Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2008 9:55 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thank heavens for Central Anime. ;)

And wasn't that a cute little role reversal at the end w/ Abe and Mihashi?
Jan 3, 2008 11:05 AM

Jan 2007
I loved the dugout's faces when they defended the run.
Jan 3, 2008 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
lowellagain said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thank heavens for Central Anime. ;)

And wasn't that a cute little role reversal at the end w/ Abe and Mihashi?

Yes, it is great that Central Anime picked it up. I've been following this anime since last spring (I think I don't remember exactly) when it first started showing.
This definitely had an exciting ending.
Jan 3, 2008 4:34 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Go Nishiura!
Jan 3, 2008 5:53 PM

Nov 2007
Gah. Since when would the fielding team ever want 2nd and 3rd rather than 1st and 3rd. Fielders would ALWAYS choose 1st and 3rd with one out over 2nd and 3rd. That just bothered me.

Trying to hit it on the ground with a runner on 3rd and one out isn't smart strategy. Always, always, always go for the run. You can't play for a big inning or else you'll, more often than not, score nothing.

I both love and hate cliffhanger endings. I'd certainly love it a lot more if the whole series was subbed.
Jan 4, 2008 2:24 PM
Dec 2007
Good episode.

btw the theme that Tousei fans played before the 4th inning was "Kurenai" by X Japan, it made me laugh hard for like 10 minutes :p

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 5, 2008 6:03 AM

Dec 2007
This episode is awesome, when they defended the run !
Jan 13, 2008 12:13 AM

Oct 2007
ahhh i loveedd this episode. it was so coool!

yay for mihashiiiii
and abe-kun freaking out was just amazing.

i want the next episode right nowwww =( this show is wayy too good.

and yay for more hama screen time =D
May 21, 2009 3:44 AM

Jul 2008
bluethree said:
Gah. Since when would the fielding team ever want 2nd and 3rd rather than 1st and 3rd. Fielders would ALWAYS choose 1st and 3rd with one out over 2nd and 3rd. That just bothered me.

Trying to hit it on the ground with a runner on 3rd and one out isn't smart strategy. Always, always, always go for the run. You can't play for a big inning or else you'll, more often than not, score nothing.

I both love and hate cliffhanger endings. I'd certainly love it a lot more if the whole series was subbed.
That kinda bothered me also. But I guess the first baseman doesn't have to hold the runner so there is no big hole between first and second, and I guess since the batter wasn't fast it would be easier to defend as far as getting one out is concerned.

It was a nice looking play at the end.
Jan 9, 2010 12:11 PM

Feb 2008
And..... Mihashi saves the day yet again!
Oct 18, 2010 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
I'm still waiting for them to lose because they are first years.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2010 3:34 AM

Feb 2009
Faust721 said:
I loved the dugout's faces when they defended the run.

This.And not only now,i just love Momokan's expressions of excitment.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 2, 2011 9:01 AM

Nov 2007
Yees, they didn't score a run. Amazing :D

Mihashi to the rescue! I was expecting them to get completely destroyed this inning, but I'm glad it didn't happen!

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 2, 2012 7:30 PM

Jul 2011
Go Mihashi!
May 12, 2013 8:54 PM
Jan 2013
Love this episode.
Looks like Mihashi is the only one who remembered the relaxation training. :)
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 22, 2013 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
bluethree said:

They did explain it in the anime as to why they prefer runner on 2nd and 3rd base.

Well I guess so, but it's risky with strategical catcher like Abe, and pitcher with perfect control and many breaking pitch like Mihashi. Either risk to go on base and score one (not to mention the rain that caused the muddy ground, that might too, catch them off guard), than miss everything (pop up fly). I doubt a 5th batter could actually make a clean hit with this type of battery, unless they could predict what ball is coming. If 5th batter takes his chance here and not going with the bunt, and if he did the pop up fly, then I don't think 6th or 7th batter have any chance at all in getting 2nd/3rd base back home >.>

Edit: I forgot whether it was the clean up batter who did the bunt at the end, or it was the 5th batter. Correct me if I am wrong.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 31, 2013 1:34 AM

May 2012
Nice defense!
Jan 5, 2014 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
great episode!!!! Go Go Mihashi! :)

May 25, 2014 6:00 PM
Mar 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
bluethree said:

They did explain it in the anime as to why they prefer runner on 2nd and 3rd base.

Well I guess so, but it's risky with strategical catcher like Abe, and pitcher with perfect control and many breaking pitch like Mihashi. Either risk to go on base and score one (not to mention the rain that caused the muddy ground, that might too, catch them off guard), than miss everything (pop up fly). I doubt a 5th batter could actually make a clean hit with this type of battery, unless they could predict what ball is coming. If 5th batter takes his chance here and not going with the bunt, and if he did the pop up fly, then I don't think 6th or 7th batter have any chance at all in getting 2nd/3rd base back home >.>

Edit: I forgot whether it was the clean up batter who did the bunt at the end, or it was the 5th batter. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think it was Aoki who is the 4th batter, that's probably why they were more worried about making sure he didn't hit a big one and give Tousei the extra run. It may have been a risky play with the 4th batter but not only did that make it more exciting I think it also shows the difference in experience that Tousei can admit they underestimated Nishiura and go back to the basics.
diamond-himeMay 25, 2014 6:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2014 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
That delicious Uchuu Senkan Yamato theme. The pressure is on now.
Jul 4, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2014
Oofuri's baseball is so, so satisfying. Energized and all-smiles. Yayyy good. ((* ^ ◇ ^* ))

I've been trying to hold back from marathoning this in the re-watch, but. The g ame. Is so good. I knew this would happen. I knew it. But.

Gonna get nothing done today. OTL
Mar 31, 2015 9:38 PM

Feb 2015
Mihashi is doing great!
currycurry said:
Oofuri's baseball is so, so satisfying.

I didn't expect to like baseball so much! Ahh, it's so good.
Apr 23, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Best defense so far.
May 18, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, every time these supporters appear on screen i get flustered. If you have that much time on your hands, at least do something for yourself instead of leeching on other people's achievements...

Watch out for the Mihashi burn-out.
Feb 19, 2019 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
I was scared he injured himself at that last play, phew.
Jul 21, 2021 2:11 AM

Dec 2020
tousei is catching up, but DAMN mihashi's on his game that last bit was great
Jul 14, 2022 7:00 AM

Jan 2021
I'm the only one how noticed Yamato's theme song during the game?
Jan 20, 2023 11:11 PM

Jan 2020
Bruh hearing the Yamato theme caught me off guard. Never would’ve expected to hear it in a baseball anime of all things. Not a bad thing tho :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 8 Discussion

Trie - Aug 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 11, 2007

32 by RGreatDanton »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 4 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.