Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A lot of cute moments this chapter :3

Oh God Falan was priceless this chapter. The average life span sure isn't very good though. Then there's Solomon..and his respect for the others shown. Also, Arba's origins are kinda interesting. That last panel is priceless. What a funny chapter.
Apr 25, 2014 11:35 AM
Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A lot of cute moments this chapter :3

Oh God Falan was priceless this chapter. The average life span sure isn't very good though. Then there's Solomon..and his respect for the others shown. Also, Arba's origins are kinda interesting. That last panel is priceless. What a funny chapter.

I find Solomon's hatred of idols to be similiar to how certain people destroy idols because they have been use to made a deity a person that is not a deity.

People in the past and even now had a tendency to admire heroes and when they get to excessive - they start putting them at a place they should not. It's like admiring Martin Luther King as a prophet or a god when he's just a man...
Apr 26, 2014 7:56 AM
Feb 2012
The above two comments couldn't be more different. One mostly consists of senseless gibberish, quickly written down in order to have enough material to warrant the first post while the other is interesting and makes it sound like the person has actually read the chapter. Amusing. So very amusing.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 27, 2014 1:03 AM
Jan 2011
Rachmaninow said:
The above two comments couldn't be more different. One mostly consists of senseless gibberish, quickly written down in order to have enough material to warrant the first post while the other is interesting and makes it sound like the person has actually read the chapter. Amusing. So very amusing.

I did read the chapter. It's located in the mangabird website. It's a raw version though. This is the translation.

http://bubblesymphony.tumblr.com/pos...3-translations
Apr 27, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
raw ia finally out. let see if understand anything

Have to say this at least...Sheba has truly grown up to the great young woman, even if she knows she is still weak. And She will continue grow up still from here on
JarjaxleApr 29, 2014 7:15 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 28, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2010
Arba face on one of the pages resembled Gyokuen's expression a lot when she told Hakuryuu that he couldn't do anything after she killed his brothers and father.

Rachmaninow said:

Chinese scans come out on Fridays and the English translations come out early Saturday.

And Stark posted his thoughts on the chapter there is nothing wrong with that. A person doesn't have to write an in depth discussion of the chapter geez. -___-
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 29, 2014 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Does this chapter foreshadow the birth of Aladdin Jehoahaz Abraham? XD Looks like Sheba believes in Solomon and would follow him to the depths of hell while as Arba has her concerns over him. If Sheba is going to become Solomon's wife and maybe Aladdin's mother and Aladdin's mother was shown to radiate white rukhs... maybe too early to draw any conclusions. There's the possibilty that the child is someone else and Aladdin is Solomon's clone or whatever.

Also, in chapter 222, that panel of when Arba smirked at Sheba reminded me of a certain panel of Gyokuen. I find it suspicious that Ohtaka has drawn both of their faces in the same angle and with the same smile. However, I read an old school shoujo manga where a character was so jealous of the main guy that he stole his appearance in their next life, so, while I'm leaning towards the possibilty that Arba is Gyokuen, I won't count out the possibilty that Sheba could be her yet.

In the flashback before the destruction of Alma Toran, Solomon was shown to be a great king and a far cry from the tyrant that Arba is fearing for him to become, so I wonder what will cause the split between him and the others. In chapter 193, the traitorous magi was shown with members of the church, so maybe the people at the church have been planning Solomon's downfall and Ithnan and co joined them later. What could be this 'Solomon's arrogance' that Gyokuen and that certain character from the Sinbad spin-off could be refering to? I'm also wondering about Wahid and Falan's child: would he grow up to be someone we already know? Aladdin's chldhood friend? Enemy?
Apr 29, 2014 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
Ah from the feelings that were like what child feels towards his/her parents, Sheba grown up and started fell love with Solomon!!! XD Lol, I love Solomon's Lieutenants...They are hilarious!!!! Especially Falan!!! "Yous should give soon birth to Solomon's Kid, Sheba" Lol!!!!!

So...Solomon did not want status where he was Worshipped eh? but still got it in the end when he had to create New World. talk about Irony. Wait....So Humans Live like....hundreds or thousands of years!? talk about Utopia world in the view of eternal life.... But that Stopped Sex? Ouch, quite big exchange....

O.O....Solomon is really Dense fool isn't he....Every body else sees that Sheba has Feelings expect him? Welcome to the usual Shounen Hero Romance density. Wait...ARBA IS SAYING WHAT!!?!?!?!

Holy shit...this just Turned My feelings and everything else Totally Upside Down, Shakes them and gave as result total mess....Now I can't say who really is Traitor Magi? Arba is going to become the Pillar that support Solomon at the times of Cruelty? That Would make her number 1 choice by her becoming jealous of Solomon's and Shebas relationship....but still....Solomon is So dense....and even if they made pinky swear promise.

Okay, If Sheba becomes Bride...anything can happen...Actually I am so Confused right now.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 29, 2014 7:59 AM

Aug 2010
Quite the chap that was :O

Falan and Wahid's scene was so lol. Poor Wahid, "By compromise" and bad mouthing him like that XD

Didn't expect that their ability to control age would lead to less sex XD That's a bad trade off :P

Why is Arba looking more and more like Gyokuen >~< Her face really looked like her :(
But if she truly will be Gyokuen then what happens to Sheba?

Lol'd at that directness XD "Sheba, Marry Solomon!" I was like...That escalated quickly XD

Is Sheba really gonna be Aladdin's mom?? Just look at the pic Hayayandere linked!! Her boobs are too big :P
JK aside I really wonder how her relationship with Solomon will develop,
He really Brat-Zoned her there XD

Let's see how this goes from here. Shit should start getting real very soon. The foreshadowing for Arba as Solomon's dark support is giving bad vibes.
Apr 29, 2014 8:18 AM
Mar 2010
is it just me or the art getting worst and worst ever since we started with solomons arc the arthas been hurting my eyes or maybe I just need some sleep
Apr 29, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2013
Lol Solomon's reaction when Sheba asked him out. Can't wait to see what their relationship is like from this point on.
Apr 29, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
HELLSATAN said:
is it just me or the art getting worst and worst ever since we started with solomons arc the arthas been hurting my eyes or maybe I just need some sleep

Get some sleep, her art was always like this.

I don't see it being bad.
Apr 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Apr 2013
And here comes the love triangle that will lead to Solomon's downfall. This is definitely going along the lines of what I thought would happen with Sheba becoming the wife and having Aladdin with Solomon. And then Arba becomes Gyokuen. So since we already know all that stuff, we should just skip this all and go back to Alibaba, Aladdin and Morgiana right?
Apr 29, 2014 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
deanzel said:
And here comes the love triangle that will lead to Solomon's downfall. This is definitely going along the lines of what I thought would happen with Sheba becoming the wife and having Aladdin with Solomon. And then Arba becomes Gyokuen. So since we already know all that stuff, we should just skip this all and go back to Alibaba, Aladdin and Morgiana right?

Nope, it would be stupid if she skipped it.

Sorry pal we are probably gonna get 5 to 10 more chapters of this arc, which I am looking forward too.
Apr 29, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
sonicgx11 said:
deanzel said:

Sorry pal we are probably gonna get 5 to 10 more chapters of this arc, which I am looking forward too.

Well obviously I was joking. Anyway according to someone else, the author said on her blog about a month ago that this arc was just 1/3 done so it'll definitely be longer than that which I guess is good for you :) I just miss Alibaba's antics that's all...
Apr 29, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
deanzel said:
sonicgx11 said:
deanzel said:

Well obviously I was joking. Anyway according to someone else, the author said on her blog about a month ago that this arc was just 1/3 done so it'll definitely be longer than that which I guess is good for you :) I just miss Alibaba's antics that's all...

Who does not miss them...along with his Ridiculous looking faces which he makes in embarrassing situations or when he is thinking difficult things and overreacts? XD

Apr 29, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
deanzel said:
sonicgx11 said:
deanzel said:

I know how you feel man,

And Alibaba is my favorite character
Apr 29, 2014 12:12 PM
Oct 2013
Great chapter!!!!
but this is taking forever -_-
Apr 29, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
i like this arc. i hope it never finishes. :)
Apr 29, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
Nice funny chapter, but uh come on speed this up a lil Ohtaka women.
Apr 29, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
lol, that last page xD

Apr 29, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2011
I'm just going to post pictures.

http://i.picpar.com/sYI.png
This is Gyokuen with her staff.

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/02/23/m/read530a6e0a0d2e3/img000017.png
This is the presumed "bad" magi. Same staff as Gyokuen.

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/04/29/m/read535fa43f074d7/img000017.png
Dark one is Arba, light one is Sheba, but oh look who has the staff of Gyokuen, it's Sheba.

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/02/23/m/read530a6e0a0d2e3/img000018.png
Who is this girl crying in Ugo's arm... Oh that's Arba, the staff, the hair.

So unless they can switch staff or the author is a troll Arba is nowhere near being Gyokuen... Sheba is.
Apr 29, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
In my opinion the whole staff evidence is incredibly flimsy proof that Sheba is Gyouken. Anything could happen between what's happening now and what will happen in the future of this arc. I mean who's to say that Sheba's staff wasn't stolen from the person who ends up being Gyouken?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
diyedas said:
In my opinion the whole staff evidence is incredibly flimsy proof that Sheba is Gyouken. Anything could happen between what's happening now and what will happen in the future of this arc. I mean who's to say that Sheba's staff wasn't stolen from the person who ends up being Gyouken?
Agreed, paying attention to the staff at this point will only throw you off track. Not to say it isn't still up in the air though. Where there's seemingly solid evidence with Arba crying in Ugo's arms while the traitor Magi is holding Sheba's staff, it's possible that Arba is putting on an act and will end up with the staff in the new world, having manipulated the traitor Magi into turning on Solomon. It was pretty heavily foreshadowed this chapter that Arba and the others becoming Solomon's 'pillars of support' will translate to the creation of Black Ruhk and Al-Thamen. There must be a reason Ugo is the only one of the core group to end up in the sacred place.

New baseless theory: Sheba and Solomon do get married and have a kid. Sheba dies in a way similar to what Arba foreshadowed("someone to go on and on about the stupid things he does, even if that means he ends up killing them"), but only after she birthed Solomon's child. Solomon anguishes and ends up leading with too much compassion as a means of overcompensating, ignoring his 'pillars of support'. The pillars then have to take drastic measures to help Solomon regain his balance of compassion and ruthlessness, and that's when Al-Thamen comes into existence. Then Arba and the rest of the pillars begin manipulating his and Sheba's son(could be Aladdin but doesn't matter either way), using the resentment built up due to Solomon causing Sheba's death.

I just don't see Sheba simply dying like that due to all of her development and foreshadowing so I doubt it'd happen. I just think it would be a good way to have the group 'turn on him' even though their core intention is to support him, and it could also satisfy Aladdin's vision of his mother.
AlexTheRiotApr 29, 2014 8:04 PM
Apr 29, 2014 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
diyedas said:

IMO, any writer worth his salt won't have his/her readers start a new chapter while knowing what's going to happen, that's why I believe the author has a twist up her sleeve regarding the staff. Maybe Gyokuen stole it because it will be revealed to have special powers, or it's the symbol of the queen and she stole it out of jealousy. Besides, why would Aladdin show us the memories of an enemy? He's most likely showing us the story from the point of view of that mysterious woman, the one he misses the most: his mother.

The theory that AlexTheRiot posted on why Ithnan and co would betray Solomon is pretty interesting, though I don't expect Sheba would die any time soon. A few chapters ago, the members of the church shot her an evil look when she saved Phenex's tribe, and in chapter 215 Ithnan and co also looked at her with hatred (or they were maybe lokking at Solomon Idk). I think Sheba will be possessed or put under a spell to cause Solomon's downfall. As for why Arba was crying, she had watched over Solomon since he was a baby, so it must've been difficult for her to go against him. I think it would be funny if Gyokuen is Arba, Aladdin is Solomon's child and Gyokuen was once Aladdin's nanny.
Apr 29, 2014 11:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Interesting chapter. Sheba and Arba who will become Gyokuen and how will it happen? I look so much forward to the next chapters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Been a nice arc so far.
Though I want to see more of Alibaba's antics again lol. And dem weird faces lol.
Haha last panel.
Apr 30, 2014 3:14 AM

Sep 2012
This movie is getting long. Alladdin should start producing some soft drinks and pop-corn.
Apr 30, 2014 5:53 AM
Mar 2010
sonicgx11 said:
HELLSATAN said:

Get some sleep, her art was always like this.

I don't see it being bad.

seriously I thought previous art before solomons arc is much better man I really need some sleep been working so hard I'm so stress I really need a vacation right now
Apr 30, 2014 5:55 AM
Mar 2010
Kurogashi said:
i like this arc. i hope it never finishes. :)

please no have mercy
Apr 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
Hayayandere said:

IMO, any writer worth his salt won't have his/her readers start a new chapter while knowing what's going to happen, that's why I believe the author has a twist up her sleeve regarding the staff. Maybe Gyokuen stole it because it will be revealed to have special powers, or it's the symbol of the queen and she stole it out of jealousy. Besides, why would Aladdin show us the memories of an enemy? He's most likely showing us the story from the point of view of that mysterious woman, the one he misses the most: his mother.

The other way around, why would the author spend so much time developing a character that it's going to be irrelevant later on? Sheba has more panel time than Solomon himself. Also Aladdin didn't look happy when he saw his mother back in the pirates arc.

Apr 30, 2014 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
vickypix said:

The other way around, why would the author spend so much time developing a character that it's going to be irrelevant latter on? Sheba has more panel time than Solomon himself. Also Aladdin didn't look happy when he saw his mother back in the pirates arc.

And how is Aladdin's mother irrelevant? I think it's about time that the readers are told her story. Besides, we don't know what Aladdin was feeling when he saw his mother's ghost, it could be confusion, shock, surprise, but not displeasure. Gyokuen is an enemy, and IMO it makes more sense to me that she's a secondary character in this arc (Arba)

Not saying that those who think Sheba is Gyokuen don't have a valid reason for thinking so. The staff is a big clue, but I think it's only meant for distracting the readers from the other clues that could point out to Gyokuen's identity, like Arba's appearance that's more identical to Gyokuen's and the two braids. This chapter also depicted Arba as some sort of a demon and Sheba as an angel, which could be hinting that Sheba would end up being a victim and Arba would betray Solomon.

Anyway, 5-7 more chapters to go before we find out who Gyokuen really is and what really happened, and even if she turnd out to be Sheba, I will still enjoy the manga and love Sheba's character regardless.
Apr 30, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
Hayayandere said:
vickypix said:

The other way around, why would the author spend so much time developing a character that it's going to be irrelevant latter on? Sheba has more panel time than Solomon himself. Also Aladdin didn't look happy when he saw his mother back in the pirates arc.

And how is Aladdin's mother irrelevant? I think it's about time that the readers are told her story. Besides, we don't know what Aladdin was feeling when he saw his mother's ghost, it could be confusion, shock, surprise, but not displeasure. Gyokuen is an enemy, and IMO it makes more sense to me that she's a secondary character in this arc (Arba)

Not saying that those who think Sheba is Gyokuen don't have a valid reason for thinking so. The staff is a big clue, but I think it's only meant for distracting the readers from the other clues that could point out to Gyokuen's identity, like Arba's appearance that's more identical to Gyokuen's and the two braids. This chapter also depicted Arba as some sort of a demon and Sheba as an angel, which could be hinting that Sheba would end up being a victim and Arba would betray Solomon.

Anyway, 5-7 more chapters to go before we find out who Gyokuen really is and what really happened, and even if she turnd out to be Sheba, I will still enjoy the manga and love Sheba's character regardless.

I said later on, if Sheba just died she would be pretty irrelevant to the main story right now , and all her character development a waste of time. Being someone mom's doesn't make you relevant ( just look at Alibaba and Sinbad's mothers, we didn't have a long flashback for their pasts)

Most antagonist had backstories/flashbacks in magi too: the princess, kassim, Mogamett and I'm pretty sure Sinbad is going to be an antagonist and he has an entire spin off manga.

There is also the possibility of Ohtaka trolling us and Gyokuen being someone else aside from Sheba/Arba
vickypixApr 30, 2014 1:38 PM

Apr 30, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
vickypix said:
I said later on, if Sheba just died she would be pretty irrelevant to the main story right now , and all her character development a waste of time. Being someone mom's doesn't make you relevant ( just look at Alibaba and Sinbad's mothers, we didn't have a long flashback for their pasts)

Most antagonist had backstories/flashbacks in magi too: the princess, kassim, Mogamett and I'm pretty sure Sinbad is going to be an antagonist and he has an entire spin off manga.

There is also the possibility of Ohtaka trolling us and Gyokuen being someone else (not Sheba/Arba)

If Sheba is both Aladdin's mother and Solomon's wife that makes her quite important, since her story would lead to Aladdin's birth and childhood before he ended up in the sacred palace. It would still be pretty effective if we are told Alma Toran's story through the eyes of the main character's parents.

All we have at this point are theories. Both the Arba=Gyokuen and Sheba=Gyokuen sides have valid reasons for thinking either of the two is Gyokuen, and thankfully we won't have to wait long before finding out who she really is. And like you said, there's also the possibilty that Ohtaka is trolling us and Gyokuen has yet to be introduced.
removed-userApr 30, 2014 1:52 PM
Apr 30, 2014 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
I really hope that Gyokuen doesn't turn out to be Arba. I've come to really like Arba's character and seeing how in this chapter she was on the verge of Gyokuen crazy, I can't help but be worried. I can't provide you with much evidence, but here's a theory that came to my head after reading most (sorry not all) the posts on here:

I believe that Arba might possibly break that promise with Sheba. I don't think she'll want to, but Solomon might end up liking Arba. (sorry if that's a lame idea, it might just be my fangirl side in disguise). It could explain why (the suspected) Sheba's eyes are like this when she talks to Solomon later on: http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/02/23/m/read530a6e0a0d2e3/img000017.png

Falan and Ithnan also look angry here. I think that Arba was crying because she might have been pregnant (please yes) or Sheba was inflicting pain on her (she had ended up teaming with Al Thamen and what not).

I'd like to type more, but I have to leave for now.
May 1, 2014 3:38 PM

Aug 2013
haha funny chapter i wonder what Solomons reaction will be next time
Yo
May 1, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2010
Just watch Gyouken end up actually being David somehow. Dude looks like a real creeper.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2008
deanzel said:

I still don't get why people insist on Arba being Gyokuen when she is shown in the scenes were Solomon salutes the crowd to be there without being suspicious or shadowed like that magi with Serbas stuff was.
After reading this chapter i got a new crazy theory.
Could it be that Serba was killed by Solomon and the one with her staff was their child? So Solomon's child worked against him after hating him for killing her mother and maybe that's also why others in his group worked against him after getting disillusioned with him for killing Serba witch they had come to like?
So Gyokuen could be Solomon's daughter with Serba?
I just made this theory because Arba said that Solomon could kill the person the person who tried to bring him back to earth and because that yandere child with Serba's staff looked really young.
Nov 20, 2015 1:56 AM

Sep 2014
Falan this chapter was priceless.
So many cute moments and that last page hahah.
Jan 2, 2019 10:02 PM
Jan 2014
Damn... A flashback inside a flashback, lol!

More topics from this board

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.