Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2015 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
AndThatsThat said:
PriestSlayer said:
I suppose you're referring to Kaneki? His hair turn white because of extreme stress, same goes for the nails.

Are you sure? At first I thought it was because of Jason's torture but that logic souned kinda absurd
It was the stress caused by both Jason's torture and his mind breaking. That can happen in real life too.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 9, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
PriestSlayer said:
AndThatsThat said:

Are you sure? At first I thought it was because of Jason's torture but that logic souned kinda absurd
It was the stress caused by both Jason's torture and his mind breaking. That can happen in real life too.

For real? Never knew that.

So.... are new episodes gonna be out every week? Or what is exactly the deal
Anime is the prime example of why 2 nukes weren't enough.
Jan 9, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
AndThatsThat said:
For real? Never knew that.

So.... are new episodes gonna be out every week? Or what is exactly the deal
Weekly episodes
FragOutFire said:

Jan 9, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
The ending scene where Kaneki was walking in his battle suit seemed like the gourmet restaurant. Not sure if anyone pointed that but it means he's still eating ghouls.
Jan 9, 2015 11:23 AM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
The ending scene where Kaneki was walking in his battle suit seemed like the gourmet restaurant. Not sure if anyone pointed that but it means he's still eating ghouls.
Really? I watched that twice and didn't notice that
FragOutFire said:

Jan 9, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
I ... what...did anyone also notice that there were guards lined up across ways..?
Jan 9, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
Nevermind. In the end, he gets captured by the CCG anyway and then forgets everything. -_-
Jan 9, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
AndThatsThat said:
PriestSlayer said:
I suppose you're referring to Kaneki? His hair turn white because of extreme stress, same goes for the nails.

Oh, and ... I almost thought he was gonna confess to Touka or something lol when he came back to her

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette_syndrome
Jan 9, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2014
Dat plot twist doe.
Jan 9, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
I don't hate the OP ,but compared to unravel, it sucks. I really like the ED though. So far I really liked the first episode and the direction the show is going in. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!
Jan 9, 2015 12:02 PM

Jan 2012
Well it was okay... the fight scenes didn't feel as impressive as in the manga... Feel like something is missing like maybe how the mental state of Kaneki wasn't that well conveyed... as well as Touka's reaction to his appearance...

Decided to watch it in the end since it's different from the manga but well... don't like the animation much...

Anyway quite like the ED
Jan 9, 2015 12:09 PM

Mar 2014
An okay episode, kinda disappointing to me since I was hyped for this. I really wanted to see the manga chapters animated..especially the Ayato vs Kaneki. I hope it plays out well and the story is just as interesting.
Jan 9, 2015 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
OP was so weird... The ED tho!! *_*

I was really waiting for Kaneki vs Ayato. Ah well, maybe one day they might release it as an OVA or make an entire series following the manga.

Let's just trust Sui Ishida. I'm sure he will make this an amazing story!
Jan 9, 2015 12:51 PM
Apr 2013
Kaneki badass as expected, this could be good!
Jan 9, 2015 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
I'm so glad the show is back. As for the premiere, I thought it was great. Only complaint is the new OP, which sucks compared to Unravel.
Jan 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Oct 2011
It was BOOOOOORING~

Kaneki's walking. Hide's riding. Kaneki's walking. Hide's watching. The buildings are falling apart. People are dying. Kaneki is walking and watching dead people. Kaneki is walking and Amon is staring at his butt. A lot of short scenes, which meant really nothing - ten seconds of Tsukiyama, five of Hinami, three for Uta, two for Yomo, three for Banjou... The only slow scene which was nice was Kaneki and Eto.

Besides, how could Amon recognize Kaneki, huh? Is it power of love or something? Kaneki changed a lot since their fight, his hair went black and Amon saw his back, dammit.

Yoshimura saving Shinohara and Iwa? I remember that he was against killing, but really, saving them? Isn't it pretty too much?

I missed that half killing scene, but what's worse - there wasn't "I won't" and "You protected Touka, Ayato" scenes. I had similar feeling as from the first season - cutting, changing and raping original material, so... I'm kinda glad that Kaneki joined Aogiri. First, I was quite confused about that - it's such a HUGE change - but this may be better option, taking different route in anime and doing the whole story sort of alternative version. A lot of people like Aogiri and Eto, maybe we'll be able to see some of them which author didn't include in manga yet, but will use in TG:re in the future.
Isn't it like Ishida-sensei is writing fan fiction to his own work? It's kinda lovely. I really like the idea, but the rest is... ugh.

This episode was too slow. Kaneki was too silent. There were some fights, but they weren't so exciting like in the manga and sometimes I found animation ridiculous. The action lacked something, thrill probably. Opening song is not bad, but maybe not suitable for this anime. I liked the opening and ending animation both. Ending song was boring too. Music was nice, but... naah, I'm going to read manga once again. It's much, much better.
Jan 9, 2015 1:01 PM
Aug 2014
Hopefully in the next adaptation we get to see this heartfelt goodbye rather than the sad farewell we got in Root A.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c079/5.html

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/toukyou_kushu/c079/13.html

Kaneki and Touka moments melt my heart.
ShiiiruJan 9, 2015 1:09 PM
Jan 9, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
I'm actually quite happy it'll be an original story line because now people who've read the manga and like to complain about that, can't complain as much (I've read the manga but i've accepted that anime is totally different and that complaining and comparing isn't any good) It is a shame though they didn't include Kaneki telling Ayato that he knows he still cares for Touka more than he wants to admit but overall it's quite good, I do hope the reson why Kaneki decided to join Aogiri will be explained later!
I'm not rude... I just wasn't taught to politely pretend to be nice to people I can't stand.
Jan 9, 2015 1:04 PM

May 2013
Great start, don't like the OP :/
Jan 9, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 2013
WAAHH!! That was so cool!! XD
10/10 <3
I wonder why he went to Aogiri ...
Omg!! Can't wait for the next episode to come out! :DDDDD
Jan 9, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
I don't have much hope for this alternative sequel since its also made by Pierrot, but at least they aren't shitting on the source material this time, because its supposed to be an original series.

Probably will watch, it better than what i expected.
Jan 9, 2015 1:20 PM
Aug 2011
mistaflake said:
RosyXkid said:

Dude Tokyo Ghoul √A is a whole different route to the manga ,maybe some parts to it ,maybe not.
Tokyo Ghoul √A is written the original way Ishida Sui intended to write the story.

How is Tokyo Ghoul √A written the original way Ishida Sui intended? No it is not. It's just an alternate version of events after the Aogiri part. Where are you getting that Ishida wanted it this way but never had the chance to do so?

Oh i am aware of it that ishida took part in the anime script. however i just wanted to mention that i was quite suprised, that he created such an surprising plot twist.
So, after rethinking it, it is really interesting to imagine what would happen, if kaneki joins aogiri tree!

I once read, Ishida wasn't happy with the first season of the Anime? Am I wrong?
Jan 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
Holy fuck. This episode was amazing. He is SO badass now. I can see this being a top anime from this season if it continues to go where it's currently going.

5/5 or 10/10 for me.
Jan 9, 2015 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
God, I hate in when anime studios spend all their budget on the OP.
Jan 9, 2015 2:29 PM

Feb 2013
People hating on the new OP don't have good taste in music.
Jan 9, 2015 2:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The full ED is already out, if someone is interested.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 9, 2015 3:03 PM
Dec 2013
^ thanks man! much appreciated
Jan 9, 2015 3:06 PM
Feb 2013
The fighting scenes are quite good. However, I feel pretty disappointed.
I waited the entire time for Kaneki to half kill him! (<spoiler for manga) and he just say "I can't kill you" and walks away! me: WHA?! 0.o. Besides, after everything Aogiri did to him, he still joins them? Yea, as if it makes sense.
But since it's still "Tokyo Ghoul", and since I'm still a fan of the series, I'll give it a 5/5.
Btw, anyone know the schedule? As in, when is the 2nd episode coming out?
Jan 9, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
Well...I´m not going to say: "OH Idon´t like the opening song"...because i did it with unravel ...and now is my alarm clock...hehehe...XD
So I´ll wait to give my opinion about the music but the idea of that delicate woman hands hiding kaneki´s face is really beautiful,elegant and sophisticated and tells the story of the 1 season perfectly,flowers do the same...fine art.
Love the new kaneki he changed the outside and more important: the inside. Can´t wait for the new episode.<3
Jan 9, 2015 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
Why the hell is he joining Aogiri? I knew he was gonna leave Anteiku, but was expected him to fight alone, I really like Kaneki's new personality now though!

I think if the first season included this episode and ended right after it, it'd have been a very epic ending, the episode was kinda rushed, but good overall.

The art is great, but the animation in the fight scenes didn't impress me, just saying.

The opening of the first season was my favorite of 2014, this season's has the potential to be the worst of this year! how ironic!
Jan 9, 2015 3:24 PM

Dec 2013
Overall great episode.
It's not like I hate the new OP, it just doesn't have the same impact as Unravel. However the end song and ED were really awesome.
Jan 9, 2015 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
They really started this season off with a bang.

I was really surprised, but since I've read some of the manga, I can think of this as a "what could have happened" kind of thing.
Which is why I also get the whole "set in a parallel world" thing.
I'm excited to see where this is going honestly.

Also, for some of the people who might still be wondering about this, I think the name of the second season is a reference to Aogiri.
Root = Tree.
A = Aogiri.
vvindsweptJan 9, 2015 4:01 PM
Jan 9, 2015 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Ah my favourite melodramatic edgy teen angst emo Show is back. Loving it.
Jan 9, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
Bad OP, mediocre ED, missing THAT scene of the manga, changing little details left and right, anime original route...

This can either go horribly wrong or, if the original work is good (doubt it), surprisingly decent. I wonder how they're planning to flesh out Aogiri's characters and give them meaningful interactions in only 12 episodes.
GoldenSaltPillarJan 9, 2015 4:17 PM
Jan 9, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2012
Cause said:
AndThatsThat said:

Oh, and ... I almost thought he was gonna confess to Touka or something lol when he came back to her

Still doesnt explain how his previously ripped of nails grew back with black nail polish on them in like a few hours.
Jan 9, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
It doesn't take a genius to know why he joined Aogiri Tree. Lol I mean Kaneki clearly stated his motives in the CM.
Jan 9, 2015 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
baki502 said:
Cause said:

Still doesnt explain how his previously ripped of nails grew back with black nail polish on them in like a few hours.

ye the finger nails don't really make sense.

only somewhat logical explanation i can come up with is that he simply has problems healing his fingers and the black is pretty much dried up blood under the finger nails or something
Jan 9, 2015 4:54 PM

Apr 2014
baki502 said:
Cause said:

Subungual hematoma

Also Kaneki is a rinkaku type. Read the manga if you want to know more.
Jan 9, 2015 4:58 PM

Apr 2011
Like many said new opening sux. Ending is nice :)
The tension of this episode was damm nice <3 I can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 9, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
Z4k said:

Also Kaneki is a rinkaku type. Read the manga if you want to know more.

I really dont think a in-universe fantasy phenomen is anything but a convenient excuse for trying to make him look cooler. Cause lets be honest that is all its about. Even his whole get up has no practical use, but he does look like he is wearing bondage stuff. Or some of those skinny emo goth fashion. Lets not start pretending the show isnt a lot of style over substance.
Jan 9, 2015 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
xSanox said:
baki502 said:

only somewhat logical explanation i can come up with is that he simply has problems healing his fingers and the black is pretty much dried up blood under the finger nails or something

I thought his fingers and toes were cut off instead of his nails being ripped?They did show kaneki's toes like once or twice in the room and the toes had a different colour than the foot,as if they were cut off.
Jan 9, 2015 5:36 PM
Jul 2014
PrevE said:
xSanox said:

I thought his fingers and toes were cut off instead of his nails being ripped?They did show kaneki's toes like once or twice in the room and the toes had a different colour than the foot,as if they were cut off.

yo my friend what was the last song not the ending when kaneki left touka
Jan 9, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
dudegay123 said:
PrevE said:

yo my friend what was the last song not the ending when kaneki left touka

It's a new sound track so it hasn't been released yet. I'm thinking it has to do with them being ripped off so many times.
Jan 9, 2015 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
That explains the title. Route Aogiri. I do hope it won't suck unlike the ending of the manga.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Jan 9, 2015 6:54 PM
Jan 2015
Im not sure if I'm gonna like the new opening. However the episode was nice though some details are gone and twist. How will Kaneki fight Aogiri if he's joining them? A back stab strategy? hmm. I wonder how will the author twist the story not being so far from the manga.
Jan 9, 2015 6:55 PM

Jan 2012
Wow! This is great. Im so glad its actually different from the manga.

It gives us a new look on things.
Plus, it could be that he wants to take it down but wants to join on the inside?
We dont know for sure, but I think it will be great :)

I hope it will be at least. It can either be AMAZING or crash and burn. I hope it doesnt D: Eto is so...YES
Jan 9, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2008
WOW! What a great first episode. This episode alone is better than the rest of the season 1. Kaneki joining Aogiri is an interesting development.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 9, 2015 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
Im wondering how different this is from the manga since i havent read it. tht Toka reaching out moment though, im hoping she doesnt become a supporting character
Jan 9, 2015 8:02 PM
Jul 2013
wtf kaneki you fuck face
Jan 9, 2015 8:27 PM
Nov 2011
what happened to my manga story agjdlsfhldrhg
guess i should get used to the fact its not going to be like the manga

i didnt really like the OP of course its nothing compared to unravel
ahhhh still wish it followed the manga i totally didnt know its not following till i watched the ep DFH:D:FGH:
Pages (17) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - 1 hour ago

8 by remeemes »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:47 AM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.