Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Jul 12, 2020 12:46 PM

Jul 2016
fullofregrets09 said:

Yeah, I gave it a 4, even though it’s my favorite anime at the moment and I’ve been waiting for four years for it and have rewatched so many episodes and theorized so much. I wanted to be fair. 5 for me if like episode 15 or 18 of last season. I think people are just glad it’s back and went a little crazy.

4/10 literally means "bad" and 5, "average". If it's your favorite series at the moment one would expect 7 or even 8 at least, maybe 6 if you're unsure of your score.
Jul 12, 2020 12:49 PM
Jun 2016
QcDiablo said:
fullofregrets09 said:

Yeah, I gave it a 4, even though it’s my favorite anime at the moment and I’ve been waiting for four years for it and have rewatched so many episodes and theorized so much. I wanted to be fair. 5 for me if like episode 15 or 18 of last season. I think people are just glad it’s back and went a little crazy.

4/10 literally means "bad" and 5, "average". If it's your favorite series at the moment one would expect 7 or even 8 at least, maybe 6 if you're unsure of your score.

My bad, I thought we were talking about the forum post score for the episode which is on a five-star scale, not the actual MAL score of the whole anime series thus far which is on a 10-point scale. Yeah, if I were to judge the whole series now based off of this one episode on a 10-point scale, I would give it an 8.
Jul 12, 2020 2:00 PM

Jan 2019
So hard to watch with a straight face. Cringy :(
Script is filled with so much unnecessary lines.
Well... the first season was pretty much the same in large part but for some reason I still ended up rating it at 8 (probably mostly because of the underlying idea). Will see how this goes :D
Jul 12, 2020 2:56 PM

Aug 2015
people here complaining about the animation being the same as season 1
be grateful this anime didn't get the SDS season 3 treatment.

great episode, I missed my girl Rem a lot, it was nice to see her again.
Jul 12, 2020 3:17 PM
Feb 2016
There is a deeper meaning in all of this.

When Subaru chased Emilia's affection, she didn't reciprocate in the way that he wanted. But while his attention was on her, Rem fell in love with Subaru.

Now, Subaru is fixated on Rem, and he wants to save her. But this ignites some "passion" in Emilia, where she confesses that she wants to be there for him no matter what, and pretty much bear all of his burden and pain. Remember in Episode 13 when she said that the Emilia HE fantasizes about must be amazing because she can bear the burden of the feelings he carries like they're her own? NOW SHE WANTS TO DO JUST THAT.

Meaning that in the end, a woman will chase you when you have a higher purpose and your focus is on something else, not solely on them.

Tappei is a Chad, confirmed. He knows the game. Very well done.
Jul 12, 2020 8:54 PM

Mar 2010
Whaitea said:
otakode said:
So unfortunately someone had already spoiled that Rem fucking dies in the first episode, so it didn't hit me as hard since I was expecting it.

Well... You were fed "fake" spoiler then. She just got put to sleep (REM? Sleep? Am I the only one who find this humorous? :P).
Also, there is a distinctive difference between her "just" put to sleep without anyone but Subaru having any memories of her, and her dying and nobody remembering her like it happened once with the White Whale in S1. Now there is still hope that she can be recovered (maybe killing Ley will fix her?) in the future. It's very convenient plot device, removing "best girl" from the plot for now, so that the protagonist can focus more on his "canon waifu"/heroine and suffer more? That's my guess at least.

I have read a bit of WN (the beginning of arc 4) and I wonder how different some events will be. I fear that there won't be enough episodes to fit the entire plot into S2 without cutting content (some events were cut from S1, 1ep worth of content or so).

If re:zero was a show driven purely by waifus then this might matter, but Rem is a side character who's presence is both less important to the plot than Emilia & is irrelevant to Emilia's own conflicts. There isn't much to focus on regarding if all Rem even if she were still here unless all Rem fans want of her is acting like puppy in front of Subaru for umteepth time cause that the extent of her development right now.

This isn't an attack on her, but this "Rem was removed so Emilia could shine" never made any sense because Emilia has own backstory & problems that driven story more than anything else. If Rem can only be the heroine because she Subaru's follower than just make her a shallow character, which I'm sure that not intent. However that is the framing and why a sizable amount of people like her.
Jul 13, 2020 5:43 AM
Aug 2018
Jagd84 said:

If re:zero was a show driven purely by waifus then this might matter.

This is because:-

Which gives people the misconception that this show is "waifu-driven" :P
rakp333Jul 13, 2020 5:49 AM
Jul 13, 2020 7:56 AM

Mar 2014
Poor guy can't get a break, just when everything seemed to be coming out fine, now they have to deal with 2 more sins.
Jul 13, 2020 3:10 PM
Feb 2020
rakp333 said:
Jagd84 said:

Honestly:
North25Jul 13, 2020 3:18 PM
Jul 13, 2020 3:27 PM
Aug 2018
North25 said:

Honestly:

True.

Jul 13, 2020 3:31 PM
Feb 2020
rakp333 said:
North25 said:

Honestly:

True.

Jul 13, 2020 3:44 PM
Aug 2018
North25 said:

Yeah. I know.

Jul 13, 2020 4:17 PM
Feb 2020
rakp333 said:
North25 said:

Yeah. I know.

yeah...
Jul 13, 2020 5:36 PM

Nov 2017
This is super off topic but Regulus is so hot omg

I hope he doesn't pull an Elsa and disappear for the rest of the season lol
Jul 13, 2020 8:21 PM

Apr 2012
2 vs 1 NO FAIR!!!

Greed's attacks are probably invisible just like Sloth's.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 13, 2020 8:54 PM
Aug 2018
Janethan23 said:
2 vs 1 NO FAIR!!!

Do you mean Rem & Crusch vs Greed?? Greed is so powerful that he can single-handedly defeat that entire army assembled against the White Whale in Season 1.

Rem and Crusch had no chance of winning against Greed (they won't be able to put even a single scratch on him)

May their memories rest in peace :P
Jul 14, 2020 12:00 AM

Mar 2018
Kyokorin said:

Jul 14, 2020 5:41 AM

Jul 2016
Tanzhu said:

Jul 14, 2020 6:00 AM
Feb 2020
Tanzhu said:
Kyokorin said:

Jul 14, 2020 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
Damn that sucks that my favorite character fell into a coma in the first episode. Hopefully crybaby dies enough times to bring her back before the end of the season.
Jul 14, 2020 7:46 AM

Jul 2016
North25 said:

Jul 14, 2020 8:13 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
QcDiablo said:
North25 said:

EMT

Jul 14, 2020 2:43 PM
Nov 2019
Thank God Rem is out, thanks to her Subaru died like 4-6 times!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jul 14, 2020 2:48 PM
Nov 2019
rakp333 said:
Janethan23 said:
2 vs 1 NO FAIR!!!

Do you mean Rem & Crusch vs Greed?? Greed is so powerful that he can single-handedly defeat that entire army assembled against the White Whale in Season 1.

Rem and Crusch had no chance of winning against Greed (they won't be able to put even a single scratch on him)

May their memories rest in peace :P
Thats so epic! I hope we see more of him in this season!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Jul 14, 2020 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode. I'm ready for the trolls to get salty over him dying and respawning again.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 14, 2020 7:38 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It was a good start! Go Subaru!!
Btw, I love Rem-rin <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2020 10:55 PM
Jun 2020
I did not expect the first episode to be a kick in the feels. Regulus and Ley, amazing character, scary as hell. Emilia's speech helping Subaru to save Rem is so touching almost made me cry. White Fox, you did it again!
Jul 15, 2020 1:22 AM
Aug 2016
You know it's going to be good when you tear up in the first episode, as it immediately picks up where we left off last time.

The despair has already settled in, yet there's a lot more to come.
Jul 15, 2020 8:05 AM

May 2015
Livius2001 said:
The cringe is back, now with more resets!

I like how nobody is questioning Subaru about how he remembers Rem. There's really not much to say about this episode.

2/10

You know you could just like, not watch it?

Jul 15, 2020 8:19 AM

May 2015
swirlydragon said:
Potkaniak said:
IDK why but I found Emilia repulsive this episode, especially as she started hugging Subaru when he was crying for Rem and she had all that talk about saving :/ she felt just so dull and forced and fake. Hopefully she develops more as a character but I can't stand her now as she is. I thought I just had bad memories about her but this episode showed me once again to not like her.

Have you guys seen Director's Cut of first season? Does it paint better picture of characters / Emilia?

This is sad to see. Emilia (unlike Rem) had pure intentions here, she didn't manipulate Subaru (unlike Rem) and was determined to help him. Why didn't you feel disgusted when Subaru wanted to save Emilia and Rem tried to manipulate him by telling him that she loves him? (she even ran away with him in IF route also forsaking her sister). Plus she even manipulated Subaru by emotionally blackmailing him by acting dead so that he accepts him. Furthermore, she even smiled when witch cult members broke Ram's horn because she was jealous of her. And when her memory was erased, SHE NEVER ONCE THOUGHT OF RAM. All she thought about was a guy she met 1 months ago.

Your bias is actually insane man. xD

Jul 15, 2020 3:19 PM

Mar 2009
Great start to the 2nd season. I only just finished the Director's Cut and the Frozen Bond OVA recently. Can't help but wonder why it took so many years for another season. It was wildly popular, after all, and a quality show.

Crusch has become a great character. Didn't like her at first. And the ending to this episode was quite emotional. As it stands, seems like Re:Zero hasn't missed a beat. I'm fully invested in this ride.

Hope we get plenty of Beatrice this season. I love her.
Jul 15, 2020 3:33 PM
Mar 2015
A very emotional start
Jul 15, 2020 5:09 PM
Jan 2018
Why no one ask how Subaru still remember Rem??
Jul 15, 2020 6:15 PM

Mar 2010
rakp333 said:
Jagd84 said:

Pretty much. Its also why I'm quite frankly fed up with Rem brought up all the time in relation to her. Emilia don't need to compete with her to be relevant to the story important to Subaru.
Jul 15, 2020 6:31 PM

Mar 2019
Beatrice..... always being the most interesting character in the entire series...

Emilia? Rem? Ram? mñeh....

#TeamBETTY #TeamBEAKO ベアトリス
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 15, 2020 9:12 PM
Aug 2018
Gabbro200 said:

Everyone is smart enough to figure out that Subaru has some connection to the Witch and Witch Cult (witch miasma or "scent" on him, able to predict witch-cult's movements, able to see "unseen hands", etc). But they also understand that he has his own reasons for not explaining how. Moreover, Subaru having these information is benefitting them also hence they're not prying on this any further (remember ep16, 19, 20 etc when Subaru had a tough time explaining his circumstances to them?)
Jul 16, 2020 9:17 AM
Jan 2017
oke ive been wait thia for few years and im very glad it finally airing...
ahh as ussually subaru has very hard time.. he losing rem and i know how hurt it is.. but ueah its gonna be hard to fight them
Jul 16, 2020 12:59 PM

Aug 2007
Gabbro200 said:

Hey nice question. Maybe is because he is the protagonist. I cant think another answer.
Jul 16, 2020 5:25 PM

Jan 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Your bias is actually insane man. xD

What? No! Just look at how broken hearted I am in the first post of this thread xD

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 16, 2020 9:30 PM

Mar 2019
I'm confused, not sure what happens after the "reset", did anything actually changed? anyway happy to have this back, i hope we see more world building even if the constant dread is entertaining enough.
Jul 17, 2020 12:13 AM

Jan 2019
Livius2001 said:
The cringe is back, now with more resets!

I like how nobody is questioning Subaru about how he remembers Rem. There's really not much to say about this episode.

2/10

probably because he is cursed by Satella and he is immune to witch/archbishops interventions? also the same explanation for the fact that when Satella attacks him the entire time stops but he is still aware and is immune to her time manipulation shenanigans to an extent? or the fact that he was able to saw Petelgeuse's invisible hands? have u considered this as well? No? What a surprise...
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jul 17, 2020 12:21 AM

Jan 2019
KudanMX said:
I'm confused, not sure what happens after the "reset", did anything actually changed? anyway happy to have this back, i hope we see more world building even if the constant dread is entertaining enough.

Nope, nothing changed...his progress was saved too late for him to be able to do something....this death was the most meaningless because he wasn't able to do anything sadly.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jul 17, 2020 9:25 AM
Nov 2013
Fade_ said:
So hard to watch with a straight face. Cringy :(
Script is filled with so much unnecessary lines.
Well... the first season was pretty much the same in large part but for some reason I still ended up rating it at 8 (probably mostly because of the underlying idea). Will see how this goes :D

I know what you mean I was cringing the whole time.
Something just seems off about the whole episode. Its like everyone except Wilhelm is being melodramatic.
Jul 17, 2020 12:45 PM

Aug 2016
Subaru, now you have what you always wish for... but for what price? I was kinda spoiled for years for this part, because season 1 got me so deep I couldn't help. But I don't know what's really coming next and I am excited for that. Shame or luck season 2 going to have at least two parts.

Anyway, Crush losing her memories is both surprising (at least she didn't die) and very convenient for Subaru/Emilia's camp. Now when Crush doesn't know anything but that they have common enemy, she is practicaly out of royal selection till she and Rem gets restored (if so) and all Crushes available resources and manpower is there for Subaru to use. Of course with support or opposition by Felis and Old man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2020 4:21 PM
Jul 2020
tidak sia sia menunggu, semoga bisa sampai S5
Jul 18, 2020 1:50 AM

Oct 2007
Emilia arguing with a loli, she can be childish sometimes. xD

Those two sin archbishops are too powerful..

The safest decision is what Feyris want, dissolve the alliance. I think Wil disagreeing with Feyris is influenced by the fact that he is greatful to Subaru for helping him have revenge on the whale. Crusch still choose the more dangerous path of still having an alliance with Emilia..

glad this show is back, and looking forward to next episode! :)

5/5
Jul 18, 2020 4:18 PM

Feb 2015
These characters just never catch a break, now Regulus and Ley, I forgot how dangerous this world is, Regulus seems a little overpowered. And well, I didn’t got that emotional with Rem, I mean, she’s not really dead and it has been a while since I watched this characters in 2016, so, I’m getting to know them again. I don’t remember if there’s no police or law that follows this guys that are extremely powerful. Good episode, the animation was great. Can someone explain me what happened with the scene of the last season where Subaru arrived at the mansion and he found out Pack like a giant monster out of control?
Atlas77Jul 18, 2020 10:18 PM
Jul 20, 2020 7:41 AM

Mar 2015
Damn Subaru, you sure you don't love Rem?

Two new Archbishops huh, both of them seem very interesting. Looking forward to seeing more of them. Also sounds like both of them are voiced by Ishida Akira? Wonder if there's any deeper meaning between them sharing the same VA.
Jul 20, 2020 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
Mirai said:
Also sounds like both of them are voiced by Ishida Akira?
Batenkaitos is voiced by Kawanishi Kengo.
Jul 20, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2015
mozgow said:
Mirai said:
Also sounds like both of them are voiced by Ishida Akira?
Batenkaitos is voiced by Kawanishi Kengo.

Oh I stand corrected then. The two of them sounded really similar lol
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

680 by usedpsvita »»
Sep 18, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

606 by Ardi8 »»
Sep 8, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

508 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Sep 6, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 15, 2020

429 by aniliker »»
Aug 31, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by HoLoVN1608 »»
Aug 28, 11:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.