Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
May 16, 2017 7:11 AM
May 2017
IcyGlacier said:
Jigsaw910 said:

Gihan forced goku to use kao-ken. if you watched, gohan hit goku in ssb twice while blocking his attacks. The writers wouldnt have done that on accident. it was also shown he got an aura around his fist meaning his power was escalating. Gohan is SSb level(surpressed) or at least ss red level

He didn't force him, Goku only used kaioken cuz gohan told him to give it all, the ssjb vs Gohan fight didnt even last 10 sec so you cant say that gohan was keeping up with it, In fact just because goku uses ssjb doesnt mean he used the 100% of it, just like beerus only used 70% vs ssjgod and 1% vs the other saiyans in battle of gods.

exactly. which is why i will put gohan at a SURPRESSED SSB level(10%). Everybody forget Goku SSB is a lot stronger than it use to be. To Say Gohan is SSJ2 level but got hits and an UPPERCUT that sent goku some distance in SSB is ridiculous. Goku,Gohan,Vegeta is the HOly Trinity of Super right now. It makes zero sense to have goku the only strong saiyan in U7. Goku will also get an inevitable new form this arc so i dont see why we cant put gohan at a really low ssb level. He might not have forced kao ken. but he damn sure was keeping up with blue. that much is evident. take it how u will
May 16, 2017 1:34 PM
Apr 2014
Katsuo_ said:
Drake1000 said:
Pretty funny animation, DBS delivers the QUALITY shots as usual.

This is not animation, just art. Learn the difference. The overall animation this episode was very good.

That's not art, those are low quality drawn still shots that are pretty funny, learn the difference,
The overall animation was also funny, shaking the screen a few times with a bunch of deformed characters every frame doesn't equate to very good animation unless you've been seasoned to really bad animation.
Here have some more "art" from this episode.
Drake1000May 16, 2017 1:44 PM
May 16, 2017 4:39 PM

Mar 2016
Drake1000 said:
Katsuo_ said:

This is not animation, just art. Learn the difference. The overall animation this episode was very good.

That's not art, those are low quality drawn still shots that are pretty funny, learn the difference,
The overall animation was also funny, shaking the screen a few times with a bunch of deformed characters every frame doesn't equate to very good animation unless you've been seasoned to really bad animation.

Still art tho. Even if its not very good. And animation is movement, you're still just talking about how the characters look. You can't just take a screenshot and call it bad "animation"
Katsuo_May 16, 2017 4:42 PM

May 16, 2017 4:57 PM
Apr 2014
Katsuo_ said:
Drake1000 said:

Still art tho. Even if its not very good. And animation is movement, you're still just talking about how the characters look. You can't just take a screenshot and call it bad "animation"

Yes I can take a screenshot and call the animation funny, the second part of my comment is the one related to the screenshot not the first one, I can't believe I have to explain this. I already said that those are still shots ffs.
Now the second screenshot is from the "transformation animation", which is "funny animation" as well, now you can rag about how animation is only movement and not how it looks visually, but the truth is that what's on the screen moving is an important factor in animation, you can't just judge animation on movement alone while ignoring what it looks like visually on your damn screen. When I say animation I mean the whole thing, the low quality visual, the shit coreography, the shaking etc.
Drake1000May 16, 2017 5:17 PM
May 18, 2017 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
Drake1000 said:
Katsuo_ said:

Yes I can take a screenshot and call the animation funny, the second part of my comment is the one related to the screenshot not the first one, I can't believe I have to explain this. I already said that those are still shots ffs.
Now the second screenshot is from the "transformation animation", which is "funny animation" as well, now you can rag about how animation is only movement and not how it looks visually, but the truth is that what's on the screen moving is an important factor in animation, you can't just judge animation on movement alone while ignoring what it looks like visually on your damn screen. When I say animation I mean the whole thing, the low quality visual, the shit coreography, the shaking etc.

Did you just make up your own definition for the word "animation"? Seriously stop. You don't know what you're talking about.
May 18, 2017 10:05 PM

Jun 2016
Drake1000 said:
Katsuo_ said:

I study animation
i rarely post anything on the forum, but oh boy when i read your post

Animation is not the same as bloody still picture, so u cannot just take one frame of it and call the animation bad.

Animation is made by hundred and thousand frames, taking 1 frame and saying the animation is bad is crazy and dumb

The art is not that good but the animation is okay, no awkward movement nor frame jumping in this episode the key frames also on point. You want say animation is bad, show us a gif picture and what movement you consider bad.

You are wrong by calling 1 frame as animation and stop making new definition of animation just because u want to defend your stupidity, 1 frame is not animation.
May 19, 2017 10:57 AM
Apr 2014
Aladeen111 said:
Drake1000 said:

I study animation
i rarely post anything on the forum, but oh boy when i read your post

Animation is not the same as bloody still picture, so u cannot just take one frame of it and call the animation bad.

Animation is made by hundred and thousand frames, taking 1 frame and saying the animation is bad is crazy and dumb

The art is not that good but the animation is okay, no awkward movement nor frame jumping in this episode the key frames also on point. You want say animation is bad, show us a gif picture and what movement you consider bad.

You are wrong by calling 1 frame as animation and stop making new definition of animation just because u want to defend your stupidity, 1 frame is not animation.

>so u cannot just take one frame of it and call the animation bad.
Yes I can, if you don't comprehend the concept of referring to a sequence using an image, I can't do anything for you, just don't go around acting like that asking for gifs and insulting people for not giving you gifs instead, I'm not gonna make one for your viewing pleasure, go rewatch the fucking scene that's what the picture is there to reference. My point is that it looks like shit and moves like shit, you're free to disagree.
>You are wrong by calling 1 frame as animation
Except I'm not, I just posted that as a reference, stop being retarded.
>the animation is okay, no awkward movement nor frame jumping in this episode the key frames also on point.
Yeah you should probably continue studying animation if you think that frame jumping is the only thing that constitutes bad animation, as well add human anatomy on top of it if you think there was no awkward movement, go back to class.
Drake1000May 19, 2017 3:25 PM
May 21, 2017 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode, I"m suprised gohan got this strong so fast. To withstand Goku's power.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 22, 2017 6:14 AM
Jan 2015
Yay , GOHAN IS BACK

It was best episode of entire dragon ball super .. It was painful to see thin Gohan , but now , he is badass again !!!
proud to be Gohan Fanboy
May 23, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 2015
DAYUM!!! That shit was epic af!!!
May 29, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
Holy shit that fight went hardcore AF. Glad to see that Gohan got so strong =D
Jun 4, 2017 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
I cant imagine his power if he ever trained hard for a month or year. He probably the strongest saiyan in the show if he want it.

How strong is Mystic Goku > SSB?

Jun 6, 2017 11:24 AM

Dec 2015
Well, I got a few nice things during the fight, but there were far too many "too fast for your eyes" series of impacts in the sky and other usual repeated two-pictures based loops that have continuously plagued the Dragon Ball animations since Z's second third (or half?). A shorter but better directed fight would have been great. (I am not expecting the level of the modern movies duels, of course)

3.5+/5 thanks to the impression the episode gave (kind of a reconnection between father and son)

I'm glad Gohan is actually relevant again. At least his fanboys won't constantly bitch about him being weak anymore.

I'm a Gohan fan and because of that, I don't want to watch him becoming a jerk full of himself again, obssessed by fighting.
Jun 11, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
Better fighting episode than expected, but a bit disappointed that we didn't get more of those female sayians.
Jun 15, 2017 11:03 PM

Oct 2008
farg it! no new form for Gohan aside from Mystic!?!? what a let down...
2/5.

Jun 20, 2017 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
Gohan is officially back!
Feb 20, 2018 10:28 AM

May 2014
Daym, long time no see with this series. Almost 1 year since I saw this ep. (to be accurate it's in fact9 months ago since I put it on hiatus).

Must be strange for Goku/Gohan's voice actor to hear her own voice in the fight. LOL. The fight were meh, but it shown the good relationship between Goku and Gohan. With this power level Tien is nothing compared to him. He is maybe even stronger than his mentor, Piccolo. I wonder how the tournament is going to turn out. With this series I really don't think any universe will be blown. It's just too kind series. The enemies perish while the good guys remains. ^^
Mar 15, 2018 5:22 PM

May 2014
Welcome back, Gohan! It's been a while!
Apr 17, 2018 12:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Gohan will be the captain of the team!!!
Jun 20, 2020 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
Piccolo and Gohan.
Goku and co.
Goku asking Roshi to train him like he didn't just notify Roshi of the tournament with just a few hours left and ignoring the fact that Roshi should be training himself with the time left.
Piccolo and Gohan arrive.
A 2 on 2. Gohan and Piccolo vs Goku and Tenshinhan.
Masako vs Masako.
Gohan just gave Tenshinhan the abortion punch. His trash self should at least be capable of doing that to a human.
Tenshinhan about to Kikohou. Cell shivers in the Hell.
lol at Goku telling him to handle Piccolo.
Piccolo's blast.
One on one?
Goku goes SSJ2.
lol at Gowasu.
Kinnuku.
Murichim.
Masako vs Masako.
Gohan is looking for an ultimate form no one has seen before? Will it be as BS as Trunks?
Ha!!
Vegeta and co. can sense the fight.
SSJ straight into SSGSS again.
Gohan father says IKE, GOHAN!
Kaio-ken!
Masako wins... as expected.
Nani?! Gohan is the leader? Well, Goku is the villain.
4 hours and 30 mins left.

Masako vs Masako will always be funny. Don't let Gohan being the leader fool you. Goku is still the main villain of the series.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 1, 2021 4:39 AM

Jun 2019
This is the Gohan we always wanted. Proud of you, Gohan.
May 10, 2021 2:53 PM

Jan 2010
Goku really did forget Gohan existed until he got back into fighting shape.
Oct 22, 2021 9:50 AM

Sep 2018
Seriously this was amazing episode!

Gohan is finally back! They respected my favorite character in the series YAY

I loved the combination with Piccolo and the fights were so cool and tempting!

Amazing! At last we watched some serious fights worth for the characters!

I love Gohan and the fact that Goku entrusted the leadership of their team to him is something new ! Loved Piccolo's reactions when Gohan fought Goku and his concerns! This episode prortraits the love of both Goku and Piccolo for this child! Im so glad to see this hehe! Can't wait to see more !
Dec 20, 2022 7:14 AM

Nov 2020
What a fight! Father vs Son
Mar 12, 2023 12:52 AM

May 2020
gohan is so op

this is what he can do with just 1 day of training??
imagine how strong he'd be if he never stopped training

Apr 28, 12:36 PM

Jan 2021
Gohan will make a good captain
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2016

90 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

170 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

91 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

353 by shorba14 »»
Jun 14, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

99 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 14, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.