Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked it very much! I wish there were more...
Jan 25, 2010 5:41 PM

May 2007
A nice show, not deep at all but about the two leads.

I wish there was more too, but still 8/10.
My anime list
Jan 26, 2010 2:02 PM

Jun 2009
being able to bond with the characters is what makes a show attractive in my view. There's not much to Kazemakase Tsukikage plot-wise but it's still better than a whole lot of animes I've seen out there. I had a jolly time watching it - it's another one of those underanked animes I suppose.
Feb 8, 2010 6:30 PM

Dec 2009
A pleasant anime. Probably the first time I was contempt with an anime which has no real ending.
Sep 7, 2010 8:58 AM

Mar 2010
ya great anime

wherever the wind takes us

Ran; and meow will be missed

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 11, 2011 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
nice anime i finally watched it in one go but ive seen random episodes of this back in animax-asia
May 3, 2012 6:52 AM

Aug 2008
Well I feel like the last episode gave some closure for Ran, explaining her Journey. Maybe she can settle down at some point, now that she see it's virtues.

Mao? I guess she just likes being free under the sun looking for a hunky man.

Mao > Fuu [Samurai Champloo] Way better.
Jul 18, 2012 1:42 AM

May 2008
Pretty decent series, it wasn't particularly amazing but it was kinda charming in a way and it was short enough that the formulaic nature of the episodes didn't get too repetitive. 6/10
Oct 11, 2013 11:41 AM

May 2008
This anime is underrated! The animation was really good, especially the fighting scenes! It could be even better if they added more action though. 8/10
Dec 2, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Very surprised that I liked this as much as I did. No real plot to speak of but I did not mind. both leads were interesting enough to carry the all of these episodes.

Solid 8/10.
Mar 21, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2010
Aww...this is better than I was expecting. I was hoping they would give more information on Ran on the last episode but I guess this is okay too!
May 18, 2015 8:21 PM

Mar 2014
This anime was love at first sight for me. As an avid Kenshin fan it was wonderful to find a samurai show with such lovable characters. Every episode was fun. Also Ran has an awesome voice. 8

<3
Mar 12, 2016 10:07 AM

Feb 2013
Nice ending.
Ran defeating her master and letting him go with the woman she loves.
Jan 26, 2019 1:19 PM

Nov 2018
The characters were likable. Light-hearted anime, despite being about martial arts and action.
Jan 26, 2019 8:23 PM

May 2010
Damn I'm almost 20 years late, wish there were more.
May 10, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
This was just decent samurai flick or rather very light entertainment show. It sure started quite solid but kinda loses its steam on the last couple episodes felt kind of same and very typical and most importantly it starts to get more silly and overall suffered from felt very limited storytelling that kept away from being special.

Also Ran's character never felt anything special to me at the end of the day and Myao's character was weirdly fun but one of her main episode (which dealt with her past) was little disappointing how it handled the overall stakes. And also most of the time some outcomes can get underwhelming to watch once one get used to how it mixes serious tone and comedy scenes at the same time. And the drinking sakes scenarios can get too old imo.

The music was very nice and memorable. Animation was fantastic especially the fight scenes and liked the art direction. Shame if this show was more than just drinking sakes and rather focus stories on more typical historical themes like we saw some of the earlier episodes then this show could been more special and easily recommendable.
May 30, 2019 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
great finale, always wanted to learn a bit about Ran.. sadly can't say the same for the whole series.

It was great at the beginning, feels a little unique with Ran and Myou's mannerism but as the series goes along, they really enhanced the worst part of either characters (repetitive "keshikarang" when she doesn't get what she wants - Ran; crazy annoyingly talkative without understanding her surroundings - Myou) and every episode story is pretty much the same with different character name.

also it's annoying to see that Ran / Myou complain about working to pay their debt because they had no money to pay for their food.. like dude you just ate without paying, isn't it normal to pay for it, they friggin filled your stomach smh. IDK where that entitlement came from but it's not cool

but well, it's pretty nice to watch an older series after so long, it feels incredibly nostalgic. Bring me back to the simpler days.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 25, 2020 5:29 PM
Dec 2014
Too bad this never got a second season!
Apr 25, 2020 6:46 PM
Dec 2019
I was sold from the opening song because I like enka. Stories are pretty barebones and they stretch out the comedic dialogue/reuse the same jokes but Ran and Myao are great, so it almost doesn't matter. Ran is my favorite samurai character in anime and one of my favorite characters overall. Her character feels so natural and human--- unlike other characters where the soft and badass characteristics are so far apart and dissonant, her personality is continuous.

It's not mindblowing, as everyone else says, but I liked it better than Kenshin and my enjoyment level is similar to that of Samurai Champloo.
Oct 17, 2020 3:12 AM

Feb 2019
A decent show unlike other anime every episode had it's own goodness filled with laughter, action, adventure it had it's own virtue to it always love seeing edo period Japan.

9/10 overall
Goatama-sanOct 17, 2020 3:17 AM
Apr 13, 2021 4:25 PM

Aug 2017
I accidentally watched the final episode as the second one months ago lmao. I said this: "Tsukikage broke his former master arm so he can't use the sword anymore. Now he can live a happy life with her girlfriend. Less action scenes this time, unexpected episode for me".

Sadly, this anime is repetitive in most episodes. They tried to do something different with a few episodes -Stephanie, Mei and Ran's Master- but I wish there was more variety in this anime. Not a bad anime, I just expected more. 6/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 15, 2021 12:19 PM

Aug 2018
Overall anime was all over the place, it felt.. It tried to be funny, it tried to be serious.. Did it manage to be so?.. I think that some serious stories were interesting.. I personally didn't like humor too much, it was whatever, I guess.. Well, alcohol culture isn't my thing, and lots of time was based on this.. In the end - did I enjoy this anime?.. Hard to say.. I like samurai stories, atmosphere of those times.. But also I haven't really watched that many of these kinds of anime.. So in the end, all in all, I liked the historical period, the world, you can say, and some of serious stories.. Some slice of life was whatever..
Feb 23, 2022 4:07 PM

Jun 2016
Oh, the final episode turned out to be about love, how appropriate. It's also the only episode to start with Ran and Myao falling out with each other.

Until Ran's fight with Junzaburo, I hadn't a clue what their relationship was with each other. Was it meant to be intentionally vague? He taught her everything from the sword to sake. Junzaburo is to blame for Ran's character. Damn him.

The series finished on a happy note. Mind you, it never truly went sad in the first place, so there was barely any change.

I wasn't a big fan of this series. The fight scenes were decently animated, although there wasn't a whole load of variety within them, and I believe some of them might have reused animation slightly. A budget issue, maybe? The soundtrack was catchy, but those sound effects were awful, and given the 2000's budget, the background art was well done. As for everything else, well, it's a mixed bag.

I think a remake of this series could be interesting. Something with a linear narrative as opposed to episodic storytelling. And if it was to happen, for the love of God, don't give Myao so much dialogue, hehe.
A-Simple-SquireFeb 23, 2022 4:22 PM

Feb 19, 10:41 PM
May 2020
What a wonderful take on the classic Manzai.
I hope someday Madhouse creates an updated version of this show taking a closer look at the social political sexual POV of female martial artists.

I pity sake without an owner.
Now what would two women want with a Geisha?
Just give me moe of this series! Gobo Gobo!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 3 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 5, 2010

8 by alpo42ab »»
Dec 24, 2023 11:51 PM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 1 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 4, 2010

16 by EmperorKaido »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 6 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 5, 2010

6 by AGiantWeeb »»
Nov 15, 2022 8:40 AM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 12 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 6, 2010

4 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Feb 23, 2022 3:26 PM

Poll: » Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran Episode 11 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 6, 2010

4 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Feb 23, 2022 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.