Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Oct 3, 2021 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe I'm blind but I don't get the complaints about animation. Anyways, good episode.
Nov 15, 2021 5:46 PM
Sep 2020
Subaru forgot turn off f*king autosave
Nov 22, 2021 3:55 AM

Jan 2021
We’ll at least the Gluttony guy didn’t actually eat Rem
Nov 22, 2021 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
I'm rewatching season 2 now so any comments I've made on threads like this previously are replaced now with these updated thoughts essentially.

For example, I'm still disappointed in season 1 but I'm not as against it as I was in the past, I just wish it was way more consistent than it turned out being.

This episode was decent. Production and adaptation values weren't top-notch and looked even cheaper than season 1 (which also didn't have great production values either), but the actual content itself was fine and I loved the Emilia-Subaru conversation at the end with the subtle music in the background to blend in nicely with the atmosphere of the scene and the room, this time Emilia trying to pick Subaru up again and help carry some of his burdens and help him along to save Rem, who's now in a coma with no one else remembering her but him.

The confrontation with Crusch and Rem with Lye and Regulus didn't have enough of a punch for me that I wanted, it sounds alright on paper but lacking in its execution and felt too quick. The script for the Felix conversation was pretty poor too and I didn't like that at all in this episode. Did feel sad for Crusch though generally, she is my favorite character of the series till this point by far more than the world feeling sympathy for Rem.

Overall, it was a mixed bag, I have more complaints about it than positives but at least the scene at the end which was the key scene emotionally of this volume, that was a positive for this so not too bad of a start considering that.
Jan 19, 2022 9:03 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
To think they could have easily ended off the previous season with a “Who's Rem” and leave us hanging for years after that.
Apr 24, 2022 11:16 PM

Nov 2017
Really bad opening ep. No wonder this didn't get any hype. Generic baddies who were poorly animated and conceived. Couldn't be blamed for dropping.

No idea what's happening. Diff studio/director?
Jun 16, 2022 1:02 PM
Jan 2022
I am going to be emotionally wrecked by the end of this season aren't I... Wow what a way to kick off season 2, no holding back, no easing in, or moment of relaxation after a victory...
Jul 10, 2022 3:33 PM

Feb 2018
So after Sloth, we get to see Gluttony & Greed. Poor Rem always gets in the most trouble :< Also this 'new' side of Crusch is interesting.
Jul 11, 2022 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty slow episode, I thought that we wouldn't go back to Peutelgeuse anymore. Wonder why Crusch still has her arm though, were they able to heal it?
Aug 9, 2022 1:46 AM
Dec 2020
Hmmm, dude started the season with another depressing savepoint
Aug 9, 2022 3:33 AM

Jul 2016
Gator said:
Pretty slow episode, I thought that we wouldn't go back to Peutelgeuse anymore. Wonder why Crusch still has her arm though, were they able to heal it?

Bit late but Crusch's arm was reattached by Felix. He's the best healer in Lugnica and possibly in the world, as he's able to completely heal up anyone on the brink of death.
There are still limitations to his healing magic though. He cannot heal dead people and certain afflictions simply cannot be healed (e.g. Rem's coma).
Aug 9, 2022 4:22 AM

Apr 2013
QcDiablo said:
Gator said:

Bit late but Crusch's arm was reattached by Felix. He's the best healer in Lugnica and possibly in the world, as he's able to completely heal up anyone on the brink of death.
There are still limitations to his healing magic though. He cannot heal dead people and certain afflictions simply cannot be healed (e.g. Rem's coma).

I see, been a while since I watched the first season so I did not remember Felix being such an adept healer. Thank you for clearing that up :3
Sep 12, 2022 1:52 PM
Oct 2021
i love it because i love it
Oct 12, 2022 8:25 PM

Aug 2021
great first episode. lots to unpack. the introduction of new antagonists, everyone forgetting rem again although this time it's not lost hope, some advancements in the world, and of course the very emotional scene between emilia and subaru at the start. a perfect start to the second season.
Oct 22, 2022 4:29 PM
Sep 2017
One episode in, just one lousy episode in and they eliminate my favorite character in this series without any chance for a do-over. I don't care if they're not technically dead, even if they aren't the writer has clearly removed them from the story for an enormous chunk of time, likely because they didn't want them to steal the show. I have never dropped a series this hard this fast.
Nov 5, 2022 11:21 AM

Apr 2021
Welp season 2 starts from right where season 1 left off. This episode was interesting. So it turns out things didn't go well with the whole whale elimination thing since they were attacked while on their way back. So they have two new enemies now and Rem's been put to sleep. This must all be taking a heavy toll on Subaru. When will my man get a peaceful life in this world ;-;
Jan 31, 2023 11:08 PM
Jan 2023
Ok but just an introduction to season 2 so i didn't expect much out of it.
Feb 12, 2023 11:21 AM

Jan 2011
i didnt expect Rem to win but i didnt expect her to get jobbed this bad, it wasnt even a fight, dor all her big talk her defeat wasnt even worth showing :/

gotta say after how laughable Betelgeuse was, i hope we get better villains this time, this sloth dude looks like a low level lackey, the other guy looks fine
Feb 20, 2023 9:23 PM
Feb 2021
Damn thats a rough one, woulda been a banger cliffhanger for season one, and I'm really baffled they didn't use it. I still can't get a read on Emilia even after watching the movie. She's probably just weird. I do think she's probably related to the witch in some way, especially because Subaru is as well. This show is great, I've never been so invested in characters that I dislike, I mean, Vilhelm's cool. So is Rosewall. But I really just want to see the main characters realize how shit they are and grow into actually cool people
Mar 11, 2023 10:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Quite a lot of original content in this first episode, I like that.
Sure they adapt what was left from vol9, but they also added things like that fight between these Archbishops and Rem which was soo short in the original, and a few extra scenes that connect everything to Subaru later on speaking to Rem in the bed, very pleased with this.
The first four minutes I have already see a week ago from the end of the S1 director's cut, so not gonna bother with that.

The voice performances were just amazing btw, the new archbishop sound distinctive, especially Gluttony'scenes
and hearing Subaru crying over Rem is more emotional here vs the source.
Ferris was fucking annoying just as he was on the source material for this scene, what an unsightly proposal, thankfully defused quickly, but they also cut Wilheim's extra scene with him opening up to Subaru and explaining IMPORTANT stuff about his past and goals, I m sad they cut this out, it is almost 29m episode and cutting such a dialogue, SIN.
I know most episodes will go for such length so I hope that is an indicator we wont see many more important cuts.
Jul 5, 2023 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
It's been a long time since this season finished airing and I set aside all the episodes I downloaded, and it's even longer still when I finished the prequel so I have almost no idea wtf is happening or who 90% of these people are. Sin of greed and gluttony? Since when did this show become FMAB or Nanatsu no Taizai? Did they really exist back in the first season? Fuck I honestly don't remember. I do remember though in the last episode that Subaru managed to gather lots of people to fight a giant whale thing and it ended there. I was even joking about what if the monster didn't show up lol. So now the show picks up after the fight, why they skipped over the fight itself idk maybe there was a movie or OVA I wasn't aware of but at least that part makes sense to me. I hope the rest will come back to me eventually.
Aug 2, 2023 7:26 AM
Jan 2009
So...everyone understands how Gluttony's and the whale's ability works now, it seems.  They've realized that the pandemic of lost memories and comatose people is actually memories and names being eaten.  Fine.  Great.

Why has no one thought to question why Subaru, and ONLY Subaru, is immune to this, and can still remember people whose names have been eaten?  Shouldn't this raise suspicions?
Aug 24, 2023 5:30 PM
Jan 2023
That was a wonderful first episode to the second season. Seems after all that two more of the arch bishops of the witch's cult showed up and went after Crusch and Rem (and those who were with them), and managed to kill both of them. Subaru killed himself to return by death and it was still too late, Rem's memories and name had been eaten by Gluttony, but Crusch was still alive but with severe memory loss, along with others.

My guess is that defeating Gluttony will restore the memories of those who he took from.

The scene at the end with Emilia comforting Subaru at the end when he just burst into tears. Shows the sort of person she is.
Nov 12, 2023 2:07 PM
Oct 2023
who is Rem? really loved this introduction to the second season hopefully Rem will be saved by Subaru even though it will probably take some deaths for Subaru lmao. The arcibishop of GLuttony and Greed are really interesting too
Nov 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Dec 2022
Aside from the inopportune "checkpoint", Subaru got off pretty lucky here, since Rem was only rendered comatose instead of being killed outright.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 27, 2023 1:42 PM
Nov 2023
Something in show's pacing felt wrong /(0_0)/
Jan 13, 11:20 AM
Jan 2024
It was ok but interesting.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.