Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2011 12:22 AM

Aug 2009
Another great ep^^
Sena was cute this ep and her swimsuit, omg xD
Kobato was funny and cute, too. Joining the loli club xD
The 'childhood friend'-thing felt a bit unneccessary (It's like EVERY anime has this kind of thing), but liked yozora's reaction when Kodaka remembered the old words^^ Now I'm curious about her^^

New members next ep? Nice, finally the tied-up maid (?) from OP will show up^^
Can't wait for it^^
Oct 21, 2011 12:29 AM

Feb 2009
JustALEX said:
Did they really just play the "Lost memories about childhood friend who is actually the HOT girl in High school" Card???
Yes, yes they did. It should have been for later after some club activities episode but they played it a bit earlier.
And next they're gonna play the trap card. As well as the loli nun card and the smart but weird girl card.
Oct 21, 2011 12:37 AM
Aug 2010
Eroge scene was pretty funny and Kobato is hilarious, otherwise a pretty boring episode. Second episode was a lot funnier. Hoping this doesn't turn into another fanservice anime.
Oct 21, 2011 12:39 AM

Aug 2011
Did we actually get any indication that Yozora is supposed to be exceptionally attractive? It's explicitly stated for Sena, but I don't remember anything about how attractive Yozora actually is.
violaxcore.png
Oct 21, 2011 12:42 AM

Dec 2010
violaxcore said:
Did we actually get any indication that Yozora is supposed to be exceptionally attractive? It's explicitly stated for Sena, but I don't remember anything about how attractive Yozora actually is.
She's attractive. Kodaka said so in the very first episode.

But she's antisocial, as opposed to Sena who can be social but in all the wrong ways.
Oct 21, 2011 12:44 AM

Jun 2008
chessmaster1989 said:
Hoping this doesn't turn into another fanservice anime.

LOL, I thought this already WAS a fanservice anime...

I mean, what's really going on here, a club about making friends?

Can anyone really call that a real plot, and how long before both these girls are begging to suck Kodaka's dick?

I'm just saying, everything I've seen is pretty damn standard for just about every single Romance comedy/school life anime out there....

Not that I mind, I actually welcome any and ALL fanservice scenes, it's better than just watching a show about nothing....but that's just my opinion.
Oct 21, 2011 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
chessmaster1989 said:
Eroge scene was pretty funny and Kobato is hilarious, otherwise a pretty boring episode. Second episode was a lot funnier. Hoping this doesn't turn into another fanservice anime.

- Another fanservice anime.

I lol'ed.
Oct 21, 2011 12:47 AM

Jun 2009
Fuck yeah HanaKana Kobato. My body will never be ready.

This is the most enjoyable episode I've seen from the fall anime I've been following this week. It might change after I see the next Fate/Zero episode but not for now.
Oct 21, 2011 12:48 AM

May 2011
violaxcore said:

umm, that gratuitous butt shot in episode 2?? Plus the need to show her legs in various types of fetishy leggings/stockings every couple of scenes.
Oct 21, 2011 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
Explicitz said:
Did Yozora just call Sena a walking cum dumpster? LOL

LMAO best insult i might've ever heard in my entire life.
Oct 21, 2011 1:00 AM

Aug 2011
Cirris said:
violaxcore said:

umm, that gratuitous butt shot in episode 2?? Plus the need to show her legs in various types of fetishy leggings/stockings every couple of scenes.

you should read up on your TV tropes

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenericCuteness
violaxcore.png
Oct 21, 2011 1:40 AM

Apr 2011
Lol at Seiken no Blacksmith eroge.
Oct 21, 2011 2:47 AM

Jan 2009
Was Sena just b/s'ing about not knowing how to swim, and just wanted some time alone with Kodaka? Granted this is anime land and anything can happen, but she learned freaking fast...
Oct 21, 2011 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
superman89 said:
Was Sena just b/s'ing about not knowing how to swim, and just wanted some time alone with Kodaka? Granted this is anime land and anything can happen, but she learned freaking fast...

No, in the 1st episode, it was stated that Sena was near perfect at everything (grades, athletics, looks), except her personality. So, it's not that surprising she learned quickly, although she may have learned quicker than what was humanly possible. But, then again, it was most likely midday when Kodaka and Sena arrived at the pool, and when they went back the sun was setting, so they were at the pool for at least a few hours.

Decent episode. Now it's time to introduce the other characters.
Oct 21, 2011 3:22 AM

Oct 2010
I am surprised no one mentions the part in the spoiler
flabby stomach Sena? Obviously it took some observation but she has a flabby stomach. Nothing wrong with some meat love handles when you think of it in another way.

Seriously you can't beat this part:

that was like the best and Kodak boy saved Sena so bad from those guys. Sniff! Reminded me so bad of Tarou in MM! When he defended Yuuno's asshole. However in this case Sena opened her big mouth! That was bad! If she did not those guys would have gone away.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 21, 2011 3:40 AM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

Noticed that as well. I assumed the whole "bulge out" scene was an original way of the artist to show that she feels allot more comfortable around him now and therefore don't feel like she "need" to suck in her belly any longer :P
Kinda like RL^^

Oh and getting hugged by a wet, naked, delicious loli... I really envy Kodaka (^.^)
Oct 21, 2011 3:50 AM
Jun 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aired 30 mins. late today.

Golden hair girl doing ero otome game with earphone on is lol~

Proving that it's not inappropriate, and reading the lines... She got embarrassed with the lines, but Inoue-chara. reads anothing!!

The sister is obsessed with Kurogane no Necromancer...

The club is more important than her sister?!

The golden hair girl wants him to teach her swimming? Her swimming suit is...

lol~ his father and principal are friends.

He saved her from namba guys, and she got scolded the first time.

So there's a guy saved him from bulling when he was young... and that idea about the friends are from him? Or is he a girl instead (that's why Inoue-chara was shocked?)?

Next ep. with more members (from kouhai)!

Hi.

The episode 3 was awesome and better than the first couple episodes.

He was joking .

That was shock. there are lots of questions, but we will know them later .

Maybe she fell in live with him !!!!.

Yes, it's obvious that she was that boy . that's why she was shocked !!,

and I think, she has known that he was her Childhood friend from the begining.

I look forward for episode 4.
ahmadzOct 21, 2011 4:36 AM
Oct 21, 2011 4:13 AM

Nov 2008
Got to the sister and Yozo is my long lost reverse trap friend who I was BFF' with , she remembers so does he - so when will she tell him !? lol who knows. But yes to people who question Yozo's knowledge she has known from the start. Hes the one with memory issues :P

Loving the anime as I cant get the Novels past half way through the first lol
sirwenceOct 21, 2011 4:16 AM
Oct 21, 2011 4:46 AM
Oct 2011
plot twiiiiisssterrrr wow to think that would happen *v*
srsly loved the last ep, very well done. mc is great lol, tho he surprised me

he looks like a gangster and if he wanted, he could prolly be one too :L didn't think he had it in him
Oct 21, 2011 4:47 AM

Oct 2010
EternalDreamer said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Noticed that as well. I assumed the whole "bulge out" scene was an original way of the artist to show that she feels allot more comfortable around him now and therefore don't feel like she "need" to suck in her belly any longer :P
Kinda like RL^^
Indeed, I did not think of it that way. Perhaps in general Sena getting more of her confidence back is good but she better watch out of pride because her mouth let out quite in the inflammation towards those guys. Whereas she should have not talked to them at all. IMO that would save problems for Kodaka.
EternalDreamer said:
Oh and getting hugged by a wet, naked, delicious loli... I really envy Kodaka (^.^)
Oh yes but of course well all do in the spoiler
at least he did not react like most males I am aware of. People mentioned this and kudos to Kodak boy for that one too. He look smarter already.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 21, 2011 5:08 AM

Aug 2011
Can't believe the main character is not one of those stupid morons we see in other shows. yay
Oct 21, 2011 5:08 AM

Jan 2008
Hmm they managed to fit 4 chapters in the space of one episode. It looks like this might be only a single-cour series at the rate they are going with multiple chapters for each episode. I had hoped that all the characters would get seperate introduction episodes but the preview for EP4 shows otherwise :(
Oct 21, 2011 5:14 AM
Jul 2010
JustALEX said:
stevewiess01 said:

Did they really just play the "Lost memories about childhood friend who is actually the HOT girl in High school" Card???

Well FUCK, this anime just became so much more cliche than it already was...

It makes sense.. how else would she be able to talk to him + she noticed him the very first time he entered class... nice to see good foreshadowing personally.

Really liking BWTGS protagonist isn't stupid fan service isn't exagerated
Oct 21, 2011 6:16 AM

May 2010
Wow,I love this series.... This is probably one of the best series this season plus the main character is likable; he is not a lolicon (or siscon) The other girls(Sena & Yozora) are also interesting.Totally a package!
TragicRomanceJun 1, 2014 4:28 AM
Oct 21, 2011 6:25 AM

Mar 2010
daniellkun said:
Ani-Blast said:
stevewiess01 said:
Btw, after watching this episode, I realized the title of the show should be changed to "Boku wa Otoko-Tomodachi ga Sukunai"... It's a blatant lie that he doesn't have any (girl)friend!

Keep watching.

And with subs.

?

Oct 21, 2011 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
I'm glad that they followed the manga :O
Oct 21, 2011 7:13 AM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. Not as funny as the previous episode but it had its moments.
Sena plays erogame^^

Also...

And 100 points for Kodaka.
SaygramOct 21, 2011 7:20 AM

Oct 21, 2011 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
I actually enjoyed this episode, after hating last week (Bitchy Girls Play Games). I finally got dat imouto service I was waiting for, and OMG is she ever hot O_o I gathered a lot of pictures off gelbooru already in anticipation of her showing up, but the actual anime is somehow even better. She's even naked within her first episode! She definitely is a bit of a bro-con I notice, pity she's the one in the 'harem' Kodak is least likely to wind up with.

Could they make it any more obvious that Yozuna or whatever her name is was doing the reverse-trap thing as a kid? I guess if she ever becomes too overwhelmingly bitchy I can always go back to that scene of her getting decked as a kid by Kodak. ;)

Sena was pure sex this episode, from her string bikini showing off lots and lots of her 'Meat' to reading the eroge aloud to telling Kodak he could lick her feet as a reward (yes please!). And as was expected for her shift from Bitchy Girl to Love Interest she showed off a little bit of her deredere side, after barraging us with tsun-tsun-tsun the first two episodes. Also is it just me or does Sena seem a bit ghey for her in-game girlfriends? ^_^; Kinda like Kirino with her imouto fetish.

I did notice her gut suddenly pop out, yeah, but I figured that was just showing her relaxing. I'm sure in that sparse of a bikini she was sucking in whatever paunch she had ... but I don't think they really expected that many people to pull their eyes off of Sena-chan's cleavage for that long.

I hope that sexy heterochromia imouto joins the club soon, and they get some other new members. The female leads insulting one another while the main looks on isn't really enough of a basis for a full series, even a 1-cour.

On a final note ... what is it about the main character that's supposed to be so goddamn scary? He does have kinda a creepy look when he pushes his hair back, but that's also him trying to look intimidating to scare those punks away. I don't understand why everyone in his class is terrified of him. Maybe if he looked like Chad from Bleach I'd understand ...
Oct 21, 2011 7:39 AM

Jun 2011
This is the first time i felt the anime came up short against the manga, though it was only in 1 part. It was the part where Kodaka was dealing with the 3 guys, he did stop the guys hand but it was funnier the guy was nearly crying while trying to hit out and then beat the 3 holding 1 down on the floor and scared them into stopping by asking them to stop when he was smiling (apprently he looks most scary when smiling). After that gave a quick flashback to him fighting delinquents and having to learn to fight for protection. The childhood flashback was a seperate one but in the same chapter.
I just would of liked if they stuck to the pool part better though they seem to want to make Kodaka look softer in the anime even though he is already kind enough, and yes he is the same with his sister in the manga.

Everything apart from that one part though is fine so the anime is still doing good.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 21, 2011 8:16 AM

Nov 2009
mdz said:
Commenting as I watch, so just my chain of thoughts.

A ton of fan service, but it isn't done obnoxiously, so it's fine I guess.
What? the guy's actually calm from a misunderstanding? Blasphemy.
A guy with common sense? This is new and exciting.
Glad to see there isn't an incest vibe going on.
Oh the dramatic irony, oh well it's reasonable at least, he thought his friend was a dude.

This is actually turning out to be really enjoyable, the humors there, and the characters are all really likable. It has a ton of fan service, but it doesn't portray them in obnoxious ways, and it doesn't really have too many cliches. I really do like the subtle philosophy invoked, like what constitutes as a friend. Or I'm overthinking it, oh well.

4.5/5 for the episode, I'm retardedly easy to please when it comes to comedy romances.

Got pretty much the same view on this...it's certainly one of the more enjoyable romcoms I've seen this year...hope it keeps it up til the end.
Oct 21, 2011 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Tl;dr Kobato

So, I suddenly felt the urge to mention everything that good ol' Yumekichi forgot to mention.
Yozora.
Sena.
Yozora and Sena.
Sena and Yozora.
x1000
That's about it, really.
I don't really see why there's any need to mention Kobato, except something like "Okay, Kodaka's got a sister who's a bit too into anime for her own good."
And lol, "curves". She ain't got no curves, pal.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed with the amount of Yozora in this episode, compared to the amount of Sena. But with all this foreshadowing, I assume there'll be more Yozora to come, so it's all cool in my book.
Note: I don't mind Sena, not at all. Actually, I like her. Though I like Yozora more. Might be influenced by the fact that I prefer Inoue Marina to Itou Kanae, I guess.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 21, 2011 8:31 AM

Jun 2011
Good episode.

But I'm more than glad because they followed the manga from top to bottom.
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Oct 21, 2011 8:33 AM
Nov 2010
Fuck yes, Kobato is WIN
Oct 21, 2011 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
dat hanazawa kana..

DAT HANAZAWA KANA...

5/5
Oct 21, 2011 9:17 AM

Feb 2011
so yozora was kodaka old friend?
more girl in next episode
this gonna be awesome
Oct 21, 2011 9:19 AM

Jan 2011
Many people are rooting for Kodaka x Sena but personally I like Yozora x Kodaka better. I'm a sucker for childhood friends..
Oct 21, 2011 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
I am REALLY enjoying this series. Not only does it follow the manga, it improves upon it. They did so much in this episode, they're really getting throughout he chapters. Not mention it's got great art and music. I cannot wait for the OST come out.

Also, Rika next episode, HOORAY!
Oct 21, 2011 9:30 AM

May 2009
lol with the childhood memories this could turn out good :D
Oct 21, 2011 9:54 AM
Dec 2007
Pretty interesting episode, espacially the pool scenes and the flashback.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 21, 2011 10:56 AM

Mar 2011
LOL, yes the eroge scene!!
ohsena<3
Courtesy of Paul
Oct 21, 2011 11:03 AM

Dec 2010
I really liked this episode, from the eroge scene to Kodaka owning the three punks, and it wrapped itself up nicely at the end with the childhood memory which from Yozora's reaction it seemed like she knew from the get go (which kind of makes sense because if i remember correctly when they were showing Kodaka's rough start in school they showed her looking at him many times) It makes me wonder from what Kodaka said about his dad if he also knew Sena in his childhood like he did Yozora,but i doubt he could have got her mixed up as boy like he did Yozora so maybe he just forgot? Well anyway looking forward to the next episode
Oct 21, 2011 11:38 AM

Mar 2008
I dont really like how they rushed about near half of a volume in one go but on the plus side, if the pace continues then they might make it to volume 5-6 of the novel which contains most of my favorite scenes :P
Oct 21, 2011 12:04 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Actually the main thing I really liked of this episode is the following,

Kobato is my #1 and yeah she is mines! I claimed her! Muhahahahah! She is amazing. Let's see first there are those curves in the following spoilersomehow Kodak boy blocked me there but anyway I am seriously surprised that Kobato would do something like in the following spoiler
Oct 21, 2011 12:24 PM

Nov 2009
omg i love kodaka. him playing up his thug face was epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2011 12:30 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode, loved it. Can't wait til the club room fills up a bit more.
Oct 21, 2011 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
guanhian said:
Many people are rooting for Kodaka x Sena but personally I like Yozora x Kodaka better. I'm a sucker for childhood friends..

Yozora's the main heroine anyways. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

So now we get 3 characters introduced in next episode due to changes in the chapter order, i'm not so sure if that's a good way. This ep was pretty hilarious even tho i remember almost everything, the only thing that wasn't faithful to the novel was probably the lack of Kobato using "An-chan" during the dinner.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 21, 2011 1:02 PM

Jun 2010
for some reason i cant find this on nya torrent? does it go by a different title than Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai?
wait.. i just found it... but the subs are from mazui, was it posted before from a better subgroup
Oct 21, 2011 1:15 PM

Dec 2010
Did anyone else notice that after that little childhood remembrance and Yozora asking if Kodaka remembered but when she realized that he didn't recognize her she picked up her book again she went to a completely different page ( the bookmark was at a completely different spot) lol mad random little detail but i just noticed when i saw that scene again, which makes me wonder how they are gonna reveal it ( I'm assuming they will eventually), since it appears to be touchy subject for her.
Oct 21, 2011 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
Haha wow, they consored the name of the kid even though it's blatantly obvious that was Yozora looking like a boy ten years ago. And yes, even before she reacted to him talking in his sleep.

Sena was pretty cute this episode. We got a lot of service shots in her (way too small) bikini too. She needs to learn to stop talking to guys like they're underlings though. She was shaking with fear when those guys harassed her, yet she kept picking a fight when they were leaving anyway. Good thing Kodaka stepped up even though it was the pretty cliche "defending a girl who's being hit on" scenario.

If this continues then both Sena and Yozora might end up having feelings for him. Kodaka's sister Kobato is pretty cute too and really tries to stay in her role huh? Her two differently colored eyes must be contacts too then.

Next week we're gonna see many more of the future club member. Three at once even! =)

Oct 21, 2011 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
I seriously hate how this adaption feeds on ecchi instead of humor, in contrast with the manga.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2011

337 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 8, 2011

181 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

241 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2011

180 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 15, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.