Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2014 1:54 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A beam ! There was a beam ! From lovely's eyes !

A freakin' beam !
Mar 2, 2014 9:19 PM
Sep 2007
Entertaining episode.

Liked eye beam, and damsel-in-distress Hosshiwa was nice too.
It wouldn't surprise me if she, or Queen Mirage ended up 5th Precure eventually.

And Suite was skipped in that 10th Anniversary thing.
Mar 2, 2014 9:41 PM
Mar 2012
I think Lollipop Hip-Hop was the highlight of the episode
Mar 2, 2014 11:31 PM

Jul 2008
I'm with Hime. Pick up money, not litter.

I am pretty sure girls want a ring, not flowers. But IDK Japan.

Being friends with Yuu-Yuu would give someone diabetes. Candy all the time.

Also, a little late to realize this, but wouldn't it be weird introducing yourself as "Snow White" (shirayuki hime)?

I think it is kind of...interesting, I guess, that based on the first episode or two it was shown/implied that there were many parts of the city that were infected with the mold. But the Precure have only been handling issues that happen around them. They haven't made an effort to cleanse the city as a whole.

When that one villain says "The Precure keep getting in our way". She has fought them ONCE.

Also, why would Queen Mirage care so much about that one city? She has a whole country/world to conquer, why be so focused on one city just because there are a couple precure there? /reading too much into this.

They changed forms so much this episode.

It was pretty cool how they brought up the idea that even the Precure help others out for selfish reasons.

Holy shit the Lovely Beam. This show is bringing it.

It is kind of weird they keep comparing making others happy to "filling your stomach". The two don't really seem mutually exclusive. Or even related.

Cure Fortune for a few seconds every episode.

The whole "trap" plan was so pointless. The trap did nothing that wouldn't have been done if the villain had just attacked.
Mar 3, 2014 12:08 AM
Sep 2007
Stop trying to find logic in anime for children.
Mar 3, 2014 12:57 AM
Jun 2011
it was interesting what they said about megumi mother that she sick and she want to help her by the wish they can ask because it may get them into conflict about hime perents and megumi mother health
Mar 3, 2014 1:33 AM

Nov 2008
Psajdak said:
Stop trying to find logic in anime for children.

Stop acting like doing shows for children is an excuse to do sloppy work. Children aren't stupid.

Anyway this episode was nice, there were a lot of costume changes but I guess they really wanted to show off the toy ability. For the time being Megumi still looks like Mana done well: she has her own reason to help with her sick mother, the show admits helping others is a bit selfish and not in the "HERP DERP I CAN BE SELFISH TOO EVEN THOUGH THE PRIMEVAL SELFISH COULDN'T CORRUPT MY HEART FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS" Mana way but in a reasonable one, and Hime comes as helpful but still silly and her own character instead of solely revolving around supporting Megumi like Rikka often was. Sure, she might still become Mana 2: The Revenge somewhere along the line, but for now she's not looking bad. Also Yuuko has a lot of screentime, not that I mind since is better than a never-before seen character being the new Cure. Fortune is looking silly however, two episodes of onlooking are just absurd and makes her scolding Hime as "useles" bad when she never helps at fights and merely sits back and watches. Oh well, maybe she has REASONS.

And speaking of fights, it was mostly nice but it had my two legitimate complaints of the episode. First and worst is, well, what WAS Hosshiiwa's plan? It basically came like this:

1. Bring Cures to a river bank
2. Reveal myself
3. ????
4. Success!

Which isn't really a plan. Now, if after the battle and when the Cures had their guard down she made Excadrill show up and captured the girls, THEN revealed herself, that'd be an actual plan. A simple one, but a plan. This is just stupid. The proper battle was cool, but Lovely shooting eye beams is weird since aside from Cyclops they tend to be used by VILLAINS, just look at Dragon Ball or even at Dark PC. It was still cool anyway, like Lollipop Hip-Hop even if it was the same thing as Cherry Flamenco. The other issue with the fight was Hime going "Hey, Megumi, finish this" which just strikes me as odd. Why not yourself? Why Megumi? It reminds me of the time Kanade told Hibiki to get a kill with her upgraded Beltier, the only time said upgrade was used not as a combination attack. And Suite is not the kind of show you wanna be like. It didn't deserve to be skipped however, and for SMILE of all things. Poor Suite and poor Splash Star. Bet next one is freaking Mana Sue. Anyway it was a good episode and the preview looks nice as well, so looking forward to it!
Mar 3, 2014 1:39 AM

Sep 2012
Precure is now aimed at 6/7 years old little girls. They're not looking for something logic. Just something that can entertain them.
Mar 3, 2014 1:57 AM

Nov 2008
Arlia said:
Precure is now aimed at 6/7 years old little girls. They're not looking for something logic. Just something that can entertain them.

That still isn't an excuse. There isn't any excuse for sloppy work, period.
Mar 3, 2014 2:05 AM
Sep 2007
Like kids care about that.
Mar 3, 2014 2:20 AM

Nov 2008
Psajdak said:
Like kids care about that.

Of course kids care. They might not look at every tiny detail, but they care. Underestimating your target audience is the worst thing you can do, even if aiming something at children.
Mar 3, 2014 2:35 AM
Sep 2007
I'm assuming you're an adult...

First, children don't care, especially not Japanese kids, in fact most of Japanese of any age don't really care about logic, because Japanese anime viewers mostly care about cool explosions, and character designs, action, powers moved by raw emotions, etc...
That doesn't make children stupid, it just makes them - children.

Second, if you, being adult, still keep watching Precure series despite this sloppy work, then I see no reason why would animators need to make anything better, if you will continue to watch no matter how bad it gets.

IMO, the only fault with Precure series is too much focus on pink Precures, but I doubt this will ever change, so what's the point in complaining.
Mar 3, 2014 3:29 AM
Jun 2011
Psajdak said:
I'm assuming you're an adult...

First, children don't care, especially not Japanese kids, in fact most of Japanese of any age don't really care about logic, because Japanese anime viewers mostly care about cool explosions, and character designs, action, powers moved by raw emotions, etc...
That doesn't make children stupid, it just makes them - children.

Second, if you, being adult, still keep watching Precure series despite this sloppy work, then I see no reason why would animators need to make anything better, if you will continue to watch no matter how bad it gets.

IMO, the only fault with Precure series is too much focus on pink Precures, but I doubt this will ever change, so what's the point in complaining.
but it looks like this time they focus more on the blue cure and not the pink
Mar 3, 2014 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
Psajdak said:
slightly racist assumptions

I am not looking for logic in the sense that the show must have a perfectly coherent story and be amazing in every aspect. But there is nothing wrong with just examining the story and discussing contradictions or flaws. Everyone has their own opinion, and for example, I think Heartcatch was done extremely well. So why can't I hold up every season to Heartcatch's standards? (Not saying that they have to be Heartcatch 2.0, but that they should be able to develop the story and characters in a way that is as good or better).

Also, don't underestimate children.

~~~

@eliior1: Oh that is true. They might only end up with one wish in the end.
Mar 3, 2014 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
l like how Princess's name is literally "Snow White"
Mar 3, 2014 5:51 AM
Sep 2007
Well, there is also Deep Mirror.
Mar 3, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2008
After this episode I feel like literally everybody in this show has some kind of backstory. Even Hoshiiwa, yes. Oh, Toei, make it so! That being said - little tidbits like Megumi's mom being of frail health, Hime talking about her parents, they felt very natural and cool. I like where this is going. And Yuu-Yuu, be my friend too, please.

As for the plan - I think it's ultimate goal wasn't actually killing PreCure but to deliver the speech that'd destroy Lovely's morale and make her resign from the position. Which sounds like a plan and IS quite logical when you realize she's kinda fresh to this whole heroine business and didn't face something more challenging outside kicking Terribads asses. But that's just me.
Mar 3, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2009
7:34 megumi giving hime dat happiness injection. cheeziness accepted

---------------------
1. i almost never watch shows like this cuz it's aimed for young people. but there are some moments that are worth watching.

2. i skip all the fight scenes and anything without megumi x hime. those 2 are interesting.

3. i'm studying japanese & can almost understand them. shows like these use simple language, so it's more like practice for me.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 3, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2007
Cute episode, though I'm not crazy with how much they had to hammer in the "be nice to others" lesson. Encouraging the little girls watching this show to be nice to others is fine and all, but there's a fine line between nice and self sacrificing, and I think the latter can be a rather toxic thing to teach girls. Not sure if this episode really crossed that line, but it was at least edging close enough to it for it to be noticeable in my opinion.
Lolipop Hip Hop was adorable. ♡ That outfit is my favorite so far, and I loved the music that went with the sequence.

Psajdak said:
First, children don't care, especially not Japanese kids

Wow, not only are you stupid, you're racist too.

It's like ZettaiRyouiki said. "It's for kids" it's a shitty excuse for not putting any effort into your work.

Mar 3, 2014 12:42 PM
Sep 2007
I'm not sure what is so racist about saying that Japanese more prefer illogical things, explosions, hope, dreams, and all that stuff...

Go to YouTube, and find comments of Japanese about some anime, movie, game, etc...
All you will hear is: sugoi, sugoi, sugoi, sugoi, sugoi...
They never comment on logic, characters, or story, only on amount of colors, explosions, special attacks...

That doesn't make them stupid, it's just that they enjoy more brainless stuff.

Also, here in Precure we are talking about little girls fighting enemies on (usually) planetary scale, and they always win.
If you see any logic in that itself, than I don't know what to say.

And even if it is shitty excuse, what can you do to change it?
What kind of influence over Toei do you have, for them to put more effort into their work?

Btw, it's kinda cowardly to call people stupid over Internet for no reason, that's something you say in someone's face, if you dare, that is.
Mar 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
Psajdak said:
text text

I think your viewpoint that it is fine to feed children mindless action and fluff is fair. Children don't need intricate plotlines or "logic" to be entertained.

But there also isn't a problem with expecting more out of children's shows. Many shows that are "directed at children" have very interesting storylines and good character development, and find a way to appeal outside of the demographic. It is annoying that Toei, especially with DokiDoki (or so most people say on here), has been fine with delivering the bare minimum. That is all they need to do, because Precure is selling as well as ever, if not better than ever. But as fans of the show we can still voice our opinions on what we don't like and what we would like to see. We are not saying Toei will listen to us, or that Precure "needs to change" and that we have a way to make that happen. We are just discussion the show on a level above "wow Cure Lovely totally danced this episode".
Mar 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
Okay, pal, let's try to see if your theory that Japanese are all ADHD children holds weight. For this we shall use this video of a remake of the OP for Combattler V since it has lots of colors and explosions and shit. I'll translate a couple comments and see how they hold up.

非常に異なるwwwww

Totally different lololololol

ガルーダがイケメン過ぎるwwww

Garuda is too much of a hunk lolololol

アニメで見たい!

I want to see this as an anime!

コンVは体重550tであって質量550tでは無いんだよね、合体の時や空中戦の時なんかになんの推進力も無く浮いてる時がある。つまり何もしない状態でも重量軽減効果があるんだよ。きちんと質量で表記すればもっと重くなるはず、そうでなければ超電磁スピンの破壊力も説明できないよ。

Com V has a weight of 550 tons, but not a mass of 550 tons, as when combining or when having aerial battles it floats without any means of propulsion. If its mass was listed properly it'd be a lot heavier, as otherwise there is no explanation for the destructive power of the Super Electromagnetic Spin.

絵は良いけど、曲は違う・・・ヤッターマンの高見沢verみたいw 

The art is good, but the music is off... It's kinda like the Takamizawa version of Yatterman, lol

人間の身長と体重の比率に比べたらそれだとすごく軽いんですよ、実は。

Actually it's really light when compared to a human's proportions.

今風な絵も悪くないけど、どうせなら安彦絵にして欲しかったな

Modern artstyles aren't bad, but I still prefer the Yasuhiko artwork.

And so on. You get the picture by now, they talk about a lot of stuff. Meanwhile every third English message is stuck in the "LOL CROTCHMISSILE" part, when only one Japanese comment mentions it. So yeah, the "Japanese care only about pretty drawings" myth has been BUSTED.
Mar 3, 2014 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
Psajdak said:

Go to YouTube, and find comments of Japanese about some anime, movie, game, etc...

lmaooo at the end of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OsswsRhJipw#t=74
Mar 4, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2008
Hey... uhm.... this is the same guy who killed off a fairy and a cure's dad for GOOD, and Megumi's mom is sick....
He wouldn't.... you know... ?
Mar 5, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Psajdak said:

Btw, it's kinda cowardly to call people stupid over Internet for no reason, that's something you say in someone's face, if you dare, that is.

I don't know if I consider it cowardly, only because the option of calling you stupid to your face isn't available. BUT if if were, I would gladly take it, even if I didn't think you're stupid, just because of this comment.

I'm kinda sad that they skipped Suite in favor of Happy and not someone else from Smile. I think it would be kinda hilarious if they skipped Doki and just went back to Splash Star, just cause.
Mar 7, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2010
Well, on lj people says that the next cure will be Egret, so... :3
(http://asahi.co.jp/precure/happiness/story/ - link, Cure Egret marked yellow)

edit: and I was happy to see Happy <3 Smile is my favourite.
Eiko_CarolMar 7, 2014 12:40 AM
Mar 7, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
I swear, I am going to jizz in my pants if this gets better
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
Houndthree said:
I swear, I am going to jizz in my pants if this gets better

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh .............
Mar 9, 2014 1:52 PM

May 2007
Psajdak said:
Japanese more prefer illogical things

They never comment on logic, characters, or story

it's just that they enjoy more brainless stuff.

If you can honestly look at any of these things and say "what's racist about this?", then bro, you've got some gross issues you need to sort out. Either that or you need education.

Apr 30, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2011
This was an alright episode. Nothing special, but still pretty good. The one thing I did enjoy most was that Cure Happy was in it and by episode 5. Happy is one of my favorite Cure's of Smile and Precure.

I like how the fact that the Cures, are using the cards they collect. Seeing as most team's don't use any of the item's they get. Learning about Megumi's wish was nice.

Only thing that bothered was it felt like the crammed 4 lessons in 1 episode. That was just a bit odd to me.
animedude1287May 1, 2014 10:16 PM
May 1, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2009
Cure Happy!

love her voice actor Fukuen Misato :D

It's pretty interesting how they use the Precure Cards to help the people out. I freaking knew they would changed into nurse outfit when the dog was hurt XD

Seems Cure Lovely's mom has some kind of sickness :(

Queen Mirage should really do the work herself is she's really that annoyed about the super ultra happiness that emits from the city.

Never knew Hosshiwa's voice actor is Okamura, Akemi :D

Cure Princess saves the day!! They really should shout Ora Ora Ora or Muda Muda Muda when they do the hundred punch technique XD

Can't wait for more episodes! I hope more Cure Smile or Fresh Precure characters appear in the 10th year anniversary thanks messages :)
Jun 3, 2014 1:27 AM

Sep 2012
Even without watching episode 5 yet I can say seeing Cure Happy made me miss her. Such a tease. This season is only doing so well for me like a bunch of rehashing.

Also pink hair this season isn't being a bit too helpful like Mana last season? Ehh hypocrites.

She like a blend of Cure Happy and Mana.
RPGX_OmegaJun 3, 2014 1:37 AM
Jan 16, 2019 6:39 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Cure Happy at the start made me smile so much n_n

This was a bit more average episode compared to the previous nice ones, I definitely agree with wanting to help others is always a good thing, but maybe it was too spammed this episode, still fun nonetheless.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.