Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2009 7:24 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn I was a little off. A while ago I predicted that he would throw a perfect game. Instead he just throws his second no hitter of his career, this time with no runs allowed.
Dec 16, 2009 3:01 AM

May 2008
What happened to Tatsuya's dad? it's the semi-finals and he doesn't even make an appearance.
Jun 10, 2011 8:48 PM

Sep 2008
I was quite excited when the final batter was at plate.
It almost gave me the feeling that I had when the Giants won...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2015
New OP is pretty nice, really shows how much has changed since the beginning.
Aug 29, 2015 3:32 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, almost heart attack near the end when the batter managed to hit the ball and it flew up high. Good thing there is no upset, Tatsuya deserved the title ''no hitter-no run'' for this game.

Big moment for both Tacchan and the Meisei baseball team, they have finally reached the finals! Getting closer to Koushien.
Jan 10, 2016 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
So now what will the coach do...Tatsuya scores again.
Jan 5, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive, I didn't think it would actually happen.
Also i sort of get that errors don't count as hits, but still it's part of the game and they did get on base. Why does it matter how it happens?

Also, that unexpected new OP. With less than 10 episodes left they decide to use a new one.
Feb 3, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2015
Yeahh...... "No Hitter No Run". Tatsuya has really done it and I am glad for a whole episode. And thumbs up for coach Kawashiba too because of his challenge (I know he didn't expect the outcome)

New OP though
Feb 12, 2017 3:14 AM

Oct 2015
no hit no run tatsuya and damn finally he is in the spotlight.
Nov 6, 2018 2:35 PM

Sep 2011
A new OP this late in the game? It's pretty cool though!

Funny how Minami is able to speak more freely with Harada than with Tacchan these days. Welp, Tacchan got himself a record, and I'm sure that the demon didn't expect this when he gave that ridiculous "order". But that manager is SO annoying, he didn't shut up throughout the match at all. And talking again about miraculous changes of hearts, it seems that Nishimura has "accepted his lot in life"; it would've been so much better if it were something more gradual, instead of magic, but well, at least he is finally treating his childhood friend as a fellow human being who deserves respect. It took him long enough, but better late than never I guess.
Jun 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Nov 2016
My man Harada nailed it again and nice to see that Nishimura gave the manager a chance xD

Tatsuya did great, the hard work paid off and only one more to go. Nitta will be really tough, tho, especially with the conditions of the coach.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Ikeda's name....he is still here but already forgotten. Nice to see Nishimura on a date with his childhood friend.
Tatsuya really did the unexpected there, to think the good-for-nothing guy would become this serious baseball player that managed to the a no-hit-no-run in the semi finals.

Aug 23, 2020 9:49 AM
Apr 2016
My least favorite opening for sure.

A good episode though.
Mar 28, 2021 1:46 PM

Jun 2020
I must admit I shed a manly tear when the team made it to the final!

Though suprisingly I actually felt sorry for the coach for the first time in this episode. Not because of the awkward info dump "character development" from Reiko, but rather that insufferable manager. Imagine spending upwards of two hours listening to that sycophantic bellend alternate between licking your arse and putting words in your mouth.

Tatsuya's mum not knowing what a no-hitter is wwas hilarious, it was pretty much me watching tge first couple of games. I honestly had no idea what was going on when they went on about stealing bases, balls and errors. This has certainly been an educational experience.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Mar 28, 2021 1:52 PM

Jun 2020
MagEarwhig said:
What happened to Tatsuya's dad? it's the semi-finals and he doesn't even make an appearance.

Work I'd imagine. The principal was kind enough to give the kids the afternoon off on a weekday, but for most Japanese employers work comes before family. There have been examples of employees being made to leave their parents' deathbeds, let alone their son's baseball match.

And let's face it, he probably didn't book a holiday in advance since who would've thought no good Tacchan would make it to the semi-finals?
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Aug 27, 2021 5:24 AM

Jan 2018
New OP when there's just 8 episodes left including this one? Well I'm not complaining cause Yoshimi Iwasaki is back on the menu baby! But seriously the OP is good. But also it feels like they artificially created this longing for the old OP singer to return after the 4th OP. Not that the last OP was bad, I just didn't like its animation. Thankfully the new OP seems to be making up for the old one's lacking. Also why the hell is Sasaki keeping score instead of Yuka? Did he become the new manager?

Now on to the actual episode, this was the most exciting match yet. Tacchan doing no-hit no-run was pretty exhilarating. It seems the coach is giving up, good for him if this is true.
BritishBlitz87 said:
Tatsuya's mum not knowing what a no-hitter is wwas hilarious, it was pretty much me watching tge first couple of games. I honestly had no idea what was going on when they went on about stealing bases, balls and errors. This has certainly been an educational experience.
Big same.
0451Aug 27, 2021 6:45 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Episode 13 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 4, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 13, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 8 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 2, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 5 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 1, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 39 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 15, 2009

7 by doctorGero »»
Mar 15, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Apr 29, 2009

53 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 7, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.