Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2014 2:34 PM
Mar 2012
antonn said:
Not buying it. Yukou is actually Kon.
Haha, I like this version.

I'm surprised at how many people are surprised at Natsume being a girl. Must have been a strong spell.

And I'm totally confused about the bad guys. No idea who is who anymore. :/
Feb 19, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
ElenirLachlagos said:
antonn said:
Haha, I like this version.

I'm surprised at how many people are surprised at Natsume being a girl. Must have been a strong spell.

And I'm totally confused about the bad guys. No idea who is who anymore. :/

Genji, Takiko, Shindou and Mutobe are the antagonists, they just aren't "lol evulz". They have conflict of ideals and interests (wanting Yakou's revival to use him) against Harutora, Natsume and co (who don't care about Yakou at all and just want to live their lives). It's always been this way.
Feb 19, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2008
Natsume being a girl seems to be a lot more serious than I had originally thought. Even though I have no idea why.
Feb 19, 2014 4:30 PM

Dec 2011
Natsume being a girl must really serious, lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
Haven't read the LN, so I wonder: will Kon be only for comic relief in this show? Some artworks give hints that she won't be just Bakatora's mascot companion a.k.a useless in combat.
But 19 episodes in ... doesn't seem to go more than our lovable fluffy loli :D
Feb 19, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
Natsume being a girl seems to be a lot more serious than I had originally thought. Even though I have no idea why.
xJapaliicious said:

Of course its serious.

I added spoiler tags just in case, although I really don't see the point as its been hinted at so many times.
Feb 19, 2014 5:15 PM

Jun 2013
I thought they met this girl once and they are already close friends?
Feb 19, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder why everyone is so shocked about Natsume being a girl? Is Natsume not suppose to be a girl? Was she transformed from a boy to a girl at birth? I guess I will have to wait and see to find out.

Great episode!!!
Feb 19, 2014 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
Ophis said:
Paul said:
xJapaliicious said:

Of course its serious.

I added spoiler tags just in case, although I really don't see the point as its been hinted at so many times.

What you're saying just feels like a common reaction to seeing a trap character revealed. What I'm feeling feels a lot more serious than just that with how more than 3 very 'high leveled' characters were even shocked, more than surprised, at Natsume being a girl.

It's understandable that being a boy reincarnated as a girl is weird but it shouldn't be a problem unless there's a deeper meaning that Natsume loses as a girl.

Like say if X person were to marry Y's reincarnation but found out Y was reincarnated the same gender as X and thus not allowing the 2 to do so, that kind of serious. (Lol yea, weird example.)
Feb 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
LGrey said:
Haven't read the LN, so I wonder: will Kon be only for comic relief in this show? Some artworks give hints that she won't be just Bakatora's mascot companion a.k.a useless in combat.
But 19 episodes in ... doesn't seem to go more than our lovable fluffy loli :D

You have no idea......
Feb 19, 2014 6:09 PM

Dec 2011
It is stated that Yakou reincarnation will be a child of the main family. Both Miyo and Genji are present during the birth and confirmed it's a boy.
FritzionFeb 19, 2014 6:33 PM
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Feb 19, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
What you're saying just feels like a common reaction to seeing a trap character revealed. What I'm feeling feels a lot more serious than just that with how more than 3 very 'high leveled' characters were even shocked, more than surprised, at Natsume being a girl.

It's understandable that being a boy reincarnated as a girl is weird but it shouldn't be a problem unless there's a deeper meaning that Natsume loses as a girl.

Like say if X person were to marry Y's reincarnation but found out Y was reincarnated the same gender as X and thus not allowing the 2 to do so, that kind of serious. (Lol yea, weird example.)

Well, one reason for the shock was probably that they themselves being high levelled mages didn't notice Natsume was actually a girl, because of the spell put on her which helped to deceive people. Another reason which is a Major Spoiler but should be obvious at this point which is probably the reason Natsume loses as a girl is
That being said, there could always be another deeper meaning than what I've said.
-Dizzy-Feb 19, 2014 6:42 PM
Feb 19, 2014 7:04 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. I thought Natsume was just pretending to be a guy and only the principal knows this since after all, Natsume enrolled... but even fooling her... it finally all explained with a spell that will make everyone think Natsume is a boy.

Also, Takahiro Sakurai is here. Damn. They revived Suzuka's bro. I really can't wait to know why the Onmyo Agency opposes the Tsuchimikado. Having Natsume's dad to step down from his position is not enough clue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
Jagd84 said:
Jamie-sama said:
Generic harem/love triangle crap with generic magic crap.

lol what harem? Kyouko has just lost before she even started. She knows Harutora likes Hokuto and despite that she is telling Natsume to confess at the festival. She has just conseeded to Natsume. Perhaps you didn't notice, but most romance elements have directed towards those two from the very beginning.

How about stop trying to use blanket statements and buzzwords next time and actually pay attention?

Shizuka, Kyouko and Natsume all like Harutora=harem/quadrangle

Also, Kyouko told Natsume to tell Harutora that she was Hokuto not to confess. Harutora likes Hokuto but prior to her "death" neither had expressed their feelings for each other so Natsume's "reveal" does not equal auto-confession.
Feb 19, 2014 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
Talk about gossip central, no one's holding back on spreading word that Natsume is a girl. The fight was pretty cool, I have a feeling something big will happen at the festival.

Everyone pretty much knows because of the Shaver incident. I thought it was weird that Kyouko would spill the beans to Souma who is practically a stranger though.
Feb 19, 2014 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
this is basically answer everything.

souma's count down, bakatora's the one receive the effect, not natsume

the shock of natsume's being a girl and that's a big problem for them.
harutora is obviously yakou, and i support kon to be yakou too.. lulz..

and here i though i learned from anime that you can reincarnate from human to barnacles :v
Feb 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Mar 2010
kelken said:
Jagd84 said:
Jamie-sama said:
Generic harem/love triangle crap with generic magic crap.

lol what harem? Kyouko has just lost before she even started. She knows Harutora likes Hokuto and despite that she is telling Natsume to confess at the festival. She has just conseeded to Natsume. Perhaps you didn't notice, but most romance elements have directed towards those two from the very beginning.

How about stop trying to use blanket statements and buzzwords next time and actually pay attention?

Shizuka, Kyouko and Natsume all like Harutora=harem/quadrangle

Also, Kyouko told Natsume to tell Harutora that she was Hokuto not to confess. Harutora likes Hokuto but prior to her "death" neither had expressed their feelings for each other so Natsume's "reveal" does not equal auto-confession.

None of that is relevant, when comes to lov,e mutual feelings are most important and Harutora and Natsume are threshold away from that. This isn't a story where the pairings going to remain unresolved. I don't want to say anymore on this you are going to see for yourself what I'm talking about in next couple episodes.
Feb 19, 2014 9:45 PM

Sep 2013
There has to be some magic or something she's always looked like a girl to me :/ Maybe it's just because I saw her in a dress before I saw her in the guy uniform.

I'm glad they made up.

Why is everyone so damned shocked sure crossdressing then fining out is a shock, but couldn't Yakou be reincarnated as a girl?
Feb 19, 2014 10:24 PM
Nov 2013
Aggron said:

Why is everyone so damned shocked sure crossdressing then fining out is a shock, but couldn't Yakou be reincarnated as a girl?

Please Save My Earth suddenly jumps into my mind. :)

On other note, I wonder if they're going to show us Kon's ... umm ... "more competent Kon" in the remaining episodes.
Feb 19, 2014 10:33 PM

Feb 2013
I didn't like it, , don't tell me harutora is yakou reincarnation... I already fantasize about natsume as yakou with 2 combo familiar= Dragon x Tiger (Hokuto x Harutora)

still good episode though
Feb 19, 2014 11:14 PM

Jul 2011
@Ophis: -sobs- That wasn't obvious to me. Spoiled!! >___<

Natsume obviously wasn't just crossdressing. Likely, there was magic involved. Wasn't there a scene a while back where her shirt was off or something?

Dang spoilers. It's interesting how no one knew though!
Feb 19, 2014 11:27 PM

Dec 2013
Aggron said:
There has to be some magic or something she's always looked like a girl to me :/ Maybe it's just because I saw her in a dress before I saw her in the guy uniform.
Mirorin said:

Natsume obviously wasn't just crossdressing. Likely, there was magic involved. Wasn't there a scene a while back where her shirt was off or something?
I guess I will say this again.
If you read Ohtomo's dialogue when he learns about Natsume's secret then he clearly stated that Natsume was using a disguise spell to deceive professional onmyo exorcist and thus both Miyo and Ohtomo were 'deceived' by her.

Feb 19, 2014 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
How did Suzuka see through Natsume's disguise while the other more powerful mages didn't?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 19, 2014 11:38 PM

Dec 2013
xchee said:
How did Suzuka see through Natsume's disguise while the other more powerful mages didn't?
Natsume was using invisibility spell in episode 10, even Touji says that. Suzuka just recognised her as the girl she saw wearing a miko oufit and fought with her and Harutora in the countryside after her invisibility spell failed.
Also even Ohtomo says that the diguise spell was strong enough to deceive them.
Gamer6Feb 19, 2014 11:48 PM

Feb 19, 2014 11:38 PM

Feb 2013
xchee said:

watch episode 10 again and you'll have your answer
Feb 19, 2014 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
Fiji said:
Also, Takahiro Sakurai is here. Damn. They revived Suzuka's bro.

No, not her brother. Her father Dairenji Shidou. Notice how Genji told him he looks quite young and he replies it's all to match the "princess" (Takiko).

LGrey said:
On other note, I wonder if they're going to show us Kon's ... umm ... "more competent Kon" in the remaining episodes.

Patience my friend. We'll get to that soon.
Feb 20, 2014 12:40 AM

Oct 2013
This show should be called Crossdressing Saga: The Animu for using gender hiding theme as important plot.

antonn said:

Although it's not related to Yakou, even now I still doubt Kon's gender.
Feb 20, 2014 1:20 AM

Mar 2012
Losing interest : /
Feb 20, 2014 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
Hishamaru said:
xchee said:
Natsume was using invisibility spell in episode 10, even Touji says that. Suzuka just recognised her as the girl she saw wearing a miko oufit and fought with her and Harutora in the countryside after her invisibility spell failed.

Yeah I remember she saw Natsume dressed as a girl but she could have very well seen a guy wearing a miko outfit right? I mean if the disguise spell is that strong that nobody, not even the top mages noticed the truth, then why would simply wearing a miko outfit connect to Natsume = girl? Sure a guy wearing that outfit would be weird in its own right but I just find it strange that a piece of clothing would easily break the disguise/distortion. If anything, Suzuka's reaction should have been "Natsume, why were you dressed up as a girl?"
xcheeFeb 20, 2014 1:53 AM

Feb 20, 2014 2:29 AM

Dec 2013
xchee said:
Hishamaru said:
xchee said:

Yeah I remember she saw Natsume dressed as a girl but she could have very well seen a guy wearing a miko outfit right? I mean if the disguise spell is that strong that nobody, not even the top mages noticed the truth, then why would simply wearing a miko outfit connect to Natsume = girl? Sure a guy wearing that outfit would be weird in its own right but I just find it strange that a piece of clothing would easily break the disguise/distortion. If anything, Suzuka's reaction should have been "Natsume, why were you dressed up as a girl?"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miko#Definition

-Miko outfits are associated with females (that being said I don't know much about Japanese culture so if I'm wrong someone correct me on this)

In episode 17 they saw Natsume's chest so it's kind of given her secret of being a girl is revealed. Even if the disguise spell didn't break at that time, everyone would believe in their eyes and what they saw. Their suspicion later is confirmed when Harutora explains them about Natsume's cross dressing tradition.

Regarding Suzuka connecting the Natsume=girl thing, You know how gender differences when speaking the Japanese language? Stuff like words associated with males and females?
Initially Natsume was talking in a more feminine way using female associated words and she sounds much polite and softer, you can clearly notice this in episodes 1 to 3 but when she started going to school her way of talking changes and she starts using words associated with males to keep up with her disguise.
Suzuka was present at the countryside incident so it's easy for her to get Natsume=girl connection since at that time she saw Natsume in Miko outfit and her way of talking during the first story arc.

I think these things should be enough to clear your confusion as I can't answer much more than this. Next episode will tell her reasons for cross dressing so hopefully you're satisfied with it.
Gamer6Feb 20, 2014 2:47 AM

Feb 20, 2014 2:54 AM

Aug 2013
Yes I know what a miko is lol no need to link me to wikipedia. What I did not take into account was Natsume's way of speaking. I guess I was just used to hearing her use "boku" and "ore." Thank you for reminding me about that. I know what's going to happen next but that bit just bugged me.

There's no doubt everyone present during the Shaver incident knew immediately when they saw her chest that Natsume's a girl. After all it would be like "male...boobs...what? oh girl." Mind rattled. Distortion dispelled.

Feb 20, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2009
This anime has been graced by Sakurai Takahiro's voice.

They seriously didn't notice that Natsume's a girl? I think it is a bad idea that they started telling others about Natsume's gender.
Feb 20, 2014 5:15 AM
Mar 2013
liemtodaisu said:
Shih said:
So now it raises the question whether Natsume is a girl will have an influence on the Takiko and her associates. Will they still want Natsume to be on their side? I think Natsume's gender might have something to do with the reincarnation of Yakou. Can a girl be a reincarnation Yakou since Yakou is a guy?

Same thing first came to my mind when they all started acting all surprised. I mean they are all pro Shamans, there's no way they could be "tricked" so easily. They all just assumed it was Natsume because they were sure it was a boy.

The only and most logical answer really
Feb 20, 2014 6:19 AM
Jul 2013
At least, the initial bout was exciting.
Feb 20, 2014 6:23 AM
Jul 2013
This anime is terrible when it comes to plot twists. I mean there are some really crazy plot twists, but almost every single one of them was made super obvious before episode 4, when a plot twist shows up you're just like lol oh so there's where they're using this plot twist.. The anime isn't exactly bad, but it could have actually been good. Also the fight scenes are pretty cool, but they usually feel like they're pointless fights that have no impact on the story. I feel like the fights aren't part of the plot, they're just used as filler.
Feb 20, 2014 6:55 AM

Mar 2010
redaxe13 said:
This anime is terrible when it comes to plot twists. I mean there are some really crazy plot twists, but almost every single one of them was made super obvious before episode 4, when a plot twist shows up you're just like lol oh so there's where they're using this plot twist.. The anime isn't exactly bad, but it could have actually been good. Also the fight scenes are pretty cool, but they usually feel like they're pointless fights that have no impact on the story. I feel like the fights aren't part of the plot, they're just used as filler.

Except the only reason some of plot twist would be obivous was because there lots of foreshadowing beforehand. Harutora literally has a flashback he could not have had as child and his uncontrollable spiritual power was big clues to only one of them. It doesn't make you smart because you fed a couple hints through out the show on that. Furthermore there is no way you could have predicted the other twists, like Suzu being Douman's disciple, and writing about the Raven Coat. Or Takiko being Hirata and Twin Horn being allied with the Head of Onmyo Agency etc.

And you comment about fights don't make any sense. This series doesn't have that many fights to began with and because of it every one of them has been relevant to the plot. i.e If Amami hadn't beaten Hirata we wouldn't have found out about Takiko or if Harutora did not battle with Shaver he would realized the key needed to release a part of his spiritual power to control his spells properly.
Iron_MawFeb 20, 2014 7:24 AM
Feb 20, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2010
Everyone sure loves calling Harutora as Baka-tora once they realize they love him. The only one who made the impression (a great impression) was Hokuto, and then, Natsume.

swordstriker21 said:
Rcd said:
It is hard to believe that noone could figure out Natsume was a girl for this long...no doubt at all thinking that she was a boy and then utter shock when it gets announced

Well,actually it wasn't that there was no other trick to it other than her dressing up as a boy. Yasuzumi also placed a kind of spell that even pulls the wool over pro onmyouji to hide Natsumes gender. It wasn't explained much in the anime but there were several times where Tora questioned why nobody noticed Natsume was a she even though she looked quite feminine to him despite the uniform. Turns out she had a spell cast that distorts the perception of people around her so they would perceive her as male.

Now that makes sense. It was mentioned in this episode, but I was still unsure. Thanks for pointing it out.
Feb 20, 2014 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
I always thought that Harutora is the reincarnation. Well being a introduced as a Tsuchimikado and having no powers like being spirit seer is kinda weird. There must be a reason behind this.

I found Kyouko to be annoying in this episode even if the truth will eventually be found out. I was expecting Otoomo-sensei and the Principal to know that Natsume is a girl. I was surprised to know that they didn't know about it. I guess it's more like they're expecting that the reincarnation of Yakou is male.
Feb 20, 2014 8:36 AM
Apr 2013
Wow the next episode is gonna be the bomb. I actually looked up spoilers for the LN, and found out big things lol Tbh I should've seen it before, IDK why I didn't think of it before.
Feb 20, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
TragicRomance said:
Everyone sure loves calling Harutora as Baka-tora once they realize they love him. The only one who made the impression (a great impression) was Hokuto, and then, Natsume.

Feb 20, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
So everyone is surprised that Natsume is a girl. I see where this is going ^_^
Feb 20, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2012
Hishamaru said:
TragicRomance said:

You got me there O^O
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 20, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
Finally a little Progress on the series
the show were kinda boring so far
the fight scenes on the show her awesome
i always want to see more of it.

i really liked this episode and whole the emotions
scenes i give it 4/5 .

i wish the next episodes will be as good as this.
Feb 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
There are two things I'm still confused at even after reading some LN spoilers and other forums:

1. What's Kyouko's father and Takiko's real objective? everyone seems eager to resurrect Yakou but from what I'v read

2. Why is Takiko so strong?
Feb 20, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2012
VanishingKira said:
So Harutora is the Yakou,and that's why the star on his cheek was disappearing when Takiko was counting up.Cause it was releasing/challenging his Yakou powers or smth.

Also the fact that the Yakou's reincarnation was stated to be a boy is basically a confirmation too(as if it wasn't already obvious enough).

Also I thought Harutora already knew that Natsume was Hokuto but I guess not.It'll probably be revealed next episode during the festival.

That's what i was thinking too....
Maybe the reason why they exiled him was because he actually was Yakou reincarnate
Feb 20, 2014 1:01 PM
Sep 2012
rodacFeb 20, 2014 11:03 PM
Feb 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2010
@Jiraya sensei

Takiko has already stated her reason s for wanting Yakou's awakening, rewatch ep 16 when Amami fights her and the end of ep 17.

As for Genji

For number 2 because a) she is a miko with body that has enough spiritual power to house a god and b) as stated in this episode she is from the Souma Clan one of the 3 top Onmyouji families in terms of power and influence in WWII.
Iron_MawFeb 21, 2014 9:55 AM
Feb 20, 2014 9:27 PM

Sep 2013
liemtodaisu said:
Shih said:
So now it raises the question whether Natsume is a girl will have an influence on the Takiko and her associates. Will they still want Natsume to be on their side? I think Natsume's gender might have something to do with the reincarnation of Yakou. Can a girl be a reincarnation Yakou since Yakou is a guy?

makes total sense
Feb 21, 2014 3:14 PM

May 2011
So much going on now. Can someone explain to me who exactly is Takiko, other than the fact that she's from the Souma family?
Feb 21, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2010
Preciize said:
So much going on now. Can someone explain to me who exactly is Takiko, other than the fact that she's from the Souma family?

Takiko is a Yakou devotee and heir to the Souma Clan, who has familial history with the Tsucimikados. She's from older faction of Twin Horn who founded the organization to carry Yakou's ideals just like the Onmyo Academy, before most of the current members forgot all about that and turned straight to fanaticism. Takiko wants Yakou's awakening so she can returned the cult back to it's roots.

In otherwords everything the anime just said.
Iron_MawFeb 21, 2014 6:34 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.