Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2009 1:11 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time, war movies parody. I lol'd hard at "Pearl Barber" bombing. :D
Mar 18, 2010 10:09 PM
Apr 2008
First they stereotyped Hong Kong and now they're poking fun at WWII. Is it just me, or am I the only one who finds this show offensive? Seriously though, the jokes aren't funny and the premise is rather boring. Meh, just my opinion after all.
Aug 25, 2011 3:20 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like Sasshi is not aiming to go home to their original world/reality but to a parallel world exactly the same to the one they've come from except it's where Masa-jii is still alive.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 10, 2012 2:28 PM

Oct 2010
production quality took a dip in this episode, not as funny as the other episodes, but pear barbour made me lol
Apr 13, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
HappyPear said:
First they stereotyped Hong Kong and now they're poking fun at WWII. Is it just me, or am I the only one who finds this show offensive? Seriously though, the jokes aren't funny and the premise is rather boring. Meh, just my opinion after all.

Nah, its just you.

Lol pearl barber. X)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 5, 2013 6:04 PM

May 2012
Lol a war episode, well it wasn't all too bad but not one I liked that much.
Nov 29, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2007
HappyPear said:
am I the only one who finds this show offensive?

No. It gets pretty offensive at times. I'm mostly bothered by the transphobia though.

Even ignoring that this was the worst episode yet IMO
Aug 19, 2015 9:57 AM
Dec 2011
this was funny ... specially when shashshi announces his post ,,..... poor mune though i hope she find what she is looking for :3
Apr 17, 2016 4:59 PM

Mar 2013
...I didn't really like this episode.
Dec 24, 2017 10:22 PM

Jan 2017
I really hoped Mune Mune would stop being fan service material when they “revealed” she was Sasshi’s grandmother, but I guess not...
Nov 18, 2020 2:33 PM

Aug 2017
Poking fun at endless military titles was hilarious, honestly I remembered people blabbering about irrelevant technical details and ranks on the bridge of some giant battleship or a command&control center xD

Aki did a Marilyn Monroe reference before being "neutralized"
I'm mostly bothered by the transphobia though.

This scene could be interpreted like that indeed.

Some drawing mistakes (the tanks were shown to be on the highground...or not). And the overall drawing quality suffered a bit too.

So Arumi's pops got "killed" while Arumi remained intact despite being in the same tank (supposedly)

Of course Gainax couldn't make a war parody without Yamato haha. And Masayuki finally proposed to Mune-Mune personally!

"Ai no cosmozone" now that's an unexpected Hi no Tori reference o_o

I really hoped Mune Mune would stop being fan service material when they “revealed” she was Sasshi’s grandmother, but I guess not...

Why would *she* stop acting the way she does just because *the viewer* got exposed to some new info?

P.S. Mune-Mune hijacking the preview for this ep. was great

----------------------

Rei_III said:

This was the black area of this series fora. Guess it serves me right.

It'll always be like that with comedies/parodies.
Rei_III said:

@St0rmblade Pretty sure we got the Yamato earlier as an inbetween frame (or was it the Arcadia?), and in ep.2 talks (Sasshi having the power of a super crusader or something). (Being in quarantine, I have no access to my DVDs though).

Arcadia was featured in ep. 3 (the crazy Imaishi episode), more than just an in-between. Don't remember anything like Yamato in ep. 2 dialogues. But in any case this was a big and visible reference in ep. 11.
St0rmbladeNov 18, 2020 4:51 PM
Nov 18, 2020 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
4/5
They stereotyped Hong Kong and now they're poking fun at WWII. Am I the only one who finds this show offensive?

I'm bothered by the transphobia.

I hoped Mune Mune would stop being fan service material when they “revealed” she was Sasshi’s grandmother.

This was the black area of this series fora. Guess it serves me right.

@St0rmblade Pretty sure we got the Yamato earlier as an inbetween frame (or was it the Arcadia?), and in ep.2 talks (Sasshi having the power of a super crusader or something). (Being in quarantine, I have no access to my DVDs though).
Rei_IIINov 18, 2020 4:11 PM
Oct 30, 2021 5:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Abenobashi war mode xD that was quite tragic
Apr 29, 2022 9:46 AM

Nov 2010
Sasshi and Arumi's conflict of interest has literally turned into world war 2. He should just be honest to Arumi. I think if he did, she'd prefer to stay in the imaginary worlds as well.

Sasshi's posting. LMAO.

Whoa, battleship Yamato. It looks so badass!

Hey, that's a remixed version of Indiana Jones OST.

The world of The Shining next ep. Looking forward to it!
Apr 20, 2023 8:33 PM
Nov 2022
lol pearl barber, they aint need to do us like that bro
Aug 4, 2023 6:13 PM

Apr 2021
Another wonderful episode.

this war was very funny, Sasshi being the poor captain.xD
Aug 4, 2023 6:16 PM

Apr 2021
HappyPear said:
Calm down brother it's just an anime, I know it takes a little to reality but there you go, what to do?.
Jan 29, 2:20 AM

Jun 2021
the least interesting episode considering the topic. Some amusing parts were Aki not being able to perform, Sayaka trying to dispose of his brother tricking him into thinking she would have been the one giving her life (even if it did actually happen after), and one of the funniest attempts at doing the previews.

More topics from this board

» I'm a dum dum

TikkiWii - Jan 28

8 by phototaku »»
Feb 26, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

88 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 12 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 16, 2008

39 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 8 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 11, 2008

23 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 10 Discussion

kisami - Dec 5, 2008

15 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.