Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 15, 2014 1:45 AM

Aug 2012
This adaptation is just horrible. The story pacing is horribly done and art is just getting bad and it's animated by Madhouse.(WTF?)
Mar 15, 2014 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
the witches of Camelot has now appeared, and one of them is the ex-gf of Mui's brother, she also looks like Isoshima, don't you think?

Mui in nurse outfit FTW! Takeshi x Mui moment was too short, damn you Ida! xD

so Takeshi's mother is also a magician and is now helping him to get stronger...

and Isoshima is still in Takeshi form!

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 15, 2014 3:56 AM

Jul 2012
Ah, mother-son bonding, priceless.

Great episode!!!
Mar 15, 2014 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
Honestly the war does seem very pointless for the neutral
Mar 15, 2014 10:37 AM

Dec 2013
tyanak13 said:
the witches of Camelot has now appeared, and one of them is the ex-gf of Mui's brother, she also looks like Isoshima, don't you think?

Mui in nurse outfit FTW! Takeshi x Mui moment was too short, damn you Ida! xD

so Takeshi's mother is also a magician and is now helping him to get stronger...

and Isoshima is still in Takeshi form!

Have to agree there. when the Camelot witch came running into the dojo for Takeshi's mother, I actually thought it was a flashback with Kurumi for a second.

I have been mentioning since day one that the pacing of this anime was messed up from the start. This episode was alright in the fact that it actually didn't do too much time skips behind our backs (in this I mean they animated the training, albiet that it was a bit short)

Seriously, if those men in black are so strong, how the heck can they not protect one simple Wiseman? And wasn't the Wiseman suppose to be like the strongest of the magicians or something? How the heck does he get offed so easily? Its so disappointing....

Now as for the what has been happening in the LN, given that we have only two episodes left, I get the feeling that they're gonna cut the story someplace I don't know. Would anyone care to enlighten me (via PM if you mind posting here) about what happens in the LN after this point? I just wanna be up to date on the story, given I can't read Japanese much, and want to know how far ahead the LNs are.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share ;)
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 15, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
Otabana said:
vieri32 said:

Might like as a friend.
And may be lacking because this Takeshi disappeared.
I doubt that she stopped liking Takeshi further after he saved her.

It was definitely not as a friend (私は彼を愛する)

Anyway, I stop the spoilers now, this topic is not made ​​for it :-)

Never saw such a poor way to talk in any LN. You just used an online translator asking to translate "I love him", right? No Japanese would ever said it like that, let alone having an author writing this on his novel. I know expecting high level Japanese in that kind of work would be a bit too much, but that's basically gaijin level. Even me as a foreigner wouldn't have made such a poor phrasing just one year after starting studying japanese, and it's been a freaking while since I'm passed that first year. I want to see a pic of that LN page where such a poor phrased sentence was written so I can laugh. If you can't provide it, then I'm afraid I can't believe it exists.
With that said, I was just passing by as I'm not watching this show, so I'm out~
ZefyrisMar 16, 2014 3:12 AM
Mar 16, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
Well, looks like there's plenty of this anime's haters in here. I want to talk about Mui in the nurse outfit. Mui said that there aren't any changes for her, so she got into that outfit. I mean seriously? She also said that it has been 4 days. If you look at the other characters, they seem to have all the changes they need. That really deleted my liking for this anime. Not only that, the training part seems stupid too. There's a battlefield in the living world, and yet it seems pretty peaceful. What do you guys think?
Mar 18, 2014 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
Raikounen said:
Well, looks like there's plenty of this anime's haters in here. I want to talk about Mui in the nurse outfit. Mui said that there aren't any changes for her, so she got into that outfit. I mean seriously? She also said that it has been 4 days. If you look at the other characters, they seem to have all the changes they need. That really deleted my liking for this anime. Not only that, the training part seems stupid too. There's a battlefield in the living world, and yet it seems pretty peaceful. What do you guys think?

I think you probably shouldn't waste time pondering or looking for plot holes in this mess. I mean, we had the introduction of what could be a major character and organization (the "ex"-girlfriend and Camelot), the elimination of the great and powerful Wiseman by a single assassin, several timeskips, a reconciliation with his (doomed) mother, and a hint of body/identity switching at the end. Even if they are following the LN, the execution is so awful it looks like just one asspull after another.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
Oh, I thought bamboo swords were like the ultimate undestructible weapon (remember first episode?), but it seems not.
Mar 20, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2008
Why in the hell would she take Nanase to an all women's district for medical care when she knew he wouldn't be allowed to stay there?! What kind of sloppy ass writing is this?

Anyways, Mui is just too sweet. I wouldn't have given Nanase a thing. I'd make sure Isoshima stayed gone.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 20, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2011
Can't believe we would get a training arc in the midst of a war. Oh well, can't wait to see Takeshi battle Gekkou again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
Takeshi wiping away Mui's tears was probably the highlight of this episode. Can't say much else, I'm just ready for this to be over.
Mar 29, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
Meh, back to the dull part of this series. I couldn't feel any emotion in this episode, and I didn't get why the emotional music started playing when his mother started training him... I guess it was because they never got along before/talked. But everything this episode just felt incredibly dry.
Apr 8, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
holy shit, just how HOW could an anime be so badly drawn????
Apr 18, 2014 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

I have not read the manga, but I think that this anime series is massacring the plot. It was better as the author said to wait before making an animated transposition.
Graphically it does not improve even in the highlights, the same with the narrative.
You have sudden acceleration and cuts, and then get very slow pace and if that was not enough, even useless parts.
How successful has resurfaced today where the fanservice.
Mah! Overall not a bad episode, especially the ending with the speech of Takeshi and early during the battle.
However, there was an alternation of high and low.
May 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Apr 2013
I usually go into an anime with high hopes, but this one crushed mine in the first 4 episodes. I don't know what to say about episode 10. They did some things in this episode that don't make sense. Were they hopping that we would forgive them if they tried to add a funny scene (the boyfriend talk - not so funny) or get more serious with the ring and the training.
Jun 16, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
Those are the worst animated tears I've ever seen o_O
Jun 26, 2014 8:59 PM

Jul 2010
I swear, this show is looking for any excuse to put Mui in fetilicious situations with the main guy. You had the random beach, and now she's wearing a nurse outfit for, lets face it, no reason other than fanservice.

Really, Mui's pretty much there to be a tease, at least that's what most of her scenes with main dude ultimately amounts to. The main guy only has a real romantic connection with the blonde girl, yet the show seems to prefer Mui over her. Hell, Mui's story at this point is already resolved.

And YES! Take the little sister away, please! He's obviously unfit to take care of her after taking her to a place where a freaking war is happening and endangering her life.
Sep 2, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
Well... bad episode.

If the ending isnt all to good this will get nonetheless a bad score.
Sep 5, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2014
Well, at least I got to hear Miyano Mamoru sing
Apr 25, 2015 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
Nurse Mui <3

Only 2 more episodes to suffer through...
Jun 21, 2015 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
Isoshima is still in transformed as Takeshi. Did something go wrong? I don't know what's even happening in the show anymore.
Jul 16, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
How disappointing. seriously why even bring up legitimate complaints to Wizard Brace if he never has to chose a side., it doesn't count if his evil brother sided with ghost trailer. This is teaching blind loyalty to the group despite what they have done in the past.

Shows like this can be summed up with a sentence like this. "All the evidence points to the side I'm on being more evil and the primary cause of all the conflict but I'm gonna side with them cause the evil music plays when you're on screen." This show had so much potential, but like many other anime it tends to unravel towards the end. There's still two episodes left, and I'll watch em to see how it ends, but I'm not holding my breath
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jul 30, 2015 6:00 PM

May 2012
Quite impressive development once again, especially near the ending! Looking forward to see what the next episode will offer!
Sep 4, 2015 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was a weird ending. Kurumi now looks like Takeshi. Maybe that's one of her magic abilities?
Jan 23, 2016 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
lol I always laugh when they say special training. All this magic and no hyperbolic time chamber.

They are really trying to give Mui an ass.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 23, 2016 7:16 PM
Aug 2012
One major thing in this episode that I did not see anyone mention is: why did takashi not say a word about his brothers situation to his mother? No information about her other son was shown yo be passed to her in anyway. Does she already know about it or not?
Mar 24, 2017 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
- This new girl is a bitch First, she brings Nanase to their hospital and then wants him to leave because it's a woman-only community? Bitch, you were the one who brought him there in the first place so you're the one breaking your own rules. Though, it all went well in the end it was still a bitch move by her.
- This anime is going too fast. For someone so powerful as to separate the Living World from the Ruined World, Wiseman sure went down pathetically easily and I've been pondering about this for a while now but what the fuck is this war supposed to be? It's just scrubs randomly killing each other. No strategies or any kind of planning involved from the different factions. They're just shooting magic beams at each other and hoping it would hit an enemy. Don't these community ever run out of noob soldiers?
- They try to give Nanase some dilemma a few episodes ago whether to trust Wizard Brace or not by dumping information on him about their bloodstained past but in the end, it doesn't even matter because the anime doesn't show us that Nanase is having an internal struggle over it and is just blindly following everyone.
- The Living World is now in complete chaos but hey let's just ignore the war for a bit so we can train our MC in the midst of all the destruction. Is this war even that important? The whole plot of Mahou Sensou revolves around the Magic War but it doesn't really seem relevant because they barely show it to us.
- I don't even know what's Nanase's mother's purpose is supposed to be. She's introduced in the beginning and got sidelined, save for some info dump about her history, and then suddenly she comes back into the screen just to train Takeshi. Well at least, we see her in action now instead of those random glares she's been giving Nanase in the beginning.
- OST felt out of place during Takeshi and Mui's conversation.
- Oh my god. I fucking heard Isoshima scream "Takeshi!" again.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.