Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 12, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
thank god ponzu didn't die. it would have been a waste. I just wish gon can somehow save ponzu. that would be awesome
May 12, 2013 8:24 AM

Jul 2012
This arc is seriously boooooooooooooring.
May 12, 2013 8:25 AM

Dec 2011
Wee! More Ponzu!!! And nice to see Pokkle's arrow!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2013 8:26 AM
Sep 2012
Ponkle Shipping... or horsing :)
May 12, 2013 8:54 AM
Oct 2011
It's the longest arc in the series and it should have another 50 episodes, so these slow episodes are necessary to build-up the ants properly, and Madhouse are doing a good job so far.

I remember being one of those who said "WTF is this shit" when I started reading the manga, whether it's the art or the ants, but things got better and better. Only the beginning is slow and boring, but things should start picking up soon.
Candor123May 12, 2013 8:57 AM
May 12, 2013 9:58 AM
Apr 2013
AnimaRO64 said:
I must know, does Ponzu's group end up dieing. . .

Nope.

May 12, 2013 10:30 AM

Feb 2008
I think they're adding a little to much filler. Sure it helps to develop the character of the Squad Leaders and the Ants in general, but I'm finding it to be a bit excessive.
May 12, 2013 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
That was a lot of mediocre filler....
Can't wait for next episode one of my favorites scenes will get animated.
May 12, 2013 10:57 AM

Feb 2013
xieghart said:
fearthebeard85 said:
Filler, filler, filler and more filler.....

So what do you expect to see?

I expect at least a chapter per episode
May 12, 2013 11:28 AM

May 2012
More scenes with the Pimp Koala please. Seriously loving this arc right now. Glad Madhouse is expanding and filling in things the manga seemed to have left out. It seemed like with the constant hiatus the story felt disjointed sometimes. So the filler is giving the arc more of a completed feel and increasing the scope of the arc. This episode showed the effect of giving Ants names which in turn increases their individuality. Making them even more scary because they're kind of doing their own thing now.

Again sense I didn't read the ant arc in full just here and there I had no idea the fight between the ants and the ruler wasn't in there.
May 12, 2013 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
Candor said:
It's the longest arc in the series and it should have another 50 episodes, so these slow episodes are necessary to build-up the ants properly, and Madhouse are doing a good job so far..

I can agree with this, the build up is fine if they pick up the pace eventually. They can't continue this pace forever. I don't mind it for now, I just felt this was the first episode where the build up scenes were meh.
May 12, 2013 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
Candor said:
It's the longest arc in the series and it should have another 50 episodes, so these slow episodes are necessary to build-up the ants properly, and Madhouse are doing a good job so far..

I can agree with this, the build up is fine if they pick up the pace eventually. They can't continue this pace forever. I don't mind it for now, I just felt this was the first episode where the build up scenes were meh.

Well I seriously don't think they will keep this pace much longer and I have a feeling the pace will go faster next episode. I am sure Madhouse is doing filler because they find it necessary as build up. Not that I dislike the pace so far. Every episode always has something interesting going on. Well to me that is.
May 12, 2013 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Still going a little bit slow, in my opinion. Madhouse is really taking their time with this arc, cuz shit's gonna get crazy afterwards.

It's the calm before the storm. Something is brewing in the background.
Lol. But it's already so obvious with Kite always giving us his grim looks.
I'm also taking up my time, just going with the flow. Starting episode 80, I'm pretty certain things will become rough.
May 12, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
xieghart said:
iLostReason said:
I was hoping for no fillers (at least for now) to be honest :/ but well it wasnt bad.It was actually pretty good, its just that i prefer to see original material.I mean who dont.
Anyways, Koalaman seems to be first Chimera that i actually like.

How are these fillers? This episode introduces Meleoron (one of the most important Chimera Ant in the arc) and Gon & friends entered NGL for the first time. This is a buildup episode, certainly containing IMPORTANT part of the arc.

I wasnt saying that whole episode, or even most of it was filler.I guess i should have write ''filler adds'' (which were there for sure, check manga if you still insist) so everyone understands what i meant?, meh.

ovoon7 said:
Also, the people calling this filler clearly don't know what filler is. Filler is when a series wastes an episode doing nothing for the sake of buying the manga time to catch up.

You can call a filler anything that wasnt originally in manga and was added to anime.Even if it's an build up that is actually necessary and good, i can still call it a filler if it wasnt in manga.
incompleteAEGISMay 12, 2013 12:31 PM
May 12, 2013 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
zoleth said:
I love that not everyone is complaining about how the episode was "slow". Most who are complaining are those who have read the manga and already know the story - thus, they want to get to "juicy" parts. Others just want non-stop action.

My thought exactly (and I read the manga).
In the manga, the pace was really chaotic, and we had plenty of "juicy" stuff. In a way, I can understand why the manga readers are complaining about the "filler" things (the large amount of surprises in one chapter was pretty shocking), but I don't think the direction of the adaptation is bad overall.
It makes more sense than the arc in the manga.
May 12, 2013 1:57 PM
Dec 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
ovoon7 said:

The definition of filler as it applies to anime:

A segment of anime, whether it be an entire episode or part of one, which does not appear in the manga of the title. Fillers, as the name implies, "fills" an episode with non-canonical material which has been written usually by the same company which animates it.

This definition is completely debatable. I agree with ovoon7 in that an adaptation may add particular scenes or what have you in order to develop a character, etc, whereas 'filler' applies more to a completely useless episode.
May 12, 2013 2:12 PM
Sep 2012
May 12, 2013 2:20 PM

Nov 2012
Billbillstar said:
fearthebeard85 said:
ovoon7 said:

A segment of anime, whether it be an entire episode or part of one, which does not appear in the manga of the title. Fillers, as the name implies, "fills" an episode with non-canonical material which has been written usually by the same company which animates it.

This definition is completely debatable. I agree with ovoon7 in that an adaptation may add particular scenes or what have you in order to develop a character, etc, whereas 'filler' applies more to a completely useless episode.
Fillers don't develop characters they destroy characters, also most of the ants in that have appeared become completely irrelevant later maybe in a few episodes, and Gyro isn't even mentioned until way later in the arc and it was never stated that his men resisted againts the ants also, so idk why madhouse decides to have him appear and his men.
RX-782May 12, 2013 2:23 PM
May 12, 2013 2:32 PM
May 2013
Awesome episode. After reading the manga I felt that there were a few parts in this arc that were rushed a little bit. This episode just made the story telling so much better.

Also, why has everybody failed to mention the weird water coming out of Koalaman's victims' heads? Was that just a case of ridiculous censorship or does it have to do with Koalaman himself? (Because later in the episode you see piles of bloodied bodies lying everywhere).

Overall. Great episode and can't wait for things to get very brutal and rather somber.
May 12, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2013
Pokkle got really strong, didn't he?
Anyway, i liked the episode, nothing really important happened, but, we saw Pokkle in action, and that the ants are getting too unique, that seems to be a problem...
May 12, 2013 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
HxH's creator has some wacky imagination with the character designs
May 12, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
NGL and their strict rules on no technology and many other things. Won't this backfire on them with all the Chimera Ants killing the people?

Great buildup for future events. The Chimera Ants are all going at each other with power/positions. They seem to have a different take on things. I wonder if some of them will fight each other?

Glad to see Pokkle in action. Getting this feeling he will die along with Ponzu and those two guys. Whoa that Koala Mafia is killing people left and right. While that Minotaur/Snake Chimera is going after NGL ruler.
May 12, 2013 4:02 PM
Apr 2013
Billbillstar said:
fearthebeard85 said:
ovoon7 said:

Okay... here is where I think we have the disconnect:

A "filler episode" is what you are speaking of. If anyone doesn't know what these are... see Naruto. "Filler episodes" are episodes of an anime that use no actually source material to support the episode, but rather just the characters and situational ideas presented by the source. These are often what gives "filler" a bad name and are what you are speaking off.

These can be, however, episodes that use a large portion of source material and original material to the anime. That original material in the individual episodes can be referred to as "filler" as well. The key is understanding that just because an episode has some filler does not mean it is a "filler episode".

Madhouse, in regards to to this arc in the 2011 adaption of HxH is giving us the latter. Episodes that have a strong base in the source material that are supported by "filler" which, if I am guessing correctly, the studio believes is necessary or at least helpful to tell the story well in the TV anime medium that they are using.

In contrast, if you look at the first 10 episodes of the 1999 anime adaption of HxH you will find a few episodes that are "filler episodes" - with no basis in the source material other than using characters and ideas from it.

So... it is fine to declare that these last few episodes contained "filler" because it is true. I would argue, though, that it would be unfair to deem them "filler episodes." Thus, we are all correct. :D
May 12, 2013 4:18 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was really good, Madhouse can deliver some good filler. I'm glad they expand a bit on the koala, I like the dude.
May 12, 2013 4:22 PM

Mar 2013
so who is going to beat the Koala ? I need some spoils
May 12, 2013 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
lightline said:
so who is going to beat the Koala ? I need some spoils

May 12, 2013 7:43 PM

Oct 2007
MonteGabar said:
But I expected them to be done with

About the ending...

I also expected to be done with such by now. I've been thinking we should be farther for at least two episodes, but maybe that's because the ending (and the opening are/) is a little overzealous.

/vague, hopefully non-spoilerific responses
May 12, 2013 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
Good build-up episode. Personally, I like that the series has now taken a slower pacing. Looks like shit will hit the fan next episode (for the first time in this arc). That was one creepy koala, I think the seiyuu nailed him.
Just one little head scratcher related to future episodes...
May 12, 2013 11:40 PM
Dec 2012
zoleth said:

So... it is fine to declare that these last few episodes contained "filler" because it is true. I would argue, though, that it would be unfair to deem them "filler episodes." Thus, we are all correct. :D

Graceful post.

You - we - win!
May 12, 2013 11:58 PM

Jul 2007
iLostReason said:
xieghart said:
iLostReason said:
I was hoping for no fillers (at least for now) to be honest :/ but well it wasnt bad.It was actually pretty good, its just that i prefer to see original material.I mean who dont.

How are these fillers? This episode introduces Meleoron (one of the most important Chimera Ant in the arc) and Gon & friends entered NGL for the first time. This is a buildup episode, certainly containing IMPORTANT part of the arc.

I wasnt saying that whole episode, or even most of it was filler.I guess i should have write ''filler adds'' (which were there for sure, check manga if you still insist) so everyone understands what i meant?, meh.

ovoon7 said:
Also, the people calling this filler clearly don't know what filler is. Filler is when a series wastes an episode doing nothing for the sake of buying the manga time to catch up.

You can call a filler anything that wasnt originally in manga and was added to anime.Even if it's an build up that is actually necessary and good, i can still call it a filler if it wasnt in manga.

Ok... the debate bout what is filler and what isn't aside. My personal opinion i rather enjoy a some what slower pace, for this amazing arc, i mean would you rather it turn it onto something like Magi from A1 studio's. Something stretched out just a little bit gives them time to really tell the full story, even if their is a few extra added scenes. I mean it sure beats the HELL out of having an arc completely condensed and missing many character developments and plot threads. It is the true way anime should be adapted.

May 13, 2013 1:05 AM
May 2013
kchorrex2012 said:

Not really a spoiler since it was already adapted in the first arcs of the anime, but since it's made of nen and not physical it wasn't shown, here and even then.

Does that white brain fluid instead of blood after a headhot count as censorship? (and blood stains looking like watercolor) I sure hope it doesn't stick around.
It sure makes the violence worse instead of toning it down (much like the Fire Emblem 3DS censorship fail).
MonteGabarMay 13, 2013 1:09 AM
May 13, 2013 3:47 AM
Jun 2009
I haven't read the manga, but Is it just me or is this whole Chimera Ant arc kinda weak?
May 13, 2013 3:48 AM

Jun 2009
domokun1134 said:
I haven't read the manga, but Is it just me or is this whole Chimera Ant arc kinda weak?

Well, it seems to be well documented that this arc has a "weak" start. That said, I've been enjoying it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2013 3:51 AM

Nov 2012
MonteGabar said:
kchorrex2012 said:

Not really a spoiler since it was already adapted in the first arcs of the anime, but since it's made of nen and not physical it wasn't shown, here and even then.

Does that white brain fluid instead of blood after a headhot count as censorship? (and blood stains looking like watercolor) I sure hope it doesn't stick around.
It sure makes the violence worse instead of toning it down (much like the Fire Emblem 3DS censorship fail).

Ow, so that was it. Thanks for the info :)
Yeah, I was also weirded out by that white goo, but since I read this part of the arc about... 4-5 years ago? I assumed it was a forgotten detail from the manga.
May 13, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
Really... cynical censorship assumptions still? We're not in the Hunter Exam anymore people

It's the fluid the Pink Koala Bear was drinking from his jug if you were paying attention. He shoots it into his victims heads to the point of it bursting depending on how much he drinks. I don't know how some people are watching the show but blood is pretty identifiable as blood as seen from Yunju's rampage
HybridMBLMay 13, 2013 5:55 AM
May 13, 2013 6:11 AM

Jul 2010
ArtemisX said:
iLostReason said:
xieghart said:
iLostReason said:

ovoon7 said:

Ok... the debate bout what is filler and what isn't aside. My personal opinion i rather enjoy a some what slower pace, for this amazing arc, i mean would you rather it turn it onto something like Magi from A1 studio's. Something stretched out just a little bit gives them time to really tell the full story, even if their is a few extra added scenes. I mean it sure beats the HELL out of having an arc completely condensed and missing many character developments and plot threads. It is the true way anime should be adapted.

Yeah, well im not really complaining about pace, because as you, i prefer slower pace with more time to get used to characters, get into story etc. What i was talking about were filler adds, which are kinda risky to add.Mixing them with real material could make some plot holes, or make characters look not as good, or as bad as they are originally.I saw some anime that made this ''mistake'' many times, they added some small extra scenes to stretch out episodes, and they actually ruined some important points in story or characters.Of course im not saying that this is the case in HxH because the extra scenes in here dont ruin anything, and they add some nice feeling to it.I guess im just worried they will add too much of it in future? i don't really know, but well for now im happy with it.As i said it was imo pretty good ^^ some of scenes didnt even feel like extra scenes at all.
May 13, 2013 7:17 AM
Feb 2013
domokun1134 said:

The beginning? Yes.

As a whole? Far from it. The last few fights and scene is just as intense as Kurapika against Uvogin and dodgeball. I hope Madhouse would stay faithful to the manga canon and make you and some others who dislike what have seen thus far regret thinking the arc is weak.
May 13, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2012
MonteGabar said:
kchorrex2012 said:

So brain fluid coming out is censorship? And you do know that's what blood looks like right. Seriously are people still worried about censorship?
May 13, 2013 7:57 AM

Feb 2013
the Koala shoots water bullets from his mouth so
bleachjoj said:
MonteGabar said:
kchorrex2012 said:

Does that white brain fluid instead of blood after a headshot count as censorship? (and blood stains looking like watercolor) I sure hope it doesn't stick around.

So brain fluid coming out is censorship? And you do know that's what blood looks like right. Seriously are people still worried about censorship?

Wasn't that the water that Koalaman shot out leaking from his head? Besides that scene was filler anyway, It can't have been censored if wasn't in the manga.

But censorship will probably be an issue, perhaps even a major one, as of next week I think
May 13, 2013 10:21 AM

Oct 2011
Another filler episode... Not as good as the previous ones, but enjoyable regardless.

May 13, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
Ponzu did an ace job acting in this ep. :P
It gave me that real sinister feeling.

EDIT: And I never really cared about that Koala guy.

But Madhouse has given him attitude. Definitely worthy.
May 13, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
I wonder if they'll censor this

ANIME WATCHERS DON'TCLICK ON SPOILER.

May 13, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
Dashiawia said:
Another filler episode... Not as good as the previous ones, but enjoyable regardless.

This wasn't a filler episode
May 13, 2013 2:11 PM
May 2013
Hey guys,

Ever considered that perhaps Togashi is adding all this material to be more thorough with the Arc than in the Manga.

If my memory serves me right, Togashi was publishing horrendously drawn chapters and must have rushed through a lot of details.

So maybe the Anime version isn't full of fillers but instead is how the manga should have been if Togashi weren't ill at that period of time.

However, SPOILERS BELOW DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE AN ANIME ONLY VIEWER.

We should have seen HAGYA/LEOL arguing with KURUTO and the Gator about killing humans. Only the Gator was there. And HAGYA/LEOL is yet to be seen in the Anime. Although he appears in the opening.

And most importantly, what the hell ? JAIRO, the king of NGL is seen in the chair at the end of the episode ??? How is he still alive when MELEORON (who has been proven to be his reincarnation) has already been seen ! That my friends, is a major plothole.
May 13, 2013 2:15 PM

Jun 2012
Gyro is not/never was Meleoron in either the anime or the manga
May 13, 2013 2:22 PM

Feb 2012
Bigorno said:

And most importantly, what the hell ? JAIRO, the king of NGL is seen in the chair at the end of the episode ??? How is he still alive when MELEORON (who has been proven to be his reincarnation) has already been seen ! That my friends, is a major plothole.

Before you made the plothole accusation, please fact check with the manga first by re-reading perhaps?
Jairo (Gyro) is not Meleoron reincarnated in the manga. Never was, never will be.
May 13, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2012
It's not filler entirely, seems like they slow down the pace a bit though. I kinda forgot about the NGL's leader and the koala, have to re-read the manga again I guess..
Claude_KennyMay 13, 2013 3:07 PM
Keep moving forward
May 13, 2013 3:10 PM
May 2013
kcaco said:
Bigorno said:

Before you made the plothole accusation, please fact check with the manga first by re-reading perhaps?
Jairo (Gyro) is not Meleoron reincarnated in the manga. Never was, never will be.

Hey,

I read it several times and re-read it just befoe the Arc started in the Anime. When Meleoron introduces himself to Gon he says "I'm Jair.... err, no, Meleoron"
May 13, 2013 3:25 PM

Jun 2012
Bigorno said:

I read it several times and re-read it just befoe the Arc started in the Anime. When Meleoron introduces himself to Gon he says "I'm Jair.... err, no, Meleoron"

No you're wrong flat and simple

I don't know where you're reading whether its scans or whatever but he says Jail in official translations. Hell even the wiki which the people who contribute/manage it don't like to troll people has Meleoron's human name as Jail

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Meleoron
May 13, 2013 3:33 PM
May 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Bigorno said:

No you're wrong flat and simple

I don't know where you're reading whether its scans or whatever but he says Jail in official translations. Hell even the wiki which the people who contribute/manage it don't like to troll people has Meleoron's human name as Jail

http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Meleoron

First of all, I have no idea why people on every board, wether it is anime or any other topic, need to be agressive.

Chill man, anyone can be wrong at any point, there's no need to get mad. I'm just discussing.

I have one question about your Jail/Jair... explanation.

Let's talk common sense. Have you ever met anyone or ever heard of anyone, ONCE, misintroducing themselves ?

Let's I'm Peter. Why in the blue hell would I say "Hi I'm Jack, err no Peter"

Who does that ??? If Togashi put that blunder then it must mean something, I'm sorry but it doesn't make any sense to say the wrong name when introducing one's self. That just doesn't happen. Flat and simple.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veradux - Nov 10, 2012

87 by BloodytrackerPT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2014

337 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

267 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 6:14 PM

» author of hunter x hunter reveals ending if he dies early

deg - Nov 20, 2023

25 by Feitan_exe »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 143 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2014

154 by dspr »»
Jun 23, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.