Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 28, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
OMGOMGOMG Ghost Banri !!!!!

Oh phew. I thought GB took him over completely but who knows in the last 4 episodes!!! So Banri has both is past memories and his current ones.
AnimeFan500Feb 28, 2014 2:09 PM
Feb 28, 2014 2:08 PM

Dec 2011
Noooooooooooo ghost Banri, please go away and never come back.
Feb 28, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2010
A lot of sweet moments of Banri x Koko
Oka going with Koko to a Belgian Chocolate sale? Heck she can afford the entire store xD

The tea club duo misguided Tada sadly
I liked the festival dance, Banri getting his memory back all of the sudden was done great
His scared and escape reaction was portrayed well

Hoping he will get his act together next after looking at the preview
Feb 28, 2014 5:14 PM

Feb 2014
The episode was okay. Except I hated that Old Banri came back(WHY!).

The question is though, although he got his memories back, are his current feelings different now? Is he still in love with Koko?(I hope he still is, I want to see her give the ring) Or does he now like two girls?(If that's the case, there'll be A LOT of drama leading up to the finale).
Feb 28, 2014 5:26 PM
Jan 2013
The ending was just WTF. Why is the last thing Banri remember the waiting on the bridge for Linda? He just lost all his present memories? And then he remembered Koko all of a sudden. Why does he seem so shell-shocked?? Why is he so traumatized?

Preview is weird too. Whose voice is that shrieking about Banri? The one that says "How dare you be happy" or something. Confused.

Ugh why do they have to pull this shit with 4 episodes left? They better not screw this up.
Feb 28, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2008
Tea Girls are back. episode was saved
Feb 28, 2014 6:54 PM

Dec 2011
Alright. His memories are finally coming back at full.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
So his memories are returning huh? Hmm, I have mixed feelings about this.I wonder what{ll happen now.
Feb 28, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2009
I know that Oka doesn't know about Banri and Linda's relationship but... still, fuck her, selfish misunderstanding bitch, lol.
Anyways,

Just when I was thinking about how I didn't like the anime for its full package, and how it's almost going to end. Thank god the Banri of the past woke up completely, and at the dance festival as well.
Just when I was thinking how its pace was slow when depending on an anime, its casual pace of slice of life with the characters can be enjoyable, it wasn't for this anime because I don't care about the couple because I don't ship them, so it wasn't super enjoyable to watch. But finally the hugest breaking point has finally arrived!
Wish he stayed intact for a day at least though, damn it! Past Banri, FIGHT ON! I'm on your side!
Feb 28, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
Meh.. if only the preview doesn't show a cheerful Koko and a foolish Banri then I might have waited in suspense till next week. This show always stopped at a dramatic point only for the preview to say "it's okay, see this laughing Koko? everything's gonna be fine"
Feb 28, 2014 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
magicalanime17 said:
The episode was okay. Except I hated that Old Banri came back(WHY!).

The question is though, although he got his memories back, are his current feelings different now? Is he still in love with Koko?(I hope he still is, I want to see her give the ring) Or does he now like two girls?(If that's the case, there'll be A LOT of drama leading up to the finale).
I think it's more shock than feelings. Or rather a combination of both.

From what I take from this show, the Tada Banri before he lost his memories from the one after are two completely different people. Oh sure, he's still got the same personality, but you have to keep in mind the thoughts and feelings of Banri before the accident. His thoughts and feelings coming rushing back to him in that moment must have been a shock to both his past and present selves, so therefore his outburst. As for why his memories would come rushing back in that particular moment? Here's my theory.

During the dance, Banri commented on how bright the lights were at the festival. I think that triggered a synaptic reaction from his locked away past memories because the last thing he remembers seeing from that time was the bright headlight coming at him before knocking him off the bridge. This is a pretty loose theory though since J.C. Staff didn't animate a smooth transition of him seeing the light and then boom, past-self. Still, judging from his reaction, I think the past self that is locked away sees present Banri much the same way present Banri sees past Banri. In that he doesn't have any sort of memory or recognition, so everything is a new experience.

I'm guessing this is just an even bigger elaboration to your thoughts more so than an answer. While this series has played out the love triangle a bit, I think what we will eventually see from this series is Banri experiencing the conglomeration of his past and present selves while trying to figure out where he should be at, both physically and emotionally. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure that will lead to Koko, but Linda might need to assist in that translation if past Banri becomes to forceful.

This is why I find this series so fascinating. I'm not sure how things really happen to those who have amnesia, but it's interesting seeing how two different people who are actually the same person share the same mind and try and work things out.
Mar 1, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2010
He's memories come back. Drama is coming soon..
Mar 1, 2014 1:39 PM
Feb 2012
My poor, poor Linda. Banri's memories may be back (temporarily?), but he's going to choose Kouko in the end. And this is not me having read any of the novels, but a blatantly obvious story conclusion.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 1, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
Forgetfulness said:
What the fuck is this show doing with ghosts?
First, they make his disappeared memories into a ghost, give him superpowers over weather and sleep, then they kill him and now they bring him back for like no reason. Also, if the ghost was actually his past self, Banri shouldn't have said that the last thing he remembered was being on the bridge because his ghost was watching him throughout his college life. Like seriously, please get things straight Golden Time

Was kinda hoping ghost Banri would actually come back. I don't even care about whether or not he gets with Linda, but right now the show is feeling meh and they keep throwing in this dumb "OH MY GOD HE'S BACK. OH WAIT, A FEW SECONDS LATER HE'S NOT" bullshit. Either do it, or don't ffs

There is no actual ghost and never has been. It's just a way of telling the story from the point of view of the past Banri as an observer of events. He could never control weather or any such stuff .. it was just bad luck.

However, current Banri has always been afraid that there was a past self that would 'erase' his current existence. That what the Ghost Banari is .. it's a projection of his fear of loosing everything he has gained over the past year. When he had the dream of letting the Past Banri fall from the bridge it was like him accepting that there was not two of him and past Banri and present Banri are just simply Banri. Now that he has finally accepted that it probably made it easier for him to gain his past memories as he was no longer fighting it.
Mar 1, 2014 7:57 PM
Jan 2014
scruffykiwi said:
tangytangerine said:
The way Linda has acted throughout the whole show make me wonder if she knows what she wants. She avoids Yana-san because she doesn't feel anything for him. Now she'll probably start to avoid Banri now(despite having his memories back), since she's felt she's moved on. She'll probably be the character in the end all alone, because she doesn't know what will make her happy in life.

The thing I don't understand about Linda is why did she not contact or at least attempt to contact Banri for that year he had to repeat while he had no memory of the past. Instead she just mooched and watched him from a distance like the flashback scene where Banri leaves the hospital. Did she really think she would just meet him again and they would just 'fall in love' because it was fated or something??

To me it seems like there is some guilt that kept Linda away from Banri for that year. It doesn't seem right that if you were in love with someone you would not help them in their time of greatest need.

You can say she feel guilty for his accident. She made him wait at the bridge and he fell before she got there.
Mar 1, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
^ And you never know, some speculation suggests she may have been involved with the accident. O__O

And as for this episode: Oh sheeeeeeet.
Mar 1, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
I'm impressed Banri didn't get knocked unconscious. A lifetime of memories suddenly returning has got to feel somewhat similar to getting hit by a truck. I'd say that this isn't "Ghost Banri" returning per se, just that his old memories temporarily dislodged his newer ones. He still remembers Kouko at the end after all.
Mar 1, 2014 9:43 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder if Banri is actually gonna keep his memories this time or if its gonna be a temporary thing. the Tea Club girls were great like usual.
Mar 1, 2014 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god not again.
Mar 1, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
I have a feeling nothing is going to really change between Koko and Banri even after Banri's memories return to him. And seriously what's up with Miss Ultrasonic?! Okay so she likes Yana-san and that is clearly understood but why act that way with Banri since the last episode??!
Mar 2, 2014 1:48 AM

May 2010
That "past Banri" is starting to get annoying me !! =__=
MyAmyMar 2, 2014 2:06 AM
Mar 2, 2014 3:53 AM
Dec 2013
Totally called it. As I've stated all along, this is what real retrograde amnesiacs have to go through as memories restore themselves through spontaneous recovery. It's just themselves and their own subconsciousness in internal conflict. There's no actual "ghost" in reality. They will eventually have to reconcile their past and present to decide their future. You can't abandon your past and reality, that's called living in ignorance and denial.
Mar 2, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Woahh Banri has his chance to dump that psycho Koko and date Linda! CMON!!!!
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil." - Senjougahara Hitagi
"What we see is reality, what we remember is an illusion." - Cloud Strife
Mar 2, 2014 12:54 PM

Sep 2011
TheMeatwad said:
Totally called it. As I've stated all along, this is what real retrograde amnesiacs have to go through as memories restore themselves through spontaneous recovery. It's just themselves and their own subconsciousness in internal conflict. There's no actual "ghost" in reality. They will eventually have to reconcile their past and present to decide their future. You can't abandon your past and reality, that's called living in ignorance and denial.

Agree 100%. Banri has always been afraid of being 'erased' once his memories returned. Once he accepted that his past self was also him most of that conflict disappeared. The 'ghost' is at most an internal dissociated personality or simply just a way of telling the story from his old selfs perspective. Ghost Banri never had any magical powers. Everything attributed to ghost banri can be explained away, including the waking up during the car crash.
Mar 2, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
Iolo said:
I really hate the old Banri.

The mentioning of the exorcist was funny lol.

I too (`・ω・´).
Mar 2, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
What is happening here? D:
It was totally random when Banri snapped. He faced his past, and his 'ghost' let go of him.
And now he is coming back again to cause more trouble?
Mar 2, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2013
Spontaneous memory recovery surprised and dazed him for a moment... It doesn't seem like the ghost Banri's back, but more like it's the usual Banri who got his memories back.

With this he can finally properly compare the old feelings he had for Linda to new ones he has for Koko and come to conclusion that the real woman he loves is none other than... NANA! :)
Mar 3, 2014 2:40 AM
Dec 2013
What Banri essentially has is two sets of "fresh" memories. One set of fresh new ones he's made post-accident, and the original set that the brain views as "fresh" and trying to pickup where it last left off pre-accident. So he will probably have to decide who he really is yet again. Literally becomes emotional chaos because both sets of memories will feel recent and natural.
Mar 3, 2014 2:49 AM
Dec 2013
pad_gamer said:
What is happening here? D:
It was totally random when Banri snapped. He faced his past, and his 'ghost' let go of him.
And now he is coming back again to cause more trouble?

The difference was he previously tried to face his past without actually knowing himself and his memories in their entirety, but now (assuming his brain has successfully reconnected all the memories) he has to face it again fully knowing AND actually having all of his original memories and emotions. Should be definitely interesting indeed. Drama x10.
Mar 3, 2014 3:19 PM
Jan 2014
That ending ...wow. All major Banri/Koko issues had been pretty much resolved till now. Their relationship was going so well that they really needed to introduce that drama with the memories coming back. This looks to be the final test before Banri finally gives her the ring. Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
He finally got his memories back !
Well it was eventually going to happen, and we're nearing the end of this anime.
Good for the ghost-haters, we won't see it ever again (I guess) !

Too bad there's no suspense with the ending (cf. OP, ED, pictures, etc... ; or it would be the biggest plot twist I have ever seen), otherwise with this we could have thought Linda still stood a chance...
Mar 4, 2014 2:54 AM
Dec 2013
And in the end, we discover all of his memories are of.... Nana! Epic plot twist!
Mar 4, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2010
Ah ghost Banri...the person everyone loves......
Mar 4, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2011
So it looks like ghost Banri and the memories are coming back. Hmm ... though I think with Linda nearby it should be alright.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2014 3:37 AM

Nov 2010
YES. kick Koko out of the story ... now. thanks.
Mar 5, 2014 1:41 PM

Mar 2013
I feel like the old Banri will "mix" with the new one. Making him end up with Koko but being finally in peace with Linda having another boyfriend. Now I'm not sure about it but it just feels right.
Mar 6, 2014 1:42 AM

Sep 2013
I really wish the last conflict will have a good plot twists. I've been watching this since day one and I don't want to get disappointed.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 6, 2014 6:14 PM

Sep 2008
It really feels like this show has been at a standstill for the past 10+ episodes.
Mar 7, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
I feel kinda sorry for Mitsuo.
Aaaaah i want Banri to be with Kouko, even if i really like Linda. Why are his memories coming back...
Kouko x Banri and Mitsuo x Linda.
Mar 7, 2014 3:26 PM

Apr 2011
Banri ruins what would otherwise be a great anime series. There are some very enjoyable, funny and sweet scenes. The show was seemingly moving away from ghost Banri, and I thought there was closure for him, but he just had to come back. I should've expected his return, but I really hoped he would've passed on.

I'm hoping the ending will be satisfactory. I really want to like this series.
Mar 12, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2011
TROLL FREAKIN MEMORY. That was so sudden. I really hope there is a reason as to why his memory came back at that moment. Seriously, it was so sudden it wasn't even funny.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 15, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
Well, that was pretty much inconsistent. I'm guessing we see the proposal in last episode.

It should go like this, Banri regains all of his memories --> break up --> some drama --> last episode proposal.

Going downhill. :/

And I feel sorry for Mitsuo too.
Mar 27, 2014 4:45 AM
Feb 2009
jesus banri going all episodic with his amnesia
Mar 31, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2012
Oh wow I didn't expect that ending, that's some serious shit... the episode was quite lovely although that ending! Let's see what's next!
Apr 9, 2014 6:30 PM

Oct 2010
I think now i fully grasp just how mentally unstable Banri is. Poor guy needs some help. Shame things were looking up for him.
May 1, 2014 10:16 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode. I think if Banri gets his memories back again it will be for good.
May 27, 2014 5:54 AM

Sep 2011
Ghost-san really needs to GTFO.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.