Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
May 19, 2014 11:39 AM
Feb 2014
AllTJAck said:
Caleb8980 said:
AllTJAck said:
Caleb8980 said:

Hmm? You are kinda mixing things a bit up here.

Warning: Do not open the spoiler if you have zero interest in physics ^^

Also im glad u feel the same about the discussion, an excersice of intellectual curriosity and the fact to me tat I can do it in the context of a something I watch and enjoy is a plus and for me makes me more interested in the show (and something I rarely get to do) :)))

Well it took me quite a while to answer this. Soz for that :D

Morridine said:

snip

O_O

I just have found a soulmate! :-D

Now a bit more serious:
You are making good points concerning their characters in your post. Especially how the ED shows how they really are and what they faced in their past.

Also the point about that you don't need a likeable main char in here. Actually I have to say that I respect the author for making human trash the main chars, not trash because they are shut-ins but because they have awful personalities.
This would take courage, seeing how nowadays 95% (exaggerated obviously) of all main chars are Mr. Nice Guys.
This btw doesn't mean I dislike nice MCs, but it is refreshing to have the opposite for once.
Caleb8980May 19, 2014 11:55 AM
May 19, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2011
Caleb8980 said:

O_O

I just have found a soulmate! :-D

Now a bit more serious:
You are making good points concerning their characters in your post. Especially how the ED shows how they really are and what they faced in their past.

Also the point about that you don't need a likeable main char in here. Actually I have to say that I respect the author for making human trash the main chars, not trash because they are shut-ins but because they have awful personalities.
This would take courage, seeing how nowadays 95% (exaggerated obviously) of all main chars are Mr. Nice Guys.
This btw doesn't mean I dislike nice MCs, but it is refreshing to have the opposite for once.

Thanks xD

I tried to understand if I liked Sora because I'm a girl loool. I mean it is possible that male watchers would dislike him more than females right? But nah. I can't really blame him for wanting certain things, doesn't look out of place in his case anyway. He enjoys having control over the game and that is perfectly logical and fitting. Plus I think Shirou is the "evil' one, in the sense that no matter how intelligent she is, she still lacks in terms of real life/real ppl experience... They say kids can be very cruel >.>

I really like their characters and the way the author picked their personalities too :> and I like how they go together
May 19, 2014 4:11 PM
Jan 2012
Sorry, I don't understand much Japanese, so can someone explain why they needed a piece of paper with empty-headed academic on one side, and Coulomb's force on the other. Couldn't they just write it down on the paper when the time came?

Also, I don't understand why Jibril assumed they would loose if they couldn't talk. There's other ways to write besides magic.

I feel like I'm missing something here because these questions are more or less about the same thing
May 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
WAY too much fanservice
May 19, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2013
Amar0k said:
Sorry, I don't understand much Japanese, so can someone explain why they needed a piece of paper with empty-headed academic on one side, and Coulomb's force on the other. Couldn't they just write it down on the paper when the time came?

Also, I don't understand why Jibril assumed they would loose if they couldn't talk. There's other ways to write besides magic.

I feel like I'm missing something here because these questions are more or less about the same thing

1. They're flying in the middle of space to their death. They don't have the time to just whip out a pencil and right the word down. Planning ahead.
2. Arrogance

May 19, 2014 6:34 PM
Oct 2012
Amar0k said:

1. The were in a vacuum, so they only had about 10 seconds before they passed out and died (like Steph did previously), meaning they wouldn't have time to write the word while at the same time the lack of oxygen was impeding his motor skills, also Sora was holding onto Shiro, so he didn't have two hands free even if they weren't about to die.

2. That was why Jibiril didn't think they could respond, they were out of time. But once Sora played his final card, the hypernova would have happened in about .1 millisecond, though of course it took longer to animate :-)

1c Why did Steph die earlier? both because she hadn't exhaled so the transition into vacuum nearly killed her, plus the siblings used a breathing technique to help them prepare for the vacuum after they were in the oxygen only environment.
May 19, 2014 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
Probably the best episode of 2014 anime calender. ^_^
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 19, 2014 10:32 PM
Dec 2012
Oh by the way I suggest that you keep Jibril's title, from when she was accepting Sora as her master, in mind -

For those which didn't read the LNs (original or translated) keep watching - the epicness will go on and on at least in those episodes that will be part of this season. Some things about Blank's origin will be explained (hopefully they will not cut this from the anime) and more games will be played. Stay tuned - you will not be disappointed.
May 20, 2014 12:14 AM

Apr 2014
lupadim said:
WAY too much fanservice

And you noticed this after 6 episodes? lol
May 20, 2014 3:17 AM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Normally I would agree with you, but I think there is a world of difference between shows that use fanservice because they have nothing else, and shows that use fanservice as a self-referential joke. I would put this show into the latter camp (Kenzen Robo Daimidaler is another example of this).

Self referential Joke, that's such a poor excuse. Face it buddy it's got excessive fan service whether people like it or not.
May 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2012
I knew this anime wasn't for me afterall. I knew I wasn't the target audience from the beggining (and it's clear as the sun who is the target audience).
Will pick it up when it's finished, and watch it in one sit, probably. Dropped.
May 20, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2014
Skyrim <3

This anime is great, ugh.. and the colors, so pwetty *-*

At first episode i was disappointed because i was expecting something similar to SAO, but i'm glad i continued, phew.
"Aurora, what is a home?"
"A place where you truly grown."

-Child of Light
May 20, 2014 12:08 PM
Oct 2012
Kimono_Kitsune said:
(and it's clear as the sun who is the target audience).

Could you clear that up for us, are you saying that the target audience are intelligent people who can both get and take a joke without getting the panties into a bind?

That was a very nice thing of you to say!
May 20, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
So... Jibril use some kind of unknown magic for her first word and not using it again throughout the whole game? Or am I missing something and somehow she can't use it because a word that Sora use?
May 20, 2014 1:14 PM
Feb 2014
doraemon1992 said:
So... Jibril use some kind of unknown magic for her first word and not using it again throughout the whole game? Or am I missing something and somehow she can't use it because a word that Sora use?

Well for 2 reasons: after Sora said Elemental Gallery, she couldn't use spells anymore and also just because she had already said it and saying it again would make her lose the game; you are only alllowed to say each word once ;-)
May 20, 2014 1:22 PM
Oct 2012
doraemon1992 said:

Removing her spirit circuits did weaken her magical powers, but she was still far stronger than Sora. However the important thing to understand is that Jibiri did not play to win, she assumed that she was going to win, even up until Sora's final move she was 100% confident of that fact. The reason she was playing was boredom.

The magic she used in the first round was not to save herself, but to save Sora so that the game could continue, Sora specifically confirmed that point. Most of the moves that Sora made after that, including the "nudity" scene were strictly so the game would be entertaining (and distracting) for Jibiri (which was why they had Steph playing).

When Sora played his final card the hypernova would have happened too fast for Jibiri to use her magic, and even if she could, losing her spirit circuits probably would have prevented her from being able to escape, but even assuming that she could have done something, I don't think she would have, because it would have been the same thing in her mind as losing.
May 20, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2011
That was ... freaking epic as all hell O_O I didn't really understand the game they were playing ... so they had to use a word that started with the last syllable in the previous word? Even without really understanding the rules, they started the game by blowing up the world and then ended with breaking physics and causing a hypernova.

Plus, I learned something today, as it caused me to look up 'coulomb force' to see why exactly that would cause a hypernova. Since that's the force that causes subatomic particles to repel or attract one another based on charge, that would cause protons and electrons to be brought together through gravitation. While I'm not a physicist OR an astrophysicist, that would certainly wreck havoc upon the physical universe. Whether it would cause a hypernova doesn't really matter; it was epic, so it happened.

Liked the fanservice too, even though by the time the girls got naked they had neither 'hooter nubs' (what a weird translation), or 'nether regions', so they all had Barbie doll anatomy. Sexy, in a slightly disturbing sort of way. Then again, anime often removes the yummy bits from naked females without any explanation whatsoever, so it was amusing that they gave a reason for none of them to have nipples or pixelated vaginas.

Fucking LOVE this show ... it had kinda slowed down a bit last episode, but that was probably the most epic game I've ever seen. Unfortunately now I have to wonder if the series has blown its wad already and everything from here is kinda a let-down (see the Saber fight from Prisma Ilya).
May 20, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
Ok this is too much...i can't stop loving this,each episode is getting better & better :D 10/10 <3
I don't even want to say nothing about how he won because that was absolutely fantastic.
Gosh that Angel <3 I love her omg!!! She is so cute & that voice <3 Jibril <3 :D And those wings :3 OMG
Sora have the same girl tastes like me,he prefere to see them too like i do (not naked but with stocking,shoes) x10000 better than just naked,i just love this guy,and those 3 were so hot omg <3 All 3,i can't even chose which was the best because there wasn't a Nº1,they are all amazing :D So hot,i can't so thinking about them ahaa ^^
They won and now Jibril belongs to him <3 yeeeees!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 20, 2014 3:01 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know how many times I rewatched this episode... Damn, it is so epic.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 20, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
Caleb8980 said:
doraemon1992 said:

Well for 2 reasons: after Sora said Elemental Gallery, she couldn't use spells anymore and also just because she had already said it and saying it again would make her lose the game; you are only alllowed to say each word once ;-)
Mmm, yeah, no, Sora never said "Elemental Gallery", or at least he never said that in the anime. All he erase is the spirit-something-circuit, but that only make Jibril lose some psychical ability like flying. And yes, I do familiar with the shiratori rules.

So, @Takuan_Soho too, that means Jibril is still able to use a lot of magic word that we will never know, like that barrier magic she used as her first word. From all the magic word she can use, nothing can save her from the inability to fly/breathe/explosion? She really did try hard to lose imo :D

Takuan_Soho said:
even assuming that she could have done something, I don't think she would have, because it would have been the same thing in her mind as losing.
In all due respect, I can't follow that logic. So, she wouldn't do something to prevent her from losing because it's the same as admitting that she lose?
May 20, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
doraemon1992 said:

Takuan_Soho said:
even assuming that she could have done something, I don't think she would have, because it would have been the same thing in her mind as losing.
In all due respect, I can't follow that logic. So, she wouldn't do something to prevent her from losing because it's the same as admitting that she lose?

Something called pride

May 20, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
kami_desu said:
doraemon1992 said:

Takuan_Soho said:

Something called pride
It's pride if she doesn't has anything to prevent her from losing and yet doesn't admit that she lose.
Not using what she has that can prevent her from losing is called stupidity...
May 20, 2014 3:27 PM
Oct 2012
doraemon1992 said:
In all due respect, I can't follow that logic. So, she wouldn't do something to prevent
her from losing because it's the same as admitting that she lose?

You have to think of it from Jibiri's point of view. Humanity was supposed to be lower than ants to her, so imagine you are playing a game with an ant, and the ant is about to defeat you, and the only thing you can do to win is to step on the ant, what does that really say about you? Would you really think that you "won" that game? Stepping on that ant would actually be WORSE than losing, because not only have you lost, but you actually threw your pride away to pretend otherwise.

Using magic to write a character is a far cry from using magic to win. He took away her voice, so all she was showing was that she could communicate without a voice. That was keeping with her policy.

Now again I don't think she had enough magic to stop a hypernova (since she mentioned that stopping the atomic bomb was her most powerful shield magic). I do think that falling into the Earth's core wouldn't have bothered her, and she showed that she really didn't need air to survive, but the hypernova was too much too fast for her to stop.

So again, I am only playing a game and assuming she COULD have used magic at that point. But to use such awesome magic would have been the same as stepping on the ant. She could have done it, but where is the pride in that?
May 20, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
doraemon1992 said:
In all due respect, I can't follow that logic. So, she wouldn't do something to prevent
her from losing because it's the same as admitting that she lose?

You have to think of it from Jibiri's point of view. Humanity was supposed to be lower than ants to her, so imagine you are playing a game with an ant, and the ant is about to defeat you, and the only thing you can do to win is to step on the ant, what does that really say about you? Would you really think that you "won" that game? Stepping on that ant would actually be WORSE than losing, because not only have you lost, but you actually threw your pride away to pretend otherwise.

Using magic to write a character is a far cry from using magic to win. He took away her voice, so all she was showing was that she could communicate without a voice. That was keeping with her policy.

Now again I don't think she had enough magic to stop a hypernova (since she mentioned that stopping the atomic bomb was her most powerful shield magic). I do think that falling into the Earth's core wouldn't have bothered her, and she showed that she really didn't need air to survive, but the hypernova was too much too fast for her to stop.

So again, I am only playing a game and assuming she COULD have used magic at that point. But to use such awesome magic would have been the same as stepping on the ant. She could have done it, but where is the pride in that?
Since when it's implied that by using a magic word, like the first barrier, hurt her pride as it's like she's stepping on an ant? She just said that she used it to further the game, but not implying anything that by doing so it means that she goes past her pride as a superior being. And no, I'm not talking about the magic that she uses to write, but any magic that may prevent her from losing, like flying magic? or we must assume that there's no magic that begin with the letter "A" or "E" that may help her to win? If yes, then I would close my case. But if no, then like I said, Jibril does try so hard to lose. =p

Oh, and she does need air, otherwise why would she said it? her downfall is that she doesn't know how oxygen is poisonous in low-pressure place (according to Sora anyway)

I can also arguing that she has time to write another word since she spend that so much time thinking back on how she loses. But then I remember that in animu/mango logic, a thinking process exist in different dimension with slower time hahaha
May 20, 2014 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
doraemon1992 said:
Since when it's implied that by using a magic word, like the first barrier, hurt her pride as it's like she's stepping on an ant? She just said that she used it to further the game, but not implying anything that by doing so it means that she goes past her pride as a superior being.

This is hard to explain because the animation never got that far (in that the Hypernova beat her), but I think you can imply it from the "hydrogen bomb". Jibiri did not cast the spell to save herself, she cast the spell to save Sora so the game could continue. That showed that the point of Jibiri was never "to win" (in that she had already "won").

Her goal was to force Sora into admitting there was nothing he could do to defeat her, to force him to admit she was infinitely superior. She didn't need to eat, she didn't need to sleep, she could have played the game for eternity if she wanted, all she had to do was to counter what she thought were Sora's pathetic attempts to defeat her. Eventually he would have to quit (even just to sleep), and in forcing that her victory would be complete.

The hydrogen bomb was not a threat to her, falling to the molten core was not a threat to her, whether or no the oxygen would have killed her is debatable, but I don't think it would have because even then she did not "respect" Sora. Even being put into a vacuum only caused her to "respect" him, but look at how easy she was able to recover and send the word back to him, this implied that she could have even survived that environment (at least for a while until the game was over).

But the hypernova was something different. For the first time Sora created something that could kill her, and she realized that he had been planning it from the start. For the first time she felt not only respect, but also fear (she even said as much, that humanity was a "frightening species"). When she thought that she didn't fight against it, she didn't struggle against it, but she closed her eyes in acceptance of that fact.

Now as I said from the beginning, I don't think she could have cast a spell to win, however given how she looked at that moment, I think that even IF she had a spell she wouldn't have used it. Because her goal had been to get Sora to grovel at how superior she was, but he has forced her to accept him as an equal. At that moment, regardless of what she could have done, in her mind she had already lost. That was why she had such serenity on her face.
May 20, 2014 5:15 PM
Oct 2012
I think I have a shorter way of saying it.

Jibiri never thought about winning or losing, when you are 120% sure you are going to win, the thought of losing never enters into your mind.

For Jibiri the only purpose of the game was to make Sora realize how futile even thinking he could win was. So for Sora to actually put her into a situation where she COULD actually lose was for her a defeat: the bomb, core, oxygen and vacuum were not enough to get her to think that she could lose.

This is where it is important to listen to what she was thinking during the vacuum scene: when she said was "so you are saying that I lost". The "you" being Sora. When she said that, she then flashed that huge smile on her face and she decided to show the wall that humanity couldn't break.

The wall she wanted to show him was that even IF he thought he had trapped her, she was still unfazed, that all his moves were useless, that there was no way to harm her, and that she could still easily reply, and there was nothing he could do.

Then he dropped the hypernova on her ass.....
May 20, 2014 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Could you clear that up for us
People with good humor I guess. Because I sincerely couldn't into NGNL sense of humor.
People who consider throwing a bunch of references smart. I'm probably different as I think it got old really fast and don't really see the appeal of it in general.
People into loli and imouto pandering. <- Subjective. I don't even mind the over-sexualization of Shiro so much (actually I do). But this is necessery to be part of the audience.
There's more, but I don't want to look like a hater.

Don't get the wrong impression, I can see why people can enjoy this, and I understand why people are giving out high scores such as 8, 9... But due to multiple reasons, I just can't find myself enjoying it, to the point I keep looking at the timer to see if it's over - and when that happens I think it's time to drop.
Anime that make the episode apparently be 5 minutes long, despite having actually 20 minutes usually make into my favorites. And with this one what happened was the opposite.
May 20, 2014 7:14 PM
Oct 2012
Kimono_Kitsune said:
Takuan_Soho said:
People with good humor I guess. Because I sincerely couldn't into NGNL sense of humor.

You know you answered earnestly so I really can't say anything in reply. It's a matter of taste, this isn't your taste, so you don't enjoy it.

Perfectly valid reason not to like it. I respect that you know that the "People into loli and imouto pandering" is subjective, not objective, I don't have the issue with the former opinion (tastes matter), do with the latter (because 9/10 they have a loli show they DO like).

Now I personally would say that the references, loki and imouto pandering are all self-referential humor (for instance the "arrow to the knee" reference not only referenced the game, but the "stop" referenced that the reference had jumped the shark), and as such are different from say "Infinite Startos" or similar shows, but that is a personal opinion not an objective opinion, and I will never criticize someone who knows the difference.
May 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
So basically the reason Jibril lose is because she underestimate Sora God-like thought process to the very end? I can take that, thanks for clearing that up
And if you think about it, not having oxygen may not kill her. When she uses her last word (that was written with magic), she still use an ineffective word (the educator one) even though she is in an airless condition. That means she basically choose to wait for Sora to receive the 30-sec penalty or pass out, hence we can assume that she doesn't need air because she choose to wait instead of going for offense. But that also means her move to enable air is actually another attempt from her to save sora and prolong the game!! Holy shit, again, Jibril does try sooooo hard to lose that game hahaha
you know, either that or Jibril is just really stupid despite supposedly being a knowledge God...
May 21, 2014 12:03 AM

Oct 2013
Why their memories not undone?
May 21, 2014 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
doraemon1992 said:
Caleb8980 said:
doraemon1992 said:

Mmm, yeah, no, Sora never said "Elemental Gallery", or at least he never said that in the anime. All he erase is the spirit-something-circuit, but that only make Jibril lose some psychical ability like flying. And yes, I do familiar with the shiratori rules.

So, @Takuan_Soho too, that means Jibril is still able to use a lot of magic word that we will never know, like that barrier magic she used as her first word. From all the magic word she can use, nothing can save her from the inability to fly/breathe/explosion? She really did try hard to lose imo :D

Takuan_Soho said:

1 - He did say Elemental, and that was right after Jibril used her spell. The translator simply went full retard on the game's words is all. All the Elemental Jibril had was what constituted as her, meaning, that all she had in her was enough for her to survive, but little more. Had she used any spells in that state would have killed her. (don't know hoe fast, since there hasn't been an explanation as how a Flugel dies, when starved of Elemental, but I1d imagine something simmilar to being bled out).

2 - And as I said before, her using any spell to protect herself would have probably resulted in her killing herself. (eg - Elona Overcasting)
May 21, 2014 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
Kimono_Kitsune said:
Takuan_Soho said:
People who consider throwing a bunch of references smart. I'm probably different as I think it got old really fast and don't really see the appeal of it in general.
People into loli and imouto pandering. <- Subjective. I don't even mind the over-sexualization of Shiro so much (actually I do). But this is necessery to be part of the audience.

Don't get the wrong impression, I can see why people can enjoy this, and I understand why people are giving out high scores such as 8, 9... But due to multiple reasons, I just can't find myself enjoying it, to the point I keep looking at the timer to see if it's over - and when that happens I think it's time to drop.
Anime that make the episode apparently be 5 minutes long, despite having actually 20 minutes usually make into my favorites. And with this one what happened was the opposite.

I share your sentiments, I just find it really hard to see what makes it so unique though.
The Ledouche NEET wish-fulfillment characters? Oh boy, we haven't had enough of those in recent years.
The fanservice? Just the usual stuff we get every season.
The "humour" aka references? Yeah, standard as well.
The colors/filters? Ok, I admit that it looks a bit different. But so do Jojo, Ping Pong, Sidonia and a few other series this season and the seasons before - actually, they actually have a different style compared to NGNL that is honestly just pretty generic with more shiny and bright colors.
The games? Well, as doraemon already said a lot of it is based on rather loose connections and ranges from hard-to-swallow explanations that break suspension of disbelief to straightup DEM. Look at Kaiji if you want to see creative solutions that actually do not expect me to celebrate an ADHD combo of randumb stuff just because Blank are so cool.
It is a by-the-book standard product that is not outstanding in any way except its BLATANT glorification of NEETs and gamers. I assume this is also the reason why so many people love it. Even SAO was a bit more subtle than this here.

Btw, why did Jibril speak English and then couldn't understand the language in the books of Sora? I assume that if she knows English she must be proficient in the main Earth languages. She is in general quite dumb for a being that is suppsoed to be vastly knowledgable and intelligent. Also, this entire "master" situation... please do not tell me she wears a fucking maid outfit later on. My stupid fanservice senses are tingling.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 21, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Kimono_Kitsune said:
Takuan_Soho said:

I share your sentiments, I just find it really hard to see what makes it so unique though.
The Ledouche NEET wish-fulfillment characters? Oh boy, we haven't had enough of those in recent years.
The fanservice? Just the usual stuff we get every season.
The "humour" aka references? Yeah, standard as well.
The colors/filters? Ok, I admit that it looks a bit different. But so do Jojo, Ping Pong, Sidonia and a few other series this season and the seasons before - actually, they actually have a different style compared to NGNL that is honestly just pretty generic with more shiny and bright colors.
The games? Well, as doraemon already said a lot of it is based on rather loose connections and ranges from hard-to-swallow explanations that break suspension of disbelief to straightup DEM. Look at Kaiji if you want to see creative solutions that actually do not expect me to celebrate an ADHD combo of randumb stuff just because Blank are so cool.
It is a by-the-book standard product that is not outstanding in any way except its BLATANT glorification of NEETs and gamers. I assume this is also the reason why so many people love it. Even SAO was a bit more subtle than this here.

Btw, why did Jibril speak English and then couldn't understand the language in the books of Sora? I assume that if she knows English she must be proficient in the main Earth languages. She is in general quite dumb for a being that is suppsoed to be vastly knowledgable and intelligent. Also, this entire "master" situation... please do not tell me she wears a fucking maid outfit later on. My stupid fanservice senses are tingling.

"English" (well, Engrish, actually) was actually a language Jibril made up in her free time.
And just to calm your nerves, no Jibril is more of an assailant, that a victim herself. So unless MH goes and does things on their own, there won't be maid clothes on Jibril... or anyone other than real maids...
Also, please stop comparing a turd sandwich and a full-course meal, just because you don't like the veggies and the side dishes.
May 21, 2014 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
Z3noN said:
Well, this episode was way too absurd with this guy and his pseudo imba knowledge and pseudo tactics to counter anything. It's ridiculous! This anime is even worst than SAO... -.-
Remember the rock-paper-scissors episode with the superior claptrap? This guy is too overpowered and it's getting boring..
No character development.
Z3noN said:
ImTheGuy said:
Whoever is the author/creator of this probably has one of the best minds/imagination ever. That was a fantastic episode.

Can't agree. It's just a stupid pseudo anime like sao with serious flaws in story structure and character design.

WE GET IT U HATE SAO! STOP TRYING TO START ARGUMENTS!
May 21, 2014 7:48 AM
Mar 2013
Is there any sub that translate ASA = morning not Eos Lumo, Akari= lamp not eye fuel etc.

I want to watch sub that translate original meaning not sub that change words.

When they said ASA and sub said Eos Lumo I just wtf. Morning disappear so the sun disappear but sub change word to Eos Lumo. I knew why sub change words. I just don't like it. I want sub that retain original meaning.
May 21, 2014 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
MystiX13 said:

WE GET IT U HATE SAO! STOP TRYING TO START ARGUMENTS!

Discussions are the reason why forums exist...you sound pretty desperate. Afraid of different opinions?
May 21, 2014 8:07 AM
Oct 2012
doraemon1992 said:
So basically the reason Jibril lose is because she underestimate Sora God-like thought process to the very end? I can take that, thanks for clearing that up

Ah, that is a pretty little strawman you drew there, I guess you would be the type to step on an ant so you can pretend to have "won".

doraemon1992 said:
And if you think about it, not having oxygen may not kill her. When she uses her last word (that was written with magic), she still use an ineffective word (the educator one) even though she is in an airless condition. That means she basically choose to wait for Sora to receive the 30-sec penalty or pass out, hence we can assume that she doesn't need air because she choose to wait instead of going for offense.

I don't know how many times I can repeat the same thing when you are so damned determined not to understand it:
Jibiriru's goal was not to "win", therefore she would never go on the offensive. Her goal was to force Sora to recognize NOTHING he could do could touch her. If you want think of it as a self-imposed handicap she had created to make the game a challenge, but the real reason is because she never until the last second the hypernova hit her, thought of Sora as a threat.

Let me repeat:

What Jibiriru wanted to see was the utter look of despair on Sora's face when he realized there was nothing he could do to defeat her and was forced to accept his defeat (remember her race collected the heads of their enemies): that was the only way she wanted to win. Everything else would have been an insult to her pride (that a human actually made her have to try to win).

So the "Academic" was the last move. She wanted to Sora lose in the environment HE created. She even said that was her goal. She thought everything up until then had been FUNNY, she enjoyed watching him squirm, and she was going to enjoy watching that look of panic when he realized that she had just smashed his "ultimate move".

What she never in a million years thought of, because of course she never thought of humanity or Sora in particular, was that Sora had one more move left in him.

Almost every word of dialog takes us step by step through this thought process. It really isn't that hard to understand. One thing I have noticed among many of the critics is that they want all the characters to think like they do, they don't ever try to see things from the POV of the character.
May 21, 2014 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
astranabeat said:
Is there any sub that translate ASA = morning not Eos Lumo, Akari= lamp not eye fuel etc.

I want to watch sub that translate original meaning not sub that change words.

When they said ASA and sub said Eos Lumo I just wtf. Morning disappear so the sun disappear but sub change word to Eos Lumo. I knew why sub change words. I just don't like it. I want sub that retain original meaning.

Eveyuu translated the game how it should have been done.
May 21, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
doraemon1992 said:

Ah, that is a pretty little strawman you drew there, I guess you would be the type to step on an ant so you can pretend to have "won".
Hey, I just summarize what you were saying man, and it's true right? Jibril underestimated Sora because of her pride as a "superior being", and ultimately Sora win because he exceed that expectation. So which part did I get it wrong? XD

May 21, 2014 10:09 AM
Oct 2012
doraemon1992 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
doraemon1992 said:

Hey, I just summarize what you were saying man, and it's true right? Jibril underestimated Sora because of her pride as a "superior being", and ultimately Sora win because he exceed that expectation. So which part did I get it wrong? XD

Wrong. Nothing Sora did was "god like", and Jibiriru didn't"underestimate" Sora. What she did was to overestimate her own intelligence. The reason she llost was because she never thought that Sora had anything "worth" knowing. As Sora said "you are curious about the unknown, you do not respect it".

Jibiriru underestimated EVERYTHING, because she thought that NOTHING could defeat her. That was what Sora (and Shiro) figured out at the beginning. If a Hydrogen Bomb wasn't enough to defeat her, then by default, dropping her into the earth's core wouldn't (less heat than an atomic bomb), even removing all oxygen wouldn't defeat her (that is something a firestorm does), and they could guess pretty well that a vacuum probably wouldn't have killed her. It doesn't take "god like" power to understand that, and since it was all true you can see why Jibiriru didn't even think of the possibility of defeat.

I can believe that if only she didn't use that last magic to write on the air. Because according to your opinion, she would've accept defeat the moment she can't speak because of the vacuum space.

We don't even know she used "magic" to write in the air, she could have done her race's equivalent of writing in blood. That she used her forefinger suggests that.

And all she did was to answer his question. He said "you have no way to respond in a vacuum" and all she said was "sure I do.". That was why she sent those particular thoughts back to him, she was addressing his assumption, not her reality.
May 21, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Jibiriru didn't "underestimate" Sora..
Jibiriru underestimated EVERYTHING
:/
Dude, Jibril underestimate Sora (unless Sora is not included in that "everything"), because she "overestimate her own intelligence", I get it hahaha
Oh, and that "God-Like" is just me being a tease since so far as I can see, he's quite OP on all these mind games so far XD

Takuan_Soho said:
We don't even know she used "magic" to write in the air, she could have done her race's equivalent of writing in blood. That she used her forefinger suggests that.
I said that it's magic or something that she knows a human/imanity would not be able to do, since she was also talking about "a wall that humanity can't surpass" while doing that.
If it's just her own way of writing, she should be aware that Sora can still write since she knew he possess a paper and pencil.
Ofc, unless Jibril is so... you know...
anyway, I close my case here. It's clear that we aren't getting to understanding on this topic.
Still, thank you for the discussion ;)
May 22, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
Lol, this is like arguing in 1984 against people who practice doublethink.

I still find it funny that the game they played is an ancient Japanese word game even though they don't even know Japanese... wait, don't all these characters speak Japanese by default? I mean, Sora and Shiro are Japanese, right? And they do not seem to speak another language in this world....
May 22, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Jibril is out like a balcony, but it is also sadistic at the same time; Sora and Shiro as well.
LOLOL
Episode enjoyable, the plot has provided a pastime better than the last.
A game is not so far-fetched, but well-reasoned.
Narration questionable in some places by someone, I have a limited understanding of what would bring all actions undertaken.
Eventually unable to carry out his dirty work, the narrative.
Discrete designs, perhaps the Madhouse understood what point in this spring season.
Jibril is too nice, I'm curious to see the next episode.
May 22, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2012
Every time I re-watch this episode I notice new things; such as when there is only oxygen they use circulation breathing to create carbon dioxide; also when Jibril uses their word against them, it disappears on the piece of paper

The detail in this really is hard to notice but shows that each action is strategically thought out by the writer
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
May 22, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Lol, this is like arguing in 1984 against people who practice doublethink.

I still find it funny that the game they played is an ancient Japanese word game even though they don't even know Japanese... wait, don't all these characters speak Japanese by default? I mean, Sora and Shiro are Japanese, right? And they do not seem to speak another language in this world....

Actually, it was in the 2nd or 3rd episode, where this was discussed.
Sora was shocked, that he couldn't read a book in the human language, despite being able to converse with them properly. In the end, it was explained as "the spoken form is the same, while the written form differs" from Japanese.
May 23, 2014 8:09 PM
Mar 2012
The whole game was so epic funny, kept laughing. Sora's tactics are amazing, inception-ish idea planting of "anjaku" that allowed the epic disappearance of coulumb's force. Learned some English too since my English isn't good, & reviewing some physics/geology is always nice.
May 24, 2014 7:42 AM

Mar 2014
too much ecchi to enjoy the show! >_<
May 24, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2009
makamakafonis said:
too much ecchi to enjoy the show! >_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7CJO0QTbQk
May 24, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was clever and silly at the same time.
But definitely very enjoyable.
Too bad the new harem member stopped speaking in lè epic way.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (15) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
2 hours ago

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.