Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WHY IS KURUMI SO AWESOME?

Eh, we find out more about Miku's past which isn't all that pretty. In someways, I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. The action was okay I guess. Looks like Shido is trying really hard to save Tohka. Ellen being brutal like how I remember while Tohka is desperate to save him now. Quite a cruel world against Spirits sigh.
Jun 6, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Now it's Miku's turn to help Shido out in rescuing Tohka. Guess we get to see a little backstory on Miku, after an argument with Shido. Felt like she was in a tight spot for her music career. Origami still fighting, but Ellen is pretty powerful.

Shido's sword was pretty powerful, taking out those DEM soldiers. They finally got into Tohka's room, but F*** that ending scene, I wonder how they will wrap things up in the last episode.

Jun 6, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
it getting pretty crazy now but i do feel kinda bad for Miku for her past but now it look like everyone is in a tight spot now they got to save Shido and stop dark Tohka
Jun 6, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Ah, the writing in this show can be predictable and cliche, but it's awesome anyway.

So.... Miku was just standing there...next to Shido....not doing anything? It kind of just seems like she was just forgotten in that last scene.

Anyway, pretty good episode.

Oh, and does anyone know the chances of this getting a third season? I heard that it's unlikely, but can anyone confirm?
Jun 6, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
Learning about Miku redeemed her in my eye's and her not so aggressive childlike behavior is kind of cute. and basically DEM wizards are all psychopaths :P

Origami saving the day in her jury-rigged Infinite Stratos

WOW.......... that ending!!!!!! screw your cliffhangers now im sad I have to wait :(
Jun 6, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
So we learned more of Miku's past and looks like something bad is about to happen to Tokha.
Jun 6, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Okay.. Date a Live suddenly became even more epic... dang. I can't wait to see how this will end.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 6, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2014
Uh, very interesting cliffhanger.

So this season is already going to end, uff! e.e
Jun 6, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
First there was a lot of fan service... which i kinda liked... then it got really weird O.o
Then everything went to hell really quick... Kurami comes back at one point and she's cooler than ever... and then everything went to hell again and now it's really epic :o

Jun 6, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2013
That was interesting. Nice to learn about Miku's past. She probably should've have done something to stop Ellen as she was just standing there.
Jun 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2010
Learning about Miku's past did nothing to improve my opinion of her, I still find her highly irritating. Well, one episode left.
Jun 6, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
Just Damn it... Just Wtf? A back to back cliffhanger? O_o
I wonder how they would gonna end this? Maybe an Happy Ending when everybody (Shido's Girls and Allies/Friends) was safe then making an OVA or two...

But I don't know if this will get another season in a year... But maybe the Novel was enough for another 10 episode Season...
But It seems to be impossible now unless the Novel will end already.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 6, 2014 12:26 PM
Jan 2014
The drop in animation quality is still present. Not the end of the world though.
Kurumi is continuing her rampage against DEM.
I can't believe Miku showed up to help Shidou save Tohka.
She is still very stubborn though, I guess taming her would be even more difficult than I thought.
Regardless, both of them make their way up to Tohka, with the help of Sandalphon and Miku's voice.
Jessica is insane, she and Ellen double teamed on Mana, good thing Origami showed up.
The battle between Ellen and Origami was decent.
Isaac is even more insane than Jessica.
Can't believe Miku just stood there while Shidou was being pierced by Ellen's sword...
What in the world has Tohka done?
Jun 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
This has been a pretty good buildup to the season finale next week. I've actually really enjoyed this last arc (waaaaaay more than the Hurricane sisters arc). It is much more than the conquer one specific spirit format that they've used so far and combines all sorts of different elements. Miku is definitely one of the more interesting spirits that has been introduced so far (obviously no where near Kurumi though). Her history was darker than I expected. I thought it was just going to be a regular lost popularity type of thing. If things end well in the next episode, I definitely wouldn't mind for the "Dating" to continue.
Jun 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
Is it just me or something is wrong with the animation?
Dang this season is really going to end,10 episodes aren't enough. Not enough Kurumi.
Jun 6, 2014 12:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kurumi continues her assault on the AST and Bandersnatch units. She's as epic as ever.

Miku helps out Shido for once. Not sure if she's trying to act tsundere.
Her past was quite sad. Media World can be cruel sometimes..

Liked how Shido and Miku's conversation remained uninterrupted as they attacked while continued to talk. Quite funny in a way!

Origami fought well against Ellen, considering her armor & equipment were inferior.
Wonder how Mana is holding up against Jessica. She was quite insane.

A menacing aura arises around Tohka as Shido seemingly dies.. This won't be pretty.

Good episode. Issac and Ellen needs to die by next week. -.-

Jun 6, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
It was nice to now somthing about miku's past
and this ending wow can't wait for the 10th and last episode

:D
Jun 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
You know for the last few episodes i thought this is where they would sink the animation budget but...... It is seriously getting worse i think this episode is the worst it has ever been and it was very distracting.

There were scenes when they were talking and their lips were not moving, the scene at the end where Tohka screamed her face was not even synced up with it. There were times when they were talking and they just very jarringly cut to a scenery shot of the tower (they used the same shot multiple times) just so they did not have to animate anything. They even added in a black censor bar for no reason other than they probably did not not even draw that part properly an example would be when Origami was fighting Ellen it did it on Ellen. Then sometimes the faces of the characters looked like they just had eyes and a mouth dumped on a face shape i noticed it on Miku. They were reusing action scenes and animation over and over and even did it right at the start with Kurumi fighting. There were so many jarring cuts because they were switching from the proper animation for the scene (which still looks like crap) to either a reused scene or a random scenery shot.

The list could go on and on how is this even acceptable? This is pretty awful and it is making everything feel off and sloppy which is sucking away enjoyment and it is even affecting scenes very strongly and ruining them. I just hope the blu-rays will have a dramatic improvement because this right now to me does not even look close to being finished and should not even be aloud to air.
DragoonDeusJun 6, 2014 1:25 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 6, 2014 1:21 PM
Jan 2012
I guess I'm not as big of a stickler for animation as most. I wasn't even bothered by it.
Jun 6, 2014 1:27 PM

Dec 2013
It's a shame the animation quality of this episode was terrible... i'm dying to see the next episode
The first requirement of being a hero isn't being right.It's being strong.That's why the hero always wins.

Maloween candies:

X11
Jun 6, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
So either they're going to wrap up the conflict in one episode or it's going to be a cliffhanger season ending. Neither seems very appealing to me.

I think Ellen's begun to annoy me more than Miku, who by the way, is still incredibly annoying.
Jun 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
That last soundtrack during Tohka's inversion was ... OMG ! Need a release !
Jun 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2011
And this is why S2 sucks:

[http://i.imgur.com/DIL5XIk.png] - What is this abomination ?
Jun 6, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2011
UnbornMVs said:

Yes thats what i meant when i mentioned about some of the face just being an eyes and mouth dumped onto a loose face shape and thats the exact scene of Miku that i was thinking of when i wrote about it. God it is ugly.....
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2011
Slicer22 said:
UnbornMVs said:

Yes thats what i meant when i mentioned about some of the face just being an eyes and mouth dumped onto a loose face shape and thats the exact scene of Miku that i was thinking of when i wrote about it. God it is ugly.....

Exactly , and they started raging when I said they are milking Date A Live.

Yes , this is heavy milking , doesn't matter that it's light novel material and it's not original, what matters is that the budget for this 10 EPISODES and i repeat 10 EPISODES series is so low and the animation quality dropped considerably compared to S1 I'm pretty sure they are going to make good money from it because heck , it's Date A Live.

This completely crushed my expectations i had before the season started.
Jun 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2010
Kurumi is <3 as usual :3

Miku just being tsun tsun and we finally hear her story. Shidou raised quite a few flags there XD Why the hell didn't she just control Isaac right away? Stupidity -.-

Good to see Shidou in action. He's finally being useful.

Well at least until he got screwed by Ellen from behind. Dark Tohka incoming!!

Let's see how this goes.

Obligatory rant about the QUALITY!! T_T
Barion-ZaraJun 6, 2014 2:09 PM
Jun 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Wut, Miku standing there doing nothing when he got stabbed. I could see the half-assed ending incoming, better don't get your hopes too high for it..
Keep moving forward
Jun 6, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
The Kurumis look like they are having fun. I wonder what the real on is up to?

Got some past for Miku, however, she didn't explain how she got spirit powers.

Oh shit what happened to Tohka :O

Bad animation quality this episode, but I'm looking forward to next week :D
12thKnight said:
So.... Miku was just standing there...next to Shido....not doing anything? It kind of just seems like she was just forgotten in that last scene.
Ikr my reaction was like 'Miku, mindcontrol that bitch Elen already!'
Jun 6, 2014 2:25 PM
Feb 2014
Ooh. This should be interesting :)
Jun 6, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2013
Meh, I guess Shido will save Tohka with "power of love" next episode, my only hope is Kurumi doing something bad and unexpected. >:<
Jun 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
So did the dude kill him there at the end or nah?
Jun 6, 2014 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
Shido got rek't m8
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jun 6, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
uran10 said:
Okay.. Date a Live suddenly became even more epic... dang. I can't wait to see how this will end.
Episode said:
It's a shame the animation quality of this episode was terrible... i'm dying to see the next episode
There were a lot of distorted faces..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
Miku still annoys me for some reason. Kurumi was awesome though.
So that guy is Ike or is it the woman he was talking about?
Also, there's only gonna be 10 episodes? Damn, I don't feel like that's enough to wrap this up without feeling rushed. I hope this isn't the end of the series because there's a few unanswered questions, mostly about Shido.
I'm sure Shido is fine and won't die that easily because his powers, though poor Tohka had to witness something so terrifying. Miku just stood there the entire time, I'm guessing she was scared.
penguindrum264Jun 6, 2014 2:53 PM
Jun 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2011
In the novels Miku was supposed to attempt to mind control Wescott then Ellen and it didn't work, but for some reason the anime cut that. So no she wasn't just standing there doing nothing! Tough episode to watch.. things are really getting good. But the animation continues to suck. So disappointing
Jun 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
wow 1 more ep left T-T
well shindou is i na bit of a pinch
Miku Y U NO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dammit
that cliffhanger 10 ep makes me a little sad T-T
[/quote]
Jun 6, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
Didn't like this ep at all, score goes down to 4.
Miku is such an uninteresting character, it's painfull to watch this show.
Jun 6, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Kurumi is badass and epic as always.

It was good to learn how Miku's past.

Miku should have stop Ellen instead of standing there.
Jun 6, 2014 3:15 PM
Apr 2014
Interesting episode and an awesome cliffhanger ending

But why the hell didn't Dragonborn do anything to help at the end?, she just stood there like a dumbass

very annoying...

Anyway next week should be great!
Jun 6, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2014
Getting worse my each episode, and i thought kurumi was enough for me to raise it from 5 to 6. That lazy animation though... back to 5 again date a live. Dissapointing :c

Jun 6, 2014 3:57 PM
Jun 2012
i guess tohka doesnt realise that she has a hostage too and why doesnt miku just control ellen.
Jun 6, 2014 4:17 PM
Mar 2014
damn that hot white haired motherfucker
Jun 6, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
Unbelievable. This season's ep 1 was the worst ep i have seen through this season and for the next 4-5 eps it was a descent but with those 2 last eps it escalated rapidly. Loved this ep, 1st time I take Tohka serious, the directors did good with this one. 5/5

Damn the way this show started i thought it would just be a haremish one all over again, but i really need to withdraw what i said about this season no being good. Also, the way this episode was executed made me want a 3rd season, which if you told me whether i would want one till last ep i would take it as a joke.I suspect a great cliffhanger and im not sure there is gonna be a 3rd season. If they could make one on par with this ep though, it would be awesome.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 6, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
Miku'll be like "FUS!"
Jun 6, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2013
The music during the fight between Origami and Ellen was pretty awesome.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 6, 2014 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
Kurumi is awesome. Tohka jsut went to the negative zone. The last episode have better give me a good impression.
Jun 6, 2014 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
Next week is the last episode already?? :(
why does life suck lol
Jun 6, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was awesome. Too bad the animation was pretty bad. Shido and Miku bickering at each other while blasting away all those DEM guards was hilarious. Though Miku's past did not seem pretty. Shido was once again a badass in this ep taking all those guards down on his own. I felt pretty bad for Tohka this ep. Westcott was an ass for giving her false hope when he released her and 'killed' Shido in front of her. Can't wait for the last ep next week with Inverse Tohka. Overall, this ep gets a 9/10. Hopefully the animation improves in the blu-ray.
Jun 6, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2014
I agree Miku's past is kinda sad, but that's NO REASON why she should act like a bitch 24 7. Dat clifthanger.....was intense. One more episode and this is over :(. Season 3 maybe :D ????
Jun 6, 2014 6:44 PM
Jan 2013
About time that phaggot died. I cringed every time he tried to act like a hero
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

142 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.