Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Sep 15, 2013 2:02 PM
Sep 2013
Rasco said:
Watching Levi walk while being talked to about marriage was just very... Bitter.

Oh btw, remember how Auruo talked to Petra about marriage in one of the previous episodes?
hehehehahah. Something like "tying me down" and her not being "ready" to be his "wife" ?

Ohhhh
Burn =X
Sep 15, 2013 2:50 PM
Feb 2013
RaurosFalls said:
Wow, I'm surprised everyone reacts so positively to this episode. This episode has actually turned me off from this show. I was willing to put up with the slow pace of it before because it still held some interest but everything that happened after he cut Eren out seemed completely pointless. I could tell it was filler. It's going to be 100 episode before it starts getting to the interesting parts, I don't have the patience for that. Throwing out bodies to lighten the weight and be able to escape? wtf. It would have made more sense if they were using them as bait or something. Though I guess maybe titans don't eat dead people or something... I think I'm going to finish Oreimo S2 instead, regardless of how jarringly different it is from this show lol

Ok, see you later! In another thread, I mean. Have fun with Oreimo!

That said, pls be consistent. Nothing worse than people complaining and whining how bad the series is, and that they are going to drop it and watch something else... and repeat that *every god damn* episode.

Just do what you say you are going to do! Be consistent! You think the series is shit? Fine! Don't watch it. And certainly don't *keep* watching it and keep telling us that it's not worth watching and how it sucks and you're going to watch something else instead - over and over again. If you have no patience for this series; move on to another series.

Just saying. Because I've seen this pattern before.
Sep 15, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
RaurosFalls said:
On second thought, I'll keep watching this. Just because Levi's awesome.

HalfMetalJacket said:

You know there's only 2 more episodes left of the season right? 100 episodes of filler when only 2 episodes are left. You're trolling.

I'm not trolling. I still think it's damn slow.

It is damn slow, I know that. Filler moments are most SNK will go though, so stay. If all goes well, then the slow pacing will be worth it as a solid conclusion will close the curtains of season 1, while at the same time enticing you to read the manga and anticipate the coming of season 2.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 16, 2013 1:19 AM

Jul 2008
This is how you do filler right, however...

HOLY SHIT LEVI JUST DESTROYED THE FEMALE TITAN.

And for all who think all is lost, I'll just say:

Sep 16, 2013 1:17 PM
May 2013
Levi was awesome this episode - the way he dealt withh the FT!!!!
and Petra's dad going up to Levi and talking about her marrying him.......man i was heartbroken at the fact that he doesn't know she is dead. that was deep.
Sep 19, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2011
Dumping Petra's body and then seeing her father talk to Levi about her getting married... that stung. For a filler episode, it was really good.
Sep 19, 2013 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
Levi was going to marry Petra?
セクシーヒップスター
Sep 19, 2013 10:32 PM
Jul 2013
What happened to the other special squad's bodies, I wonder?
Did they just purposely show us Petra's for a more tragic effect?

Though that worked nicely, I guess. If it was any other body it wouldn't have hit us that bad. Then of course the father's talk.
Sep 20, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2012
So instead of recovering that one body, all are lost. The crowd's reaction is definitely the most boring part of the episode, it's the same every time. But I see the connection they tried to make to when Eren was in his youth.

Dang, when Mikasa gets serious.

Sep 22, 2013 12:22 PM

Aug 2011
I have been waiting so patiently (not seriously) for the animation of the Levi vs. the female Titan scene... the anime did not disappoint. Mikasa is my girl, but she has nothing on Levi's skills. I loved how he timed his attack - cool and level-headed, the man is awesome. I've watched that opening 5 times already.

Was there really an indication of Petra and Levi having a relationship; if so, I must have missed it in the manga.
Sep 22, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 2013
I have this epic image of Levi diving into a horde of Titans, maneuvering low around their feet using the 3D gear, and slicing at their ankles, leaving them to be easily finished off by the other scouts. With the speed he displayed against the FT, he should be able to bring down about 2-3 every second. Yes, Levi's best role may be support.
Sep 24, 2013 4:02 AM

Dec 2010
This was actually a great episode. For me the anime picks up in just the last few episodes.
Sep 24, 2013 6:29 AM
Jul 2013
Fuck, I cried and I'm not one of the people that just cry,
I mean Levi had to deal with Petra's faher and keep a straight face, and all the people that knew Levi's team members just assumed they'd be back, because they were good enough. AND DAMN THAT CORPSE, Levi was still...still enduring...
And levi just had to bear it all.
Poor Eren, he is in the exact same position as he was when he was young having to bear the comments of the ignorant people. True, it must be hard for them to pay taxes, but we're talking about human souls here. And eren's fate is yet to be decided...
And you know what's the worst part?
People who join the army today ad have to go to war are in the same position.
It's not like thsis cannot relate to reality. These things can happen and do happen.
Sep 28, 2013 8:58 AM

Jun 2010
the end with petras father TT
Sep 28, 2013 7:01 PM

May 2012
Damn what a hectic fight and so many deaths! Well it was quite sad but they've gone back so lets see what's next!
Sep 29, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2012
OMG FUCKING TENSE
Oct 1, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
The moment they tossed Petra's body... </3 The moment Petra's dad started talking to Levi about marriage... </3 I could just FEEL the pain Levi's experiencing even though he doesn't show it. (well he sort of does)

Anyways... very depressing episode. God.
Oct 4, 2013 7:43 PM

Feb 2011
In the beginning, when Levi pulled his crazy moves on the female titan I was all, "hell yeah!"

Now I just want to crawl into a corner and cry. Petra's body getting tossed and then her father talking to Levi like that... And the look on Levi's face... Talk about powerful. T_T
NikokoNov 16, 2013 10:45 PM
Oct 6, 2013 12:05 PM

Mar 2012
The amount of feels ;_; Love how even the filler material is great.
Oct 7, 2013 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
I'm glad that Eren is back!Levi,he is soo cool,i mean his technique,he is very strong!!
Mikasa could died if Levi wouldn't helped her...
The bodies "throwing away" part was very sad,and the OST to that part :/
The exploration army faces when they came back :/ And those people making comments,saying that it was useless...stop talking you don't even know!!
Capt Erwin and Levi's faces,i'm glad that they've didn't said nothing about who died..
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 7, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
The heck if they don't make a good closure of this anime in the next 3 episodes I'll be really angry! I won't be able to wait for another season.
Oct 11, 2013 3:31 PM

Jan 2012
Eren's feelings are the main focus many times but the feelings I worry about are Levi's and Erwin's, Mikasa and Armin aren't going anywhere in the foreseeable future but Levi basically lost all his companions from his squad, that really sucks
Oct 14, 2013 3:02 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode gloomy and thoughtful, rightly brings the plot and the characters to question the narrative flows slowly with a few twists. Some interesting ideas lead you to think, but the attention is focused on the drama staged. Good enough the episode also with regard to the animation and designs that have ups and downs. Promo really intriguing. * _ *
Bet he deserved a point less for the technical part a little ballerina, but they are magnanimous!
Oct 15, 2013 8:34 AM

Jun 2011
That was filler? It was bloody amazing.

The part where Petra was thrown out, and Levi looks back really got me.
I'm still not sure how he got Ivan's logo, but I don't see how people can hate him after this...

They should rename this Shingeki no Feelings.
Oct 15, 2013 12:14 PM
Jul 2013
Part of Levi, was amazing.
Oct 15, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
ikazuuyr said:

I'm still not sure how he got Ivan's logo, but I don't see how people can hate him after this...

That was actually Petra's logo
Oct 16, 2013 4:51 PM
Dec 2012
Sad episode. RIP Levi's squad. ;_;
Oct 27, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2008
Levi's expression while listening to the girl's father had a lot of impact.
Nov 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2013
dimsumftw said:
Petra's body and her dad ;_;

This. T_T
Nov 1, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, this episode made me cry. Dead bodies that were thrown, the family of the victims waiting for them...
And I felt like Levi had a heart too, but not really obvious.
That female titan... :/
Nov 2, 2013 5:23 AM

Dec 2011
All those deaths yet the thing that saddens me most is the thought that Eren might be separated from his friends again.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 7, 2013 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Loved it. Feels. Lots of feels. Petra's dad... fucking hell. RIP everyone who died a hero. And RIP Eren's crew. *feels overload*
Nov 7, 2013 10:55 PM
Nov 2013
That scene where another pair of kids stood there watching them coming back and the boy getting all excited like Eren years ago really got me..T_T
Nov 8, 2013 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
Lot of sadness...was that a tear coming down the Female Titan's eye? Pretty epic though, I guess I shouldn't have stopped attempting to know all of the side characters' names with their faces, I didn't even know there was an Ivan :| ......remembering every side character that has died so far ought to yield an award of some kind.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 9, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2008
I love Levi.
Author - PLEASE don't let him die ...
Dec 21, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2008
Levi vs FT was amazing. I really hope his leg injury when rescuing Mikasa isn't foreshadowing disaster in some future fight...
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 25, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
Weird filler episode. =/
Salmon is delicious.
Feb 25, 2014 1:49 AM

Sep 2013
I think they just dumped the bodies of levi's entire squad except for one...
Mar 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Jun 2011
Damn it, it must be hard on Levi and Erwin, they bear such huge responsible..

Levi was so badass against the female titan. Sigh Mikasa, just do what Levi told you, would ya? -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 22, 2014 12:04 AM

Sep 2011
This anime is making me cry so much :(( Rip Petra and all the others from your squad.

Shingeki no kyojin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Masterpiece.
Mar 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Jun 2009
sim0n2170 said:
ikazuuyr said:

That was actually Petra's logo

I actually don't know if that was her logo. At the start of that scene, they showed her hand with the mark on it in the line of bodies in between two other bodies. But, whoever's logo was cut off was from the body on the end of the line. And when he knelt next to it, you could see that the body was taller, and Petra was small. So, with this in mind, the logo was definitely from someone on his squad, but it might not have been Petra's. Or at least there's a continuity error if it was.

I like to think that he took all four of the logos, though, for safekeeping. All four of them were important to him, after all.
Apr 2, 2014 6:52 PM

May 2013
This filler episode was decent. It's nice that we see the emotional toll inflicted on the various characters from the battle against the female titans.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
May 15, 2014 2:01 AM

Mar 2014
OriginANIME said:
The moment they tossed Petra's body... </3 The moment Petra's dad started talking to Levi about marriage... </3 I could just FEEL the pain Levi's experiencing even though he doesn't show it. (well he sort of does)

Anyways... very depressing episode. God.

this so much
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 29, 2014 5:42 AM

Jan 2014
Animation was god-awful. What happened? Did Levi just start floating backward and chi chatting with Mikasa? That's not how 3DMG works. I also get that titans have scary poses in the manga but seeing it animated makes then weird actually. But then again, better animation should have been used.
Mostly filler, but the ending was pretty emotional.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2012
judals said:
Animation was god-awful. What happened? Did Levi just start floating backward and chi chatting with Mikasa? That's not how 3DMG works. I also get that titans have scary poses in the manga but seeing it animated makes then weird actually. But then again, better animation should have been used.

So was the Levi vs FT fight also god-awful animation then?
May 30, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
sim0n2170 said:
judals said:

So was the Levi vs FT fight also god-awful animation then?

Definitely
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2009
It seems ages ago Eren was told to get to that basement to learn. Here were are near the end of the series which intentionally will go more than one season from the way they have dragged things out and I'm doubting he will reach it or we will get answers. We might have gotten answers if they let the female titan take him. I feel this series would have deserved a higher score had that not gone out of their way to drag out the story as many episodes/seasons as possible.
Such junk...
Jul 29, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
An episode that tells us how much pain soldiers suffer after battle, without Armin crying and showing how worthless he is? This anime surely has some twists xD

Also, Levi, you my friend, are epic.
Aug 4, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
Wtf only 3 Episodes + Ova's left. How do they want to clear all mysteries and still be interessting
Sep 11, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
In my opinion, this is the best episode out of the entire season. I love the fight with Levi and the Female Titan. You'd better cry, Female Titan, you just got your shit tossed!
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.