Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2011 4:05 PM

Dec 2010
asandari said:
My favourite death note character ;.;

Same here, I like her character even more than L's...

insan3soldiern said:
Man, Light's a real bastard. This is: What? Two innocent people he has killed now? I have to admit that the guy is incredibly cunning and intelligent, there is no way I would have been able to compose myself in that situation.

I liked her too, and the look in her eyes at the moment of realisation was chilling. But, I definitely am cheering for L now.

My thoughts exactly, though I was thinking that L was my favorite amongst the two few episodes ago. I can't see Kira as something more than a murderer now - he's following no principles and thinking about that I just can't like him even for a moment.
Nov 20, 2011 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
I just started re-watching this series again, and I must say, Naomi Misora had to have been my favorite character from the whole series. I hated that Light wrote her name down before revealing he was Kira - the look on her face of realization and horror crossing her face was indeed chilling - and then the way he spoke to her as she was walking away; it just made me want to punch him.

If only she hadn't believed him and given him her ID, she would have lived. I would have liked to see her character continue on a little longer in the series - but I suppose, if she had lived, she probably would have found out on her own who he was and exposed who Kira was at some point; the series would have ended so much sooner. (Wouldn't it have been interesting if she had given him a "fake" ID and he wrote down the name which wasn't hers down before revealing he was Kira - things would have taken an interesting turn).
Feb 6, 2012 8:49 AM

Jul 2011
YoungVagabond said:
Not only is Episode 7 the absolute best of the entire "Death Note" series, it's probably one of the 5 or 10 greatest episodes in anime history. My jaw dropped at the end there.

is that mean that there wont be any good episode of death note after this one? come on... :(

ps : i hate light!
Feb 16, 2012 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
millo said:
YoungVagabond said:
Not only is Episode 7 the absolute best of the entire "Death Note" series, it's probably one of the 5 or 10 greatest episodes in anime history. My jaw dropped at the end there.

is that mean that there wont be any good episode of death note after this one? come on... :(

ps : i hate light!

Yes, it all goes downhill from here.
Mar 5, 2012 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
omg light's lies actually had me laughing......
Apr 8, 2012 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
Everyone says Dexter is the best seriel killer to root for......I say don't forget about Light
Apr 18, 2012 5:38 AM

Nov 2010
I've probably watched this anime a good few years ago now, but I still think the end of this episode has one of my all-time favourite moments. I absolutely adore how they use the extra voice sharpness to deliver the 'Because I'm Kira' line, and the couple of seconds of silence to surround it. Brilliant!
May 22, 2012 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
Light is truly an evil man. Love it! :D
Jun 25, 2012 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
incredible episode!
Jul 13, 2012 12:13 PM
Jul 2012
It is the first episode when there is real drama on the screen
At the and i felt so sorry for the girl, and I felt terrible that i like light/
light is genius
this anime is genius
Jul 22, 2012 4:32 AM
Jul 2012
Best episode so far,
little sad for that girl...
Jul 29, 2012 4:46 AM

Feb 2012
an amazing episode,i like light so much now.
Jul 31, 2012 4:48 PM

May 2012
Great episode and what and ending <3
Aug 5, 2012 7:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A bit unbelievable that an FBI agent would trust a mere high school student with their name and ID in such a delicate investigation. But still good drama. Light is cunning and evil in equal measure.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 30, 2012 1:52 PM
Jul 2012
wow. i mean, really, WOW. i was absorbed till the last second, what a pressure!
and great music, which perfectly accented the mood! i'm impressed, it was the best episode so far
Sep 1, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2010
Marzan said:
A bit unbelievable that an FBI agent would trust a mere high school student with their name and ID in such a delicate investigation. But still good drama. Light is cunning and evil in equal measure.

I think that is actually a reason for trusting him. After all, who would expect that the most mysterious and implacable serial killer of Japan is a mere high schooler? One way or the other, the fact is Naomi takes the usual precautions, it's Light who manages to win her confidence through the episode.
Sep 1, 2012 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
So much stuff going I almost had a headache
Sep 15, 2012 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
Incredible episode. The girl was sure tough, Light had a really hard time geting her real name. However he puled it off once again. Still, I can't help being sorry for the girl in the end.

Sep 28, 2012 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
Probably the best episode so far. That ending, man, angry girlfriend HAD HIM, but let her guard down just for a second.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 3, 2013 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
Although it seems a bit strange she'd be taken in like that, Light was still very clever about it, and it was a very well done episode.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jan 3, 2013 10:36 PM
Apr 2011
This episode was fucking horseshit. I've been enjoying the series, but this one was just nonsense.

I have a hard time buying Naomi, who has by all accounts been shown to be whip-smart, buying into Light's BS. I cannot believe that a former FBI agent as shrewd as she was could be taken in by such flagrant baloney.

Okay, so she's smart enough to figure out Kira can kill you in ways other than heart attacks. She's smart enough to Give Light a fake name. Yet she goes to the police, finds nobody there, just happens to run into the chief's son who offers to let her talk directly to him when he calls.

Fine.

But then Light changes his story halfway through and says he's a detective and he wants her to join the task force and on and on. My aching ass. Evil genius or not, he's clearly in his teens and is certainly not police. Naomi is smart enough not to use her real name, and she should certainly be smart enough to call bullshit on that pack of lies.

If the writers really want Light to outsmart everyone at every turn, cool. It's entertaining. But he should do it because he's clever and resourceful, not because everyone else has decided to be uncharacteristically stupid that day.

It appears to be a case of the writers jerking the characters around like puppets to fill the needs of the plot, not letting them act based on established traits. It's a cheap way to write and it's a hard pill to swallow. They better not keep this up.
Jan 15, 2013 12:51 AM

Dec 2012
Gah, poor girl :(
Jan 17, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
One of the best episode I've seen in the series so far. 5/5
Jan 24, 2013 7:09 AM

Oct 2011
the atmosphere was really dark and light is really coldblooded.. i feel really sorry for naomi-san trusting light and then getting a punch right into the face.. ok well, a punch into the face would've been better xD
Mar 8, 2013 5:51 PM
Sep 2012
Light is one evil mofo for doing that to Naomi. Jeez.
Mar 13, 2013 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
and what of the witnesses that seen her with Light? Ehh... I agree with some of the raging on here.
Mar 13, 2013 11:15 PM

May 2012
Seeing Light desperate like that was fun... but somehow, I was hoping that he will not get caught yet.. hheehe.. And Ryuk laughing at the background was good to watch.. But poor girl.
Mar 13, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2013
This was really a good episode
Apr 20, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, Light is becoming more evil every episode.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 1, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was very sad,i can't belive that he killed her...
He now is not a "guy wo kill bad people",now he looks like more an assassin.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 1:47 AM

Oct 2012
Light, you just disappointed me!
I thought you're more like Lelouch.. oh wait they almost same..
Anyway poor woman, that expression please no,nooo :(
"Signature removed"
Jul 22, 2013 4:58 AM

Jun 2013
I can barely tolerate Light now. Kills FBI agent, then kills his fiancée too. How can he not see that he became exactly those people that he wanted to cleanse the world from? Arghh... The story is really exciting though. I hope L will catch this arrogant bastard eventually. But something tells me that's not what's gonna happen. Because Light is the protagonist of this show. The protagonist that I find extremely hard to relate to.
LeeTailorJul 22, 2013 5:12 AM
Jul 22, 2013 5:17 AM

Jun 2013
LeeTailorJul 22, 2013 5:21 AM
Aug 10, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2013
hahaha telling her that he is kira, light was rubbing it to her face hahaha. i thought the girl would last a little longer because she was kind a smart
Aug 28, 2013 8:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well he was almost at risk of getting caught, and he had to pull a now or never decision. The fiance was just being cautious at first. Light just goes to show he can get out of sticky situations that seem lost. -

Oct 8, 2013 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
Poor Naomi. She was so close to catching Light.
Oct 23, 2013 4:46 AM

Mar 2013
Brilliance at it's finest ~ JKJ
Mastery through endless repetition.
Nov 20, 2013 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
I have to admit that Light was as incredible as ever in this episode, but man...Light is so fucking ruthless!!! I feel really sorry for that poor girl who only wanted to avenge her fiance's (who was innocently killed) death and now she suffers the same fate.

He did get extremely lucky again there in the end because I have a feeling that that dude knows his identity since he is the chief's son and all.

Ryuk is so fun too watch. Haha he gave like the best commentary in the midst of all that.
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Nov 20, 2013 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
probably my favourite episode :D
Dec 5, 2013 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
Light is becoming really awful now, he's crossed the line from killing bad people into killing people who get in his way. I do find it quite strange that Naomi just gave her details to Light without even confirming that he was really what he claimed to be. A huge mistake on her part, but an amazing episode.
Dec 5, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
I liked Light until I saw this episode. This is the breaking point that sparks Light's deterioration into darkness.
Interested in Japanese dance songs? See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702085
Dec 8, 2013 3:44 AM

Dec 2010
thisisit50 said:
it was interesting to see Light totally bluff to get the name.

gswelcome said:
i found it to be a very weak point in this episode that overshadows Light being lucky/clever in getting her name.
He was indeed very lucky this time around.

JuviaBlue said:
I liked Light until I saw this episode. This is the breaking point that sparks Light's deterioration into darkness.
100% this. This was totally my reaction when I watched Death Note for the first time. My opinion on Light was that no matter what he does from this point on, I'd never forgive him for killing Naomi Misora.
MeritasDec 8, 2013 3:50 AM
Dec 13, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
... no words here. The way Light was thinking when talking to the lady made goose bumps on me. The only thing that annoys me is that he thinks nothing of people... He is not having empathy for the lady who lost her fiance. I really don't like that, empathy and sympathy are what makes a man a human.

I really liked her ;-; and her fiance too.
Dec 20, 2013 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
When Ryuk starts laughing as she's about to give him her real name, he's like i love this guy.

Nobody uses the Death Note better than Light, i fkn love Light he's a beast.
Jan 23, 2014 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
Skipped a few parts and see that Light is just evil): I feel bad for her now! An agent retired to marry, but fiance died. Now, the same murderer who killed her fiance is going to kill her.
Jan 24, 2014 5:19 AM

Oct 2013
fuark he stacked them chips high for that one
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 1, 2014 4:08 PM
Mar 2012
Damn, that's cold lol. I thought the taunting from Light was a bit much. If nothing else they did a good job of making sure that the audience will be on L's side. This is an interesting anime they've actually pulled off having the antagonist as the main character. One problem with these type of characters in modern entertainment is that they end up being popular and liked--for example Sephiroth in FF7 or CM Punk in wrestling, etc. It is not easy to write a villain who is interesting AND hated.

But they pulled it off, Light's a right bastard...not like for example Lelouch who also has delusions of grandeur, but he at least has some humanity and empathy, and actually shows remorse for some of his actions.
Feb 19, 2014 1:04 AM

Sep 2013
wow I feel pity for these people now. Very sad because she just wanted to find out who murdered here fiancée. Light crossed the line now. Even though, he's quite interested.

Damn...

Mar 13, 2014 5:25 PM
Mar 2014
That was so awesome! my favorite part was obviously when he said "i'm kira". very thrilling. Also, gotta love Ryuks laugh.
insan3Spectre said:
I definitely am cheering for L now.

Really wish i had a Death Note of my own...
Mar 24, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
A very good episode and yes it did seem funny that she spoke to Light about it in the first place and then eventually did give up her name. She seemed to smart to do something such as that.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

128 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:05 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

28 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kei-clone - Mar 21, 2007

121 by misterskinny »»
Apr 27, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 26, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.