Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2014 2:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, Yuzu in a duel this episode. I'm not really a fan of hers when it comes to dueling but I think she is at least trying her best. We get some warrior type monsters this episode although I wasn't very impressed by them, neither am I of Yuzu's skills...

The thing that I really liked this episode is Synchro Summon. Holy shit, I haven't seen this since 5d's. Excellent, I need to rewatch some of the older episodes again since this was quite nostalgic. Great episode overall. I'm still very happy they bought back this concept.

Jun 15, 2014 1:56 PM
Jun 2011
yuzu battle was short but she gave a good fight and could continue if not missed the action card
Jun 15, 2014 3:50 PM
Sep 2012
That action card. Fail. Yuzu's father chose the wrong field... >.<

X-Sabers ! Deck was so good back then in 2010... Nice to see them again !
Jun 15, 2014 10:52 PM
Jun 2011
yes he chose wrong field for her dual also it just my guess but i think this dual between the sword guy will not end this "war" between you show to lds
Jun 16, 2014 10:06 AM

May 2013
Gem-Knights and X-Sabers?! Sucks that Yuzu lost. Gotta love them X-Sabers though. Loved playing this deck back in the day when it was good.
Jun 16, 2014 10:31 AM

May 2013
This is getting kind of ridiculous with Yuzu and that guy, though. He saved her from no actual danger and now she has visions of that guy and sees Yuuya as him all the time like it was some life changing meeting with her long lost brother.

Even for anime logic standards Yuuya doesn't even look remotely like him and has a different voice. If she applied some common sense to the situation she would've also noticed that Yuuya could've never changed his outfit and complete hairstyling in the time that guy disappeared and he appeared. There is nothing to be conflicted, confused or doubtful about here... I don't understand what the point of this is really.

And here I was hoping for a cool duel and seeing some different cards from her. -_-

Also... who would ever agree to those unfair conditions for these duels in the first place?
I would've said "Okay, our duel school is yours if we lose... but if you lose LDS belongs to us."

Not only would that be a fair condition instead of winning nothing at all since the blame they want to put on Yuuya is fake anyway but if LDS was theirs they couldn't blame Yuuya to have had a duel with his 'now' schoolmate in a duel school if they still would want to go through with the whole thing.
DancingJackJun 16, 2014 10:45 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 16, 2014 12:43 PM
Apr 2013
Even though Yuzu lost she still did well with her only turn (stupid reflection) but it was actually pretty good with that little hope they gave you. Also they are doing the pyschological part of yuzu decently and better then I anticapated.

I hate all people that use X monsters and the constant summoning that those cards do, I hope they get crushed
Jun 16, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2012
Yuzu had a pathetic match unfortunately. Dem X-Sabers though, such nostalgia.
Jun 16, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2009
DancingJack said:
This is getting kind of ridiculous with Yuzu and that guy, though. He saved her from no actual danger and now she has visions of that guy and sees Yuuya as him all the time like it was some life changing meeting with her long lost brother.

Even for anime logic standards Yuuya doesn't even look remotely like him and has a different voice. If she applied some common sense to the situation she would've also noticed that Yuuya could've never changed his outfit and complete hairstyling in the time that guy disappeared and he appeared. There is nothing to be conflicted, confused or doubtful about here... I don't understand what the point of this is really.

And here I was hoping for a cool duel and seeing some different cards from her. -_-

Also... who would ever agree to those unfair conditions for these duels in the first place?
I would've said "Okay, our duel school is yours if we lose... but if you lose LDS belongs to us."

Not only would that be a fair condition instead of winning nothing at all since the blame they want to put on Yuuya is fake anyway but if LDS was theirs they couldn't blame Yuuya to have had a duel with his 'now' schoolmate in a duel school if they still would want to go through with the whole thing.

Yeah I agree with you about Yuzu. She's not using any common sense whatsoever. Everyone knows that Yuya can't Xyz Summon, so why continue this ruse... I like to see the Gem-Knights in the duel. I've played them myself, so it was awesome to see them in action. I like when the Synchro user synchro summoned. SYNCHRO SHOKAN! Now THAT brings back memories!
Jun 16, 2014 2:50 PM

Feb 2014
Yugioh female characters sure are unlucky they are getting trolled too often.
Still Yuzu put a good fight.
Im getting kind of tired of all these posing I mean if it would on Jojos level it be cool but they just say the same thing over and over again.
Yuzu x Yuya shippers must be happy after this ep.
Jun 16, 2014 3:05 PM
Sep 2012
Yuzu has predicted was the jobber here to set up the rubber match. I am disappointed, that it was over by the half way point, can at least give her a whole episode.

I don't know what is going to happen next, Yuzu loses, but this comedic relief character might get to save the day and win the big match? Unless the bad guys win, which I kind of hope, it would show that the plot is going to move fast. Which is good. If they lose the school I blame it on that traitor Sora, who first of all towards the end was rooting against Yuzu which I thought was because he wanted to duel, but than he chickens out and leaves in the hands of the comic relief character. Which is the equeverlent of leaving the fate of universe in the hands of Tetsuo in Zexal.

I liked the Fusion girl more than I thought I would, she actully had a couple of funny lines like notice the shipping moment, or telling her teammate not to lump her in with him. Less bitchy than I thought she was going to be.

I liked all three of these opponents, I hope they become secondary allies when the real villains show up in the next arc or the arc after that.

Looks like from the future episode titles, the match wll be a draw, or LDS will win an agree to give Yuuya one more chance.
blfanJun 16, 2014 3:14 PM
Jun 16, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2011
Gem Knights and X Sabers : 0

Man Yuzu got destroyed. Short duel T__T

Aww Yuya x Yuzu moment

Sora left and Gongezeka has to duel the Synchro Duelist!!

Was expecting Fusion vs Synchro > ; 0

I have no idea if he can beat that duelist. Maybe the match will get interrupted.

Reiji is still watching though : 0
Jun 16, 2014 11:11 PM
Jun 2011
anyone noised the team rocket refrence when rejji mom and yuzu dad did the action dual intro with her trow blue rose?
elior1Jun 16, 2014 11:19 PM
Jun 17, 2014 11:46 AM
Jun 2014
Really happy to see some synchros and more fusions (even though it was short).

I'm honestly kinda hoping the X saber guy will win though, or maybe a really close draw, because those LDS guys are supposed to be the top students... (or maybe I'm just biased towards synchros, haha)
Jun 17, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2010
Episode was okay. I'm really upset at how they are trying to mess up Yuzu's character though. They start off giving me hope that they won't make her just another female side character, but now I'm not so sure. And they made her completely void of common sense. I would say something on that topic, but DancingJack covered all the points.

FFS, would it kill them to make a main female character who can actually duel? And I mean really duel. Kind of like Mai, or Alexis, or Akiza, but better.

I kind of want LDS to win. It would be a nice surprise, and could make for a more interesting story.
Jun 18, 2014 3:48 AM

Mar 2010
Yuzu is not just another female side character. She's a violent slapstick bitchdere. Creators are introducing young kids to otaku female stereotypes

Also wtf? Is Plymeriztaion banned in that timeline? Why are they surprised by the most basic fusion summon rules like using tribute materials in your hand?

Also I'm a bit pissed how stacked everyone's decks are
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jun 18, 2014 10:19 AM

May 2013
WhisperBit said:
Also I'm a bit pissed how stacked everyone's decks are

That's the other thing I really dislike - It's like every character has only 10 different cards in his deck that he draws in exactly the same order every duel.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 19, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
I think Im going to mess around with my gem knight and x saber decks for a little while on ygopro. I hope Gon-chan can get out Ben Kei.
Jun 20, 2014 6:39 PM
Jan 2011
Really enjoyed this episode! Unlike in ZeXal, each of the characters actually has a purpose/funny thing that they do, and are not replaceable. Even the LDS kids had some funny moments.

Also, we all knew that Yuzu was going to lose. Its a 2/3 match victor takes all, and we all know that the creators always want to give each character a chance to duel. Granted, they needed to end the game fact, because she drained her entire hand for that one Mozart play, and would not have had a serious follow-up given her current state. I just hope she learns fast that her psychic premonitions put her beloved duel school in serious shit. My favorite part of the episode, other than the massive synchro summoning, was when Gem Knight girl calls Yuzu out, before proceeding to kick her ass into next week! I love Yuzu and all, but someone needed to tell her how it is.

I absolutely LOVED seeing Gem-Knights and X-Sabers! Actual Real-world archetypes that many of us know and love, getting their screentime for the FIRST TIME EVER, and in full competitive fashion, no less! Now THIS is what brings on the SHIVERS!!!
Jun 21, 2014 1:14 AM

Nov 2012
I like that Gem-Kight girl. Also, as predicted, that kendo kid was running the X-Sabers.
Jun 22, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2009
MaikShin said:
Episode was okay. I'm really upset at how they are trying to mess up Yuzu's character though. They start off giving me hope that they won't make her just another female side character, but now I'm not so sure. And they made her completely void of common sense. I would say something on that topic, but DancingJack covered all the points.

FFS, would it kill them to make a main female character who can actually duel? And I mean really duel. Kind of like Mai, or Alexis, or Akiza, but better.

Yuzu's character still have a lot of chance to develop. Remember that Yu-gi-oh is 100+ ep series. She has potential to be great female lead.

In futue ep. preview text...
Jun 24, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
OMG! at how Zexal episode discussions were so empty (even in the last and best chapters)

And now look at ARC-V episode discussions, 2 pages!! wow, that's really an improvement.
Feb 12, 2015 7:54 AM
Jun 2013
DancingJack said:

All facts.
Feb 12, 2015 7:59 AM
Jun 2013
"Fusion user" sounds funny and cool at the same time. As a musician I can definitely appreciate Yuzu's deck. In fact, I love it! But again with depleting someone's whole score in one turn...I'm tired of seeing it already. A good duel is back and forth and seeing players score go down gradually, not all at once.

I'm also curious as to how Yuuya keeps his jacket up like that. And Sora got some nerve talking so high and mighty but not actually dueling. He's cocky why? Has he even won a duel on screen yet?
Mar 10, 2015 2:52 PM

Feb 2012
DancingJack said:

All of my this. Getting real sick of Yuzu's shit.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
May 13, 2015 5:07 PM

Apr 2007
Yuzu is over thinking this whole "two Yuuya" thing way too much geez. It looks like the best girl is not the main girl once again. Dat hair flip <3
Dec 23, 2015 7:24 AM
Oct 2009
Hmm... too sad that yuzu has lose this duell. :(
The yuyaxyuzu moment was cute though. ^-^
Apr 23, 2016 3:31 PM
Mar 2015
Yeah I knew Yuzu was going to lose the duel. I swear the only female that was as strong as the main character was Akiza from 5D's. I don't hate Yuzu, but this was probably the worst duel she had...
Jul 31, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
Awww, I hoped Yuzu would use her Melodious like the real life deck, aka summoning Aria and Elegy to make them all undestroyable. That would've been a better duel :/ X-Sabers were cute tho
Apr 21, 2019 7:22 AM

Feb 2014
An actual duel without action cards bullshit for once, sucks Yuzu had to be the one to get a loss, hope she gets to actually win a match in the near future.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.