely one of my favourite of Spring. Good dose of feels and cuteness, a thoroughly enjoyable show. I'm for sure waiting for an announcement of a second season. Would like a bit more of Shougo and Saki too.
Jun 22, 2014 3:56 PM
May 2011
rodac said:
I'd be happy to see a second season in a year or two, this time with a romance tag (I'm on the fence as to whether we should add it for this season, but since they didn't even get to hand-holding or a true confession, I guess we'll wait)

Strange, if this is not romance, then what it is? One of the essential parts of the plot resolves around boy liking a girl. Wanted to use Hyouka as a relevant example, but found out, that it's also going without romance tag, lol. Still, I get how the romance tag can mislead the viewers.
Jun 22, 2014 4:12 PM

Mar 2011
I can't be the only one who screamed at their screen for them to KISSU KISSU when she's crying her heart out, wanting to be closer friends. Giver her something she won't ever forget Hase :3
Jun 22, 2014 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
It was a happy ending.

Fujimiya and Hase finally spend some good times together at this episode like eating crepes and going to the shrine.
Jun 22, 2014 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
I really love this anime everything about it even the ending. I know that half the audience was probably thinking "wow, I wanted them to hook up for a conclusion" but I don't think this is the type of anime that would rush to do it. To me, this is a very good story about friendship not romantic relationships. We have characters acting true to their personality to the end and they were more concerned for each other then themselves. Yeah Hase's motives to be friends with Kaori was just because he likes her but through the course of the story, he realized that keeping a strong friendship with her is more important then that and I think thats a great example of what love can be. (sorry for being cheesy) So props to the show. I enjoyed the heartwarming and blood pumping moments that it gave and its true characters which I haven't seen in a long time.
Jun 22, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2014
Great ending to the series.
this series was definately 'cute' and heartwarming.
Although a second season would be nice, I am still happy and content with just as it is.
Jun 22, 2014 4:49 PM

Apr 2012
forever friend(-zoned)

Series end *scattered flowers

7/10

Great OP/ED
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 22, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
rodac said:
I think the folks who talk about Hase being friend-zoned are badly misreading this. It's pretty clear that Hase and Kaori are basically a couple, even if they are still using the term special friends rather than boyfriend/girlfriend (which would be an excellent title for a couple of OVAs or episodes in a second series: "What is a boyfriend?"). Hence the overwhelming attention that was being paid to them by every other person in the class when they met for the first time after the winter break--since everyone else there seems to know where they are headed.

I would agree 100% with you there. What exactly are people expecting? For them to leap into each other's arms and start snogging? That would be so jarring compared to the rest of the show and specially to the characterization.

One thing I really like is that they didn't do a magical 'oh memory problems fixed now' ending. They will have major issues to overcome as a couple (or 'special friends' if you prefer that) and it would take some pretty major work on both of their parts to make it work. Looks like they are trying with Hase now keeping a diary as well.

Overall I adored this show and it made me cry more than once. Absolutely adored the animation style and loved how the director made the use of silence which is very rarely done.

ALSO .. to the people who are saying this show is not a Romance they must have not a romantic bone in their body. After all it's a show about a boy and a girl overcoming issues and trials to be come 'special' to each other. There's nothing more romantic than that!
Jun 22, 2014 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
That awkward moment you forgot this wasn't a romance series...

Would've preferred if this had a romantic ending, nethertheless 7/10
Jun 22, 2014 4:58 PM

May 2011
Man. I watched 12 long episodes of drama, sweetness, hard work, and memories, and this kid is STILL in the friend zone.

Ah well. It was my fault for expecting a bit more of a conclusive ending with the word "friends" in the title. Time to hop on the Shougo and Saki shipping.

I was really impressed by this anime. It made my Sundays something I was really looking forward to. Even though the ending left a lot to be desired, I can't help but feel good about how happy I was watching this season.

5 is average, so 9/10; a very solid 9/10.
Jun 22, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2013
What is the definition of closer friends? That is what the ending would probably ask us. It would've been nice for Hase to confess once Fujimiya started to cry about how she wanted to be closer to him. The story development was amazing and it was still a great way to end off the season. Hopefully, there'll be a season 2 with more romance
Jun 22, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
chthonianghost said:
... so, after all that, THEY AREN'T EVEN TOGETHER? And what more, SHOUGO AND SAKI STILL AREN'T TOGETHER EITHER?! THIS IS SHIT.

Cant agree more.
Dropped.
Oh, wait...
Jun 22, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2014
Hase is an annoying MC i would have enjoyed the show more if it was shouho and saki. At the end of the day it was a good anime solid 7/10
Jun 22, 2014 6:03 PM
May 2014
wait wait what was with the diary thing? it almost made it seem like he was the same in some way. im probably over thinking it but i wonder
Jun 22, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2013
Aw it ended :(. It was a great series overall, with charming characters, op and ed music, and the emotional impact for these characters. Though it could of been more better if it focuses on the side characters in a couple of episodes.

9/10

Jun 22, 2014 6:10 PM
Mar 2014
They should just make a spin-off with Shougo and Saki. Hase was annoying in some episodes but it seems that at the end he managed to pull off the friendzone that was expected since ep 1. Overall was a 8/10
Jun 22, 2014 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
Nice ending but Yuuki ate the wrapper
Jun 22, 2014 6:38 PM

May 2010
This series was great, So sweet, innocent and KAWAII. ♥
The 2 main characters were just too cute.
I am really hoping for a season 2!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

155 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.