Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
No one can blame Zenitsu for being so scared of that creepy ass looking spider demon. Christ, I would have acted in the same way if not worse. Fuck that shit!

Man, it was such a fantastic episode. I honestly feel bad for saying Zenitsu was annoying when he was first introduced. Now, I only want to give him a big hug :/ I really REALLY hope he soon realizes just how strong and skilled he actually is.

And the animation when he did his technique... simply astonishing. Once again, Thanks Ufo.

As always, really looking forward to next week!

P.S.: "Kimetsu Academy" spin-off when?
Jul 28, 2019 1:09 AM

Feb 2015
This would have been a good episode if it wasn't for the inessant fucking shouting. Is am absolutely sick of everyone shouting constantly.
Jul 28, 2019 1:13 AM
Jun 2017
miguitronik said:
"I fear not the man that has practiced 10000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times."

- Bruce Lee

Zenitsu just became a whole different character. Some people will still find him annoying, which I kinda get, but calling him a dumb comic relief character is missing the point entirely. He is terrified and is always crying, but he managed to become a demon hunter.

It's okay to cry. It's okay to be scared. What's not okay is giving up on what you want to be because of that. And in Zenitsu's case, he wants to be someone strong, who helps others. And in the end, he keeps on trying. He follows Gramps' advice and fights the poison, because under all that fear and inferiority complex he has, he's a fighter.

Preach! That's a very great way to put it, and I agree with you!
I really like Zenitsu though, guess that's just us
HenriettaSeanApr 9, 2020 8:20 AM
Jul 28, 2019 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
That animation! That soundtrack! Zenitsu's ability! What a fantastic episode!
Jul 28, 2019 3:45 AM

May 2015
Nice thunder rush.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 28, 2019 4:08 AM

Apr 2016
best boi strikes again
his backstory was so sad, I'm proud of him for overcoming all of this. My son better become the strongest character in the series and learn to love himself.

So Zenitsu only knows one movement and perfectioned it so well he can control the damage he does? I believe the intensity of the lightning was not the same during his first fight. And he did say "sixfold/sextuples" before hitting the spider garbage.

Also, I'm pretty sure the guy who bullied him is the current Pillar of Lightening? Just like I'm 100% certain Tomie is the Pillar of Water. Because they trained under old sensei who taught them their Breath Style and now they're in the OP looking mysterious and stuff.
"You are not the brightest banana in the bunch, are ya kid? (...) These kids just keep getting weirder."
Jul 28, 2019 4:08 AM

Oct 2017
Wtf tanjiro was no able to cut off his hand?
I've hope that Zenitsu will stay alive.
He's too good character go just kill him
Jul 28, 2019 4:38 AM

Mar 2017
Zenitsu just went toe to toe with my biggest nightmare so i have mad respect for the guy! I don't care if he's a wimp when he's awake, he is hella fucking cool when he releases the Thunder Technique!

I really love Inosuke's personality; the way he wants Tanjiro to praise him and care about him but he's so tsundere about it haha Poor Tanjiro has just become a glorified babysitter for 2 insane Demon Slayers haha
Jul 28, 2019 4:58 AM

Sep 2016
I can see why Zenitsu is second most popular character in this show. He's an actual badass when he gets serious.
Jul 28, 2019 5:29 AM

Jun 2017
Well, for once, I think that Zenitsu's freakouts in this episode were justified. For, I too, am afraid of those so called things called spiders, let alone those kind of demonic spiders. Anyway, Zenitsu finally had his time to shine, go to see more of his past, I feel pretty bad for the guy.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 28, 2019 5:30 AM

May 2019
I thought that Zenitsu would become my favourite character in the show, and I wasn't disappointed.

I love his backstory and the philosophy that defines him - I hope he has another big episode like this in the future.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2018
Zenitsu is tied with Tanjiro as my favorite character in the show

He's literally how any normal person would act in those circumstances and I hope he becomes the strongest demon slayer in the future

That animation is so beautiful thank you ufotable
Jul 28, 2019 6:15 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome backstory from Zenitsu!!!! Not only you feel like that Zenitsu, sometimes I also feel like I'm useless, I can't help others with my power and skills, sometimes everything is just, I don't know, like meaningless, but yeah don't ever GIVE UP that's the magical word. I almost cry when I watch this eps, I know how painful life that Zenitsu had but it shows the results now. Zenitsu in his form is stronger than Tanjiro, I can say that much...
Jul 28, 2019 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
if only Zenitsu can shut the fuck up, he actually a very cool guy
bruh, look at that attack animation
Jul 28, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2009
That was a really good episode. Must re-watch in near future.
Zenitsu is definitely a favorite of mine.
Jul 28, 2019 9:24 AM

Sep 2017
felt really slow and it only focused on Zenitsu. not that there is a problem or anything but still, we could have seen much more than that. Inosuke is really fun XD
Jul 28, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2008
Not only was this episode drawn out soo much it also focusted on the worst character in the show fucking Zenitsu. I hate his so much the episode is literally 90% of him screening and crying and we are supposed to feel bad for him? What a fucking waste of an episode.
Jul 28, 2019 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
I can't blame Zenitsu for panicking and screaming at the hideous-looking spider. I don't have a phobia to spiders at all, but even I would be crapping myself if a spider that size came after me, spitting out its poison every second. >_<

The episode did give us a well-needed backstory for Zenitsu and how he was saved by "Gramps" from debt collectors. Gramps is a former demon slayer himself and one who used to be one of the highest ranking of the lot. Even so, training Zenitsu must've been tough, even for a powerful guy like Gramps.

The backstory also shows how Zenitsu got his hair colour the way it is. Before, his hair colour was black, but after getting struck by lightning while up in the tree, panicking as usual, his hair colour immediately changed to it yellow with the end bits in orange.

After he lost conscious, though, Zenitsu properly got into his stride. He only knows one form of his lightning style, but he's honed that form brilliantly, as it resulted in a beautifully animated scene of him killing the spider on one hit. Once again, superb job, ufotable! ^_^

Meanwhile, with Tanjiro and Inosuke, they've encountered the spider dad and even Tanjiro is unable to cut through the guy's arm with his sword. I just hope the two eilte demon slayers get to Tanjiro and Inosuke in time to help them against this Twelve Kizuki member and take him down.
Jul 28, 2019 11:16 AM

Apr 2017
I'll call the lightning guy Pikatsu just for the lulz. Another great episode with awesome animations. I really like where this show is going.
Jul 28, 2019 12:51 PM

Jan 2016
Zenitsu has officially went SICKO MODE this episode
Jul 28, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2018
Zenitsu's going to get some development! I honestly really liked his character from the beginning (though I like Inosuke better) and it's nice to see his past and how he was constantly trying to run away, but then steadily began to face his fears. The designs of the spider demon who was attacking Zenitsu was both creepy and fascinating at the same time. I find it strange that the mother and daughter and one of the sons are all very humanoid, the father is a mix of human and spider, and another son is literally just a spider with a human head.
Jul 28, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2014
HOLY CRAP HOLYC RAP HOLY CRAP ZENITSU IS FREAKING POWERFUL AF!!!! HELL HE MIGHT EVEN BE THE STRONGEST ONE OUT OF OUR TRIO!!!

That lightning is way too convenient. Giving him lightning power AND a new hair color?? damn i'd rather get hit by lightning and get a quick, permanent dye, than spend a load of money getting a temporary dye.
Jul 28, 2019 3:24 PM

Mar 2017
Now I love Zenitsu so much. This dude is the best.

The situation is really complicated now. Tanjiro and Inousuke are fighting that demon and Zenitsu needs help too. When's the backup coming dammit.
Jul 28, 2019 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
I will probably still hate Zenitsu whenever he's going to yell, but damn, he grew on me and he was awesome. Nice flashbacks and finisher move, the feels were strong.

Also, here comes daddy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 3:38 PM
Mar 2015
Nice backstory for Zenistu. His never give up attitude and his perfection of his one form makes very powerful
Jul 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2018
An episode mostly dedicated to Zenitsu's backstory : interesting & needed ! But I was just a bit disappointed by the fact they did not expand on the guy he killed, unlike his mother last episode.
Jul 28, 2019 4:19 PM

Jan 2017
UFOtable is really going all in with this EPISODE, outstanding animation and DA! Truly Unlimited Budget Works!
Jul 28, 2019 5:02 PM
Jul 2019
I just can't deny that I'm waiting for the badass entrance of the pillars but I think we should wait till like episode 19 because I think that next one will be where they will fight giving everything and noticing they can't beat one of the 12 demons
Jul 28, 2019 5:53 PM

May 2010
I'm going against the grain, but the anime went downhill since the introduction of Zenitsu and Inosuke.

Their battle prowess won't make up for their annoying loud characters. It's not even a good comic relief, since it is not funny, but 100% annoying.

Too bad, I liked the initial dark tone of the anime and was giving it a solid 8, but now barely a 5.
Jul 28, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
Have to say the direction and plot is getting weaker since episode 10.
Pre ep 10 -> a 9 anime to me
Post ep 10 up til now -> a 7 anime now.

The plot is stretching and slowing down more and more every episode in with all the shouting, forced comedy, and flashback of everyone/ everything, it's as if the studio don't want to animate too many fights in a single episode.

Do Zenitsu really need to yell wherever he goes constantly?
After he showed up every mcs in the show literally talk in a shouting voice.

Glad that the demon of the episode does not get another stupid flashback this episode like the other ones which is a total waste of time on some unimportant random villain that only live for 1~2 episodes.
Ventus_SJul 28, 2019 11:28 PM
Jul 28, 2019 7:10 PM

Oct 2017
Aohh said:
I'm going against the grain, but the anime went downhill since the introduction of Zenitsu and Inosuke.

Their battle prowess won't make up for their annoying loud characters. It's not even a good comic relief, since it is not funny, but 100% annoying.

Too bad, I liked the initial dark tone of the anime and was giving it a solid 8, but now barely a 5.

Hey, I'm actually 100% with you on this one.
This is exactly my thought for this show.
It lost the emotional string of previous episodes after those 2 showed up.
Jul 28, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2017
Well, so Tanjirou smelled the fear that mother demon spider felt and that's why he granted her a painless and merciful death, Tanjirou is a very kind boy.
Zenitsu on his side seems to be in serious trouble, not only is he lost in the forest, but also encounters another member of the demon spider family who looks repulsive and controls a lot of demon spiders and to make matters worse Zenitsu has been poisoned.
Zenitsu and his damn reactions are too hilarious, but his terrified face upon learning that he will become a spider made me feel sorry for the poor boy.

Today we had a look at Zenitsu's past, at the beginning of his training and it was expected that the boy has not changed anything, he was already cowardly and hysterical and finding out that he was struck by lightning made me laugh a lot, especially because that It's the reason Zenitsu has blonde hair.
The demon spider underestimated Zenitsu after seeing that he is a coward, but when Zenitsu became unconscious and he used his cool lighting breath technique again, the demon spider got nervous and threw all his slave spiders into attack, but Zenitsu drove them all away and launched a quick and lethal attack with which he managed to decapitate the demon spider.

Tanjirou and Inosuke meet the little sister demon spider and also with the father demon spider, who has an incredible strength and so we saw a very resistant body, since Tanjirou could not cut his arm (or we will simply have to wait until next episode if Tanjirou cut off his arm or not)

This episode was incredible, Zenitsu spotlight in this episode, we learned from his past and the inferiority complex that he has, but he has finally overcome during his trip and the good actions he has done and his lightning breath technique that apparently is the only one that knows and had a evolution compared to the episode where we saw it the first time, the animation was incredible at the time that Zenitsu killed the demon spider.
salbery755Jul 28, 2019 8:56 PM
Jul 28, 2019 9:05 PM
Jan 2016
We got some Zenitsu backstory, i found hillarious when he got hit by a thunder|

Zenitsu really shined this episode, he did an amazing fight, so badass!

Looks like inosuke and Tanjirou found "Father", looks like next episode will be against him!
Jul 28, 2019 9:11 PM
Mar 2018
Who said you cannot achieve great feats while being unconscious or sleeping. Zenitsu is the perfect example. In this world of multi-tasking; he showed us it's alright to learn one thing at a time and master it to its limit. It kind of reminded me of Rock Lee.
Jul 28, 2019 11:04 PM
Jul 2016
Ventus_S said:

Glad that the demon of the episode does not get another stupid flashback this episode like the other ones which is a total waste of time on some unimportant random villain that only live for 1~2 episodes.

You are missing the ball, these flashbacks help to emphatise the demons as victims as much as humans, that just enrich the story and give more meaning to each encounter, it makes sense why this series does it, especially for the story it tries to tell.

And i got bad news for you, because we are just getting started, from now on we got a lot of demon flashbacks (which i aprecciate)
Jul 28, 2019 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
DeepRiver said:
Ventus_S said:

You are missing the ball, these flashbacks help to emphatise the demons as victims as much as humans, that just enrich the story and give more meaning to each encounter, it makes sense why this series does it, especially for the story it tries to tell.

And i got bad news for you, because we are just getting started, from now on we got a lot of demon flashbacks (which i aprecciate)

The thing is we don't need flashback for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, especially those who only live for couple episodes.

The one in the demon slaying exam and the one that can move room around totally don't need a 5+ mins flashback. (Yes I can't even recall their name, showing how unimportant they are)
I bet in the original, it takes only 2 pages to go through those "flashback" because they clearly add nothing to the story and does not make me empathize them a single bit, nor does it add anything to the story.
Jul 29, 2019 1:41 AM
Oct 2014
fucking spider boy dude
Jul 29, 2019 1:56 AM
Dec 2017
Ventus_S said:
DeepRiver said:

The thing is we don't need flashback for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, especially those who only live for couple episodes.

The one in the demon slaying exam and the one that can move room around totally don't need a 5+ mins flashback. (Yes I can't even recall their name, showing how unimportant they are)
I bet in the original, it takes only 2 pages to go through those "flashback" because they clearly add nothing to the story and does not make me empathize them a single bit, nor does it add anything to the story.

The flashbacks are pretty much being adapted scene by scene without being stretched (barring the drum demons own) and they are a consistent part of the manga with a lot of the most emotional scenes coming from them . if they bug you so much I'd say you should just drop the series, not every demon gets them.both most.though, and future ones are longer
Jul 29, 2019 2:27 AM

Jan 2015
Ventus_S said:
DeepRiver said:

They are actually an essential part in the manga, and the flashbacks only get longer from now on (and of course they have some kind of influence in the overall story). I disagree that the first demon didn’t need a flashback, its purpose was pretty much clear, to remember us the viewers that they were once humans and they lose memories once they turn into demons and serve as Tanjirou’s character development
Jul 29, 2019 3:52 AM

Aug 2018
This sohw was great until Zenitsu. How much of that episode was him just shouting, its worse than Asta sometimes.So close to just giving up on that episode
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Jul 29, 2019 3:56 AM
May 2013
wasn't expecting such a rushed backstory for zenitsu. as usual, he's pretty cool when he's unconscious. unfortunately that's only been about 5 minutes of runtime.
Jul 29, 2019 4:54 AM

Apr 2018
rtil said:
wasn't expecting such a rushed backstory for zenitsu. as usual, he's pretty cool when he's unconscious. unfortunately that's only been about 5 minutes of runtime.
can you explain why and how his backstory is rushed?
Jul 29, 2019 5:48 AM

Dec 2016
Ventus_S said:
DeepRiver said:

Yes, those flashback add nothing to the plot progression, however, they are important to the theme and emotional beat of the story. You can't have a story that jump from plot point to plot point without the theme and the emotional beat, then it just become a powerpoint presentation of the story.
Jul 29, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2018
Zenitsu is cool in this episode! He's really cool if he stop being cry baby and always shouting. He experience a very hard childhood but please he should minimize being a cry baby because it's annoying!
Jul 29, 2019 10:30 AM

May 2016
Zenistu's gramp is a hashira, Ufotable did it again with those flashy amazing animations, that last move was epic, and beautiful.
Jul 29, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2018
Irondragon said:
Not only was this episode drawn out soo much it also focusted on the worst character in the show fucking Zenitsu. I hate his so much the episode is literally 90% of him screening and crying and we are supposed to feel bad for him? What a fucking waste of an episode.

Feel free to drop this show anytime because you'll be seeing a lot more of him.

Jul 29, 2019 12:07 PM
Jan 2017
Zenistu....... That is all
Jul 29, 2019 12:12 PM
Nov 2015
ThousandCuts said:
Lululand said:
Am I the only one who hate Zenitsu?

Is he suposedto be funny or something? I just think he's annoying.

It took you 7 eps. to finally realize that?

You both need get a bite from a spider specially black widows and sleep for ever.

I know you spamming alt account and reply your own account for spreading hate.

This place many trash human specially you, why many people spreading hate for anime? SJW and ofcouse no ban for trash people that do bait spamming hate in this community.

This is why Mal is bad.
redcobraJul 29, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 29, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2017
Zenitsu... This BADASS! It's this Zenitsu that I want to see more often!
Jul 29, 2019 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
Ventus_S said:
Have to say the direction and plot is getting weaker since episode 10.
Pre ep 10 -> a 9 anime to me
Post ep 10 up til now -> a 7 anime now.

The plot is stretching and slowing down more and more every episode in with all the shouting, forced comedy, and flashback of everyone/ everything, it's as if the studio don't want to animate too many fights in a single episode.

Do Zenitsu really need to yell wherever he goes constantly?
After he showed up every mcs in the show literally talk in a shouting voice.

man, I thought I was in the minority that thought the comedy felt forced. I don't mind the flashbacks but God the comedy tends to be so damn bad.

Like in the beginning it felt like it worked, but since episode 14 onwards it doesn't feel right to me. Also, the characters voice actors don't seem to be able to work comedy, at least in this series. Not sure if is is their fault, or that the jokes themselves aren't funny.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.