Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2007 4:57 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The game is finally over. It was a great end. Nice to see the team pull through this one. The chemistry between the players are great. And Momoe's reaction to some of the situations were priceless. This show is getting better by the episode. Looking forward to more
Aug 11, 2007 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah finally the practice game is over, oh man Mihashi's facial expressions are hilarious, he always seems so insecure but it's funny^^,
The next episode looks good^_^
Aug 12, 2007 12:05 PM

Nov 2006
"WE WOOOOOOOOOON!!!"

great ep, i'm so glad Abe and Mihashi are "buddies" again.
and Mihoshi apologizing to Mihashi in the end was great!

my favorite part had to be Tajima taking Mihashi back to the bench though, that made me feel good :)

i know i say this every time, but damn this show is gay :D
momoe just makes it worse somehow...i see her as the anime form of the manga-ka now, haha.
i love her to pieces though, she's such a great character.

abe watching mihashi at the end was priceless.
"I WILL DEVOTE MYSELF TO YOU FOR 3 YEARS!" or whatever was lol :D
Aug 12, 2007 12:18 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Mihashi is the lamest and pussiest male ever.
Aug 15, 2007 2:43 AM
Mar 2007
Xinil said:

true! if he wasn't like this, the show could be much better.
Dec 29, 2007 11:57 PM

Oct 2007
vanofthedawn said:
Xinil said:

true! if he wasn't like this, the show could be much better.

noooo even though mihashi is weak, it creates a GREAT dynamic between him and abe!! they're relationship is just great and i love watching them interact. If mihashi was any different it just wouldnt be the same. 'i'll devote myself to you for the next 3 years' -- soo cute~!

oh, kanou and oda are also pretty awesome also. god this show is so full of perfect doujinshi pairings its INSANE.

The ending of this game was great. my heart was going 'doki doki' with mihashi during the last inning. just so good. oh, and his facial expressions are awesome =)
Apr 27, 2008 10:19 AM

Dec 2007
"I don't intend to rebel !" xD
Good episode. And Mihashi was finally able to sleep ^__^
May 18, 2009 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome strikeout to end the game. And yeah, this series has yaoi written all over it.
Jun 5, 2010 9:32 AM

Mar 2009
A very satisfying ending...especially when the Mihoshi guys apologized to Mihashi.

I agree with Katsup, yes Mihashi's kind of a tool, but the show wouldn't work w/o him.

And, yea I guess I can see the yaoi tendencies, but I think ya'll are reading into too much.

I think the Manga-ka was just trying to show how close of a bond a high school baseball team can have.

But, I could be wrong, we've all seen shows like 07-Ghost or Ookami Kakushi, where it's starts of like an awesome show, and then all of a sudden...BAM!!
Yaoi in the face..LOL.

So, I really hope this doesn't go that route, but I'll find out, cause I'm definitely continuing this series...It's Awesome!!

As I've said so many times...I love Baseball anime!!

Urahara Out!!
Oct 16, 2010 10:53 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, I didn't see them winning. I was thinking along the lines that Mihoshi does so well that they would play them again some time in the future, but oh well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2011 3:00 AM

Oct 2008
Holy shit, I hate sport and have never even considered picking up a sport anime before I tried this on a whim, but I have no regrets. This is intense, I have to fight the urge to look away at some points because I don't want to see what happens (but I really do).

Also, Mihashi is absolutely adorable ;_;
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Jul 7, 2012 8:30 AM

Jun 2011
Tajima FTW! I love his serious mode! <3 WANT MORE OF IT
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 7, 2013 10:27 PM
Jan 2013
MrHatandClogs said:
And, yea I guess I can see the yaoi tendencies, but I think ya'll are reading into too much.

I think the Manga-ka was just trying to show how close of a bond a high school baseball team can have.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

This episode was a home run!
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 16, 2013 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
Rewatching this and noticed my comment above from a year ago. This baseball anime is so underrated. It is better than Major, though not as enjoyable as Major though. It's for baseball fanatic like me. Base loaded always give me chills, especially with no outs! So freakin awesome, too bad no one in their team can pull a homerun, not even Tajima. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 25, 2013 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, good arc. This show is promising. Almost reached my expectations so far - I'm hoping it'll get better in the next, but so far, it's definitely a solid 8.

Likable characters - especially Tajima, Kanou and even the MCs. My heart was beating throughout every intense moment. I can't believe I just watched 7 episodes in a row, for just one baseball game. Completely different pacing from the other baseball series I've watched (and read) but it works well.
Jan 5, 2014 3:18 AM

Aug 2009
finally the game is over! great episode! :)

Apr 11, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
Banned because I'm sticking with chili's idea for spaceship bans \(^0^)/

May 10, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2014
The long game paid off! I'm glad we were able to see character development already because of a single practice game. Looking forward to watching more :-)
Jul 1, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
ROTFL THEY USED THE 'NO CRYING IN BASEBALL LINE'
DO THEY EVEN KNOW KOUKOUYAKYUU??

ONLY TEARS
ONLY SUFFERING
ONLY ONE TEAM WILL WIN
BUT ALL TEAMS SHALL CRY

i'm sorry that's just too funny.(≧∀≦)

But anyways, I forgot how great this episode is. It's the culmination of a lot of things, the release of numerous sources of tension. And I think it's basically the point at which two relationships really find their groove: that between Abe and Mihashi and that between Mihashi and Tajima. I think it's because most everyone looked the same the first time through that I didn't realize it was Tajima pulling the bird into the dugout -- though it was the rest of the team apologizing for their fielding that did it ('I thought you were mad at me??' loll Mizutani).

And man, that fulfilment via trust that Mihashi unequivocally gives Abe is the spark (with help from Momo-coach) that leads to Abe promising to devote himself to Mihashi for three years. It gets me every time. There's the honey sap the hive was guarding!

Back to the dub -- I think it isn't bad at all for expressing a touching baseball story. It is, however, a failure at sharing the interesting culture of Japanese high school baseball. No 'Nice Hitting!' or emotions gone haywire or the singular obsession of baseball above all other things. Like I said before, it feels a lot more like a love of ~the American pastime~ than what was originally intended.

Not that that's a terrible thing (it's still a good story), but it's not Oofuri. I wouldn't have fallen in love with the sport as I have now.

Gonna keep on with the dub, the American-Japanese kids, but I miss my cute Oofs. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
Aug 14, 2014 9:30 PM

Apr 2014
What an adorable ep.

I still laugh at the gay stuff Abe says.
Mar 31, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
Ahhh it finally ended. Took a while but I'm glad. Everyone really developed.
Sep 19, 2015 5:06 PM
Sep 2009
I'm positively surprised that Mihashi spoke up regarding his intuition, he has more guts than I gave him credit. Hopefully that'll improve their team work in the future.
Dec 11, 2015 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
"I'll devote myself to you for the next three years" =D

NO! Life!
Mar 8, 2016 6:58 AM

Sep 2013
Was kinda hoping Mihashi would hug the Mihoshi team or smtg (esp Kanou) seeing the game got intense near the end there.. phew
Oct 22, 2016 2:38 PM
Aug 2012
this long game is ove, I don't really know the rules, but after this long practice I guess slowly I become more accustomed to this game- and it's really not boring like I always thought it was before. Gosh those conversations and speeches sometimes are too gay, however this show has a good pace and characters -that's why I can say that's it getting more interesting with every episode
Nov 10, 2016 4:52 PM
Feb 2015
good to see him growing up
Feb 10, 2018 12:40 AM

Sep 2017
Kanou is so cute! I wish he joined the Mihashi's team so I can see him on every eps
Feb 10, 2019 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
Yay, they apologized, I loved that part!
Apr 15, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2017
awww they finally made up!!!!
Kanou is so precious

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 17, 2019 12:35 AM
Oct 2018
Mihashi is kinda annoying, tbh . But I hope he will gain more confidence in future. And now that, Mihashi's Arc. is finished , I think they should give more spotlights to the other characters as well.
Nov 19, 2019 5:22 PM

Sep 2018
Ayiiee!~ Abe don't want Mihashi to go back to his former team.. I ship them ❤

But Mihashi should be more confident, he throw nice pitch and he's teammates now are nicer! He should stop thinking his former teammates.
This practice match is too long though.
Jul 19, 2021 10:33 AM

Dec 2020
GOD I LOVE THEM SM...... im gonna go insane i literally couldnt stop smiling this episode, what a nice ending that was. bald catcher from other team even told him about his habit before throwing a fastball what a lad

IM SOHAPPYYYYYY THEY WON THEY WONNN THE WHOLE TEAM WON AND MIHASHI ALSO TALKED WITH HIS OLD TEAM IN A PEACEFUL MANNER

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 12 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 9, 2007

22 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 4, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

19 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 9 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 12, 2007

24 by Twicky_ »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:51 AM

» MC's personnality

_Kudo_ - Aug 29, 2023

2 by _Kudo_ »»
Aug 29, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 17 Discussion

lowell - Jan 3, 2008

27 by ims-tokyo »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.