Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Nov 2012
MM-Rosiie said:
I don't know about Mamoru, but Maria is definitely not dead. If she was, then all the foreshadowing of her earlier on would have been pointless.

Not if the one that
kpk10Feb 2, 2013 8:41 AM
Feb 2, 2013 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
kpk10 said:
MM-Rosiie said:
I don't know about Mamoru, but Maria is definitely not dead. If she was, then all the foreshadowing of her earlier on would have been pointless.

Ok. Thats it. Start using spoiler tags or I'm reporting to a mod.
dankickyouFeb 2, 2013 8:54 AM
The Art of Eight
Feb 2, 2013 10:08 AM
Oct 2012
This scene made my day. Epicantus.
Feb 2, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 2013
I love this show so much right now. i want to see next weeks episode so much, i cant wait to see what happens between humans and queerats i want total war.
Feb 2, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:
goddamn that was some terroristic shit those rats pulled. this ep was so fucking win

that covered dude is completely fucking boss status. 4 eyes and a 12 pack of whoopass

cant wait to see if maria and mamoru are alive

I very much doubt they are.

1. Whoever killed the Giant Hornets was a Cantus user
2. Saki and Shun said Maria would bring about many deaths
3. The bones Yakomaru gave Tomiko were in fact Maria and Mamoru
4. Maria wanted to have kids

The show practically spelled out for us. Yakomaru helped Maria and Mamoru until they had a kid and then killed them both. Now he's raised the child as a queerat weapon and is using it to wipe out the Giant Hornets and humans.

I might be wrong, but the show seems to be blatantly saying this.

If Yakomaru gave Tomiko the bones of Maria and Mamoru, and you are assuming that Maria and Mamoru had a kid.... it means they died, of course, after they had that kid. So when exactly did Yakomaru brought the bones? Few years later? PLUS. If Maria really had a kid that now is turning cantus against the village, that kid should have had time to learn the cantu shit from his parents. That and also assume he is 12 years old AT MOST, actually 11 considering 9 months of pregnancy. I recall Saki awakening her cantus at 14. How many years would it take to master it to such level as to kill an army ? And having dead parents so nobody could teach you anything?

You also have to think of what possible thing could have killed Maria and Mamoru? Why would they die since nobody wanted to kill them and the humans thought they were dead?

Also consider that the rats seem to have knowledge on ancient human weapons. Definitely the bombs that we saw now and possibly guns. That kind of knowledge couldnt possibly come from Maria and Mamoru. Even less from their kid. AND EVEN IF YOU THINK Maria and Mamoru shared with the rats some knowledge from the minoshiro or whatever.... this mins Yakomaru met them alive. And again, if you think the bones he brought were really theirs, then that would mean Yakomaru killed them. Or at least was able to trace them back again to find their bones.

Well just saying. If they really are dead, and that is their kid doing the shit.... to me would seem a pretty lame plot excuse. I just expect something more twisted and unthinkable.
Feb 2, 2013 10:15 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, such an intense episode!~ @__@ I was looking forward to when the bakenezumi would attack... this did not disappoint at all!
It does seem like they're putting much more emphasis on Saki & Maria rather than her with Satoru.

If I ever fully learn Japanese, the first thing I'll read will be the novel version ^__^ But hopefully it gets translated in English one day!~
Feb 2, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
I dont get why does everyone want to see Satoru x Saki :/
I think Maria x Saki was much more better and lovely.

The queerats revolution stuff was something a bit predictable I hope its more then simply eliminating them gods.

4/5
Feb 2, 2013 10:54 AM
Apr 2009
Morridine said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:
goddamn that was some terroristic shit those rats pulled. this ep was so fucking win

that covered dude is completely fucking boss status. 4 eyes and a 12 pack of whoopass

The show practically spelled out for us. Yakomaru helped Maria and Mamoru until they had a kid and then killed them both. Now he's raised the child as a queerat weapon and is using it to wipe out the Giant Hornets and humans.

If Yakomaru gave Tomiko the bones of Maria and Mamoru, and you are assuming that Maria and Mamoru had a kid.... it means they died, of course, after they had that kid. So when exactly did Yakomaru brought the bones? Few years later? PLUS. If Maria really had a kid that now is turning cantus against the village, that kid should have had time to learn the cantu shit from his parents. That and also assume he is 12 years old AT MOST, actually 11 considering 9 months of pregnancy. I recall Saki awakening her cantus at 14. How many years would it take to master it to such level as to kill an army ? And having dead parents so nobody could teach you anything?

You also have to think of what possible thing could have killed Maria and Mamoru? Why would they die since nobody wanted to kill them and the humans thought they were dead?

Also consider that the rats seem to have knowledge on ancient human weapons. Definitely the bombs that we saw now and possibly guns. That kind of knowledge couldnt possibly come from Maria and Mamoru. Even less from their kid. AND EVEN IF YOU THINK Maria and Mamoru shared with the rats some knowledge from the minoshiro or whatever.... this mins Yakomaru met them alive. And again, if you think the bones he brought were really theirs, then that would mean Yakomaru killed them. Or at least was able to trace them back again to find their bones.

Well just saying. If they really are dead, and that is their kid doing the shit.... to me would seem a pretty lame plot excuse. I just expect something more twisted and unthinkable.

Quite easily. Report Maria and Mamoru as missing, then later show up with the bones. I admit there's a bit of a time gap due to the pregnancy, but it's not impossible to explain it.

And Saki was fourteen when Shun died and Mamoru ran away. She was a little girl when she awakened her Cantus.

Teaching him/her Cantus is another valid point on your part, but if Satoru's original theory is right, it's possible than Cantus knowledge and instructions were stored in a False Minoshiro. And a kid being born away from the village would mean that no limiters were placed on it, so its Cantus would be vastly more powerful than Saki and Satoru's at that age and Satoru was wiping out queerat colonies.

Like I said, I'm just guessing at the what the show seems to be saying. DNA tests confirmed by Tomiko herself to state that Maria and Mamoru are dead, Maria's desire to have children right after it being revealed that a mysterious user of Cantus is aiding queerats, a timeskip that would cause a child to be around the age Saki awakened her Cantus and the warning that allowing Maria to escape would lead to a large amount of deaths. After all, Saki never said Maria would kill a lot of people, but that if she hadn't been born, people wouldn't have died.

It all fits, at least to me.
EmeralDragon23Feb 2, 2013 10:58 AM
Feb 2, 2013 11:32 AM

Jun 2011
Another great episode. Now we have a war between humans and bakenezumi.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Feb 2, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
yumekotan said:
Am I the only person who for some reason found this the most terrifying part of the episode?

no you're not. it actually put me in mid-freaked mode when i saw it. and the last part where in Maria is talking is creepy if i focused to her eye for the duration of the scene
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 2, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
Oh, man, Yakomaru is goin' DOWN. I love the scenes with the text "hello" and "goodbye"; very eerie and reminds me of SHAFT. This whole anime reminds me of SHAFT, actually.
Feb 2, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
Freakin awesome episode. Was waiting for this.
Feb 2, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode. Can't wait for the next one. It totally caught up the previous one, which was pretty boring. No more speech, but action ! I love that !
And I want to know what happened to Maria and Mamoru so much.
Feb 2, 2013 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
This episode was epic. The rats were angry as fuck with that attack. That guy with dat eye effect was badass. It was so sad to see Maria's ghost at the end I miss her so much.
Feb 2, 2013 1:23 PM

Nov 2011
EmeralDragon23 said:
Morridine said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:

If Yakomaru ...

Quite easily. Report Maria and Mamoru as missing, then later show up with the bones. I admit there's a bit of a time gap due to the pregnancy, but it's not impossible to explain it.

And Saki was fourteen when Shun died and Mamoru ran away. She was a little girl when she awakened her Cantus.

Teaching him/her Cantus is another valid point on your part, but if Satoru's original theory is right, it's possible than Cantus knowledge and instructions were stored in a False Minoshiro. And a kid being born away from the village would mean that no limiters were placed on it, so its Cantus would be vastly more powerful than Saki and Satoru's at that age and Satoru was wiping out queerat colonies.

Like I said, I'm just guessing at the what the show seems to be saying. DNA tests confirmed by Tomiko herself to state that Maria and Mamoru are dead, Maria's desire to have children right after it being revealed that a mysterious user of Cantus is aiding queerats, a timeskip that would cause a child to be around the age Saki awakened her Cantus and the warning that allowing Maria to escape would lead to a large amount of deaths. After all, Saki never said Maria would kill a lot of people, but that if she hadn't been born, people wouldn't have died.

In fact it does fit with everything that has been shown untill now. And all the hints. And that creepy hello too... I mean i didn't get the feeling that it was coming from any old character. But what we don't know and haven't been hinted at worries me. Like I said, if that kid is 11 year old.... kind of meh. And as I said, to me the fact that Maria and Mamoru died (considering they did) seems a bit forced out. I mean I cannot think for any plausible reason for them to die. They were strong enough to run, resourceful enough to get their traces covered... and yet they die just like that. Only the rats knew they were alive, you have to admit that the rats couldn't possibly kill them THEN.

Yea, I remember couple epis ago Saki saying how easily they got played by the cunning rats. But apart from some lies and tricks they weren't able to kill them.

So then, as a little conspiracy theory, maybe someone in the village did know about the two being alive and plotted something to secretly kill them. But why? Or maybe someone from inside wants the village to fall? Again the only logical possibility would be that the rats , who started to imitate ancient human society for a while, needed someone with cantus on their side in order to attack humans and the plotted against the two because they wanted to raise their kid as one of them. But again i get to the same question: how could the rats possibly kill them if they didn't really have any special traits on their side.
Feb 2, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
Shit sure is going down now, excellent episode, I wish they'd make Saki and Satoru's relationship more clear in the anime, I only knew they were a couple after I read some comments on here.
Feb 2, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2012
wow amazing episode.... 5/5 for me dont know what to say just stunned
wished every would be like this ^^
anyway this show is really getting better

dat ost <3
Feb 2, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
This has been epic so far, I never thought it could get even better.
Extremely interesting story so far, Maria is probably still alive, at least some of the clues make me think that she is. If it keeps on going like this I'll most certainly give this a 10/10, it just deserves it with this kind of story.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 2, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2012
Another good episode. Yakomaru has always been pretty suspicious. I wonder if Maria and Mamoru really are dead. Can't wait for the next episode.
5/5.

Feb 2, 2013 2:29 PM

Nov 2012
Morridine said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
Morridine said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:

If Yakomaru ...

In fact it does fit with everything that has been shown untill now. And all the hints. And that creepy hello too... I mean i didn't get the feeling that it was coming from any old character. But what we don't know and haven't been hinted at worries me. Like I said, if that kid is 11 year old.... kind of meh. And as I said, to me the fact that Maria and Mamoru died (considering they did) seems a bit forced out. I mean I cannot think for any plausible reason for them to die. They were strong enough to run, resourceful enough to get their traces covered... and yet they die just like that. Only the rats knew they were alive, you have to admit that the rats couldn't possibly kill them THEN.

Yea, I remember couple epis ago Saki saying how easily they got played by the cunning rats. But apart from some lies and tricks they weren't able to kill them.

So then, as a little conspiracy theory, maybe someone in the village did know about the two being alive and plotted something to secretly kill them. But why? Or maybe someone from inside wants the village to fall? Again the only logical possibility would be that the rats , who started to imitate ancient human society for a while, needed someone with cantus on their side in order to attack humans and the plotted against the two because they wanted to raise their kid as one of them. But again i get to the same question: how could the rats possibly kill them if they didn't really have any special traits on their side.

I don't doubt that the rats could kill them. Mamoru is easily scared, and Maria could have been fooled when attempting to play comforting mother to Mamoru. Besides, Saki only later realized the lies they were being told and tricks they were being put through. Each time one of those were played out on them, she didn't realize- only after she had a while to examine what happened was she able to put two and two together. However, there's also that woman who was on the committee who stated that perhaps the summer festival should be postponed. Maybe she, being the most cautious one as Tomiko-san said herself, had something to do with it? Also, didn't she die this episode?
Feb 2, 2013 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
That was awesome. Some real four-eyes
Feb 2, 2013 5:05 PM
Mar 2008
I loved Maria and Mamoru. I think their couple dynamic was incredibly interesting. This episode made me realize how much I missed them. :(

Can't wait for the finale arc!
Feb 2, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
itsvero said:
Oh, man, Yakomaru is goin' DOWN. I love the scenes with the text "hello" and "goodbye"; very eerie and reminds me of SHAFT. This whole anime reminds me of SHAFT, actually.

The anime itself doesn't exactly remind me of SHAFT, but the "hello" and "goodbye" definitely DID remind me a lot of SHAFT.
Feb 2, 2013 7:23 PM

Nov 2012
Can someone explain what was that scene where Maria's soul came out of that bald dead guy in a giant beam of light?
Feb 2, 2013 8:35 PM

Dec 2011
It is the start of the queerats revolution!!!!
This is getting interesting... although they are still completely helpless against Cantus.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2013 8:38 PM
Jan 2013
rul said:
Why did that light come out of the bald guys eyes when he was dying and who was the women that came out of the light?

I have an idea of who the woman was. The first thing my mind jumped to was that it was Maria. But that doesn't make any sort of sense. Then I remembered, towards the end of episode 4, Rijin (the priest that apprehends the kids) kills off a massive group of "foreign queerats". His cantus takes the form of a gigantic pitch-black woman with a scythe, veiled in a tornado.

She must be connected to the "spirit" of cantus. Perhaps she is the physical manifestation of it. This is a sci-fi though, so I wouldn't call her a god or spirit. It's more likely she's some sort of computer program or powerful AI that enables the cantus.

Which leads to another idea. Remember the beginning of the third episode, when the group of assassins infiltrates the palace at night and kills the Emperor of Bright Clemency? The head assassin says, "If we do it now, while he can't use his PK...." The question is, why can't he use his PK? Also, the phrasing "while he can't" suggests that he usually can use PK, just not at the moment. So it seems that his PK hasn't been sealed like when the kids' cantus is sealed by Rijin in episode 4.

Is the emperor's inability to use his PK just a flaw, a recharge? Some sort of "battery" that runs it? Or are PK and cantus different abilities? Perhaps cantus is a PK version 2.0?

It must be some sort of reproducible augmentation or theoretically explained power, since, at the beginning of episode 4, when Shun asks the devil's minoshiro about Fiends and Karma Demons, the minoshiro explains that PK was scientifically accepted. What pushed this acceptance through were "the experiments conducted by Azerbaijani cognitive scientist Imran Ismailov" and that they were "largely successful". They may have been supernatural powers, but to repeat myself, they were understood; that means that they should have been theoretically testable and maybe even reproducible; and with enough time and research, they should be improvable.

This all ties back to the form of the woman contained in the blue light. "She" leaves the user on death. I quote "she" because "she" is probably more of an "it"; once again, it's possible that "she" is an AI or some sort of enabling computer program.

I'm assuming this anime doesn't fall into the fantasy genre. If it does, well, that wouldn't be very fair considering how far into it we are now.
ArtificialxSkyFeb 2, 2013 9:57 PM
Feb 2, 2013 8:50 PM

Oct 2012
Absolutely great!!!! I loved this episode!!
We are slowly reaching the climax. The pieces are falling in place.
Yakomaru's ulterior motives are finally revealed. He angered Tomiko....nothing good will come out of that.
Shisei is BA....couldn't expect less from the strongest Canctus user - also Shun had the capabilities of becoming as strong as him, or even stronger...amazing.
It's really sad that Maria and Mamoru are both dead......Yakomaru has to pay. There is no doubt that he was responsible for their deaths.
Looks like the Bakenezumi's mortal weapon will appear next episode. The preview gave me goosebumps o.o
Next episode will be beyond greatness u.u
Can't wait!!! >///<
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Feb 2, 2013 9:35 PM
Jan 2013
Spirai said:
Morridine said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
Morridine said:
EmeralDragon23 said:
KingCez said:

If Yakomaru ...

I don't doubt that the rats could kill them. Mamoru is easily scared, and Maria could have been fooled when attempting to play comforting mother to Mamoru. Besides, Saki only later realized the lies they were being told and tricks they were being put through. Each time one of those were played out on them, she didn't realize- only after she had a while to examine what happened was she able to put two and two together. However, there's also that woman who was on the committee who stated that perhaps the summer festival should be postponed. Maybe she, being the most cautious one as Tomiko-san said herself, had something to do with it? Also, didn't she die this episode?

Emeral Dragon, I enjoyed reading your sharp observations. I have to say I'm nearly convinced. The show does seem to want us to come to your conclusion; to refuse would be illogical.

However, I have some doubt about the truth of these points. Specifically, I want to inspect the third claim. Tomiko insists that Maria and Mamoru are proven dead, but doesn't she have an ulterior motive? Saki covered the fact that Maria and Mamoru escaped. Doesn't Tomiko want to protect Saki? She and Saki were complicit when it came to Maria and Mamoru's escape right?

It's possible that, even though the show wants us to think Maria and Mamoru are dead, it isn't true. There are many cases in literature where the narrator lies or has incomplete knowledge, and even the author leaves information unsaid, but possibly deducible, from the reader. We would have to inspect Saki as a narrator as well.
ArtificialxSkyFeb 2, 2013 10:01 PM
Feb 3, 2013 12:15 AM

Nov 2011
I'm IN FUCKING LOVE WITH THIS ANIME!!
It's so amazing! The art, the plot, the music, the seiyuu's (especially Kaji Kaji) everything is just like .. brilliant.
This episode was so intense. I also never liked those bakenezumi nor did I trust them.
Another thing is that on tumblr everyone seems to be completely depressed with the thought of Maria being dead, to be quite honest I never liked her, not to mention I ship Satoru and Saki like bread and butter. Saki doesn't even like her, she pretty much states that earlier on when the first time skip happened. I find that this anime isn't very clear with the relationships in the first place, I'm guessing the novel lays off the Maria X Saki business a whole lot more, where as the anime is fishing for views, but it's hardly bad. I'm also a bit creeped out with the fact that Yakomaru probably killed Maria and Mamoru due to the bones being verified as theirs. I really want to read the novel!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK UUUUUUUURGH
KoiShoudouFeb 3, 2013 12:20 AM
Feb 3, 2013 3:06 AM

Nov 2011
ArtificialxSky said:
rul said:
Why did that light come out of the bald guys eyes when he was dying and who was the women that came out of the light?

This all ties back to the form of the woman contained in the blue light. "She" leaves the user on death. I quote "she" because "she" is probably more of an "it"; once again, it's possible that "she" is an AI or some sort of enabling computer program.

I'm assuming this anime doesn't fall into the fantasy genre. If it does, well, that wouldn't be very fair considering how far into it we are now.

Not fall into fantasy genre? Its supernatural genre, which means it deals with things like ghosts, gods and miracles.

Also, sci-fi doesnt necessarily involve Artificial Intelligence as in computers and that sort of high end technology. Science fiction is related to fictitious but plausible realm settings.

That woman being more like a goddess or spirit is more plausible since she also is showing a sort of emotional reaction... she is smiling, it looks as if she is smiling to Saki. No doubt itțs the same woman from episode 4, except there she looks in pain. In both cases, she appears when someone is killed and Saki seems to be the only one able to see her.
Feb 3, 2013 4:50 AM
Jul 2018
Even though the idea of Maria being the mother of a child that now helps the enemy fight humans sounds pretty much like that's actually the answer,but I still doubt it.
I mean considering that Maria and Mamoru were 14 when they left, how old can their child be?
12 could not really be possible, this means they must have had sex immediately after leaving, so if they really had a child or even some children together, they would most likely be around 10, which is maybe a little too young to be able to use cantus or to be taught how to even use it.
It was said that their bones where found, but how many years after they left? It was mentioned before that they would send out copycats to kill them right away and that even naighbour villages would help out with that.
So that means that those cats weren't able to kill them which of course leads us to think that they joined the enemy. But I think it's a little odd that they would look for them for at least several years (which is very likely considering that maria didn't immediately give birth after leaving)
So maybe Tomiko was lying, maybe they got fooled or maybe they are really dead, I personally still hope that they are alive.
On thing that is actually totally unrelevent, still gives me hope.
And that is the ending, the first one was sung by Saki, the main character within those episodes. So now the ending is sung by Maria, which is maybe a hint, that she will be of greater importance in this arc?

Ah well all in all I liked the episode and it's very interesting to read different ideas on how the show could continue.
In the end I hope that at least Maria isn't dead, I really liked her from the start and found her relationship with Saki very nice.
Feb 3, 2013 6:21 AM

Feb 2011
That was too damn awesome !!! I thought the new arc was going to be boring , but the series are surprising me again . Awesome ! That guy was really badass when he got serious xD Looking forward for more .
Feb 3, 2013 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
Assuming Maria had a child, I would guess it would be 10, almost 11.
Feb 3, 2013 6:59 AM

Jul 2012
This episode made my eyes wet and I don't even know why. Probably the way they use the amazing soundtrack in this anime together with some stunning visuals.

Shit gets real and I love it. All my hope in this anime has been fulfilled. I can clearly say it's anime of 2012/early13.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 3, 2013 7:00 AM
Nov 2011
MoonageDaydream said:
12 and a half years (it was winter, now it's summer) have passed, the child can be almost 12 (or 12, if maria was already pregnant)
Feb 3, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2013
pinotto90 said:
MoonageDaydream said:
12 and a half years (it was winter, now it's summer) have passed, the child can be almost 12 (or 12, if maria was already pregnant)

Actually 11 and a half years past assuming it was snowing in the winter.
Feb 3, 2013 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
MoonageDaydream said:
pinotto90 said:
MoonageDaydream said:

Actually 11 and a half years past assuming it was snowing in the winter.

But that would mean she had sex with Mamoru immediately after leaving, when they were both just 14...
somehow this seems so unlikely but then again, in a stressful situation things like that seem to happen more quickly.
But I still think, since Maria actually loved Saki, a decision like having a child with Mamoru would still take some time till it really happens.
Feb 3, 2013 8:35 AM
Nov 2012
MoonageDaydream said:

Feb 3, 2013 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
wohooooooooooooooooooo heating. Great episode!
Feb 3, 2013 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
kpk10 said:
MoonageDaydream said:

I don`tsee how.
Feb 3, 2013 4:18 PM
Aug 2007
Another amazing episode. That masked dude was completely badass, power beyond anything we've seen so far. It feels like as long as he's there, Yakomaru has no chance... because of that he'll probably die now :/ (I hope he doesn't)

Sad to find out that Mamoru and Maria are dead.. unless they're not...

Anyway, I'm really loving this anime. So original..
Feb 3, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2009
dat ending with maria's wild hair. she looks just like mama....from that horror movie. you should all watch it. scary as hell
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2012
Shit got real, man, I wasl aware that Shisei is the most powerful Cantus user but damn, he still surprised me, especially with his eyes.

I hope they are going to explain the light that came out of that one guy, strange scene.
Feb 3, 2013 7:10 PM
Feb 2013
Morridine said:
ArtificialxSky said:
rul said:

That woman being more like a goddess or spirit is more plausible since she also is showing a sort of emotional reaction... she is smiling, it looks as if she is smiling to Saki. No doubt itțs the same woman from episode 4, except there she looks in pain. In both cases, she appears when someone is killed and Saki seems to be the only one able to see her.

That's right, we even see here two times in episode 4. Didn't Shun see her the first time, too (when the false minoshiro died)?
Damn, I miss Shun.

I agree that Maria's child seems to be the plausible option but still it feels way too obvious. As long as Shisei doesn't die I'm fine with everything.
Feb 4, 2013 1:22 AM

Jun 2010
Shit got real.
Feb 4, 2013 9:46 AM
Nov 2012
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1345819/absurdres-akizuki_maria-aonuma_shun-asahina_satoru

Such a sad and sweet comic. *sniff*

I'm sure that it's true and that even if Shun was still alive and Saki and Satoru would have still got to be together he would have been happy for them since he loved both of them.
Feb 4, 2013 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
AmberFebruary said:
yumekotan said:
Am I the only person who for some reason found this the most terrifying part of the episode?

no you're not. it actually put me in mid-freaked mode when i saw it. and the last part where in Maria is talking is creepy if i focused to her eye for the duration of the scene

You definitely weren't the only one...

This episode was a little bit weird. hehehe

I agree that the relationships aren't well designed in this arc yet. They changed a lot from arc to arc, episode 8 was the first shock 'cause I was watching something and then a new line of relationships appeared (I'm not against it but they seemed a completely different group of people after childhood). Maybe I would explain these differences with the fact that they had their memories changed so many times during life...

I felt a mixed of fear and compassion for Maria in the end of the episode. It seemed that she was trying to convince herself... If in the novel Saki was never in love with Maria, as who read the novel are always telling us, I don't think the anime is telling us that she was. What I think the anime is directly saying is that Saki loved Maria (not that she was in love, although in a society like that is pretty much hard to define love and passion; I mean, Saki loved her friend and the love between them even had the sex ingredient, but since that was pretty much a regular habit let's say that she actually thought all the time about Shun and maybe that defines what passion is...) The anime also says that Maria loved and was in love with Saki but she knew she couldn't actually have her. I think that they are trying to explain the importance of Maria to the story adding so many things about her, and not that Maria was Saki's true love etc.

Anyway, one of the reasons I'm starting to learn japanese is to read the novel. I really want to read the novel! Maybe in 10 years... :(

PS.: The music of the battle moments is creepy and I liked it very much! lol
Feb 4, 2013 12:10 PM
Jan 2013
Cantus manifests itself in puberty. I'm not too far along the novels, but what I've read implies that heavily. Once Cantus manifests itself, you get moved from the elementary school to the Unified School.

As noted in the above discussions, Maria and Mamoru's kid can be at most 12 years old. On top of that, the child would lack most of the Cantus knowledge that the human communities understand (the False Minoshiros have little/no knowledge about Cantus I think?). I find it unlikely that the Bakenezumi are using Maria and Mamoru's child, but maybe I'm wrong.
Feb 4, 2013 5:06 PM

Oct 2010
ArtificialxSky said:
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? They were seen with their kid.

Maria and Mamoru are alive still with their kid. Maria even made herself appeared naked to Saki.

WTF are you talking about. They are both alive and the bones are fake shit.

You all not smart about this. Most of the shit that happened in this episode I knew SINCE THE START. All that happened in this episode I KNEW! I did not even have to read the LN I KNEW! Therefore I am better than all. I did not need to read any book to even know what was not shown in the anime.

Shows what serious can be and what fun is, not much in comprehension at least.

Maria is dead if anything due to childbirth or will be killed by her kid.

They are not stupid as to get killed by shit ass rottens.

If anything their kid could have turned Karma Demonic and killed them both. Who knows.
Yumekichi11Feb 4, 2013 10:26 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 4, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
Damn Kaburagi is a badass looking character
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 5, 2012

323 by aliwhytho »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 28, 2012

466 by aliwhytho »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1326 by SenpaiTM »»
10 hours ago

» why did everyone turn gay?

bladewade - Aug 23

14 by BiazinhaBR »»
Aug 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Should humans adopt some parts of Bonobo sociosexual behavior similar to Shinsekai yori?

Zarutaku - Aug 15

19 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Aug 21, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.