Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well and wraps it up. Sonico singing to the audience. Why does she always wear headphones? The world may never know

Well, if anything, the audience listening to her song loves it.
Mar 24, 2014 9:26 AM

May 2013
That was a nice concert for the girls. They had some issues before the concert started, so glad that it worked out in the end. Enjoyed watching this anime. It really does have a relaxing feel to it when you watch the different episodes.
Mar 24, 2014 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
I would have never thought that this show would be the feel good anime of the season. I thought it would be something very different, but I was pleasantly surprised about how it turned out.
Mar 24, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
That was a good ending. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, seemed like a crappy fanservice show at start but it ended up being a relaxing SoL.
Sonico's trip was my favourite episode.
Overall, OK.
Mar 24, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
Finally a concert :D

"Mr. Internet-san" That made me laugh a bit for some reason :p

Broken string that sucks :/

Grandma can rock on too, now we know where Sonico get's it from ;)

What is up with that blonde-haired girl? We never did find out anything about her.

A pretty good finale.
Mar 24, 2014 11:50 AM
Mar 2013
So we never got to know why she always wears headphones.

This was a pretty decent anime.

Fuuri was the best character throughout the series.
Mar 24, 2014 11:51 AM

Feb 2011
That was a surprisingly relaxing show, really liked it all the way through (although ep 6 really sucked though).

I'm gonna go as far as to give this an 8.
Mar 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
I laugh at those reviews or people who share a similar view point who whining about the boobs and fanservice scattered throughout the series. Apparently the people who genuinely hated this show have never seen or heard of Super Sonico before this anime. She's a poster girl. Take one second to look at any figure every released of Sonico...

Again, I laugh at what exactly you were expecting. Although this wasn't some stellar work of animation it was a pretty decent show. Sonico and crew are wet matches in a dark cave but it is a feel good show. I like how they didn't reveal anything either. Sonico always had her headphones on and they never disclosed her seiyuu.

Not mentally stimulating, not overly entertaining, but a warm and pleasant show with good music. It'll either be a 6 or 7.

Also I enjoyed how they closed with Sonico's first actual CD single which happens to be one of my favorite songs before Galaxy One album came out.
IZEROIIMar 24, 2014 12:58 PM
Mar 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Mar 2013
This show was cute. Clearly not one of the best but I enjoyed it. Sonico is adorable, the animation quality was quite good but it has lack of plot.
Anyway, it was decent. 6/10
Mar 24, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
Indeed I also didn't expect too much from this, but this definitely turned out to be a relaxing fun feel good splice of life anime. It's a shame when a lot of people look at Sonico they judge her based on the various amounts of modeling/ecchi pictures and worse the Doujinshi's of her. I've been watching this next to Hajime no Ippo, and Wake up girls and I gotta say between the three This and Hajime no Ippo has been my favorites, at least unlike wake up girls the art quality hasn't looked derpy not once, which shows something.

Loved how Sonico's Grandmother's Guitar song was the main theme from the PC SONICOMI game. Now I just have to check out the new Sonico video game for the PS3.

One more thing, I wonder why they didn't properly showcase Super Pochaco, we've seen her all over the anime, and it was pretty obvious who she was supposed to be, but they just kept her as a silent background character......Sequel hook?
DingoEnderZOE2Mar 24, 2014 2:05 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:16 PM

Mar 2013
DingoEnderZOE2 said:

One more thing, I wonder why they didn't properly showcase Super Pochaco, we've seen her all over the anime, and it was pretty obvious who she was supposed to be, but they just kept her as a silent background character......Sequel hook?

I was wondering the same thing.

The anime was really relaxing and it was fun to watch it. Too bas a lot of people give bas reviews and ratings.
The final episode was good and a nice concert ^_^
Mar 24, 2014 2:16 PM
Jan 2014
Great way to end the show.This was a fun and relaxing series to watch.
Mar 24, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2007
Great ending to a great anime.
Mar 24, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good ending to a decent show.

certainly better than the top two reviews about this anime would indicate.
Mar 24, 2014 5:06 PM
Mar 2012
It was an okay series overall. What I would love to see though is a prequel series focusing on Sonico's grandmother during her teenage days.
Mar 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
loplop said:
I would have never thought that this show would be the feel good anime of the season. I thought it would be something very different, but I was pleasantly surprised about how it turned out.

This turned out GREAT! Honestly, I almost dropped it after the first three episodes (which I thought were pretty boring). But thankfully I watched on.

I'd love to see another season. Or at least a couple of OVAs. I'd love to see more interaction between the girls and Kyouko Tomano (and more on the guitar itself) and Sayaka (the reporter), who I adored.
Mar 24, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
wow... what a finale. AMAZING concert scenes. VERY solid final episode. the episode really tells me that you dont need a big production budget backed by sponsors when holding a concert. indie bands survive with communities and friends. it's also so cool to see how sonico's grandmother was quite the star herself when she was younger. goes to show how unique some people can be. you never know who they are/were.

nonetheless, good series. that episode with sonico traveling alone was probably my favourite episode throughout all the anime this season. and this finale has definitely set the bar for best finale this season.

7/10. it did its job as a slice of life.
Mar 24, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
It was a good series. It's one of those shows you watch when you want something slow and just chill.

7/10 :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 24, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
All those songs~! D:
Cute Sonico as usual~! D:

Anyways, cute, final episode. :3
I'm sad that the series has to end so soon, I want to see more Sonico~! D:

Overall, really awesome and cute anime, people who hate on it, screw them. xD
Mar 24, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
Must say Grandma got some moves
Mar 24, 2014 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
This series is so meh. The concert was okay.
Mar 24, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2011
loplop said:

it turned out to be a great show.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 24, 2014 9:35 PM

Sep 2013
I think I got a nose bleed when the grandma was playing lol.

It was a good series, it was relaxing and it's not that bad in my opinion. I think episode 7 was my favorite.

7/10, it was good.

Mar 24, 2014 9:59 PM

Mar 2013
Super Pochaco will appear in hypothetical "season 2"?
She's appeared in some scenes...
Mar 24, 2014 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
I enjoyed this anime, it was pretty relaxing to watch. The character designs were cute too and the OST's were nice as well.
In all honesty, it was better than the likes of K-ON. More interesting.
Mar 25, 2014 3:06 AM

Nov 2009
This was a great ending episode!!!

I liked all the songs they performed particularly with the last one 'Super Orbital!' and it was a great episode to wrap everything up involving nearly all the character that were involved in the series. I'm glad they actually did that as it creates a satisfying feel to it. I think I saw some new characters with that blonde girl and her friend and Kyouko-senpai makes another appearance this time with her child.
You got to like Sonico's Grandma when she covered up for her when her strings broke and it was nice to see her back in her youth days for a brief moment.

Overall this was a satisfying series and this last episode impressed me and so therefore has increased my rating for it. Some episodes were average but the majority of it created a nice relaxing feel to it. Characters were interesting and I would say this series has fulfilled that. Like I said before, I'm glad they didn't just forget the side characters from all episodes and that they actually took the right amount of time into consideration so therefore was a very good final episode. The CG and the special effects used for the songs and the live show were well initiated.

Final Scores:

Art/Animation: 9/10
Plot/Story: 7/10
Characters: 8/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Score: 8/10

Episode Rating: 5/5

Group Photo (^_^) : http://i.imgur.com/kdeVVQR.jpg

Mar 25, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2008
I dunno if it was just me but i was hoping during the credits that we would see Pochaco go towards Sonico's manager and become a model like her while the music was playing in the background and maybe show scenes of her introducing herself to Sonico. Though i can understand why she's mute because she's only appeared in Illustrations with Sonico and some appearances in this Anime. If a Season 2 does roll around, it would be exciting to see who Pochaco's VA would be!

I'm very satisfied with this Anime! I'm been a huge Sonico fan for a year now and i was excited to watch this Anime and the final result, i was highly satisfied and happy! The series doesn't deserve the reviews it gets, it's much more then that. :3
Mar 25, 2014 5:39 AM

Sep 2009
nice little way to end the series.
Mar 25, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
What a way to rap up a mixed reviewed anime. I thought the ending was great and should have been more of the focus point of the whole series but all's well that ends well....
Mar 25, 2014 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
Genix said:
I enjoyed this anime, it was pretty relaxing to watch. The character designs were cute too and the OST's were nice as well.

Honestly how. Take away the fanservice and what is left?
Mar 25, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
goshujin_sama241 said:
Genix said:

Honestly how. Take away the fanservice and what is left?

A decent slice-of-life anime?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 25, 2014 7:35 AM

May 2013
DejitaruDan said:
Super Pochaco will appear in hypothetical "season 2"?
She's appeared in some scenes...

is that the blonde girl I saw all the time in the last episode

she felt like sonicos sister or something like that xD
¨I´d rather die a hero, that kill a failure¨~RedLikeARose

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Mar 25, 2014 8:19 AM

Jun 2012
That episode wrapped it up quite nicely. Overall, it wasn't great, some episode were completely miss to me, other were from okay to good. To me it's at least a passing grade (5 or 6).
TynkerMar 25, 2014 8:24 AM
Mar 25, 2014 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
Less fanservice than you'd think from this series.
Mar 25, 2014 9:39 PM

Mar 2012
So boring, why Sonico is so fat? i hate CGI, eye cancer knock-off!

3/10

Please no season 2, i want Hatsune Miku to get her own series!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 26, 2014 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this for the music that went along with it... not bad I guess...

7/10
Mar 26, 2014 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
a concert for the final episode, a fitting end for SSTA...

this series isn't as bad as what others rate it, but it certainly wasn't that good...

decent anime...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 26, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
This anime changed Sonico from one of my favourite characters to a character I don't like that much anymore. I hope they will not do a vocaloid anime.
Overall this anime wasn't that bad but pretty boring :/
Mar 26, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2011
This episode acted more of a "wow, look at all the support characters I don't recognize!" Sonico was a slow, easy-going SOL, but it was way too dull.

5 is the average of 10, 3/10, below average.
Mar 27, 2014 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
if only they sang Vision instead of Super Orbital...

not a bad way to kill some time~
Mar 27, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2013
This last episode was actually very cool and pretty. It doesn't completely make up for the rest of the series. As I mentioned in the other episodes' threads, I thought the series was gonna be more fanservice-oriented but we ended up with an OK-ish SoL. As a fan of Sonico, I can say that the best thing in the anime was the music.

6/10 overall.
Mar 27, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
5.5/10
Mar 27, 2014 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
5/10, bland yet infectious. Those first three episodes really hurt this one for me personally. This show works better without the heavy ecchi and it didn't seem like they figured that out until after the first couple of episodes. Episodes 4, 5, and 7 were pretty nice to watch. Music in the finale was enjoyable.
Mar 29, 2014 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
Ha, am I the only one who heard Immigrant Song playing in Sonico's restaurant? Seems like it's in everything nowadays.

Pretty decent episode I guess... was gonna give the series a 5, but after this episode I guess I'll raise it to a 6/10. Most satisfying part of the episode was that Sonico's rolemodel showed up... and she even has a kid! :O
Mar 29, 2014 9:34 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to have it end with a stage performance.
Overall, mostly boring and inoffensive.
Mar 30, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/Y2ElSFz.jpg
So many good songs, it went by so fast. I'm gonna miss this show. 10/10
Mar 31, 2014 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
This was the only episode I liked.

And let' be honest here. Music like this isn't dead, but it is in a state of limbo, where bands and good music still exist, but are overshadowed by so many flashes in a pan that are huge one moment and are gone the next. Rock music that actually featured musicians putting in their part for an actual band that has a name that acknowledges everyone in it (as opposed to what music is today, where the focus is mainly the one person in the spotlight while the rest of the people playing instruments remain nameless and overshadowed) is only found underground with independent music and no longer showcased as talent people want to see. Only exceptions are bands that are heavily electronified that take priority over the rest of the musicians except the singer.

Now take the grandmother. With her playing in combination with Fuuri's drum solo, that alone was enough to fill me with enough emotions that no Bruno Mars song could ever match. I mean it wasn't any Cliffs of Dover, but it's a lost art that I honestly wish can be brought back to spark some purpose in today's music.

So I've always loved the music aspect of the show, but the story was too meh and/or ditzy for me. I just hope the music kinda opened some thought to that style once again.
Mar 31, 2014 2:37 AM

Jul 2013
The final episode was well-directed and was a nice cap to a pleasant but mixed season. When the episodes were good, they were quite good... but when they were bad (like the zombie episode)... well... that sort of drags the overall score down. This finale was a very enjoyable mix of music and a look-back at the season, bringing back all the characters and locales.

I really loved the in-joke about Sonico’s grandmother... “No... she was our goddess!” (megami) Super-appropriate for the grandmother’s seiyuu, Kikuko Inoue!
Apr 2, 2014 4:44 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice ending for this series I must say, some really nice songs and a nice way to showcase every character seen in the entire show! I must say I didn't expected all too much from this series but I actually quite enjoyed the casualness of her life and especially the funny moments and the various lovely characters!

All by all a pretty good anime! 7/10
Apr 3, 2014 10:12 AM

Jun 2011
Im glad they still got to have the concert in the end. Its nice seeing all the people helping her out. I'd say this was a really fitting episode with the concert and her playing some of her songs. Would have been even better if it was last season though.

Love this series. So glad i decided to watch it.

Sonico is just so cute with all those "Toria!!!" she makes. Her cats are all so cute especially their names. So my favourite episode were the cat episode.

This is a nice relaxing anime with lots of cute scenes and good songs. Animation is decent as well. Will definitely watch another season if they ever make one. 8/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Sonico The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

55 by V4mpsqu1dz »»
Nov 25, 2023 8:28 PM

Poll: » Super Sonico The Animation Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

34 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 24, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Super Sonico The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2014

180 by White_Alice »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:03 PM

Poll: » Super Sonico The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

37 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:07 PM

» Jessica Nigri Voicing Super Sonico in the English Dub

Mr_Hayabusa - Jan 23, 2015

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 6:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.