Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, an episode with some bittersweet moments.

The story of the snake and monster had some symbolism to it. The talk about the new world was kinda interesting I guess.
Jun 7, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't expect that CG opening.

Why SHAFT?
XushuJun 7, 2014 8:32 AM
Jun 7, 2014 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
It was really bad, Shaft does not make a good job in this adaptation
Jun 7, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2012
http://www.mekakucityactors.com/story/09.html

Act. 10 - Imagination Forest
Act. 11 - Otsukimi Recital
Act 12. Summertime Record

This is surprising.
XushuJun 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Jun 7, 2014 8:40 AM

Jun 2013
The episode is great and amazing! With the exception of the OP animation lol.

Btw, they updated the anime site.

act 12 is not Children Record, it's Summer Time Record.
UitchouJun 9, 2014 1:53 AM
Jun 7, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2012
That CG really caught me off guard.
Jun 7, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
What the actual fuck was with that opening...
Jun 7, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
This is a joke right?
Jun 7, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
The thing that irks me is ppl blaming shaft for the direction this is taking. Blame it on Jin
Jun 7, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
That CG, the scenes would had been nice to see in normal animation.
Ayano as a child! Her sudden change when her mother said that she liked the picture book! :3
Lots of childhood stuff!!!
All those things with the snakes and queen snakes... dream serpent and the monster making a separate world where she grants children powers. Can't say I am not confused... not too good with grasping information like these xD
Still Ayano's dad having powers and a split personality!
Shuuya's crossdressing as Ayano!!!
Wow, so they knew where Ene's body was. I like the current Ene more though.
The story is somewhat sad for the monster and Ayano.
Who is the queen!!! Interesting level + 9000 :D
Jun 7, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2012
WTF was with that opening?

Other than that opening I have to say this was a pretty good episode. Love how this episode really focus on Ayano. We got to know a lot things about her. Also her mom knew a lot about the monster. The dad was creepy as hell. Love how they made Kano tell the story to Ene. That ending was unexpected. I was wondering where Ene real body was. Seems like Mary is the queen. Can't wait to see the next episode.

4/5
Jun 7, 2014 11:16 AM
Jan 2013
The opening certainly is a disappointment but what I loved is how they put everything together. I mean
TyrelJun 8, 2014 1:12 AM
Jun 7, 2014 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
I swear I felt like I was watching RWBY/Knights of Sidonia or something for the opening cg lol... decent episode, we are nearing the end. Can a well versed fan tell me what happened this episode?, its like every week I sorta understand what happened and then wham new stuff that confuses me even further ><...
SalmonSandwichJun 7, 2014 11:24 AM
Jun 7, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2012
Surprised with that OP. So Ene found her body. Marry is the queen snake perhaps?

Makes me want to listen to the songs and read the manga to further understand the story.
Jun 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2010
Only complaint would be the stupid CG MV. JUST WTF!!!

The ep itself was pretty good.

Ayano is just tooo cute <3 Loved her giggle <3

Kano is totally jelly of Shintaro. He obviously had a crush on Ayano XD Didn't expect he spent a few days disguised as her going to school XD

Nice to know about Tateyama actually having something like a split personality and that it wasn't his real personality that did all those stuff ^^;

Interesting talk between Kano and Ene. AND WTF! How come he knows where her body is?!?!

Also loved the black and white scenes. Really awesome art.
Jun 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
Raniero said:

Act 12. Children Record

This is surprising.

They're not doing Summertime record or Outer Science?
No! Shaft
Recommend me an anime
Jun 7, 2014 11:34 AM

May 2013
Dammit Shaft and Jin! What's with that poor CG animation?! They better give the anime a huuuge fixer upper in the blu-rays, cuz sheesh.
Jun 7, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
why shaft WHY!!! all the kagerou fans are waiting for there favorite songs and you add weird stuffs the DESTROY the episode (mostly)

for real wtf with the animation???

my brother asked if thats anime or a new episode of rwby

(but if we cut 5 mintues from the start) it was o..k... episode
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Jun 7, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2012
That was a tale of two episodes. I dunno who thought that was a good idea, reminded me of Kingdom S1 lol.

The rest was quite good with the revelations and Ayano's path to despair.
Jun 7, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
Interesting animation for Ayano's song. But its Shaft so the they can do that I guess. This story just escalated quickly and I get to hear Ayano-chan again! :D

[b][u][size=130]For those who knows the original source materials:[/b][/u][/size]

I'm looking forward to how Shaft will wrap this up in the next few episodes! :D
Jun 7, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2011
The OP song was really great. The singer did a beautiful cover.
Jun 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2011
renzbiohazard said:
Raniero said:

Act 12. Children Record

This is surprising.

They're not doing Summertime record or Outer Science?
No! Shaft

D; I was looking forward to those two songs. The CG was very unexpected, but the cover was beautiful.
Jun 7, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2014
I liked this episode. :3

The CG was suprising, but the animation was smooth without the usual oddly fast camera angle changes. Loved the song!

Since Kano 'transformed' into Haruka when he asked Ene who the snake queen has, it could be Haruka/Konoha. But they showed flashes of Mary as well...hmmm. Interesting.

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 7, 2014 12:11 PM
Mar 2013
right... when i saw the op, i thought i watch wrong anime xD

but the scene before this eps ended was so greaaat~
Jun 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
Not a bad opening for this episode, though the animation was kinda lacking.
Marry is the Queen Snake eh? Saw it coming right from the start.
Ene found her body, I would freak the hell out if I saw mine before my eyes O__O
Jun 7, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2011
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT! That CGI opening sequence was the least funny joke I've seen in a while, it's like they really don't want this show to sell. I really hope they change it in the BDs.
Jun 7, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
Man, what was up with that CG animation at the beginning?

Well, aside from that, it was a pretty good episode. They were all so cute~ ^^ I guess they'll go in depth with Ayano's death in another episode, then.

Raniero said:

Act 12. Children Record

This is surprising.

Okay, that's interesting. No Outer Science? Well, this is a different route from the source materials, so...
And I'm guessing the Imagination Forest episode probably will talk more about Azami and the snakes rather than Seto rescuing Mary.

ThreePointer said:

[b][u][size=130]For those who knows the original source materials:[/b][/u][/size]

I'm looking forward to how Shaft will wrap this up in the next few episodes! :D

Jun 7, 2014 12:37 PM
Jan 2012
Just started the episode, had to hurry here and make sure I was the first to say it...

Mekakushidonia.

Back to watching the damn thing.
Jun 7, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
so im not the only one with a "wtf" face with the cg op
kanowhy do you act like an ass always??
that cliffhanger

damn cant wait
Jun 7, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Aside from the awful, AWFUL CG opening, and somewhat lack of animation for the most part, this episode was quite good! ^^

I loved going over Ayaka's notes, and finding out more stuff about the snakes. Heck, even for someone familiar with source material like me, I found out some new stuff! And the imagery of Azami and the snakes in those scenes were beautiful, even if they were an excuse not to animate anything.

I rather like Kenjiro when he's 'Kenjiro', the Seto-Kidnapping was funny. "I'll turn this boy into glasses too!!" XD

And I like the Kano-Ene scene at the end. :3 Finding out more stuff was great, especially about the Clearing Eyes Snake. That is one slimy little snake... But the way it works and its plans are really rather fascinating. ^^

And we all know who Clearing Eyes Snake-san becomes, don't we?

TAKANE HELL YEAH! *-*

Tsukihiko...! :'(

Also, I need my weekly dose of Haruka/Konoha goddammit. Where is that kid? I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms here!
Jun 7, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
What's up with that appalling CG!?

Ayano was pretty cute, at least as long as she wasn't made off underwhelming CG.

The second half of the episode actually pleasantly surprised me, which doesn't say much as my expectations already hit rock bottom a while ago. Nonetheless, I liked the atmosphere towards the end.

Things are finally falling into place and it's starting to make some sense.

Definitely interested in seeing how this will be wrapped up and hopefully at least the last few episodes will be able to deliver.
Jun 7, 2014 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
CGI during the song was atrocious...but the song itself was pretty good.
Otherwise,pretty good episode.
Jun 7, 2014 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode, besides that awful CGI in the opening.
wow gay
Jun 7, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
Maybe Tesagure! Bukatsumono wasn't that bad after all...
Jun 7, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Sh*t, I just realised something here. Could be due to speculation however.

Kenjiro's snake only comes into play at night.

And the two times we've seen Kenjiro's eyes go red is when that particular eye was in shadow. Like in the OP, as soon as the light from the window passes one of Kenjiro's eyes, it becomes red.

And when Kenjiro was with Haruka in the hospital, the side of Kenjiro's face that was in shadow was red.

... Sh*t, son. ._.
Jun 7, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
That abomination at the beginning was off-putting but the rest of the episode was alright
Jun 7, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Whats up with that CG , omg it looks like a bad attempt at mdd. ><
As for outer science, I really hoped it would be animated, but when I look back on it, what would it lead to? A mass murder by kuroha, and the end? I hope there will be a good ending to this series though, and who knows..

They might suprise with a season 2 all of a sudden, y'know? ono
Jun 7, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
...yeah, that CGI opening was really bad. Really, REALLY bad. At least the cover song itself was good. And the rest of the episode was good too. It's about time that they finally started explaining stuff. The eye powers and all.

As for the next few episodes. Imagination Forest? Not that I disliked the actual song...but it seems out of place so far into the series. Assuming it's going to follow the plot of the original Imagination Forest song.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering why they would do Otsukimi Recital. Or the only one disappointed that there's not gonna be Outer Science or Summertime Record.

At least there's Children Record?
Everything's gonna be daijoubu.
Jun 7, 2014 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
As someone who knew nothing of this story before the anime Mind Fucking blown
I didn't see any of this coming but it make sense i guess s
wasn't a bad ep enjoying this strange story so far i wonder how the rest of this is going to unfold
side note i like the art in that book XD
[/quote]
Jun 7, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2008
I like animation and idea for opening "Kogarashi Sentiment" from "Monogatari Series: Second Season", but animation for opening in this episode...
This could be better...

9 episode and I still wonder generally what's going on with this series?
Every episodes and I feel like every episode is just random episodes from random series...

But I like it :)
I don't really know what's going on,
but still I curious what's gonna happen in next episode xD
Jun 7, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2012
I guess I'm the only one who thought that the opening was fine? It had something cute to it with the song.
Jun 7, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Darcsen said:
I guess I'm the only one who thought that the opening was fine? It had something cute to it with the song.

I thought it was fine aswell... Maybe Sidonia no Kishi inoculated me to CG anime.

Although even at the beginning my reaction to CG anime wasent as extreme as I see some people's.

Every new episode is a puzzle piece.. still feels like a ton is missing.. and more questions all the time! :P
Jun 7, 2014 1:40 PM
Mar 2014
So we don't get to see Kuroha? T.T
I was hoping for Route XX D:
Jun 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah that OP ruined the moment for some reason.

So we get more on Ayano's story, there are lots of stuff from that notes that she read from her parents.

TBH 1st half I understand, but the ending stuff I don't really understand between Ene and Kano. Can someone explain to me on that scene between those two? I can't get it in my head.

OK episode but kind of confusing tbh

Jun 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Sep 2013
the animation at the beginning of the episode was weird but Ayano was so cute.

Jun 7, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2011
What the fuck Shaft? How could Akiyuki Shinbo give the green light to include this?

But hey, we get this too, so there's some compensation...

No more crap CG. I've seen some decent CG animation in anime, but knowing how Shaft botched this episode's opening, I'm not impressed. At least make the faces match the proportion and style of the two-dimensional animation...

I really enjoyed the scenes where Ayano read her mother's journal. Those illustrations were beautiful and reminded me of the Shinobu episode in the second season of Monogatari. Another plus was the story and music; the melancholic, mystery vibe works very well with the way the plot is going. I can't wait to get my hands on this show's soundtrack.
Jun 7, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2012
Raniero said:
I didn't expect that CG opening.

Why SHAFT?
The beginning part is shit.

The only reason I am watching this is for those 60 degrees head tilt. Yes, it's not 45 degrees anymore it's 60 degrees.

If I watch anymore I might develop neck problems.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Apr 2013
Are Shaft trying to fuck with us
Jun 7, 2014 2:42 PM

Jun 2013
That CG animation in the beginning was weird...

I'm starting to enjoy this the more now that they're explaining things
Jun 7, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
so marry is carrying the queen snake who is giving everyone their powers in the daze? also, what is the point of having the powers?

this episode did a decent job of explaining some things. the animation at the beginning was bad though. the cg ruined the opening and was obviously used to make things more "original" which shaft failed at.

there were lots of head tilts in this episode
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.