Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 24, 2013 9:21 PM
Feb 2013
Being in the presence of dualium, and being in a situation where their idol spirit is raised to extreme levels (a concert including combat being the ideal such situation) seem to be all that's really required. Mii-chan was absolutely convinced the girls were about the disappear just as they were finishing their song in episode 13, and the sudden beams of light that started shining down just then (surprising everyone, including Tsubasa, so they weren't part of the concert special effects) seemed to support that.

I stand by it. They very nearly lost the entire group of trainees right there.
Feb 25, 2013 9:29 AM

May 2012
An amazing episode!
And now it seems those three whom everyone really wanted to become successors now have a chance!

I can't help but feel this 'alone' concept is sorta off. I realize that being Center means having a position that everyone else wants, but Center should also be a position that others can attain to and admire the current Center. Much like what Yuuko felt for Acchan. She wasn't afraid of her, she admired her and wanted to attain what she had.

I'm almost wondering if the whole 'being alone' is some sort of misconception that started all of this?

Madcat6204 said:
Being in the presence of dualium, and being in a situation where their idol spirit is raised to extreme levels (a concert including combat being the ideal such situation) seem to be all that's really required. Mii-chan was absolutely convinced the girls were about the disappear just as they were finishing their song in episode 13, and the sudden beams of light that started shining down just then (surprising everyone, including Tsubasa, so they weren't part of the concert special effects) seemed to support that.

I stand by it. They very nearly lost the entire group of trainees right there.

I don't think the light itself is what makes them disappear. I feel like it has to do with the feelings involved with being the only one in center. The feeling of wanting to take it on all yourself.

In other news, it was nice to see Mariko's flirting with Kanata ;)
Feb 25, 2013 9:56 AM
Jul 2009
vampko said:
I'm almost wondering if the whole 'being alone' is some sort of misconception that started all of this?

When real life Acchan was made center, she was really scared, because being in that position means you're at the forefront on the stage. You can't see the other girls, who are all behind you, all you can see is the audience. I think "being alone" symbolizes that feeling, the feeling of being just you before the audience on stage. That kinda feeling gives the position the melancholic mystic it has even in real life.

Kawamori's obviously going deeper with the metaphor but the idea that there's an inherent 'loneliness' to the center position comes from this.
Feb 25, 2013 10:31 AM
Mar 2012
^
Adding to what you said, the loneliness also mean being hate
"Why are you standing at the front? What about my favorite members?" "What do you have make you better than her, to make you deserve standing at the front?"

The center is the image girl, the one that people associate with the group and is the one gaining fans the most as well as gaining the most haters. Antis who hate akb will be likely to bash the center because she stand at the front and "represent" the group.
I remember in the 1st(?) election, antis chanted Acchan's name when they were calling 2nd place because they didn't want her to win 1st.
It's the loneliness of standing in the front and not bending to the pressures of the job and being hate :/
In the 2011 election, Acchan said "I lived everyday with a loneliness. Even if you hate me, please don't hate AKB!!"
akbfanFeb 25, 2013 12:54 PM
Feb 25, 2013 10:41 AM
Jul 2009
^ All this makes me think that what the group in the anime needs now is a double center so that it isn't just one girl bearing all the burden. That'd take the 'loneliness' out of the position and I think that's the key to open the gate without disappearing.
Feb 25, 2013 12:24 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode ^^

I hope theirs going to be a season 3

Feb 25, 2013 12:49 PM

May 2012
1idd0kun said:
^ All this makes me think that what the group in the anime needs now is a double center so that it isn't just one girl bearing all the burden. That'd take the 'loneliness' out of the position and I think that's the key to open the gate without disappearing.

yeah, a Double Center has been talked about a lot. And of course, there have been TONS of nods towards it throughout this entire show.
Feb 25, 2013 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
1idd0kun said:

Yeah for sure. AKB has done double center before so it's not an unusual thing. Acchan x Yuko for Kaze wa Fuiteiru. Acchan x Mayuyu for Manatsu no Sounds Good, Yuko x Jurina for UZA. They've been hinted for ages it's going to be Nagisa x Chieri, the whole joke on Nagisa no Cherry song lmao~

I prefer the double center concept than one solo center anyway. Beside that it take a whole lot pressure off the girl but also it's cooler to see a group with 2 top members ie SKE's Jurina and Rena, NMB's Sayanee and Milky. Their differences in images and skills balance each other out.

Nagisa is clumsy but she's ambitious and hardworker with a girl next door feel, combine with Chieri's natural charm and skills work well together :3
Feb 25, 2013 3:20 PM
Feb 2011
akbfan said:
Yeah for sure. AKB has done double center before so it's not an unusual thing. Acchan x Yuko for Kaze wa Fuiteiru. Acchan x Mayuyu for Manatsu no Sounds Good, Yuko x Jurina for UZA. They've been hinted for ages it's going to be Nagisa x Chieri, the whole joke on Nagisa no Cherry song lmao~

Don't forget their latest single So Long ! have a center-trio. Even though Mayuyu is the 'official center' for So Long ! but the way I see it and some of the fans did as well, it's a triple center: Mayuyu-Jurina-Paruru but hell this has nothing to do with the anime. Just worth mentioning. Who's gonna be the 3rd center then? Kanata? *chuckles* Nagisa x Chieri double center is good enough. Any more than that I swear I'll hate Kawamori for life.
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Feb 25, 2013 3:25 PM

May 2012
ruffster25 said:
akbfan said:

Don't forget their latest single So Long ! have a center-trio. Even though Mayuyu is the 'official center' for So Long ! but the way I see it and some of the fans did as well, it's a triple center: Mayuyu-Jurina-Paruru but hell this has nothing to do with the anime. Just worth mentioning. Who's gonna be the 3rd center then? Kanata? *chuckles* Nagisa x Chieri double center is good enough. Any more than that I swear I'll hate Kawamori for life.

Love Live one-upped that and pulled off a 7 center :)

But yeah, Double Center has been hinted like crazy throughout it.

I wasn't saying that loneliness wouldn't result from being a center, I was saying that thinking "I have to take this all on myself" is what's causing this disappearance phenomenon. At least that's what I'm thinking. The moment Yuuko decided that she was gonna go at it alone, was the moment she did her little center nova thing.
Feb 25, 2013 5:31 PM
Mar 2012
vampko said:

LOL that's not a "center" tho. There're 7 people in that group....XD
Center usually focus on certain girls because their image help increase the feel of the song ie Yuko x Jurina for UZA because they're both good dancers and can pull off goth/cool image well.
Beside Love Live only have 1 "real center," not 7. It's the main girl, Honoka. The rest aren't centers.

ruffster25 said:

Just worth mentioning. Who's gonna be the 3rd center then? Kanata? *chuckles* Nagisa x Chieri double center is good enough. Any more than that I swear I'll hate Kawamori for life.

I thought Kanata would play the role of captain, like Takamina but she won't be a center girl. It's rare for a captain to be a center in the 48 beside Sayanee, but she's so awesome she jacked all 3 ace, center, and captain spot in NMB <3

I'm expecting Kanata to start filling that leadership role next when the girls are devastated by Yuko's disappearance~
She have to be as good a leader as Takamina if she want to succeed her~ ^O^/
Feb 25, 2013 9:18 PM

May 2012
akbfan said:
vampko said:

LOL that's not a "center" tho. There're 7 people in that group....XD
Center usually focus on certain girls because their image help increase the feel of the song ie Yuko x Jurina for UZA because they're both good dancers and can pull off goth/cool image well.
Beside Love Live only have 1 "real center," not 7. It's the main girl, Honoka. The rest aren't centers.

Honoka is normally the center, but for that one song they didn't really have a center, and I was just playing around xD

I really hope Kanata steps up! Takamina fans will probably not like what I have to say next but, Kanata's SUCH a better character!

I do like Takamina, but Kanata's really been awesome from the start~
Feb 26, 2013 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
Feb 26, 2013 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
wishkas said:
stage 22 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNh7gEDnyJw
Blue betrayal?? What does "blue" mean, I wonder?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 26, 2013 6:02 AM

Apr 2011
So who will betray who?? I can't wait for it!
Feb 26, 2013 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Magito said:
So who will betray who?? I can't wait for it!

Perharps they are talking about miichan as a spy for zoodiac
sigh..
Feb 26, 2013 12:20 PM
Mar 2012
Chieri said: "I have to put an end to this with my own hands"

Look like she's going after papa~
Waiting for the shocker that he's a closet Acchan fan and is trying to bring her back too :P

vampko said:

I really hope Kanata steps up! Takamina fans will probably not like what I have to say next but, Kanata's SUCH a better character!

I do like Takamina, but Kanata's really been awesome from the start~

Takamina in the show isn't really..that great. So yeah Kanata is better
But real life midget leader>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone

That's fine because you can be a Team K fan but still have kami oshi in the other teams lol ^w^
Lol Papa Chieri's poses look so awkward during the show tho
v
akbfanFeb 26, 2013 7:16 PM
Feb 26, 2013 5:36 PM
Feb 2011
^I don't think so. Apparently he's a Team K fan

I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Feb 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
One thing I like Mariko is, despite being successor she still hangs with the understudies.

And also, Chieri in glasses, so moe! <3
Feb 27, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2012
daf*q is that about making the center nova phenomenon????? damn that old man... yuuko disappeared, and then? will it be revealed the secret of this strange phenomenon?!?!?! lololol
Feb 28, 2013 12:49 AM

May 2012
Yuuko... is possibly dead, possibly not, we shall not know. Anyway, great episode, really building up conflict in this season. I like it.
Feb 28, 2013 12:47 PM

Nov 2007
ASDFGHJKL HOLY CRAP That was intense 80 Yuuko bby no. No. Next episode cannot come fast enough.

P.S. Chieri's dad is such a creeper. He needs to stop -_-

Feb 28, 2013 10:40 PM
Mar 2012

Stage 22 preview:

Blue Betrayal

The news of the Akibastar raid by DES reaches all the way to Rankastar. Mamoru is worried. At the same time, Nagisa’s dad is ordered to move to a department that has nothing to do with entertainment. The notice is sent by the Zodiac HQ. What is the goal behind that?

Meanwhile, Chieri’s dad receives a report about Ooshima Yuuko the 9th who wakes up as a Center Nova. While he listens to it with a cold expression, he thinks about his daughter’s potential.
Mar 2, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2011
Holy shit... that was epic. Wow Yuuko.
Mar 5, 2013 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
Holy crap...epic as can be! She did it, Yuuko really did it. Tense build up, the conditions for activating Centre Nova were pretty similar to each other but the concert made up for that. Amazing songs.
Mar 9, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2009
Eh? I'm kinda disappointed especially with Yuuka :/
I don't like it..
Mar 14, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2007
O.o amazing episode. Too interesting and awesome. Now, to watch the next, I want to know what happen with Yuuko
Apr 8, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
My, this was an intense episode.
Especially at the end... Yuuuuukooo...
Feb 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

That battle was intense! Gosh I love this anime! Yuuko-nova!

Edit 2014-05-25, 3rd time watching.
Love that space battle. I want some more of that!
BurntJellyMay 25, 2014 7:42 AM
Sep 9, 2015 4:57 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was impressive! Just everything from start to finish! I really wonder what happened to Yuko-San, let's see what's next.
Jul 3, 2019 9:53 PM

Nov 2013
I hope Yuuko is dead, she is so fucking annoying.
Oct 19, 2019 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
DES just had to mess up the concert.

I liked how Yuuko persisted to stand on position 0, I wonder if she managed to attain the center nova after that light?

That was an epic episode!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 8, 2021 10:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Akibastar is in the worst situation possible, and Yuuko at the end... damn it's so tense
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

May 2020
Akibastar's defense was sorely lacking. Also, its pretty clear that the DES knew that the AKB were based there, so why didn't they just attack them before ? It's not like they have massive repercussions to face.

RIP Yuuko, you were cool.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

80 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

70 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:12 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

156 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:45 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

93 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.