Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 5:10 AM

Apr 2009
Hey, I'm seeing people can donate badges for the challenge here, but I failed to find where I can look at already donated ones to use for my signature. Are they posted/compiled somewhere off of the forum threads?
Feb 28, 2021 5:20 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
FroggieStranger said:
dierubikdie said:
Go to that anime's MAL page and click edit details, then click history. It should give you the exact date you last watched an episode.

Thank you but.. what do I do if I don't have any anime I haven't finished or am still watching from before July 1st? Is this point just taken away?
You should use another card :c some of them doesn't have that item number so you will be fine with them

Feb 28, 2021 5:25 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Thrasher96 said:
Nymeew said:
I've been using a chrome extension called Awesome Screenshot, you can screenshot the entire page with it!

I will check that out. Thank you very much! :)
Also, MAL user lifeiscrazy made a really neat Stylus script called MAL Sticky Menu specifically to make this easier. It keeps that menu at the top of your screen when you scroll down. This way you don't need to screenshot the whole page if you don't want to. Here's their post that explains how to install it, in case you've never used Stylus before. It's super easy.

FroggieStranger said:
what do I do if I don't have any anime I haven't finished or am still watching from before July 1st?
If you have no anime that would qualify for this item, you will not be able to use it for your challenge. If you're attempting Bingo Legend, then you will likely need to choose a different card, that does not have item 100 (cards #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #10; none of these have that item).

RulenneClarissa said:
Hey, I'm seeing people can donate badges for the challenge here, but I failed to find where I can look at already donated ones to use for my signature. Are they posted/compiled somewhere off of the forum threads?
There's a special thread for that in our official club.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Feb 28, 2021 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
RulenneClarissa said:
There's a special thread for that in our official club.
Oooh a whole club! Neat!
Thank you <3
Feb 28, 2021 8:20 AM

Jan 2008
Is it allowed to use an anime that you have already completed once and are now rewatching?
I can't seem to find this information in the rules (sorry if it is indeed written somewhere...)
Feb 28, 2021 8:41 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Mashima said:
Is it allowed to use an anime that you have already completed once and are now rewatching?
I can't seem to find this information in the rules (sorry if it is indeed written somewhere...)

As explained in the first post under Sign-Up Forms, rewatched anime cannot be used for the challenge.
Feb 28, 2021 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
bigdud24 said:
Mashima said:

As explained in the first post under Sign-Up Forms, rewatched anime cannot be used for the challenge.

Thanks! I knew I saw the information, but couldn't find it again.
Mar 1, 2021 9:15 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
dierubikdie said:
Thrasher96 said:

I will check that out. Thank you very much! :)
Also, MAL user lifeiscrazy made a really neat Stylus script called MAL Sticky Menu specifically to make this easier. It keeps that menu at the top of your screen when you scroll down. This way you don't need to screenshot the whole page if you don't want to. Here's their post that explains how to install it, in case you've never used Stylus before. It's super easy.

Interesting, I will take a look to this script, thanks for the info! :)
Mar 1, 2021 11:07 AM

Apr 2009
Would Heaven's Design Team that's currently airing, count as having a character who is a professional in their field?
Not sure how to describe them;
"designers" are all supporting, and the mains aren't really secretaries but they do handle communication between parties
How they are paid (if at all) isn't addressed

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41762

Edit: also while I'm here, should I include the anime in the badges I have in my signature in the field for "forum set" anime when signing up?
RulenneClarissaMar 1, 2021 11:13 AM
Mar 1, 2021 11:20 AM

Dec 2020
In regard to challenge number #104

"(104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"

Yuukoku no Moriarty - Would Moriarty as a professional crime consultant count? I am unsure if he gets paid for his work in this anime.
Mar 1, 2021 11:30 AM

Apr 2010
Tryforc3 said:
"(104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"

Yuukoku no Moriarty - Would Moriarty as a professional crime consultant count? I am unsure if he gets paid for his work in this anime.

He has a regular job as a maths teacher in this anime, it's a safer bet to mention that.
Mar 1, 2021 8:18 PM
Jan 2015
I forgot to note the show's popularity when I began watching Doremi Sharp for item no. 45, can I still take a screenshot of the show's page for proof even though I'm halfway done?
LewdWarriorMar 2, 2021 7:24 PM
Mar 2, 2021 12:13 AM

Jan 2011
LewdWarrior said:
I forgot to note the show's popularity when I began watching Doremi Sharp for item no. 60, can I still take a screenshot of the show's page for proof even though I'm halfway done?

If it meets the requirements even after watching some episodes it's safe to screenshot. If the popularity is lower/higher now I'm afraid you'd have to watch something else and take a screenshot of that other anime.

Mar 2, 2021 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
Will this screenshot suffice for challenge #89: Watching an anime suggested by MAL or Anime+? Planning to watch Majo no Tabitabi.
Mar 2, 2021 6:33 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Bayek said:
Will this screenshot suffice for challenge #89: Watching an anime suggested by MAL or Anime+? Planning to watch Majo no Tabitabi.
Looks good to me.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Mar 2, 2021 9:06 AM

Jan 2020
Hello! Need some help regarding my challenge again.

Izumi Miyamura from Horimiya had 500 more favorites than the anime when I took the screenshot for item no. 113, but the anime currently has more favorites than him; is it still going to be valid?
IrrelevantGuyMar 2, 2021 10:21 AM
Mar 2, 2021 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
@IrrelevantGuy
If the screenshots have your username somewhere on them, I see no reason for the anime to be invalidated.
Mar 2, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2020
mozgow said:
@IrrelevantGuy
If the screenshots have your username somewhere on them, I see no reason for the anime to be invalidated.

Glad to know :)
Mar 4, 2021 3:55 AM

Dec 2016
Hello, is it ok if someone checks the image links I posted for this challenge item are clear? It was quite tricky taking those screenshots.

[Started: Mar 03] [Finished: DATE] (113) Watch an anime in which one of the characters has at least 500 more favorites than the anime
Nisemonogatari
[Character: Deishuu "Suzuki" Kaiki | Character Favorites when Started: 10606 | Anime Favorites when Started: 3707]
Mar 4, 2021 5:33 AM

Apr 2011
Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello, is it ok if someone checks the image links I posted for this challenge item are clear? It was quite tricky taking those screenshots.

[Started: Mar 03] [Finished: DATE] (113) Watch an anime in which one of the characters has at least 500 more favorites than the anime
Nisemonogatari
[Character: Deishuu "Suzuki" Kaiki | Character Favorites when Started: 10606 | Anime Favorites when Started: 3707]
That looks all good!

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Mar 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Dec 2016
Lestat- said:
Ha-Sami_J said:

Nisemonogatari
That looks all good!

Thanks a lot!
Mar 4, 2021 9:05 AM

Mar 2016
These are non-humanoid main characters, right: https://myanimelist.net/character/81333/B-gata-kun ?

Mar 4, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2009
YayakoChii said:
These are non-humanoid main characters, right: https://myanimelist.net/character/81333/B-gata-kun ?

Characters from Ketsuekigata-kun! are not valid for the non-humanoid item.
Mar 5, 2021 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
Hi! Quick question:

For #115, (115) Watch a listed anime featuring a character with two different eye colors (also known as heterochromia), what if you find a series not on the list that has a character with two different eye colors? Can you still use it if the character isn't on Anime Planet's list but has a MAL entry? I accidentally watched Kyoshin to Hyouka no Shiro thinking it fit a different box for me but didn't. However, after seeing the last episode, Shirou Amakusa was introduced and he has two different eye colors. I realized the series ended in December 2020 and maybe that's possibly why it's not on the Anime Planet list. Therefore, I was wondering if I could please use this character for my #115 box even though he's not listed on Anime Planet.
Mar 5, 2021 2:19 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
CCC47 said:
Hi! Quick question:

For #115, (115) Watch a listed anime featuring a character with two different eye colors (also known as heterochromia), what if you find a series not on the list that has a character with two different eye colors? Can you still use it if the character isn't on Anime Planet's list but has a MAL entry? I accidentally watched Kyoshin to Hyouka no Shiro thinking it fit a different box for me but didn't. However, after seeing the last episode, Shirou Amakusa was introduced and he has two different eye colors. I realized the series ended in December 2020 and maybe that's possibly why it's not on the Anime Planet list. Therefore, I was wondering if I could please use this character for my #115 box even though he's not listed on Anime Planet.
>He is, though.<

And he's got the heterochromia tag, so he's valid.

Mar 5, 2021 3:19 PM

Oct 2017
dierubikdie said:
>He is, though.<

And he's got the heterochromia tag, so he's valid.

Lol xD dunno how I missed that. Thank you so much for your help!!
Mar 6, 2021 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
A few questions related to screenshots:

1. Should *all* the screenshots I take as proofs for various challenges be wide enough to also grab my username?

For example I took this for some stats showing more PTW members than completed, with the show's title visible but no username:

Is that good enough to use or do I have to take new screenshots with my username visible too?

2. Some challenges have a screenshot field (for proof) others don't. How do I tell where a challenge requires a screenshot be provided vs it's suggested to have one at hand in case things change between sign-up and turn-in (for example for challenge #113 if the difference is over 30k users on a 2000s anime)

3. (this is more semantics) For challenges that have an episode length constraint, for example:
"(48) Watch an anime with an episode duration of 6 minutes or more and less than 500 completed members"
Are movies or single-episode OVAs/Specials etc permitted if they're longer than 6 minutes?
Mar 6, 2021 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
RulenneClarissa said:
1. Should *all* the screenshots I take as proofs for various challenges be wide enough to also grab my username?

For example I took this for some stats showing more PTW members than completed, with the show's title visible but no username:

Is that good enough to use or do I have to take new screenshots with my username visible too?
Yes, all screenshots from MAL must include your username. So your example won't be considered valid.
If the stat you want to screenshot is not visible at the same time as your username, there are some browser extensions to make full-page screenshots (it will look like this).

RulenneClarissa said:
2. Some challenges have a screenshot field (for proof) others don't. How do I tell where a challenge requires a screenshot be provided vs it's suggested to have one at hand in case things change between sign-up and turn-in (for example for challenge #113 if the difference is over 30k users on a 2000s anime)
You should wage it based on how likely (or unlikely) it is that the stat required by the item will change in the future, thus making the anime invalid.

RulenneClarissa said:
3. (this is more semantics) For challenges that have an episode length constraint, for example:
"(48) Watch an anime with an episode duration of 6 minutes or more and less than 500 completed members"
Are movies or single-episode OVAs/Specials etc permitted if they're longer than 6 minutes?
If the item does not state the required number of episodes, single-episode anime are also valid.
mozgowMar 6, 2021 3:55 AM
Mar 6, 2021 4:26 PM
Lord

Feb 2019
Hi,
I'm kind of worried cuz i sent my messages to tell that i've finished my bingo one month ago, and i still dont have news about it

I know that you're not robots so you have your life to dobut it's juste making me stressed to know nothing x)

Thx and sorry

MALoween 2023 : (x6)
Mar 7, 2021 2:17 PM

May 2017
Sarinya said:
Hi,
I'm kind of worried cuz i sent my messages to tell that i've finished my bingo one month ago, and i still dont have news about it

I know that you're not robots so you have your life to dobut it's juste making me stressed to know nothing x)

Thx and sorry

Hello,

We had to finish up some 2020 things before starting on the 2021 challenge.

I do see your name on our list of inspections we have to do so we will get to you as soon as we can ^^
Mar 7, 2021 11:39 PM

Sep 2020
For the "Watch an anime with more users in the "Plan-to-Watch" stat than the "Completed" stat that finished airing before you started it" challenge, I forgot to record the PtW vs. Completed numbers when I finished the series, but about 2 weeks later it is still the case that PtW > Completed users. can I just record the most recent numbers?
Mar 8, 2021 2:55 AM

Apr 2011
nuttybee41 said:
For the "Watch an anime with more users in the "Plan-to-Watch" stat than the "Completed" stat that finished airing before you started it" challenge, I forgot to record the PtW vs. Completed numbers when I finished the series, but about 2 weeks later it is still the case that PtW > Completed users. can I just record the most recent numbers?
You can use the current numbers then. Just make sure to record a screenshot as well in case a drastic change occurs and they switch.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Mar 8, 2021 5:38 PM

Mar 2013
Hello, I have one (probably stupid) question if anyone can help xD

Can I watch multiple shows at the same time? So basically if I am watching something longer and I just want to pause it for a few days, can I watch something else and then finish the first anime I started?
Mar 8, 2021 5:47 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
ninetailedfoxie said:
Can I watch multiple shows at the same time? So basically if I am watching something longer and I just want to pause it for a few days, can I watch something else and then finish the first anime I started?
That's fine. Lots of users do it that way, especially for seasonal anime.

Mar 8, 2021 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
dierubikdie said:
ninetailedfoxie said:
That's fine. Lots of users do it that way, especially for seasonal anime.

Great! Thank you very much for the reply :D
Mar 8, 2021 10:36 PM

Dec 2017
"Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character"
Would Momonga from Overlord count? Since the setting is an RPG I'm unsure so decided to ask.
PollinateMar 8, 2021 11:05 PM
Mar 9, 2021 12:21 AM

Mar 2020
Hello, where do I go to see how long an anime has been in my PLTW? For number 100 it asks "Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more." I'm pretty sure I put Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou in my PLTW before that date; but I want to confirm, that way I know this is a valad anime. Thank you for your time, enjoy your day.
Masterbos175Mar 9, 2021 12:27 AM

- May God Be With You -

Mar 9, 2021 12:26 AM

Mar 2020
Pollinate said:
Would Momonga from Overlord count? Since the setting is an RPG I'm unsure so decided to ask.

Yes. Ainz Ooal Gown is considered Heteromorphic, which is a "non-humanoid main character". Confirmation of this information can be found here which is Ainz Ooal Gown fandom. Have a nice day.

- May God Be With You -

Mar 9, 2021 12:31 AM

Jan 2020
Masterbos175 said:
Hello, where do I go to see how long an anime has been in my PLTW? For number 100 it asks "Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more." I'm pretty sure I put Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou in my PLTW before that date; but I want to confirm, that way I know this is a valad anime. Thank you for your time, enjoy your day.

To find a valid anime for the item, you must have dropped or put an anime on-hold before that specified date. If you have, first go to an anime's "Edit" page, and then click on "History" that appears beside the episode count. All the information that you need should be there.

Mar 9, 2021 4:13 AM

Jul 2014
Pollinate said:
Momonga from Overlord is not valid for this item.
We have a list with examples of valid/invalid characters for this item here.
@Masterbos175
Mar 9, 2021 9:08 PM
Jan 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong but item #122 "Watch an anime that has two or more adaptations listed under Related Anime", I just have to pick a show with 2 or more listings in the "Adaptation" section and not the other Related anime sections like Summary, alternative version, sequel, prequel etc?

And for item #71 "Watch a listed themed anime: CGI or Isekai", Deca-dence has the CGI tag on anidb but not on AnimePlanet where the CGI URL link points to. Can I still use it for this item?
LewdWarriorMar 9, 2021 10:19 PM
Mar 10, 2021 2:33 AM

Jul 2014
LewdWarrior said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but item #122 "Watch an anime that has two or more adaptations listed under Related Anime", I just have to pick a show with 2 or more listings in the "Adaptation" section and not the other Related anime sections like Summary, alternative version, sequel, prequel etc?
Yes, that's correct.

LewdWarrior said:
And for item #71 "Watch a listed themed anime: CGI or Isekai", Deca-dence has the CGI tag on anidb but not on AnimePlanet where the CGI URL link points to. Can I still use it for this item?
Nope, it has to be listed on AnimePlanet.
Mar 10, 2021 10:47 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
(83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title

is SK∞ valid?

(92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set

Can it be any season of the featured series?

(94) Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2020 onward

I assume it must be a MAL article, right?

(99) Watch an anime with a year in the main title
(109) Watch an anime with 8 or more main characters listed
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed

Are there any lists for those items? Or a way to get them by query?
Mar 10, 2021 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Thrasher96 said:
(83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title

is SK∞ valid?
Yes, it's valid.

Thrasher96 said:
(92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set

If the forum set contains a character, this character must be listed as a character in the anime you want to use.

Thrasher96 said:
(94) Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2020 onward

Yes, that's correct.

Thrasher96 said:
(99) Watch an anime with a year in the main title
(109) Watch an anime with 8 or more main characters listed
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed

I don't think there is an easy way to find these. You can always ask for recommendations for those items.
Mar 10, 2021 11:46 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
mozgow said:
Thrasher96 said:

is SK∞ valid?
Yes, it's valid.

Great, the explanation said this item doesn't allow numerals, I didn't know if the symbol ∞ was considered a numeral.

mozgow said:
Thrasher96 said:

If the forum set contains a character, this character must be listed as a character in the anime you want to use.

Thrasher96 said:

Yes, that's correct.

Thrasher96 said:

I don't think there is an easy way to find these. You can always ask for recommendations for those items.

Thank you very much for the help! :) I will ask for recommendations then.
Mar 11, 2021 5:48 AM

Apr 2009
Thank you for all the help earlier! I have some more questions in the process of fixing issues noted earlier:

1. For item #106, would the MC from Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka qualify even though she was originally a human but reborn as a spider to start the show? On a related note, would Rimuru from Tensura be excluded due to their transformation ability?

2. For item #119, I want to use Olympia Kyklos which has 20+ endings. Do I have to list off every individual OP/ED, or is it sufficient to either
A: list off the first 5, showing there's at least that many or
B: have a screenshot of the whole lot on its MAL page

3. Similar question to above, but for #110, is linking the character page for the anime sufficient or should each MC and support be listed? In case of a total of more than 10 characters.

4. For challenges based on themes or tags on anidb/anime-planet (glasses, mafia, CGI, etc), should I also link the respective anime/character page on the other site?

Thrasher96 said:
Thrasher96 said:
I haven't a clue if you'd want to watch this series, but the second season of Diabolik Lovers has 11 MCs. The first season falls just short of 8 alas.

edit: broken links
Mar 11, 2021 6:52 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
RulenneClarissa said:
For item #106, would the MC from Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka qualify even though she was originally a human but reborn as a spider to start the show?
The show hasn't finished airing, so I'm not sure if she ends up gaining a humanoid form at some point. If she spends the majority of the series as a spider, that would be valid.

On a related note, would Rimuru from Tensura be excluded due to their transformation ability?
We actually talked about Rimuru recently and decided that he would not be valid, since he spends a significant portion of the show in humanoid form.

For item #119, I want to use Olympia Kyklos which has 20+ endings. Do I have to list off every individual OP/ED, or is it sufficient to either
You don't have to list any of them. Just indicate how many of each there are. You don't even need a screenshot, really.

Similar question to above, but for #110, is linking the character page for the anime sufficient or should each MC and support be listed? In case of a total of more than 10 characters.
Again, you don't need to list them out. Just state how many there are of each.
On a related note, don't forget that you can check the full item list for notes and rules about each item.

For challenges based on themes or tags on anidb/anime-planet (glasses, mafia, CGI, etc), should I also link the respective anime/character page on the other site?
That's not required, since we check it manually anyway, but a link definitely helps us save some time during inspection.

Mar 11, 2021 7:12 AM

Apr 2009
dierubikdie said:
RulenneClarissa said:
For item #106, would the MC from Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka qualify even though she was originally a human but reborn as a spider to start the show?
The show hasn't finished airing, so I'm not sure if she ends up gaining a humanoid form at some point. If she spends the majority of the series as a spider, that would be valid.

On a related note, would Rimuru from Tensura be excluded due to their transformation ability?
We actually talked about Rimuru recently and decided that he would not be valid, since he spends a significant portion of the show in humanoid form.

For item #119, I want to use Olympia Kyklos which has 20+ endings. Do I have to list off every individual OP/ED, or is it sufficient to either
You don't have to list any of them. Just indicate how many of each there are. You don't even need a screenshot, really.

Similar question to above, but for #110, is linking the character page for the anime sufficient or should each MC and support be listed? In case of a total of more than 10 characters.
Again, you don't need to list them out. Just state how many there are of each.
On a related note, don't forget that you can check the full item list for notes and rules about each item.

For challenges based on themes or tags on anidb/anime-planet (glasses, mafia, CGI, etc), should I also link the respective anime/character page on the other site?
That's not required, since we check it manually anyway, but a link definitely helps us save some time during inspection.
Thank you for the swift response! I really went overboard on some of these huh
Mar 11, 2021 10:01 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
RulenneClarissa said:

Thrasher96 said:

I haven't a clue if you'd want to watch this series, but the second season of Diabolik Lovers has 11 MCs. The first season falls just short of 8 alas.

Thanks :) I appreciate any suggestion, for I take note of recommendations. I will pick one when I will have enough titles to choose from.
Thrasher96Mar 11, 2021 10:13 AM
Mar 11, 2021 3:52 PM

Aug 2019
For the theme combinations that have been assigned for items #69-73, does the anime have to match all of the themes listed or at least one?

"...fatih, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

"I began to trust the world [...] to give unforeseen goods and pleasures that I had not thought to want."

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

622 by hoshi4 »»
8 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

627 by Ranacchi »»
Yesterday, 4:15 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

125 by Joyboy_WoL »»
Sep 23, 8:18 PM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by kjplethodon »»
Jul 1, 4:34 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.