Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Jul 15, 2017 6:30 PM

Jul 2014
Back to usual antics, awkward ending.

6/10 mostly fell flat.
Jul 20, 2017 11:52 PM

May 2013

Lol I love it when he looks so smug xD
Khatsu-dummmmm, yums X)

Good series! 8/10 :D
The umbrella end credit scene was nice as well C:
Aug 13, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 2017
Good episode bad last episode. Needless to say the previous episode was a much better finale, whereas this just felt like any other episode with almost nothing special about it. The end of it was really nice tho.
Aug 18, 2017 7:15 AM

Jul 2017
Forgettable show imo. Still can at least say I watched it
Sep 21, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2016
Decent series, I enjoyed it somewhat. Some of the characters were likable and the animation was solid. 6/10
Oct 22, 2017 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
7 out of 10. It is lacking. We need a 2nd season
Nov 30, 2017 3:12 AM

Oct 2013
It's been years so i decided to rewatch it, i love this show so much i hope they make a 2nd season well at least there'll be a new audio drama coming soon. Emi and Maou looks cute together in the after credit scene, but the fact that Maou might be the one who destroyed Emi's village and killed her father is kinda ironic i'm pretty sure Maou wasn't the one behind all that, i want them to be together :')

10/10
Dec 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2017
I'm glad it ended with a slice of life kind of episode at the end. EP 12 had the most action and plot resolution, but it would have been a bit abrupt to end it there.

It wouldn't sustain a whole season, but I think a 2 - 4 episode spin off of non plot episodes of this nature would be a nice idea, not likely to happen though.

The after credits scene was cute. As soon as I saw Maou walk outside in the rain I knew what was going to happen, but it was still a nice moment to end the show with

8/10 overall for me, the start was stronger than the middle, but the action and drama picked up at the end, and I found Suzuno had the best balance of comedy and being an interesting character, (for just comedy Alciel would be number 1) so I enjoyed it all the way

Also epic facial expressions are epic
Dec 7, 2017 8:28 PM
Sep 2012
I thought it was a good anime. Pretty funny kept me watching. But i also felt like it was lacking in the part where he was a devil. Cause they dint show it that often. The episode before the finale would have been a better end than the actual last episode. The last episode to me felt like a filler and that shouldn't be what a last episode is. I felt like there should have been more plot about the devils and angels. A second season would be great but I read online that there most likely wont be a second season. Sad. Had a good laugh though.
Dec 12, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2017
How was this a good ending?? All it did was kind of hint at emi Bruh content with the devil, but besides that IT WAS ALL FILLER. The season finale was literally filler. The last episode alone dropped my score from 7 to 6.
Dec 22, 2017 1:37 PM

Oct 2015
A very unique concept of an anime with great humor and lovable characters. Who would've thought Satan would be this mundane guy who worries about his daily job, cares for people and is making ends meet.
What a great humorous anime, that alone deserves a 10/10 but plot wise and romance that is a different story. I felt like the story is forcing Emilia and Satan to be together, I never felt a spark or natural interaction. Also its strange how the villains in the story want to kill them both, a devil and an angel.

Also her reason for not have eliminated him is so vague after all the things he did to their world Enta Island. To tell the truth he doesn't have a reason to stay on the human world but keeps on making excuses.The ending did not feel like one, the previous episode's story felt like one ( in other words they are shit when comes to finishing anime). This episode should've been made a special or an OVA.

Anyway I loved Sadao and his Minion Ashiya, and I wished Chiho was the one he got to be with.
Its a pity also this project has no OVA or any side special or most of all a sequel.

8/10 for enjoyment and my love for Sadao.
lihle808Dec 22, 2017 1:40 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 23, 2017 4:27 PM
Dec 2017
I hope there will be second season 10/10
Apr 30, 2018 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was a bit anticlimactic, but still a fun episode. Judging from the hair of that scammer guy, he might be another one from Ente Isla :'D Or maybe I'm just imagining it...
The ending scene was cute :)

Overall the anime was fun with an interesting setting, though a bit lacking here and there. I, for one, didn't like Chi-chan all that much. She is fine at best, the other characters were all much better, though I guess we need a regular human character as well.
Anyway, the way it is I'll give it a 7/10. I still hope to see a 2nd season someday, since I like the basic idea and the interactions between the characters, especially Maou and Emilia :)
Aug 14, 2018 8:44 PM

Jul 2017
This was really disappointing for the last episode. I mean, yeah, it clarified that Maou isn't leaving and does have feelings for his friends, though these weren't things I was worried about until the nightmares (which I thought were real and hamfisted at first). The rest of the episode was pretty decent, but it had nothing to do with the rest of the story. It was just a little thing about Lucifer getting scammed and the rest of the cast fixing it. It was okay but not for the last episode. I wish they could have stretched the fight out a bit to be part of this and then had an epilogue after.

The series was good as a whole. I liked it a lot at first, felt like it dropped a bit until the last few episodes where it picked up, and then was let down by the final episode. Like 6 or 7 out of 10.
Oct 26, 2018 9:32 PM

Sep 2018
i find this anime boring..
Feb 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
The story trying to force Emi while Chi is actually way cuter and actually interested in MC was a bit annoying

So that was it huh? Was fun to watch, nothing to great. The potential of the different characters was pretty much left untouched. Emi constantly complained about the demons killing her father and village, but Maou never even answered that really. But always the perfect nice guy... I would watch a second season, but well. I will probably forget about it soon.

Then again, damn, Chi chan in the outro was always amazing, loved the beach pic.

6/10. No way Im going to give a soulless comedy SoL manga teaser more
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 26, 2019 6:59 AM
Oct 2018
6 Years and still waiting s2...
Mar 7, 2019 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
6/10 but I really need a second season of this
Mar 15, 2019 6:32 PM
Jan 2019
Thank fuck there's no second season. How it is right now may not be perfect, but still absolutely great watch. Memorable cast of characters, and very clever premise. Light [8/10].
Mar 24, 2019 3:32 PM
Feb 2019
Ok I finally finish it. It took me a while to get past the last few episodes.

Good episode, I didn't get the feeling of closure but it's ok since it keeps going with the novels

I liked it better during the first 6-7 episodes. It was fun, had some memorable moments, the action episode was good too.

Afterwards it became quite strange, more like a teenage romance show. Featuring Chiho's breasts as the main attraction. I guess I'm not the target audience.

I liked it when Maou and the guys were around. I like the time they spent at MgRonald’s and the rivalry with SFC. The interactions between the guys and Emi and Suzuno were always on point

So yeah, I enjoyed mostly the first part of the show. Now I'm going to read the following chapters in the manga because I heard it talks about Maou's backstory and probably leave it there.
May 12, 2019 6:52 AM
Oct 2017
really liked the last episode! Felt really heart warming :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2019 7:42 AM
Jan 2017
This anime was amazing. I was afraid the name implied it would be over the top in stupidity and randomness but this was actually pretty well grounded. The whole love triangle thing was a bit so-so but Overall I loved this anime 10/10
Aug 3, 2019 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
Just an all around average Anime. Nothing special aside from the spectacular first half. Other than that, fairly decent to bad to outright sleep inducing.

6/10
Aug 26, 2019 10:38 AM
Dec 2018
Actually I like this episode more than episode 12. Good finale if you consider end credits scene. Emi x Maou is a great but obviously a bold romance option. I ship them from the beginning but lack of information about Maou's backstory give me a "that's not gonna happen" feeling. I'm glad that's a thing now. I like slowly growing love affairs more than Love at First Sight stuff. I hope we get a second season or at least an OVA in the future. 9/10
Aug 29, 2019 4:32 AM

Mar 2018
That khatsu-dum killed me lol xd ep 1 flashbacks

Cool to see some things that were probably left out in the anime. Like Chi-chan doing Archery

The end scene tho.. If this would have real romance focus it'd be one of the stories where I just couldn't choose..
Emi and Chi-chan are both such good ships with Maou ngl

The Maou comes to human world and falls in love with human
or
The Maou comes to human world, followed by the Hero and they fall in love in this world

Both sound great aaahh

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 4, 2019 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
These dreams made me laugh hard, and after credit scene made me glad to watch that show.
Dec 10, 2019 4:29 AM
Sep 2019
BUT COME ON! NOT EVEN A KISS?
Jan 26, 2020 1:09 PM

Aug 2017
Very nice, lighthearted last episode. Good Emi fanservice, spying and tsundere scenes. Sweet ED.

Sad this one is over, I enjoyed it a lot.

Feb 28, 2020 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
Oh no, Greenland is in danger XD. That's one hell of a dream.

Well, this has ended and I'll definitely pick up the LN at some point.

Emilia's light blush at the end... and the umbrella twirl was cute of her.

Jul 17, 2020 8:30 AM

Mar 2020
I don't get how this show got all the hype it got back in the day, i remember mfs talking about it like it was the funniest most interesting show ever.
Shit was average af with some boring characters and a generic ass plot.

I guess the premise of the show sounded cool and fresh but the execution was just lacking. It also got worse in the 2nd half when they went the cliche edgy overdramatic route instead of just being chill.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 25, 2020 6:59 PM

Jun 2017
I really enjoyed watching this. I hope one day they make a season 2.
Aug 28, 2020 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
Nice... James the molester has become part of the cast and the fact that they never addressed the landlady already knowing about Ente Isla will bug me for a while.

Underwhelming last episode if I'm honest. Didn't feel like a proper finale (for this part of the story, at least) and surprisingly, the comedy was also kinda weak this time.

Overall, this series had a rather strong start but started losing steam once the plot tried to become more serious. In that regard, I particularly disliked how most of these serious plot points were revolved around Maou technically being the responsible for lots of deaths back in Ente Isla yet he never got proper development nor an explanation for his evil actions.
Besides, I'm also disappointed with the treatment both Emi and Ashiya received. Emi as character, had some really interesting basis but ended up being your typical tsundere and Ashiya becoming less and less relevant to the main cast in the last few episodes was a mistake in my opinion.

Now despite its faults, I still had a really good time with this show. Comedy was great when the episodes weren't about Ente Isla or The Church and the overall chemistry between characters was also quite pleasant to see, especially when Chi-chan was involved. Absolutely loved her character and antics, by the way.

6,5/10 -> 7/10 - Enjoyable but wish it would have been more comedy-focused with just Maou and Ashiya having daily life adventures in modern Japan.
SouthRzVaAug 28, 2020 10:39 PM
Dec 18, 2020 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
It started out really great, but then it plateaued somewhere in the middle and stayed right there until the end. I still thoroughly enjoyed it though and I wish they'd make a sequel. 8/10
Mar 9, 2021 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
7/10. It was good, and because it was only 13 episodes it didn't feel like I had to push myself through it. Overall the story was mediocre.

The action and animation could have been slightly better. I'll watch season 2 when it comes out.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 14, 2021 5:39 PM

Oct 2020
[quote=Neviathen message=62330380]Man another end of an masterpiece

I really enjoyed this one gonna miss all the laughs

10/10

Saddest part of being an anime watcher is to see the anime that you enjoyed end
Mar 16, 2021 6:59 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Elite60 said:
Hope this sees a S2 one of these days.

Eh, It might take 8 or so years, but have faith.
Mar 16, 2021 7:07 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Ok, that Finale episode was kinda sweet. I like how Ushihara was duped into a scam. And Emi was extra nice this episode, she's really kind. I really liked that Umbrella scene. Good finale. I rate this series 8/10. Can't wait until S2, which was just announced.
Mar 29, 2021 10:16 AM

Oct 2017
Hmmm..... it was good. It was enjoyable and very watchable. I wasn't bored while watching it and I can't say that I felt like I wasted my time.

I'm between giving this a 7 or a 6. I liked it more in the start, it got a little boring in the middle but I started enjoying it again in the last couple episodes. Overall I liked it, I would watch the second season.
Apr 10, 2021 11:20 PM

Aug 2014
This was a very enjoyable anime. I had laughs and it was fun. Just what you want from a comedy anime.
Its also very refreshing.

By reading the forum posts here, its unreal how many people harshly criticize a comedy/silly anime. Get off your horse when it comes to critiquing a comedy anime.

With that said, I dont see the need for a season 2. Its fine as it is, but ill still watch it.

Jun 26, 2021 1:21 PM

Nov 2019
killthemasa said:
Thank fuck there's no second season. How it is right now may not be perfect, but still absolutely great watch. Memorable cast of characters, and very clever premise. Light [8/10].

About that.... Its coming soon
Aug 1, 2021 9:43 AM

Mar 2020
Bad comedy, bad characters, bad romance, bad story and comepletely wasted last episode.
Since I'm in a good mood I gave this a 5/10 but really it should have ended after 4 episodes.
The worst thing about this anime is that the premise is actually unique and very interesting.
Aug 16, 2021 9:17 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh so stupid, he loses his powers, a dude that was an ALL Powerful Devil, and he gives up his powers to be a loser at a McDonald's and date a French Fry girl? Are you kidding me? So stupid, not even regular people would be okay with that life, let alone someone who was ALL powerful and awesome, and that's okay. Ugh. I'd take Demon Lord Retry over this a Million times over even though that is highly mediocre too
Aug 19, 2021 10:49 PM
Dec 2020
That was the ending? That just felt like another episode.
Aug 24, 2021 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
The scammer seems more of a devil than Sadao.

Emi uses her legal knowledge to help out Urushihara's sticky situation and even reciprocates in offering Sadao an umbrella like when they first arrived on Earth.
Fortress_MaximusAug 24, 2021 4:16 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 30, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2017
Of course, everything can go back to normal with Maou's powers, all drained this time.

Everyone has nightmares and dreams, and there lies one Greenland xD

Maou and Ashiya has to work more to pay for Urushihara's purchases being scammed lols, and is a big buik of orders pilng debt. But the issue's done as that wih the cooling-off period. The scammers are more devil than them, and Emi helped clear the ruse.

Emilia repayed Maou the favour of the umbrella.

Now that I think of it, this is a pretty good stopping point of the manga/LN clocking in 5 volumes. All ready for Season 2 coming soon!
Aug 31, 2021 4:09 PM
Jul 2021
this anime so comedy and very funny ahahah.and this anime so legend and i love it so much and i hope the season 2 will be so perfect. :)
Mar 16, 2022 4:15 AM

Dec 2020
When two plots work with their own genres, it's hard to make balance. And what's with fierce enemy suddenly becoming friends or underlings the next episode. Serious parts were the problem of this show.

Watch OPM, if anyone wanna know how comedy is done with serious parts given proper execution.
Mar 18, 2022 10:58 PM

Dec 2020
lucifer getting scammed LMFAOO

that was a nice final ep, concluded the characters' relationship. ashiya and maou finally eating out something decent lol, and its katsu-doon! good for them good for them

emi returning the umbrella favor at the end ;_____; cries
May 4, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2019
Well... here it is. The end to a pretty good show. I really enjoyed the show. It was fun and really fun characters. Maou is cool, and Ashiya and Lucifer are as well. Girls were cute as well. Loved everyone in this show. It was funny and enjoyable.
May 6, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2021
Silly me for believing in the last episode they were gonna explain why fantasy Hitler become such a generic nice and chill guy all of a sudden i guess
Or Emilia actually confronting him for slaughtering her village and family
Or literally anything that would have given the "being a former demon king" thing any substance whatsoever
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

296 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jul 18, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

284 by ArreolaAn9el »»
Jul 7, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

362 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 27, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

268 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 25, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2013

265 by x_scolopendra_x »»
May 22, 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.