Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 4, 2011 10:11 AM

May 2010
Kizaru is overly strong! These Logia type abilities are godlike.. Its scary to think how Luffy would be able to defeat such an opponent. I liked the 3 combination move by Luffy, Zoro, Sanji; showcasing their best moves! But that Kuma on the other hand looks like a android clone.. that's what I'm thinking haha
Aug 3, 2011 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
Ranivus has got a small point though.

From a smart fighter stand point, it would be best to finish off your enemy rather than leaving them alive, disregard them having plot armor or not. If they got introduced in this arc, Oda shouldn't of had them fight with a fucking ADMIRAL and let them live.
Aug 13, 2011 9:54 AM

May 2010
I don't see what was epic fail about Ranvius's point either. This whole show has been "knock guy down, wait patiently for him to get up so he can use his ultimate attack." Kind of stupid when you think about it...
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 24, 2011 10:10 AM

Mar 2008
one piece so sick !
a little too much laserbeam-cyborg-stuff tho : (
Jan 3, 2012 12:07 PM
Jun 2008
Rewatched the ep. What I was wondering, was what Zoro got. It seemed like he got a vision of how the pacifista attack would hit. Hmm interestering.
Feb 2, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2012
aboo cracked me up with his power and bad rapping. imagine him breaking his power out during a really solemn situation.

anyways, kizaru was scary. as in crazy overpowered i-don't-know-how-luffy's-gonna-pull-it-off-this-time scary. plus him and his lips look like shit. terrible combination.

i feel terrible for zoro - i want luffy to find out what he did. in any case i'm just hoping kizaru goes for law/kidd first or luffy learns haki first.
Nov 18, 2012 9:38 AM

Mar 2010
Poor zoro and his trauma.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2012 12:15 AM

Nov 2012
I thought the first bunch of supernovas had kickass powers, but then came Apoo.

And man, that Sentoumaru guy really sounds like Luffy..
Jul 17, 2013 12:34 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode with tons of action. Kizaru... What can I say besides pure badassery. His VA and attitude fit him perfectly. Can't wait to see more of this guy
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jan 29, 2014 6:31 AM

Dec 2012
CorvaX said:
Apoo is a funky one )

hahahahaha true, I liked his tune :P
Kizaru is so damn annoying!(as far as I can tell the same goes for that Sentoumaru guy) I don't care how powerful he is, I really dislike him...
The supernovas' transformations were super cool though!
Poor Zoro :( :( :( I am wondering if the crew will find out the truth about what happened back there...
Sep 21, 2014 11:22 PM

Jan 2014
Kizaru confirmed Badassness.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
Damn this is getting more and more awesome
Jun 12, 2015 5:42 AM

Jun 2015
thinga are getting worse, what'll luffy do now
Jul 30, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Kizaru is a troll
Sep 3, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
New single coming guys.
Otaku Trappin' by Killer B. Produced by Apoo
This shit is gonna be fyahhh
Mar 31, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2013
Wheeee~ Monster Trio attack!!! X) Gotta love the Mugiwara Boyzzzzz <333
Jul 25, 2016 10:12 PM

Mar 2015
Daaaamn that Kizaru is too stronk
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 3:19 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Apoo is really an annoying guy ...

Mar 14, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2014
Wow.
Kizaru is no joke despite looking like he stepped out of Saturday Night Fever lol
He just took out 4 Supernovas completely effortlessly...and here I thought Sanji's kicks were brutal, this guy puts Diable Jambe to shame!!

Also gotta love Apoo and his music making- I was kinda jamming out to it XD

I feel like all the DF powers this arc are so crazy...definitely a taste of things to come!

Given the preview, I'm guessing Battle-axe dude has gone after the Straw Hats and Kizaru has gone for Law and Kid. Tbh, I'm surprised by how weak the SH seem in comparison to the others on the Island...are they really ready for the New World??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2019 9:19 PM

Jun 2016
Incredible episode! Lots of revelations. Kizaru is a light type Logia user. That's why he can use solar flares to blind people, shoot light beams, take bullets through the head, teleport, move at the speed of light, and reform himself. Brutal.. Further, someone we can trust as he's a former Navy officer is Drake and he stated the Pacifista's are Vegapunks attempt at mimicking Kizaru's powers. Franky earlier this episode asked "What is he even doing? Light beams are fantasy, not real", and although I felt the Gaon Canon was the same way, he had a point. These Pacifista's seem to have been given an attempt at recreating Kizaru's amazing power. So far Vegapunk was only able to do it insofar as attacks and not teleportation or any of that, but that paired with the incredible defense they hold make for serious threats... It also seems that Vegapunk has made some seriously scary progress at recreating devil fruit powers...

As some have said two clear counters would be using mirrors to deflect his attacks back at him and for defense but I don't think light hurts light.. so that is more so a defensive tactic than an aggressive one. Blackbeard is another counter but he could technically counter every devil fruit so that's a given. Sea prism stones are things that our cast have practically never used although I dream of the day Zoro infuses his swords and Sanji infuses his shoes with it.

Two interesting things to note are that when the Straw Hats all teamed up against the Pacifista he clenched his face and it looked as though he was in pain. Later Drake turned into a t-rex and chomped their enemy Pacifista's head drawing blood. They seem like they are human in some way. They don't have a personality like Kuma did but they show pain and bleed. Interesting!!!

I really loved Kizaru this episode. Outside of Kid, and Law he was the next best characterized even if I can't get a huge read on him just yet... Honorable mentions to Bonny and Apoo for leaving quite the memorable mark too. It was so awesome to see all these supernova's try their best against Kizaru. Apoo seems quite chaotic, kinda like Law in that both enjoy getting into these crazy situations. He refused to escape until he made Kizaru angry first. We got to see Hawkins take his first active action when he transformed and tried to kill Kizaru which is notable, he probably knew the danger he was in. Drake's t-rex mode couldn't even bite off the Pacifista's head... And Kizaru just was so awesome throughout with his quite learning and his solar flare to 10 individual shots to beat out Hawkins defense. And his teleport and decisive attacks taking out each supernova like they were what people call them, rookies.

I guess Sanji could prepare when attacking the Pacifista this time and that's why he wasn't in pain when he kicked it, unless he's stronger than Bepo and this is weaker defensively than Kuma. Luffy realizing the pain Zoro was in was powerful, Luffy never sees Zoro in this much pain, unable to even stand. I think he's beginning to suspect something seriously wrong occurred while he was knocked out.

Lastly, I normally wish there was more death in One Piece in instances like Eneru showing he is an absolute joke via not killing anyone despite claiming there will be 1 survivor to his game or someone like Pell surviving the explosion in Alabasta. It feels as though it completely makes some cruel and supposedly strong characters feel like jokes and some dramatic moments comical. That said, here I don't think it was a problem. The supernova's all defended themselves very well and stalled for time long enough for Kizaru to have something to do. He was simply beating up these supernova's because he had time to spare and now he has a mission to do. In fact, if Hawkins told him where his ally was in the start this fight may not have even begun.
Aug 4, 2020 7:55 PM

May 2016
As powerful as those rookies were with their really awesome Devil Fruit abilities, they simply couldn't stand a chance facing an Admiral of all people. Kizaru's Light Logia powers are truly horrifying and Hawkins really was lucky to be saved by a snail call.

Zoro still feeling immense pain from his injuries in Thriller Bark continues to sudden me. It's also very troubling that a full-on assault from the Straw Hats' best three offensive fighters wasn't enough to beat that Pacifista.

Sep 15, 2020 4:47 AM

Dec 2007
loved apuu's song, too bad it didn't got him.

there's too much plot armorers in this series...
May 27, 2021 4:25 AM

Jun 2019
Juggling too many problems at once. Too much to handle.
Jul 6, 2021 7:43 PM

Dec 2012
Kizaru is ridiculously OP!

Nov 1, 2021 5:39 PM
May 2021
I love the music guy his ability is so confusing and unique. Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy attacking together is great too :)
Nov 1, 2021 5:40 PM
May 2021
GosuDRM said:
Kizaru is ridiculously OP!
YA! the whole light power (if that is what it is) is ridiculous
Aug 25, 2022 2:09 PM

Apr 2018
I don't really care much about the other Supernovas (other than Captain Kid and Trafalgar Law) tbh... But dang, Kizaru is OP.
Jun 6, 2023 1:18 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhhh Kizaru body everyone 😱

What a Badass character!!
Jun 18, 2023 11:15 AM
Mar 2023
it's my favorite anime
Aug 7, 2023 2:51 AM

Oct 2019
Kizaru is really strong ._.
Nov 2, 2023 3:00 AM

Mar 2017
Kizaru is OP asf.. yet seems a bit slow in the head lol. What’s up with that? Haha

Music guy made me laugh.. what a weird song xD

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji fighting as a team was badass, but that pacifista thing is a force to be reckoned with!
Nov 2, 2023 3:01 AM

Mar 2017
Reply to Mihaitzaa
it's my favorite anime
@Mihaigg20091 me too man xD
Apr 25, 12:28 AM

Dec 2022
a discotheque king like Borsalino never loses to the music
May 16, 9:44 AM

Jun 2017
iam liking the tonal shift in past few episodes.It is not just skill or ability harnessed from the devil fruit,the admirals and Kuma even if he is duplicate is inherently multiple times stronger than the crew.The crew is fighting to its merit but failing remarkably.They must go to the next level to try to compete against the new world powerhouses
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The one piece

Danger_Hunter81 - Today

16 by MUGIWARA_0001 »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

24 by Early_Morning »»
7 hours ago

» Are you playing the new One Piece card game?

aoo-kun - Dec 4, 2022

5 by Early_Morning »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

62 by laura_proficio »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1016 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 7, 2022

85 by fireneon »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.