Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 23, 2014 7:15 AM

Feb 2010
DrGeroCreation said:
Mahouka koukou no rettousei. The episode discussion sub forum for this anime is like a battlefield with haters and fans fighting to the death. Some haters even think it is the second coming of Sword Art Online in terms of hype. Haters (some being elitists) attack : It's nothing but otaku pandering crap with incest and a gary stu MC. Fans counterattack : You don't even read the LN so you don't know what you are talking about. Epic keyboard combat!

The fans sound fucking stupid in this example. Glad I avoid the series discussion subforums.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 23, 2014 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou is my AOTS so far. I think it's absolutely fantastic.

Chaika is also awesome. They're also really underwatched.
Apr 23, 2014 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
I'm kinda shocked that Nanana is rarely talked about. Since it's like AnoHana 2, I was hoping the fans of AnoHana would at least watch it.
This is a signature.
Apr 23, 2014 8:33 AM

Nov 2010
Nanana is something partly because its been promoted inside of PSO2 which its promoting inside the anime.

A lot of what im watching has been said in here already but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Captain Earth because from what i have watched so far its pretty good? But then one persons opinion doesnt really count.
Apr 23, 2014 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
I've no doubts on Mahouka Kouko as the most talked about anime this season.
Apr 23, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2007
Mahouka. 90% of the talk is generated by the arguments between the people who defend it like the light novels are the best thing literature has to offer and the people who think it's a steaming pile of horse manure.
Apr 23, 2014 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
Pond said:
Mahouka. 90% of the talk is generated by the arguments between the people who defend it like the light novels are the best thing literature has to offer and the people who think it's a steaming pile of horse manure.

Not necessarily. I don't think most of the fans think that the light novels are the best thing literature has to offer as you say.

Recently most of it has been clearing some understandable yet incorrect assumptions made by some anime-only watchers and explaining things to them.

Although I guess things can sometimes get a little heated when you clash against someone's opinion on something.
Apr 23, 2014 9:51 AM

Feb 2010
stealthdasher said:
Pond said:

Not necessarily. I don't think most of the fans think that the light novels are the best thing literature has to offer as you say.

Recently most of it has been clearing some understandable yet incorrect assumptions made by some anime-only watchers and explaining things to them.

Although I guess things can sometimes get a little heated when you clash against someone's opinion on something.

I just don't get how 'explaining the LN' makes the anime episodes any better. Hundred people telling me that the LN is good and all won't change the fact that the first 2 episodes of the anime were mostly pathetic fanservice. It may be an anime-only problem (or not) but that isn't really important when we're only talking about the anime.
Now I think episode 3 was a step up already and I've always seen the potential in the setting, but it'll take a couple of really good episodes to fully redeem itself for the ridiculous pandering so far, in my eyes, no matter how good the LN is or how good the anime may get later on.
Apr 23, 2014 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
whats the point of making this thread
everyone knows that the answer is incestka and no loli no life
Apr 23, 2014 9:54 AM

Feb 2010
moonnya said:
whats the point of making this thread
everyone knows that the answer is incestka and no loli no life

Black Bullet has more loli appeal than NGNL though. It's the combination of imouto and loli that make NGNL relevant.
Apr 23, 2014 10:24 AM

Aug 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Mahouka koukou no rettousei. The episode discussion sub forum for this anime is like a battlefield with haters and fans fighting to the death. Some haters even think it is the second coming of Sword Art Online in terms of hype. Haters (some being elitists) attack : It's nothing but otaku pandering crap with incest and a gary stu MC. Fans counterattack : You don't even read the LN so you don't know what you are talking about. Epic keyboard combat!

The fans sound fucking stupid in this example. Glad I avoid the series discussion subforums.
I wouldn't say stupid but some are in denial. It's pretty obvious the sis has more than brotherly love for her brother there is no way really a fan can get around that fact however some haters do overreact. Once the guy isn't making out with his sis or sleeping with his sis I don't see a problem.
Apr 23, 2014 10:40 AM

Feb 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
stealthdasher said:
Pond said:

I just don't get how 'explaining the LN' makes the anime episodes any better. Hundred people telling me that the LN is good and all won't change the fact that the first 2 episodes of the anime were mostly pathetic fanservice. It may be an anime-only problem (or not) but that isn't really important when we're only talking about the anime.
Now I think episode 3 was a step up already and I've always seen the potential in the setting, but it'll take a couple of really good episodes to fully redeem itself for the ridiculous pandering so far, in my eyes, no matter how good the LN is or how good the anime may get later on.

Yeah of course you are entitled to you own opinion on what you've seen so far. Like your opinion that the first 2 episodes seemed to be pathetic fan service, that's your personal perspective and I'm fine with that. Though I guess if you go to the threads and just post that you might get a backlash from some of the fans who have a different opinion to you regarding the first 2 episodes.

However if you make an incorrect assumption from what you have seen is it not okay for me to correct you and point out what exactly happened and try to explain it to you? I don't really care if it doesn't make the episodes any better for you or not.

Also regarding the first arc (which will take up the first few episodes), I have said before that it is the weakest. It's there just to introduce characters and the world. Some of the impressions it has given some viewers is understandable. As I have said before the light novels get better and better by each arc as they progress and perhaps anime will as well, though in saying that I'm not saying this adaptation will be perfect as it will have some flaws.

So I'll leave your final judgement of Mahouka to your own personal experience and I hope you enjoy it.
Apr 23, 2014 10:46 AM

Feb 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
I wouldn't say stupid but some are in denial. It's pretty obvious the sis has more than brotherly love for her brother there is no way really a fan can get around that fact however some haters do overreact. Once the guy isn't making out with his sis or sleeping with his sis I don't see a problem.

Regarding Miyuki's feelings for Tatsuya more than that of a brother, that is pretty damn obvious. I don't think there has been any light novel readers in the forums who have argued against that and correct me if I'm wrong.

Some people are quite offended by incest due to their personal ideals although I wouldn't go as far as to expect Game of Thrones Jaime & Cersei Lannister action from Mahouka. How you react to it really depends on your personal ideals.
AzlanApr 23, 2014 11:06 AM
Apr 23, 2014 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:
Ping Pong is the most talked about anime
if only, if only

it shall be their loss

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Ckan said:
if only, if only

it shall be their loss

Mankind will eventually understand that Ping Pong is the rightful savior of anime...

Apr 23, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
stealthdasher said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Regarding Miyuki's feelings for Tatsuya more than that of a brother, that is pretty damn obvious. I don't think there has been any light novel readers in the forums who have argued against that and correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes people are very offended be incest due to their personal ideals although I wouldn't go as far as to expect Game of Thrones Jaime & Cersei Lannister action from Mahouka.
Well I have seen some fans that read the LN make it out to be as if Miyuki just has a lot of respect or appreciation for Tatsuya because of something he did for he in the past but deny she has any romantic feelings for him. From the episodes I have seen so far I believe she does have romantic feelings for him.
Apr 23, 2014 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Well I have seen some fans that read the LN make it out to be as if Miyuki just has a lot of respect or appreciation for Tatsuya because of something he did for he in the past but deny she has any romantic feelings for him. From the episodes I have seen so far I believe she does have romantic feelings for him.

They are correct in saying that Miyuki has a lot of respect and appreciation of Tatsuya. How she came to see him that way will be explained if they cover the Reminiscence Arc in the anime which covers Tatsuya and Miyuki's past.

Also regarding this I think there is a belief among some fans that Miyuki's feelings towards Tatsuya are more like those of a Godlike being rather than romantic. You know like how people worship gods with love and admiration. Though I may be wrong about this.

I personally think that Miyuki does harbour forbidden feelings for Tatsuya which she will most probably never act upon and I think that most of the light novel readers can agree with me on this.
AzlanApr 23, 2014 11:40 AM
Apr 23, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Ckan said:
if only, if only

it shall be their loss

Yet another fucking Slideshow PP-Presentation anime after Aku no Hana.
You know I might give this kind of shows a try when they finally decide to stop pretending to be half a manga and draw more than 2-4 frames a second.
Apr 23, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
baki502 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Ckan said:
if only, if only

it shall be their loss

You know I might give this kind of shows a try when they finally decide to stop pretending to be half a manga and draw more than 2-4 frames a second.
the fuck show are you watching, ping pong is extremely fluid in its animation and is in full color, the art is what upsets people because its purposely simplistic. In terms of actual movements its a step above most of the shows this season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSuAhbtIFg

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 12:05 PM
Mar 2013
I haven't really picked up too much this season

I'm going to say Mushishi because it's the sequel of one of the best series around
Apr 23, 2014 12:16 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Hmm, I think I should head over and join the Mahouka side of things. Maybe I can make some allies for the upcoming SAO keyboard wars next season, haha.
Apr 23, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
JD2411 said:
I haven't really picked up too much this season

I'm going to say Mushishi because it's the sequel of one of the best series around

it's boring.... -_- I fall asleep while watching it. Seriously.
Apr 23, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
Pknoctis said:
The most hyped anime I've seen is Mahouka koukou no rettousei
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Praland said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=1&score=0&status=1&tag=&p=0&r=0&sm=4&sd=1&sy=2014&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c0=a&c1=b&c2=c&c3=f&gx=0&o=7&w=1

Based on this, No Game No Life.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 23, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2013
ran614 said:
devilsrider said:
Im hearing a lot about Black Bullet.

For good reasons.

OT:

No Game No Life. Let's be honest. Fags will watch anything that resembles sword ass online. And the MC was voiced by Kirito too.

You do realize how retarded you appear to others, right?
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Apr 23, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
baki502 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Ckan said:
if only, if only

it shall be their loss

the fuck show are you watching, ping pong is extremely fluid in its animation and is in full color, the art is what upsets people because its purposely simplistic. In terms of actual movements its a step above most of the shows this season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSuAhbtIFg

I didnt actually try it yet I just saw a quick sample in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwERCoq1cVg

I think it starts at about 0:40-0:50 and lets say some parts of it look really choppy and unsightly, granted in your video its alot better but it could still be better. That said 99% of anime could have better animation as most have not enough drawn frames.
Apr 23, 2014 12:29 PM

Sep 2012
ran614 said:

No Game No Life. Let's be honest. Fags will watch anything that resembles sword ass online. And the MC was voiced by Kirito too.
god why

the bias hurts so bad

I can't take it

No Game, No Life is talked about for good reasons compared to the mcshitter I just quoted. It's deserving of it's hype so far.

OT: Probably mahouka cause everyone either really loves or really hates incest, with Mekaku, Jojo, and No Game No Life following it in that order.
KorrvoApr 23, 2014 12:33 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 23, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
KingKongShrest said:
ran614 said:
devilsrider said:
Im hearing a lot about Black Bullet.

For good reasons.

OT:

You do realize how retarded you appear to others, right?

Honestly neither of you are making yourselves look great right now.
Watch my anime reviews. Or don't. It's up to you really. Latest video: HYOUKA.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpByqgRSDeLM9gPOSXRYVVQ
Apr 23, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
from what i've noticed people mostly talk about mahouka koukou no rettousei or mekakucity actors cuz they either hate the shows or really enjoy them. there's no in between and this causes a riot in the series' forums. that's why i've had popcorn for breakfast the past 3 saturdays.

people should talk about gokukoku no brynhildr more especially after that last episode.

i thought more people would be interested in selector infected wixoss since the director also directed steins gate and the show has a dark and psychological atmosphere but hardly anyone comments on the forums
Apr 23, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Korrvo said:
No Game, No Life is talked about for good reasons compared to the mcshitter I just quoted. It's deserving of it's hype so far.
How so? To me it's basically a Yu Gi Oh rip off set in a fantasy world with a bright colorful art style and fanservice thrown in.
Apr 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Korrvo said:
How so? To me it's basically a Yu Gi Oh rip off set in a fantasy world with a bright colorful art style and fanservice thrown in.

Yu Gi Oh? Really? I dont think its a 10/10masterpiece but its decent so far. The MCs are enjoyable, I am entertained, a bit of Fanservice for my libido, nothing to complain yet.
Apr 23, 2014 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
baki502 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Korrvo said:

Yu Gi Oh? Really? I dont think its a 10/10masterpiece but its decent so far. The MCs are enjoyable, I am entertained, a bit of Fanservice for my libido, nothing to complain yet.

well, you do play games to decide everything so it is like Yu Gi Oh in a sense.
Apr 23, 2014 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Korrvo said:
The animation quality and the overall quality of the episodes so far. Out of all the anime I've seen so far this season, No Game No Life easily had the best start. (bokura is up there though)

Honestly, based entirely off first impressions, the characters enough alone are good enough to make me think it's deserving of it's hype so far. We finally got a brother-sister duo that love each other to death but it's entirely platonic, and that's made very clear in the second episode. Not only that, but they are both badasses in their own way.

But again, it's entirely first impressions, but considering this isn't an A-1 pictures production, I'm not exactly worried about the show taking a turn for the worst.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 23, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Korrvo said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Korrvo said:
The animation quality and the overall quality of the episodes so far. Out of all the anime I've seen so far this season, No Game No Life easily had the best start. (bokura is up there though)

Honestly, based entirely off first impressions, the characters enough alone are good enough to make me think it's deserving of it's hype so far. We finally got a brother-sister duo that love each other to death but it's entirely platonic, and that's made very clear in the second episode. Not only that, but they are both badasses in their own way.

But again, it's entirely first impressions, but considering this isn't an A-1 pictures production, I'm not exactly worried about the show taking a turn for the worst.
It looks pretty and the main guy seems strategic but for me that's about it. So far there have not been any interesting games introduced in the anime and there are no different unique consequences for losing specific games like in Yu Gi Oh and Kaiji.
DrGeroCreationApr 23, 2014 1:21 PM
Apr 23, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
Attack on Titan?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 23, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
It looks pretty and main guy seems strategic but for me that's about it. So far there have not been any interesting games introduced so far in the anime and there are no different unique consequences for losing specific games like in Yu Gi Oh and Kaiji.
I agree with that but that's why I said first impressions.

Apr 23, 2014 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Korrvo said:
DrGeroCreation said:
It looks pretty and main guy seems strategic but for me that's about it. So far there have not been any interesting games introduced so far in the anime and there are no different unique consequences for losing specific games like in Yu Gi Oh and Kaiji.

I'm not a loli fan.
Apr 23, 2014 1:22 PM

Jul 2011
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?

Why talk about something that it's already over?
Apr 23, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Korrvo said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I'm not a loli fan.

Neither am I but even I think shes pretty cute. In a totally nosexual way. Kinda like that little kid in Nagi no Asukara was.

Something is wrong when you even have to write nonsexual when you say you find a kid cute.
Apr 23, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
baki502 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Korrvo said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I'm not a loli fan.

Neither am I but even I think shes pretty cute. In a totally nosexual way. Kinda like that little kid in Nagi no Asukara was.

Something is wrong when you even have to write nonsexual when you say you find a kid cute.
Yeah she is but the fanserive of her was kind of off putting for me. I don't really have any problem with her as a character I just don't find the show all that so far and deserving of hype.
Apr 23, 2014 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
baki502 said:

All of my this.^

For the record, I'm not a loli person in the sexual way either. She's just that damn cute.
Apr 23, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
Black Bullet and SAO 2

Apr 23, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
I'm hearing a lot about no game no life. Which is in no way entertaining me to the level it does many other people for some reason. I haven't found much that is unique about it, the main characters are just okay so far. This like Noragami last season, there always seems to be at least one anime per season that almost everyone is in love with but I can't find any reason to at all.
Apr 23, 2014 2:43 PM

Nov 2010
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!
Apr 23, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
RedRoseFring said:
Attack on Titan?
Don't lose your way!
oh man thats my favorite guilty crown song

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 23, 2014 2:59 PM

Nov 2012
Like any season, the big 3 are still the most talked about.
Apr 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
Ehh, Black Bullet is getting a lot of hype, I think and Akuma no Riddle. At least that's what I think
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 23, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
Black Bullet, No Game No Life and Mahouka. Mekaku CA and Haikyuu a bit less though.

I'm hearing a lot about no game no life. Which is in no way entertaining me to the level it does many other people for some reason. I haven't found much that is unique about it, the main characters are just okay so far. This like Noragami last season, there always seems to be at least one anime per season that almost everyone is in love with but I can't find any reason to at all.

I thought it was Captain Earth or Black Bullet this season. NGNL I've seen a few haters/dislikers already =P
Apr 23, 2014 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:

I thought it was Captain Earth or Black Bullet this season. NGNL I've seen a few haters/dislikers already =P

no glove no love huh? interesting OvO

i thought captain earth for sure was gonna be really talked about but i guess it's being overshadowed by mekakucity actors, mahouka, no game no life, haikyuu, etc

a few quick questions- how much ecchi is in no game no life? is the male mc annoying? should i try out the show?
orchidorkApr 23, 2014 5:01 PM
Apr 23, 2014 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Wh1t3 said:
Ehh, Black Bullet is getting a lot of hype, I think and Akuma no Riddle. At least that's what I think

Akuma no Riddle has a big issue so far, that issue being it's lack of yuri. Everything else so far is just dandy, but it needs more yuri moments in my opinion. No Game No Life appears to be the victor overall though.
Apr 23, 2014 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
Aylaine said:
Wh1t3 said:

Akuma no Riddle has a big issue so far, that issue being it's lack of yuri. Everything else so far is just dandy, but it needs more yuri moments in my opinion. No Game No Life appears to be the victor overall though.
'

And it's lack of fansubs.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

28 by thewiru »»
31 seconds ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion?

castle2001 - 11 hours ago

36 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» Is your waifu photogenic?

Catalano - 8 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - 26 minutes ago

10 by Serafos »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

69 by ST63LTH »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.