Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 10, 2013 9:20 PM

Jun 2013
Well, that's a pretty crazy way to start off the episode.

I wonder why Alis the is the only one who can leave though. I might've missed something earlier.
Sep 11, 2013 4:36 AM

Feb 2011
I love this anime xD Every arc is just so interesting !
Sep 11, 2013 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
I'm really loving this show again. I didn't like the school escape arc very much though, it was boring. Now the show is exciting again.
Sep 11, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
UnbornMVs said:
I love this anime xD Every arc is just so interesting !

Agreed. I love a good mystery and this arc is giving us that! Not looked at the other comments much to be honest in case they contain spoilers. Can't wait for next week.
Sep 11, 2013 12:35 PM

Aug 2012
Akanezora said:
Wait, is this the same city of Miranda Lotto, from D.Gray-man? lol

glad I wasn't the only one xD
Sep 12, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
Until Ai appeared I thought I was missing an episode because suddenly there are Alis and Dee behaving very differently from earlier episodes...

I think this episode/arc is easily better than the previous arcs about school prison and then trying to find Scar. That said, the whole artificial world that repeats itself forever just reminds me of

I just hope that the resolution and events leading to it will not be as rushed or abrupt as what we have seen so far - I mean, even the first arc, which is the best told, still skimps way too much from the novel.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 12, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2011
I am really liking this arc. Seems like Dee was the one who made the wish as she fell out of the window (?)... I really like her, so, sorry Alis, but I’m taking her side. :D

Besides, isn’t this great for the people that don’t notice the loops? Instead of being selfish, he should just let them be. Repeating a year without realizing it seems plenty better than living in a world full of dead people.
Sep 12, 2013 9:24 PM

Dec 2011
I knew it, it was Dee which he did say.

I think from the info we know, Dee is the one who wished this other world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2013 5:38 AM

Dec 2012
looking forward to the next episode, :)
Sep 13, 2013 4:09 PM

Apr 2011
I thought I missed an episode at first.

Anybody else think of the Endless Eight Arc?

I was already suspecting that Dee was not an ally.
I think that her personally was also split into two.
It was an interesting episode.
Sep 13, 2013 4:14 PM

Nov 2007
so what happened to that whole plot line of Dee claiming she was nick named whisper and showing her during WW2 and that whispering into that hitler lookalikes ear? kinda like it was forgotten or she was just joking (thought they made it look real)
Sep 13, 2013 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
evil_kenshin said:
so what happened to that whole plot line of Dee claiming she was nick named whisper and showing her during WW2 and that whispering into that hitler lookalikes ear? kinda like it was forgotten or she was just joking (thought they made it look real)

I was thinking about that too. I hope it gets answered.
Sep 15, 2013 1:30 AM

Jun 2012
Wowow so good!!! Why only 12 episodes, I want more development even if it's slow and has lots of talking!

Sep 15, 2013 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
Such an interesting episode, and oh wow Dee is his enemy.
Sep 17, 2013 2:13 AM

Jun 2012
I always love the settings in this series.
Sep 17, 2013 2:36 AM

Nov 2012
new story.. looks interesting..
and..
so.. dee is not a witch afterall? -_-
and alis and dee are a friend after all?
but whats with the end?
what alis mean with enemy :3
Sep 18, 2013 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
So that's why he was so dismissive of the whole birthday thing.

Hmm... I wonder if Dee is the one creating the world.

This could be the best anime of the season. It's a sign of just how close things are that it's still up in the air.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 20, 2013 5:43 AM
Jul 2018

Alis' enemy is Dee? How come?
This is becoming more interesting.
Sep 21, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
The part when Alis shot his classmates was very badass :o

But I wonder why is Dee the enemy.
Sep 21, 2013 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
Aw. I think Dee is the one who wished it.
Sep 22, 2013 3:55 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, so Dee wants to stay there and Alis wants to destroy that world? And I presume that anyone who died in that loop can't go outside in living body but rather as ghost? (that means Dee died also during those 14 years. I guess she is the one who holds this world together).

Anyway, I still don't know how this all relates to the world outside, gravekeepers and other weird things - cause outside world doesn't seem to be fake (people die there normally). And seeing only two episodes are left I think this series provides no explanation to those things whatsoever. It will end in bitter disappointment I guess.
Sep 22, 2013 8:19 AM

Apr 2009
"I get it already."

Wow. So that's the "world" Alis is trying so hard to destroy. An eternally looping world that traps living outsiders in it. Judging from the scenes of their backstory I've seen, it seems to imply that the world was the result of not the class wishing for it, but of Dee being the one who made the wish.

It's pretty clear to me that she's attracted to, if not already in love with Alis; and as such she stood to benefit the most from that situation - assuming that the fall from the window otherwise would have killed her/turned her into undead had she had not made the wish.

Since Alis wants to destroy that eternally looping false world, naturally Dee would oppose him if she really were the one who wished it to exist. Not having read the novels, of course I can still certainly be wrong on these points...
Sep 28, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2012
Another "endless eight" alike plot, I like it anyway.
Sep 30, 2013 4:26 PM

Mar 2012
evil_kenshin said:

Seems like she was just joking.
Oct 5, 2013 10:20 PM

Sep 2008
The whole witch thing was thrown out the window. BADUM TISH

That aside, this looks like it'll be an interesting arc.
Oct 7, 2013 5:50 PM

May 2012
Very interesting episode, lets see what's next!
Oct 11, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Something wrong with Dee!
Oct 23, 2013 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
evil_kenshin said:

I was thinking about that too. I hope it gets answered.

Same here.

Pretty interesting episode. Had a lot of cute Dee and Ai moments :3

And wait, did Alice really lure 35k people there? What the heck, that's fucking cruel :S

I guess Dee is the enemy because she is the one who really wished for this world and maybe what we saw at the end is her dying (maybe it was in the real world before anything else happened) and then she wished for this and that she may not die. And she can't leave the world in a physical form because she already died.
RazielZeroOct 23, 2013 4:34 PM
Oct 24, 2013 6:14 AM

Sep 2011
shioricchi said:
Aw. I think Dee is the one who wished it.

Ya think!? LOL

MoeXtreme said:
Another "endless eight" alike plot, I like it anyway.

Except that it wasn't actually done in eight episodes.
Nov 12, 2013 2:16 PM

Jun 2008
I don't think is certain Dee made that world. Since people are alive in that fake world what happens if you kill them? Probably they die but that world doesn't allow them to be dead. So when they get out of that world they become dead. Dee seems to have tried to fix the curtains or something and end up falling and dieing but she could still be kept alive because of that world. When she went out of it she discovered she couldn't have a body because she died and the only place she can have physical form is that place so that's why she likes that world. Not necessary because she made that world.
Dec 12, 2013 7:49 PM

Feb 2009
35695!?
Oh, c'mon!
Do the math, please!
It's 7 people everyday, for 5110 days (14 years) without stop.
Tricking that many people is just... NONSENSE!

That number can't be true... It must be a mistake. Yes, it's a mistake! A HUGE mistake. Even a few thousands would be an overestimation.
That or Alis was overly dumb to need that many tries to figure out so few things...

Sorry, I couldn't let this one pass.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Dec 24, 2013 12:55 AM

Mar 2012
Yes! an interesting arc that has my interest peaked, can't wait to see what happens next!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 24, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
Aw.. Yuri & Scar is lovey-dovey couple xD
So, Dee is the one who wished for that closed space? Or not?

Hmm.. Still too many mysteries in this arc
Next ep.. it's not the arc conclusion.. right?
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2013 6:09 AM
May 2012
scyrp said:
I completely agree with you Acxelion, that is a great way of explaining it. I haven't read the novels or anything and I have a similar idea. If someone who has read the novels can confirm my idea that would be great.

Dee is actually dead. She was brought back by the wish of the students in the world, as in she died before the world was abandoned by God. The students of Class 3-4 probably made a generic collective wish for things to be as they were, and in that scenario Dee was still alive and a member of their class. This would also be a reason as to why Dee is Alis' enemy. If Alis destroys the space world then Dee cannot exist elsewhere. I think the only reason she can even be a ghost in the real world is because she has an existance within the space-world.
I do agree that she probably loves Alis, and I think that Alis loved her back because of the window flashback from the previous episode and the hint that Dee died by falling through a window.

Regardless this was an awesome episode, Alis has a pretty violent streak to him, and even though he is physically 16, he is mentally 29?! Does this dash the hopes of all the AixAlis shippers out there?

I agree with both of you, that's what I think too.

Well, let's see if it's correct.

The start of the episode was intense!!!!!
Jan 1, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
wow I really love the mechanics of this anime universe
so this is like a world within a world stuck in an infinite loop that was created by the wishes of someone or a group of people
this also makes sense why Alis thinks birthday celebrations are mundane because he is stuck in time
It seems there won't be a conclusion to this anime.......
I guess i'll have to be content with a series of short stories >.>
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Jul 3, 2014 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the way the episode started, loved how it ended (and loved as it progressed). I was afraid I wasn't going to understand those kinda flash-backs parts but the anime ended up explained them so it was ok XD.
Awesome episode anyway
Sep 5, 2014 1:45 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, that's a way to start an episode.

"Rather than relying on outside interference, can you influence the world by going directly after the students of Class 3-4?" "I gave it a shot." I see what you did there Alis.

So from what I can gather Dee died in an accident cleaning the classroom and the class wished to reset the world to before she died. Since she died, she is the only one that remembers and has to exist as a spirit in the outside world. But then in the preview Dee said "I'm alreadyt covered in Alis' blood" So either Dee or Alis died and if they fix that world then one of them is going to die. Great episode!
Nov 10, 2014 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
I'm a little confused. If the loop's 14 years in the past and Alis realized it after two loops or two years does that meant he spent 12 loops/12 years after trying to figure out how to get out?
Dec 15, 2014 11:37 PM
Nov 2013
Best episode so far in terms of pace. Finally able to get more details about the plot and not rush through everything.
Dec 28, 2014 6:28 AM

Nov 2012
YURI X SCAR FOREVER :3
Jan 3, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2013
Alis just freakin' shot everyone in his class. But he did it to prove a point.
So in this world that was wished by Class 3-4, Dee is Alis' enemy.
I guess Dee would be pretty mad since Alis did bring 35,695 people in.

By the way, other people are making some good theories. Hopefully they are theories and not spoilers.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 26, 2015 5:13 AM

Feb 2015
Things are taking a weird turn! Interesting episode but a bit slow...

& I have started to ship Ai x Alis, even though Alis is technically much older... (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
May 3, 2016 9:41 AM
Mar 2014
in all honesty, this seems like straight out of hakomari
May 31, 2016 7:18 AM

May 2016
The first scene with alice killing his classmates was quite intense. The whole story revolving around the time loop came all of a sudden out of nowhere but that doesn't mean i didn't found it interesting so far.
Jun 15, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
The first scene with alice killing his classmates was quite intense. The whole story revolving around the time loop came all of a sudden out of nowhere but that doesn't mean i didn't found it interesting so far.
Feb 26, 2017 8:29 AM

Aug 2016
veeeerrrryyyy interesting!!!!!!
May 28, 2021 6:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they're stuck in a world that it resets every year... since 14 years, Alis is way older than I thought, and Dee is actually the enemy? wow
Nov 6, 2023 6:31 AM

Oct 2022
Damn that's really sad about Dee...
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Dec 2022
So this is essentially a separate dimension stuck in a temporal loop. What a boring departure from the initial themes of life, death, decay, rebirth and eternal rest that will likely never be addressed again now that this anime is fixated on Alice's pretentious brooding. The "Half-Dead Syndrome" that was mentioned only once had far more potential for tragedy and disquiet than this arc will ever have, despite it ultimately never being substantiated.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.