Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2014 10:49 AM
Feb 2014
TheArchangel said:
Soundtrack is amazing! When's it coming out?

OST soundtrack #1 : April 23rd
OST soundtrack #2: June 25th

Not sure if they're specific to each season though.
Mar 6, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
Damn i was hoping the speculations weren't true but NOPE NOPE they were ._. Even though it was predicted I liked the execution and the feels that came with it.
One giant step back for Hikari x Manaka ._.
Hopefully Tsumugu will grow some testicles and ask her (Chiskai) out/ confess by following Kaname's example lul.......
Poor Kaname... He pretty much got rejected a second time with that awkward silence/ pause. It was hard to watch....I felt bad especially when he said just kidding..... because he knew...... Chisaki x Kaname ship just got hit by an atomic bomb...
Hoping for more drama between the Sea God and the world lol. Honestly that's the best kind of drama this show has to offer. He conjures up the best shitstorms (episode 13 and this episode).The drama with unrequited love is pretty weak/boring at this point with the exception of Tsumugu x Chisaki.

Still shipping Hikari x Manaka
Tsumugu x Chisaki
Sayu x Kaname
Sorry Muina #foreveralone or that one kid that confessed to her >.>

Mar 6, 2014 11:03 AM
Jan 2011
OMG! This, this is anime! This is the high, the seeing of what greatness is! OML, OMG! This is unreal! OMG! This is art!
Mar 6, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2008
Throw Manaka back into the sea. She's causing too many problems.

So, I guess Hikari is prepared to spend the rest of his life getting Manaka to fall in love with him. And, Miuna is going to spend the rest of her life trying to get Hikari to fall in love with her. Likewise, Kaname is going to spend the rest of his life trying to get Chisaki to fall in love with him even after Chisaki's gotten married to Tsumugu and had five children with him. Yeah, I can tell this won't end well.

Still loving Tsumugu! Not to many people out there that can keep their cool with a fish face hanging out of their forearm...and he's taking care of it too! So awesome!!

And...was Uroko getting turned on by Miuna's Ena?

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaMar 6, 2014 11:41 AM
Mar 6, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
Hannah_Ana said:

Sent with Mal Updater

Yes the guy is obviously a pedophile. He even told Manaka once that she was ovulating and took a wiff of her too lmfao.

Mar 6, 2014 11:13 AM
Jan 2011
Hannah_Ana said:
Throw Manaka back into the sea. She's causing too many problems.

So, I guess Hikari is prepared to spend the rest of his life getting Manaka to fall in love with him. And, Miuna is going to spend the rest of her life trying to get Hikari to fall in love with her. Likewise, Kaname is going to spend the rest of his life trying to get Chisaki to fall in love with him even after Chisaki's gotten married to Tsumugu and had five children with him. Yeah, I can tell this won't end well.

Sent with Mal Updater

I thought it was because Miuna is in heat?
Mar 6, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2009
Lol Uroko has the nose of an unfixed dog.

Yeah, saw the whole Manaka-losing-her-feelings-of-love thing coming. I think the series goes a bit far to foreshadow things; plot twists are pretty clear at least an episode or two away. Wouldn't be surprised if Miuna sacrifices herself for Manaka at this point; the series seems to have set her up for the role of tragic heroine with unrequited love. I would love to see Uroko intervene as opposed to simply observing. It would be a nice change for him, considering the power he has.

Still not feeling the Tsumugu x Chisaki x Kaname dynamic. Chisaki needs to make up her damn mind and stop leading the two on. Wonder if the three will do anything substantial before the end of the season.
Mar 6, 2014 11:45 AM
Jan 2014
Something is bugging me...
If the the god wanted to make Manaka unable to love someone, why did he take away part of her memories too? Wasn't sufficient that she couldn't love anyone anymore? So her memories ARE important, and if she regaines them, maybe she could get her feelings back.
What do you guys think?
Mar 6, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
I loved this episode, I used to ship for HikarixMiuna but I can't ship for anyone.
HikarixManaka sunk again, makes me feel bad for Manaka...
Finally they found Uroko-sama, they talked with them about Manaka, the world, Miuna's ena and they don't say a word about Tsumugu? Maybe that fish is going to stay for a while lol.
And that scene with Sayu feeding Tsumugu's fish while they were listening to the joke confession was good, maybe Sayu tries to do something.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 6, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
Well it may well end up with Miuna having to go into the sea on a permanent basis, perhaps with Uroko (who quite frankly comes off pretty good in comparison to most of the other males in this show). I think it would be trading up for her to go from Hikari to him.

It looks like Kaname has actually given up based on that momentary conversation with Chisaki. I'm willing to bet that as soon as Tsumugu actually makes a move with Chisaki, that curse fish will disappear (Uroko trying to move things along there as well.)

So in the shipping news, I'll make it Chisaki x Tsumugu, Sayu x Kaname, and Manaka x Hikari (after a little more drama) and I'll add the Miuna x Uroko submarine.
rodacMar 6, 2014 11:55 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
Jillian92 said:
Something is bugging me...
If the the god wanted to make Manaka unable to love someone, why did he take away part of her memories too? Wasn't sufficient that she couldn't love anyone anymore? So her memories ARE important, and if she regaines them, maybe she could get her feelings back.
What do you guys think?

That is probably the case. Yea all the memories erased are associated to her past romances. Manaka's lying about her fish being removed just so she can get the attention of Tsumugu. Hikari's hug/ confession at their old school. Manaka's promise to give Hikari a response after the Ofeniki. Restoring a memory might tip the scales but not sure how they plan on doing so. Who knows maybe it won't ever happen. Tragic ending ftw
zzzeallyMar 6, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
Manaka's eyes ;-;
The HikarixManaka ship has sunk.
Mar 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
wow to never fall in love is something. I feel bad for Hikari although to be honest I don't like him I still prefer Tsumugu, I hope he confess to Chisaki though. Good episode :)
Mar 6, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2013
Wow. that caught me by surprise a bit. But yeah I've been on the "Miuna will sacrifice herself for Hikari and the world" ship for the past few episodes, and this only further convinces me that it will happen. So far I'm thinking a HikariXManaka, ChisakiXTsumugu, and not a set in stone KanameXSayu relationship-ish thing will develop by the end, with Miuna replacing what originally would've been her step-mom as the permanent Ofuneki. We'll see though, I'm hoping the show proves me wrong and does something to really surprise me! 4 more Eps!!!
Mar 6, 2014 12:14 PM
Jan 2010
Anyone here think Miuna is connected to the sea god, as the daughter to the of the sea god's wife. Pictured in her arms? I mean why would she get Ena...
Mar 6, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
Nothing surprised me in this episode. In the previous episode several people, including myself, said that Manaka have lost the ability to love or something like that, it was very obvious... now I just want to see how it will end.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Mar 6, 2014 1:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oops guess I was wrong when I said that Manaka's eyes was due to not being able to handle all the changes last week...it was instead due to her inability to love :(

So we learned a lot from Uroko-sama this episode, but I'm still wondering why Miuna is developing ena, or is it really because of what the prof and Tsumugu hypothesized, because she was in a stressful situation which triggered it?

I liked how it was explained that the sound underwater was the ena of the remanents of the sea god and also Manaka's ena which made a current. It seemed sad that their ena would be their emotions flowing underwater...

Last week someone talked about the coffee vs sweets, and I'm wondering why Tsumugu gave Kaname unsweetened coffee? I know he took the juice for himself because that's what he prefers (from that convo with Sayu), but it seemed that Kaname was also surprised that Tsumugu have him the coffee.
Mar 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
...what is this terrible feeling im getting.It feels like something will happen to Miuna soon and i'll really hate it.Tho i also feel really bad for Manaka, losing ability to love someone has to be one of worst things ever.
Miuna, fighto! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ
incompleteAEGISMar 6, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
I have hope if they can't return Manaka memories, feelings, Ena... Hikari will still be with her... *.*

Hikari, you showed how mature you are, and how strong feelings you have for her,
just don't ruin it, give up, because she become like that...
Manaka is still Manaka *.*
Mar 6, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2008
ALL ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN (dem eyes)
Mar 6, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2013
Whoa what Uroko-sama said was the perfect bitchslap for Hikari, life isn't fair.

It feels a little predictable what is going to happen but still let's see how it goes. This anime has a thing about always getting to surprise me!
Mar 6, 2014 1:51 PM
Jun 2012
Jesus, shit's serious.
Mar 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2007
LittleStar said:
kawaii-despair said:
Would be so a plotwist if in the end Miuna would sacrifice herself for Hikari's feelings to reach Manaka and Manaka saying that she doesn't love him.

I think this would be bad writing...

That would make me fall in love with anime all over again! Ha ha!

Mar 6, 2014 2:05 PM
Apr 2013
Alright i'm extremely happy with this development in that the ending will be heart wrenching anyway you look at it. That's all I expect or even want from this show. I don't care what the end ships are, though tbh it's still really up in the air. I mean Miuna could easily sacrifice something of hers for Manaka's ability to love, but i'd punch a fucking duck if that happened. I don't like Manaka that much, plus she's gotten VERY little real development. She's more like the gas that drives the story along. Not even a real character. Either way the end will be really bittersweet, and that's what I wanted. If they don't pull some deus ex machina to make it a fuck all happy ending i'm giving Nagi no Asukara a solid 10.
Mar 6, 2014 2:08 PM
Jan 2010
funny how in the first episode when Uroko interacted with Manaka, no one wanted to ship them. but now that he interacted with Miuna, it is suddenly becoming a popular pairing.
Mar 6, 2014 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
Waiting for Miuna's sacrifice. I want her to sacrifice herself for Manaka's love/ena/everything.
And oh my GOD this episode was the best. That scene Hikari x Manaka was amazing. Feels. FEELS.
Mar 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Sep 2008
v3catsxanime said:
funny how in the first episode when Uroko interacted with Manaka, no one wanted to ship them. but now that he interacted with Miuna, it is suddenly becoming a popular pairing.

I think, because there is a strong possibility that Miuna will end up alone,
so maybe people want her to be with somebody,
even if this old dude...
also there are theories she become next sacrifice,
so maybe that's why?
Mar 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
damn..... that was crazy.....

i kind of look forward for all of this to end because I really want to know what happens in the end

4 more weeks
Mar 6, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder in next 3 episodes Hikari and rest will think how bring back Manaka feelings...

Eh... when I thought shipping drama will be over,
they make such thing!
I don't want AnoHana ver.2 -.-
Mar 6, 2014 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
Ouch...burn for Hikari
Mar 6, 2014 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
This doesn't seem like it'll end well for Miuna.
Mar 6, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
It's finally revealed, its not her memories, rather her ability to love.
Judging from the opening itself, why do I feel Miuna would be the next Ojoshi-sama? It all leads to this, with her getting Ena.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
very sad but somehow its getting predictable.
Mar 6, 2014 3:41 PM
Jan 2014
whelp! there goes my heart
Mar 6, 2014 4:12 PM
Dec 2012
Yo, I cried... Hikari....
crap...
I'm wondering what Miuna's gonna do about it....
Kaname, doesn't need this stuff...
Tsumugu needs to something too...
Mar 6, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2013
Called it! There wasn't much things for me to infer what that crackling sound was that Miuna was hearing really other than ena. I also thought that Manaka will be the sacrifice or whatever like the Ojoshi-sama. God this series's twists are so good! Doubt Manaka will receive her "ability to love someone", not sure if I like this or not, I'm highly rooting for HiikariXMiuna
Mar 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
Damn. That was intense. So, does this mean Manaka x Hikari won't happen?

My guy friend (who calls Manaka his daughter) is gonna be pissed about this.
Mar 6, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2011
Love is Over! :( hopefully she can get her emotions back but from the looks of it i feel were gonna get a bittersweet ending

next thing everyone seems to predicting is Miuna's sacrifice.
Mar 6, 2014 4:43 PM
Sep 2012
tingy said:

So we learned a lot from Uroko-sama this episode, but I'm still wondering why Miuna is developing ena, or is it really because of what the prof and Tsumugu hypothesized, because she was in a stressful situation which triggered it?
\

i feel as though Miuna is developing ena because she has something big involved with the sea gods past and it will be involved with the later on in the series or that her mother some how intervened and saved her
Mar 6, 2014 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
It's getting serious. I think Miuna's gonna sacrifice herself. :(
Why don't we just have Uroko x Miuna? Uroko-sama's not a bad choice lol
pew pew pew
Mar 6, 2014 5:01 PM
Sep 2012
To be very honest i don't want to much of a relationship development in this I just want the four of them to be back to normal, Hikari has it rough but Manaka damn I wish he could get over his feelings and just think about what she lost that she doesn't even realize she doesn't have.
Mar 6, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
So Manaka lost the ability to love someone, well that is a absolutely horrible thing to lose.

Great episode!!!
Mar 6, 2014 5:20 PM
Jan 2014
New plot is that Makana lost her heart or the emotion .
Then there is an idea that Miuna should sacrifire hersefl for Manaka ( getting back her emotion) . There is an idea that Manaka should stay alone , and Hikari x Miuna .
My opinion is someone , although i don't know why , will bring her heart back without sacrifire.
I think in the last 2 episodes , Hikari or Tsumugu, will find out a Magical way to solve the problem .
It's possible because she has already lost her Ena , and so her emotion . That is not "one" thing from Orokosama saying.
Mar 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
Ugh, getting really tired of your crap "Sea God". Way to throw a tantrum. Chisaki is now finally starting to really frustrate me. At least let him down easy or admit you are confused as all hell. Ah, Kaname, it's looking like you are better without her after all.

Sniff.
Mar 6, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
Kurini said:
I'm sure Manaka needs something like... a strong trigger to makes her feeling comes back!

Yeah her Ena lol. If the Sea God's scattered scales are his emotions, then she lost her emotions along with her Ena in the same way I would guess.

That would make things difficult though since Miuna seems to have her Ena(or at least some of it) so I'm not sure how Miuna could become the sacrifice after giving Manaka's Ena back to her somehow. Or maybe she's developed her own now, I dunno.
Zeally said:
Hannah_Ana said:

Sent with Mal Updater

Yes the guy is obviously a pedophile. He even told Manaka once that she was ovulating and took a wiff of her too lmfao.
Another clue that Miuna does in fact have Manaka's Ena.
Mar 6, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2014
The episode was okay, but towards the ending was so depressing. And when Manaka looked at Hikari and Miuna, her eyes just had the most darkest things. It really scared me.

However, unable to love? Looks like HikarixManaka ship is at a slim to no chance of blossoming. I kinda want to see HikarixMiuna for like one episode before the show ends, but really I rather have Hikari and Manaka together.
Mar 6, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2012
LittleStar said:
v3catsxanime said:

I think, because there is a strong possibility that Miuna will end up alone,
so maybe people want her to be with somebody,
even if this old dude...
also there are theories she become next sacrifice,
so maybe that's why?

Alone? She's got that Minegishi kid from her class pining after her. Seems like a solid back up choice to me.
Mar 6, 2014 6:20 PM

Dec 2013
I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out yet but I just wanted to point out this fact.
Since we all know Manaka lost several memories of her, have you guys realized all the memories she lost connects to the feeling of like/love?

For example it was told that Manaka lost the memories about her lying about the fish still being on her knee, which relates to the feeling of like/love for Tsumugu.

Another example is how she forgot about what she going to confess about to Hikari before the Ofunehiki thing, which we can all guess that it was about her confessing to Hikari that she liked him.

Then we also was told that she forgot about the whole thing about Hikari confessing to her which once again, relates to the feeling of like /love.

What I'm trying to point out is the fact that she did indeed actually like Tsumugu AND Hikari because of all these hints we're given.

Hikari x Manaka and Hikari x Tsumugu ship is still alive guys no worries. (unless MAnaka becomes the sacrifice) (Although we can pretty much guess Tsumugu will succeed with Chisaki.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 6, 2014 6:44 PM

Feb 2011
I want Miuna x Hikari to happen
Maybe manaka returns to sea.

I dont want miuna to sacrifice herself.
she doesnt deserve that

Mar 6, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
KiraSeika said:
I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out yet but I just wanted to point out this fact.
Since we all know Manaka lost several memories of her, have you guys realized all the memories she lost connects to the feeling of like/love?

For example it was told that Manaka lost the memories about her lying about the fish still being on her knee, which relates to the feeling of like/love for Tsumugu.

Another example is how she forgot about what she going to confess about to Hikari before the Ofunehiki thing, which we can all guess that it was about her confessing to Hikari that she liked him.

Then we also was told that she forgot about the whole thing about Hikari confessing to her which once again, relates to the feeling of like /love.

What I'm trying to point out is the fact that she did indeed actually like Tsumugu AND Hikari because of all these hints we're given.

Hikari x Manaka and Hikari x Tsumugu ship is still alive guys no worries. (unless MAnaka becomes the sacrifice) (Although we can pretty much guess Tsumugu will succeed with Chisaki.
Someone else did mention it, but yeah that piece came into place pretty much with the pool memory. That's why it set Hikari off when he inquired on the other memories. Of course he didn't realize she'd lost her ability to love, but his suspicions throughout the episode that all of her "love" related memories(he caught onto the Tsumugu/fishknee first) were lost was pretty much confirmed. That's why it hurt him so much. The connection they had the night before the Ofunehiki had become such a beacon of hope to him, and that just shattered right in front of his face.

That'd be why you don't see anyone shittalking his character for running away like a brat, which is actually still pretty surprising considering the amount of vitriol that's been spewed about him on here over the course of the series. Now that's a sign of legit character development.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.