Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 25, 2010 2:00 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:

oh but can he do a completely nonsensical rants while trying to pull off manic laughing to ?

Oh and Sai knows too many jutsus for that to work. He needs to forget all of them and get sharingan implant.

EDIT: is it just me....Or Sai looks like he has a hitler-mustache in that pic 8D

1. haha donno yet 8D maybe someone has to say something about sasuke again and he'll try to do some laughs too!

2. sharigan's in stile yo.

3. now that you mention it, it really looks like he has a mustache ! X'D
Nov 25, 2010 2:02 PM

Mar 2009
This chapter was pretty well done I reckon.

The past few chapters have been very hard to read..
Nov 25, 2010 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
rofl hitler mustache XD

The inner outlook of "omg i am the most awesome manga writer ever and I am so talented" turned into "uhhhhhhhhh. lets fill those 17 pages with something and go get my paycheck....maybe."

yeah, its better to end it, take a break/vacantion and start smth new.

i still cant feel any connection with this manga.. there is nothing attractive that keeps me excited or wanting to read teh next chapter -_-
Nov 25, 2010 2:09 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Kankuro got his revenge from earlier when he got poisoned by Sasori. Kinda...

Nov 25, 2010 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
AceIII said:
Kankurou was badass but dunno where that come from lol

The last time we saw kankuro in the beginning of second part. when he fought with sasori and he was quite good but his opponent was too strong. so he lost and he was jonin. (not chunin like shikamaru or temari)

So i'm wondering why people thinking how he become a badass. naruto was using only rassingan that time.. then he got rasen shurikan and then sage powers and now kyuubi powers and he is a gennin for the record. and you guys think kankuro should stay where he was a gennin? not to mention he did beat that sound ninja when he saved kiba in first part and that sound ninja was really strong.

Sasori and Deidara got defeated because Sasori didn't had his puppets with him and kankuro only helped to beat them.. not that kankuro beat both by himself. Sai was the one who kicked and Omoi used lighting to disable deidara suicide blast. that was overall team work battle. not a single shot done.

The chapter was quite good... fast pace and good action.
Nov 25, 2010 2:32 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:
smokes said:

you notice this now?
i noticed this since the arc after Pain...

Oh but during that time, Kishi's writing actually felt like he BELIEVES in whatever stuff he is writing.

While that does not excuse for the crappy writing style, millions of sasuke/naruto/itachi/sakura rehashes and the anvil-dropping of shonen ideals, for all that was worth, it actually looked like Kishi is disillusioned into believing on what he was writing.

Like he sits down and decides to draw something that preaches peace and friendship and stuff...

Nowadays its like he sits down, writes whatever comes first to mind to get done with it and then forgets the manga even existed.

The inner outlook of "omg i am the most awesome manga writer ever and I am so talented" turned into "uhhhhhhhhh. lets fill those 17 pages with something and go get my paycheck....maybe."
Maybe so, but just don't forget Kubo is the EXACT same way.
Nov 25, 2010 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
BakaKawaii said:
bskbob said:
lame chapter kishi always do a good job with the build up but his conclusion are so often lame/anticlimax ....

Oda did the same thing :(

This...

KantonKageX said:

No... Kubo is great when it comes to fight.. Final Getsuga Tenshou. A Black Page.
Final Boss: OMG, when you become so strong. man. damn i lost.
/sarcasm
Han-yuuNov 25, 2010 2:39 PM
Nov 25, 2010 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
AceIII said:
Kankurou was badass but dunno where that come from lol

The last time we saw kankuro in the beginning of second part. when he fought with sasori and he was quite good but his opponent was too strong. so he lost and he was jonin. (not chunin like shikamaru or temari)

So i'm wondering why people thinking how he become a badass. naruto was using only rassingan that time.. then he got rasen shurikan and then sage powers and now kyuubi powers and he is a gennin for the record. and you guys think kankuro should stay where he was a gennin? not to mention he did beat that sound ninja when he saved kiba in first part and that sound ninja was really strong.

Sasori and Deidara got defeated because Sasori didn't had his puppets with him and kankuro only helped to beat them.. not that kankuro beat both by himself. Sai was the one who kicked and Omoi used lighting to disable deidara suicide blast. that was overall team work battle. not a single shot done.

The chapter was quite good... fast pace and good action.
Also Sasori made Kankuro's puppets so he knew the weaknesses. Btw Temari a jonin. Shin aka Sai's brother defeat was half-assed
Nov 25, 2010 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
KantonKageX said:
Btw Temari a jonin.

umm. if i remember correctly. she said i'm chunin and kankuro is jonin in the beginning of second part. when they told naruto about gara as kazekage *maybe i'm forgetting here*
Nov 25, 2010 2:48 PM

Jul 2008
KantonKageX said:
Fai said:

Coming from the guy who loves Tite, who ranted about people being inferior to him because they disliked Orihime.
At least the 17 pages are filled and not filler.
Nov 25, 2010 3:00 PM

Jun 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
KantonKageX said:
Btw Temari a jonin.

umm. if i remember correctly. she said i'm chunin and kankuro is jonin in the beginning of second part. when they told naruto about gara as kazekage *maybe i'm forgetting here*

Temari is a jonin. The conversation stated that Temari, Kankuro, and Neji had become jonin during the time skip.
Nov 25, 2010 3:23 PM

Apr 2009
Tsuki-Hime said:

No... Kubo is great when it comes to fight.. Final Getsuga Tenshou. A Black Page.
/sarcasm

rofl true true XD

(dunno, for me marineford arc had an rushed ending, but awesome deaths and development =\
Nov 25, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
smokes said:
Tsuki-Hime said:

/sarcasm

rofl true true XD

(dunno, for me marineford arc had an rushed ending, but awesome deaths and development =

It was more that it took too long, for me; most of it was Luffy running, totally put me of OP for a while.
Nov 25, 2010 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
BakaKawaii said:
KantonKageX said:
Fai said:

Coming from the guy who loves Tite, who ranted about people being inferior to him because they disliked Orihime.
At least the 17 pages are filled and not filler.
he loves Kubo as much as Kishi loves Sasuke
Nov 25, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
BakaKawaii said:
smokes said:
Tsuki-Hime said:

/sarcasm

rofl true true XD

(dunno, for me marineford arc had an rushed ending, but awesome deaths and development =

It was more that it took too long, for me; most of it was Luffy running, totally put me of OP for a while.

kizaru hit the key, mister3 on the stage, enies lobby, buster call, marry go and skypia arc and there are more. but its not the right thread and i like one piece. don't want to give chance to haters here.
Nov 25, 2010 4:51 PM

Oct 2008
Fai said:
SasukeItachiBrothersRedux Fight happens and SasukeItachiBrothersRedux2 fight happens. We get more anvils on how everyone in the good side are purely good and powerful and care about family and peace.

You might as well just stop reading the story period if after 500 chapters you still expect the story and all its motifs to suddenly change in your favor. That can't happen and you're just wasting your time being pissed off at the Naruto story all the time, unless you're some sort of masochist.

Fai said:
Seriously, Naruto manga now feels like that cheap butter advert on tv - you look at it with apathy, it ends and you go "oh well, lets continue watching the show". Its clear that Kishi lost any sort of joy he ever had writing this stuff.

Clearly you're an expertise in the craft of writing and drawing comics professionally in the comic industry on a weekly basis since you make storytelling sound as simple as making a sandwich.
Nov 25, 2010 5:04 PM

Jul 2010
Hypeathon said:
Fai said:
Seriously, Naruto manga now feels like that cheap butter advert on tv - you look at it with apathy, it ends and you go "oh well, lets continue watching the show". Its clear that Kishi lost any sort of joy he ever had writing this stuff.

Clearly you're an expertise in the craft of writing and drawing comics professionally in the comic industry on a weekly basis since you make storytelling sound as simple as making a sandwich.

Actually making sandwich is difficult than storytelling. if kishi do something like this and this and that. this manga will become awesome because you know i'm a genius.
Nov 25, 2010 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
Hypeathon said:
Fai said:

His NaruXSasu doujin is really well written, you can tell he's really into it. The passion he gets from writing about his favourite male pairing is just unbelievable.
Nov 25, 2010 6:25 PM

Oct 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:
Actually making sandwich is difficult than storytelling. if kishi do something like this and this and that. this manga will become awesome because you know i'm a genius.

Oh yeah, I can tell you would think making a sandwich is "more" difficult storytelling, writing, and drawing manga since you can't proofread what you type to save your life.

BakaKawaii said:
His NaruXSasu doujin is really well written, you can tell he's really into it. The passion he gets from writing about his favourite male pairing is just unbelievable.

Aaaaaand, what exactly have you been smoking today?
Nov 25, 2010 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
Fanboy gotta fanboying
Nov 25, 2010 7:00 PM

Oct 2008
Conqueringgodess said:
Fanboy gotta fanboying

And morons are gonna be moronic, your point?
Nov 25, 2010 7:05 PM

Jul 2010
Hypeathon said:
Tsuki-Hime said:

Oh yeah, I can tell you would think making a sandwich is "more" difficult storytelling, writing, and drawing manga since you can't proofread what you type to save your life.

Nope. i do proofread what i type but the problem is i don't have time to join some English language forum. so that's all skills i have. ^__^ but i think its understandable though and by the way. i don't know if you got my point or not but i was referring to Fai. i think storytelling is easier than making sandwich for him.
Conqueringgodess said:
Fanboy gotta fanboying
fixed: and haters gotta hate.

Yup. that's how entertainment industry is working.
Nov 25, 2010 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
Tsuki-Hime said:
Nope. i do proofread what i type but the problem is i don't have time to join some English language forum. so that's all skills i have. ^__^

http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/
And there you go.

Tsuki-Hime said:
but i think its understandable though and by the way. i don't know if you got my point or not but i was referring to Fai. i think storytelling is easier than making sandwich for him.

Okay, fine, but you do realize I made the sandwich comment and not Fai right? *laughes*
Nov 25, 2010 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
Hypeathon said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
Nope. i do proofread what i type but the problem is i don't have time to join some English language forum. so that's all skills i have. ^__^

[url=http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/]http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/
And there you go.

That's spell checker, not a grammar checker. right?.. which i already have built-in firefox and i make sure each time to fix spells with correct suggestion or i use lingoes.
Hypeathon said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
but i think its understandable though and by the way. i don't know if you got my point or not but i was referring to Fai. i think storytelling is easier than making sandwich for him.

Okay, fine, but you do realize I made the sandwich comment and not Fai right? *laughes*

Yeah. i do realize that but from your previous comments it felt like you misunderstood my previous post. anyway...
Nov 25, 2010 9:01 PM

May 2007
Wow who would have guessed that some of the zombies would regain their soul and not want to fight, again this is a stupid plan.

Sasori and Kankuro was a fun back and forth and I liked the actual fight parts of this chapter, angry Sai was cool, but the lameness of being "saved", and I feel we are just getting started with it.

I am in this arc to see Zabuza v. Kekaishi 2 and the eventually Naruto or Sakura v. Kabuto battles.
My anime list
Nov 26, 2010 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
Hypeathon said:
Fai said:
SasukeItachiBrothersRedux Fight happens and SasukeItachiBrothersRedux2 fight happens. We get more anvils on how everyone in the good side are purely good and powerful and care about family and peace.

You might as well just stop reading the story period if after 500 chapters you still expect the story and all its motifs to suddenly change in your favor. That can't happen and you're just wasting your time being pissed off at the Naruto story all the time, unless you're some sort of masochist.

Fai said:

Oh but story and its motifs changed THREE times already. Part I(which was awesome) Part II(which was meh), Pain Arc(which was decent till the horrible neding) and everything after that(that was craptastic) had entirely different ideas and entirelly different characterizations of main characters.

It it wrong to hope for Naruto manga to return to the original ideas and setting where Naruto could manage to be awesome and badass, Sauce was brooding yet decent guy and Sakura was useful without any of this sexist-healing-skillz crap?

Back then, when a kunai could kill a person, Ninjas did not fly, everyone knew different techniques used of different things, the world looked like medieval japan, Naruto and Sasuke actually worked for powerups and villains were realisti, interesting and complex persons who might as well have existed in our world.

As for rating stories - the authors of stories do NOT have ability to rate. Rating and criticizing does not require you to be a great writer. Just like in art, the painters themselves have no constructive sense of opinion about the works of others, writers for most occasions can't judge the works of others. Not to mention that I did read quite enough to have my own individual taste and recognize horrible cliches and selling-outs as they happen.

mitamaking said:
Wow who would have guessed that some of the zombies would regain their soul and not want to fight, again this is a stupid plan.

Sasori and Kankuro was a fun back and forth and I liked the actual fight parts of this chapter, angry Sai was cool, but the lameness of being "saved", and I feel we are just getting started with it.

I am in this arc to see Zabuza v. Kekaishi 2 and the eventually Naruto or Sakura v. Kabuto battles.

I would have loved to see Sasori vs Kankurou fight or two before Sasori fodder-died back then.

Akatsuki had such a potential to be built up as formidable villains....that is BEFORE they got killed.

There's just so many things you can do with such a rogue organization, that its actually sad that Kishi wasted them all on hyping Madara's Hatred,inc.
Nov 26, 2010 3:18 AM

Sep 2009
^ ......should write his own manga ...
Nov 26, 2010 4:36 AM

Jul 2008
Hypeathon said:
Tsuki-Hime said:

BakaKawaii said:

Aaaaaand, what exactly have you been smoking today?

Your sarcasm detector is as good as your points.
Nov 26, 2010 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
BakaKawaii said:

rofl xD that has nothing to do with what that dude said..
i am actually happy that the arc was around 30 chapters.. considering the amount of characters.. in bleach that arc would take 200 chapters..
(btw reread the arc =) you'll like it more..)
Nov 26, 2010 6:43 AM

Mar 2010
Fai said:
Hypeathon said:
Fai said:

Fai said:

Oh but story and its motifs changed THREE times already. Part I(which was awesome) Part II(which was meh), Pain Arc(which was decent till the horrible neding) and everything after that(that was craptastic) had entirely different ideas and entirelly different characterizations of main characters.

It it wrong to hope for Naruto manga to return to the original ideas and setting where Naruto could manage to be awesome and badass, Sauce was brooding yet decent guy and Sakura was useful without any of this sexist-healing-skillz crap?

Back then, when a kunai could kill a person, Ninjas did not fly, everyone knew different techniques used of different things, the world looked like medieval japan, Naruto and Sasuke actually worked for powerups and villains were realisti, interesting and complex persons who might as well have existed in our world.

As for rating stories - the authors of stories do NOT have ability to rate. Rating and criticizing does not require you to be a great writer. Just like in art, the painters themselves have no constructive sense of opinion about the works of others, writers for most occasions can't judge the works of others. Not to mention that I did read quite enough to have my own individual taste and recognize horrible cliches and selling-outs as they happen.

mitamaking said:

I would have loved to see Sasori vs Kankurou fight or two before Sasori fodder-died back then.

Akatsuki had such a potential to be built up as formidable villains....that is BEFORE they got killed.

There's just so many things you can do with such a rogue organization, that its actually sad that Kishi wasted them all on hyping Madara's Hatred,inc.
Compare a certain manga who said big bad didn't really need his Co dragons 10 other when he could've one shot everybody from the beginning
Nov 26, 2010 7:39 AM

Aug 2007
I fuckin love these chapters!!
5/5
Nov 26, 2010 8:24 AM

Jul 2008
smokes said:
BakaKawaii said:

rofl xD that has nothing to do with what that dude said..
i am actually happy that the arc was around 30 chapters.. considering the amount of characters.. in bleach that arc would take 200 chapters..
(btw reread the arc =) you'll like it more..)

Oh I know, I was just replying to your marineford comment.
Yeah I know I'd enjoy it now, just the waiting weekly for.. well.. running, got to me.
As you said though, much better pacing that bleach. Karakura town = marineford, pretty much, just it took... 2 years?
Nov 26, 2010 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

It's changed because it's developed. It is wrong to hope for everything to rewind 11 years and go back to the beginning; that would be counter-productive. People change. Their views change. Their priorities change.

After seeing something deeply destructive as Pain, and hearing his pitiable history. After the death of Jiraiya, someone dear to Naruto. After seeing the world and how people wish for peace, interacting with so many people. After becoming older. WHY WOULD NARUTO REMAIN THE SAME PERSON? I know it's a 'thing' in shounen manga to have ONE goal for the entire manga, but Naruto has not gone back on his original goal either. He's just changed. He's less obnoxious. He's less self absorbed. He doesn't talk about killing, killing, killing. He's added to his original goal. He's come onto something even greater than what he wished for at the beginning. Part of this was caused by Sasuke leaving. Naruto couldn't stop him. Naruto didn't understand enough to connect with Sasuke. Naruto needed to experience more, which is why the scope of the story expanded after Part 1. Kishi didn’t suddenly decide to write about something different. The themes and values are just expanding.

Healing skills are not sexist. Sakura is the equivalent of a doctor. How is that not ridiculously important? It was noticed way back in chapter 15 or whatever that she has excellent chakra control. That is ideal for healing. It's about focusing on her talents. She was never particularly good in combat, but is very intelligent. Why should she focus on combat instead of working on being a DOCTOR? Or do you want her to suddenly become

It’s fine to criticize. I agree that you don't have to be a good writer to be a good critic. But you're not. You don't notice many, many things and still criticize them. Ninjas still all use different techniques. Some ninjas will use the same techniques though because... guess what... TECHNIQUES CAN BE LEARNED. Only the Tsuchikage can fly. This was pointed out over and over again. That is HIS technique. He can levitate things. The Konoha still resembles medieval Japan (with electricity) and so does the political structure. How has this ever changed? A kunai can still kill a person. Anything can kill a person when used correctly. A kunai was originally a gardening tool. It's not about the objects that can kill people, it's about the people who can kill people. Sakura would've been able to kill Sasuke if she hadn't stopped herself. Even if the poison didn't work, had she stabbed him in the head, gut or heart, it would've killed him. The point wasn't whether or not the kunai could, but if she could. Naruto and Sasuke still work for powerups. Naruto was just training. The sharingan has always been an emotionally driven tool, but it was also noted that Sasuke’s tsukuyomi wasn’t as good as Itachi’s.

So the question is. Why are you still reading Naruto? It’s obvious the story is never going to return how it was in part 1, despite your hopes for stagnation. All you do every week is slag on Naruto and it’s obvious you read each chapter to find things to dislike.
Nov 26, 2010 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
So Sai had to fight his brother as predicted, but it ended in a fairly lame way to be fair.
Nov 26, 2010 2:43 PM

Jul 2009
hikoghert said:
Fai said:

It's changed because it's developed. It is wrong to hope for everything to rewind 11 years and go back to the beginning; that would be counter-productive. People change. Their views change. Their priorities change.

After seeing something deeply destructive as Pain, and hearing his pitiable history. After the death of Jiraiya, someone dear to Naruto. After seeing the world and how people wish for peace, interacting with so many people. After becoming older. WHY WOULD NARUTO REMAIN THE SAME PERSON? I know it's a 'thing' in shounen manga to have ONE goal for the entire manga, but Naruto has not gone back on his original goal either. He's just changed. He's less obnoxious. He's less self absorbed. He doesn't talk about killing, killing, killing. He's added to his original goal. He's come onto something even greater than what he wished for at the beginning. Part of this was caused by Sasuke leaving. Naruto couldn't stop him. Naruto didn't understand enough to connect with Sasuke. Naruto needed to experience more, which is why the scope of the story expanded after Part 1. Kishi didn’t suddenly decide to write about something different. The themes and values are just expanding.

Healing skills are not sexist. Sakura is the equivalent of a doctor. How is that not ridiculously important? It was noticed way back in chapter 15 or whatever that she has excellent chakra control. That is ideal for healing. It's about focusing on her talents. She was never particularly good in combat, but is very intelligent. Why should she focus on combat instead of working on being a DOCTOR? Or do you want her to suddenly become

It’s fine to criticize. I agree that you don't have to be a good writer to be a good critic. But you're not. You don't notice many, many things and still criticize them. Ninjas still all use different techniques. Some ninjas will use the same techniques though because... guess what... TECHNIQUES CAN BE LEARNED. Only the Tsuchikage can fly. This was pointed out over and over again. That is HIS technique. He can levitate things. The Konoha still resembles medieval Japan (with electricity) and so does the political structure. How has this ever changed? A kunai can still kill a person. Anything can kill a person when used correctly. A kunai was originally a gardening tool. It's not about the objects that can kill people, it's about the people who can kill people. Sakura would've been able to kill Sasuke if she hadn't stopped herself. Even if the poison didn't work, had she stabbed him in the head, gut or heart, it would've killed him. The point wasn't whether or not the kunai could, but if she could. Naruto and Sasuke still work for powerups. Naruto was just training. The sharingan has always been an emotionally driven tool, but it was also noted that Sasuke’s tsukuyomi wasn’t as good as Itachi’s.

So the question is. Why are you still reading Naruto? It’s obvious the story is never going to return how it was in part 1, despite your hopes for stagnation. All you do every week is slag on Naruto and it’s obvious you read each chapter to find things to dislike.

Thank you.

How could a character be complex and well developed if they aren't affected and changed (both positively and negatively) by the people they meet, the events they witness, and the simple passage of time?
Nov 26, 2010 3:56 PM

Aug 2008
Rizzle said:

Thank you.

How could a character be complex and well developed if they aren't affected and changed (both positively and negatively) by the people they meet, the events they witness, and the simple passage of time?
Okay I do agree with all things above but it seriously had to be like that? I mean why Naruto went from obnoxious and self absorbed to completely emotional and self absorbed... He went straight the other way. In a way everything went just the other way and Kishimoto reconstructed the whole world he had been writing about for the last 8 years (more or less, The Pain Arc was the Turning pont) and do it the way he's currently doing it? I guess he wanted to draw and write a war between Good and Evil... Okay not exactly that yet slightly encloses what it is about.

I don't blame him wanting to write something big and eventful as a war, but what happens everything in between the current War and Pain's Invasion? Was it productive interesting? At least I didn't find it so... Let's at least give Kishi one more chance to give us a quality manga... the art got better if you compare it to the last 3 months art... Definitely better this and last chapter's....

Reason why Fai and many others, IMO around a third of the people that reads the manga, continues doing it so? Well because there's no point dropping a manga you've dedicated a lot of time and not reading/watching how it ends...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2010 4:49 PM

Apr 2009
rebwaters said:

Okay I do agree with all things above but it seriously had to be like that? I mean why Naruto went from obnoxious and self absorbed to completely emotional and self absorbed... He went straight the other way. In a way everything went just the other way and Kishimoto reconstructed the whole world he had been writing about for the last 8 years (more or less, The Pain Arc was the Turning pont) and do it the way he's currently doing it? I guess he wanted to draw and write a war between Good and Evil... Okay not exactly that yet slightly encloses what it is about.

I don't blame him wanting to write something big and eventful as a war, but what happens everything in between the current War and Pain's Invasion? Was it productive interesting? At least I didn't find it so... Let's at least give Kishi one more chance to give us a quality manga... the art got better if you compare it to the last 3 months art... Definitely better this and last chapter's....

Reason why Fai and many others, IMO around a third of the people that reads the manga, continues doing it so? Well because there's no point dropping a manga you've dedicated a lot of time and not reading/watching how it ends...

Signs,
Green

No he didn't. He's still completely devoted to what he's doing. Pursues things despite all hardships. That he's emotional is often a great assets. Naruto has a lot of empathy and sympathy which why he wanted to become a hokage in the first place and accomplish all of the things he did. Kishi isn't pitting good against evil. None of the ninja are 'good'. They kill people for money. They kidnap children, war amongst each other and slaughter political opponents. They just don't want to be fucking hypnotized and destroyed.

What happened between Pain and the current War wasn't really unproductive. The war wouldn't be at its current state if there were no kage meeting and if Madara had not appeared there. It may seem unproductive though... since it did deal with Sasuke's and Naruto and Sasuke's storylines, which isn't a key focus of the war.

The point of a manga or any story or actually anything at all is not how it ends. If that's the only thing 'a third' of the people who read this care about then that should be even more reason for them to drop it. Then they can read the wiki summary when the manga ends, should they feel so inclined.

People who continue to do things that they don't like when they can absolutely stop to no detriment to themselves either enjoy complaining and hating on things, and so continue so they can hate on it, or think that something better can/will happen eventually. Fai already said that he hopes that the manga will do that circular shit Bleach does and return to the beginning and I was just saying what that was incredibly unlikely.
Nov 26, 2010 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
rebwaters said:

Signs,
Green

i think that's just an excuse that i dedicated lot of time so i can't drop this shit now. in reality if you start hating something, you will start getting away from that. unless someone want to degrade it now because of hatred. so they spend few minutes every week just to speak shit this and shit that. not actually criticism but posts with full of hatred. this types of cases turn a blind eye. so no matter what author do, they will post what they are doing right now. with different argument and questions.

i have dropped lots of series just because i start thinking this series sucks and there are not any enjoyment left for me anymore and some of them after years.
Nov 26, 2010 8:28 PM

Feb 2010
-Whoa Kankurou w/ Sasori puppet =0
-Whoa at Sai's murderous look o__O
-Lol at Omoi stopping Deidara from suicide bombing w/ his lightning jutsu. Now why didn't Sasuke do that during his fight w/ Deidara? I'm sorry but I just find this a little hilarious and a bit ridiculous at the same time.

Overall okay chapter. Sasori and Deidara got caught too easily imo. I feel like the most recent chapters of all the shounen mangas that I'm currently reading...they're just not fun/exciting to read anymore (w/ the exception of Fairy Tail...and I haven't read One Piece yet so I wouldn't know) =/

*Edit: Actually now that I re-read it (in a slower, more careful pace)..it actually wasnt too bad. Liked the fact that esp. Omoi and Kankurou had great teamwork to capture Sasori and Deidara so it doesn't seem too illogical that they got caught quickly. Unfortunately still doesnt change the fact that I'm not as excited for the next Naruto chapters as I used to be =/
sallym613Nov 28, 2010 10:10 AM
Nov 26, 2010 11:04 PM

Mar 2009
It really sucked that they brought back Sai's brother like that. But at least we got to see Sai's epic rageface and they the two got to be reunited...for a short time ),: .
But I think we'll be seeing some sad reunions in this arc alot...so yeah, haters gonna hate and trolls be trollin.
Nov 26, 2010 11:59 PM

May 2010
That's what I call a great chapter!!!! Sai ,Kankurou and Omoi were awesome :D:D

and Sai's angry face was.... SCARY...

Anyway I think that the next chapters will be great as well -- can't wait :D:D
Nov 27, 2010 12:32 AM

Jul 2007
hikoghert said:
People change. Their views change. Their priorities change.

But that happens in believable ways and in believable directions. Unlike in there.

hikoghert said:

After seeing something deeply destructive as Pain, and hearing his pitiable history. After the death of Jiraiya, someone dear to Naruto. After seeing the world and how people wish for peace, interacting with so many people. After becoming older. WHY WOULD NARUTO REMAIN THE SAME PERSON?

He would not. He would man up, he would learn from the experiences he had. He would even maybe undersand on how foolish is this whole unhealthy chase saaauce stuff is.

And Pain deeply destructive? Pain had a very great idea and a very great way of implicating at least temporary, but realistic peace. THe way that worked perfectly in our world. He wanted a "hiroshima" to happen, he wanted the people to get scared of the war machine they created, he wanted the world to enter into sort of end-coldwar era, so the conflicts are not going on and countries, understanding just how dangerous the tools of destruction they have, want so solve more things in diplomatic way. Instead he was defeated by a book and 10 year old's logic of utopia.

Naruto did NOT learn anything from the whole pain situation. Instead of giving us some worldbuilding and partI-style realism, kishi went with complete black and white idea that was used in another similarly awful thing, gundam seed destiny. It was also what ruined the whole season 2 of code geass.

hikoghert said:

I know it's a 'thing' in shounen manga to have ONE goal for the entire manga, but Naruto has not gone back on his original goal either.

He did not?

His original goal was to become a hokage and prove the world that even if you start as shit, you can reach the heights with pure willpower and hard work.

He is now hyperventilating about sasuke, and talking about dieing together with him. How is that even remotely close to the goal?

hikoghert said:

He's just changed. He's less obnoxious. He's less self absorbed. He doesn't talk about killing, killing, killing.

I'll give you that he has changed. But he became way more obnoxious and self absorbed. Sasuke is basically his no1 obsession in unhealthy amounts.

If he was maturing and growing up, he should have understood that you can't save everyone, that wars can't be completely eradicated into utopia, that lesser sacrifices must be made in order to retain the greater good. That foolish ideals of 10 year old won't bring you anywhere close to the seat of a leader of one of few assassination and espionage machines in the world.

And whats wrong with killing? You are living in an old world with old rules. Naruto world is not some usa or other country where this sudden increase of pacifism and fighting guns with flowers started in 70's.

Naruto lives in what was in the part I, a medieval japan-like world. Treachery, Assassinations, wars are the casual stuff. Without actually being strong and managing to overcome your softness, you can't reach any goal.

hikoghert said:

He's added to his original goal. He's come onto something even greater than what he wished for at the beginning. Part of this was caused by Sasuke leaving. Naruto couldn't stop him. Naruto didn't understand enough to connect with Sasuke. Naruto needed to experience more, which is why the scope of the story expanded after Part 1. Kishi didn’t suddenly decide to write about something different. The themes and values are just expanding.

Well, I take you like that and enjoy that and thats sad.

Characters should not go 180 degrees on their personality.

For example, if someone took Ed from FMA manga and made him into weak hippie that her should hug his enemies and stop world wars and stuff...Ed matured without loosing his goals, without loosing his character and pecoming into pacifistic weak wimp. It waws one of the VERY rare shonen series where main character actually grew up and grew up in non-debilitating way(unlike naruto)

hikoghert said:

Sakura was built up as anti-genjutsu expert for entirety of part I, which would have made her a perfect member of then team-based storyline(when the fights did not involve main characters powering up auras, flying into the sky and throwing rasengans at each other shouting about ideals). She had her decent moments, but its clear that Kishi decided to sideline her just after or during the chunin exam (the part where the manga started to falter).

In Part II she is not a "doctor". she is this useless panel filler that apprears every few chapters, fails to do something, gets saved and disappears for next dozen of chapters where naruto hyperventilates and talks about killing himself.

Sakura became EVEN WORSE than she was at the end of Part I. Instead of growing up and becoming a real character(like for example, Winry from fma or Sakura from TRC). not getting over your foolish teen-crush you had when you were 10 year old is not healthy.(same goes for Naruto)

hikoghert said:
Ninjas still all use different techniques. Some ninjas will use the same techniques though because... guess what... TECHNIQUES CAN BE LEARNED. Only the Tsuchikage can fly. This was pointed out over and over again.

Part I!Kakashi: Hmmmm, i'll use this water technique, trick opponent, then use this fire technique to....
PartII!Kakashi: Kamui!Kamui!Raigeki!Raigeki!Raigeki!pew!pew!Kamui!Raigeki. *

Part I Naruto: a combination of taijutsu, a clever use of basic ninja techniques, some nuke-moves, a lot of willpower.

PartII Naruto: RasenganRasenganRasenganRasenganRasengan! *reads a ero-book to enemy* please forfeit hatred for i am messiah~

PartI Sakura: genjutsu detection, more brain-power, trickery, resisting stuff.

PartIISakura: superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!Heal!*gets sidelined*

Kages in part I - those wise old generals who have led the long lives, had many assassination attempts and know millions of various techniques that they use effectively.

Kages in partI: one-trick-ponies.

Minato in Part I: this awesome, but mysterious figure. Something naruto could look up to. Someone who was brilliant in combat, leadership, espionage and everything else the leader would need.

Minato in PartII: An annoying teenager who got defeated by guy-in-mask-hatred, cried a bit and did double suicide for some sort of xanathos gambit.

Kyuubi attack in Part I: a huge and devastating event. A calamity that looks like a huge storm. A god, embodiment of nature, a spirit beyong human comprehension lashing out his anger on a village in the forest, with thousands of ninjas fighting him and dieing and their leader deciding to seal him in a least heroic attempt to stop him.

Kyuubi attack in part II: Madara Appears. Madara trolls. Minato cries. Sarutobi spams laser barrier. Other ninjas stand around doing nothing. Kyuubi is sealed.

hikoghert said:
The Konoha still resembles medieval Japan (with electricity) and so does the political structure. How has this ever changed?

If that was true, we woul dhave had a formidable samurai armies, shoguns who take an active role in politics and are quick to anger. We would also NEVER have had this huge PEACE-alliance-utopia thing that happened and ninja would not take the full frontal combat.

We would also have learned more about the other countries and get more stealthy, lower-scale epic ninja missions like in the start of part I.

hikoghert said:
A kunai can still kill a person. Anything can kill a person when used correctly.

Tell that to Sakura and Sasuke.

hikoghert said:
Sakura would've been able to kill Sasuke if she hadn't stopped herself.

So you are agreeing that the current sakura is even worse than her silly teenager self of part I?

hikoghert said:
Naruto and Sasuke still work for powerups. Naruto was just training. The sharingan has always been an emotionally driven tool, but it was also noted that Sasuke’s tsukuyomi wasn’t as good as Itachi’s.

now i know that you are disilusioned.

Last time Naruto actually WORKED for power ups, was sage mode. And last time SASUKE worked for powerups was chakra training in part I...

hikoghert said:

So the question is. Why are you still reading Naruto?

Because manga was good in the past and I do not want to stop after I have read this many chapters. I have to stick to the end no matter how crappy it will be, otherwsie the whole reading will be pointless. I owe at least that much to the awesome world and atmosphere of zabuza arc and overall part I.

hikoghert said:
It’s obvious the story is never going to return how it was in part 1, despite your hopes for stagnation.

So making sense equals stagnation? And story, its characters, etc, should jump all over the place and do 180degree changes in very convenient but stupid plot twists where c ertain one gary stu villain is put above everything?

hikoghert said:
All you do every week is slag on Naruto and it’s obvious you read each chapter to find things to dislike.

But you see, thats the part of free world.

Why should I NOT exclaim my disappointments in the manga i am reading? why should only positive hype and worship be posted?This is not china. this is not russia. I can say my opinion on the thing and argument, because thats what freedom of speech is.
Nov 27, 2010 7:24 AM

Jul 2008
Fai said:

He is now hyperventilating about sasuke, and talking about dieing together with him. How is that even remotely close to the goal? He actually grew up, overcome with those emotion things (ew people actually put them in manga? why yes, yes they do.) Said he'd kill Sasuke even at the cost of his own life if he tried to go near Konoha. Bromance? No, same sacrifice Minato made for his village.

Part I!Kakashi: Countless techniques
PartII!Kakashi: A mix of his staple techniques and sharingan, disappointing really.

Part I Naruto: shadow clone spam.

PartII Naruto: Rasengan, using shadow clone in conjunction with rasengan to actually hit.

PartI Sakura: Girl who resisted genjutsu twice, useless fodder.

PartIISakura: Actually learns skills and isn't such a twat (minus one idiot move to try and take on Sasuke), still pretty useless.

Kages in part I - We saw one, the badass who lost to orochimaru, and another who was assassinated by said pedo.

Kages in partI: Different generals with different abilities, still nothing substantial as of yet, but there's time.

Minato in Part I: The one time leader who sacrificed himself for the sake of his village.

Minato in PartII: The same guy but: a family man, the father, the leader. Putting his village before all else.

Kyuubi attack in Part I: Wiped out a huge amount of the village, stopped by the sacrifice of Minato.

Kyuubi attack in part II: Ironically still wiped out a huge amount of the village, but wasn't so much as a natural disaster but a disaster that was unleashed by the villain.

I get the whole explaining your dismay at Naruto, but you moan about development, you complain about backstory and filling in the blanks. I can't help but bring in Bleach as you love it so, but all the things you bash Naruto are shockingly apparent in that, and much more. This is merely blind bashing, if you look for problems in something, you'll see it in anything.
Nov 27, 2010 8:22 AM

Feb 2009
BakaKawaii said:

I get the whole explaining your dismay at Naruto, but you moan about development, you complain about backstory and filling in the blanks. I can't help but bring in Bleach as you love it so, but all the things you bash Naruto are shockingly apparent in that, and much more. This is merely blind bashing, if you look for problems in something, you'll see it in anything.
And you know he'll just reply with:
Fai said:
I can say my opinion on the thing and argument, because thats what freedom of speech is.

He's a lost cause.
Nov 27, 2010 8:23 AM

Jun 2009
Another great chapter, the fight of Kankoru was epic and he's got prosperity along with him. Sai was cool too with his angry was :3 and glad to see his aniki get to see the pic :)

Nov 27, 2010 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
I don't get why Fai keeps referring to the book Naruto read to Pain as 'ero-novel'.

This book was written by Jiraiya before he started the ero-novels, it's about a ninja called Naruto who wanted to change the ninja world.

But I guess that just shows how Fai only reads what he wants to read :)
Nov 27, 2010 11:09 AM

Apr 2009

tl;dr
But I know what it says. You can do whatever you want. You can definitely read a chapter, a series, for the sake of looking for things to dislike and then form complaints about it based on a lack of understanding and knowledge and just general, BAWW It didn't go the way I wanted it to.
hikoghertNov 27, 2010 11:17 AM
Nov 27, 2010 11:44 AM

Mar 2010
Fai said:
hikoghert said:
People change. Their views change. Their priorities change.

But that happens in believable ways and in believable directions. Unlike in there.

hikoghert said:

After seeing something deeply destructive as Pain, and hearing his pitiable history. After the death of Jiraiya, someone dear to Naruto. After seeing the world and how people wish for peace, interacting with so many people. After becoming older. WHY WOULD NARUTO REMAIN THE SAME PERSON?

He would not. He would man up, he would learn from the experiences he had. He would even maybe undersand on how foolish is this whole unhealthy chase saaauce stuff is.

And Pain deeply destructive? Pain had a very great idea and a very great way of implicating at least temporary, but realistic peace. THe way that worked perfectly in our world. He wanted a "hiroshima" to happen, he wanted the people to get scared of the war machine they created, he wanted the world to enter into sort of end-coldwar era, so the conflicts are not going on and countries, understanding just how dangerous the tools of destruction they have, want so solve more things in diplomatic way. Instead he was defeated by a book and 10 year old's logic of utopia.

Naruto did NOT learn anything from the whole pain situation. Instead of giving us some worldbuilding and partI-style realism, kishi went with complete black and white idea that was used in another similarly awful thing, gundam seed destiny. It was also what ruined the whole season 2 of code geass.

hikoghert said:

I know it's a 'thing' in shounen manga to have ONE goal for the entire manga, but Naruto has not gone back on his original goal either.

He did not?

His original goal was to become a hokage and prove the world that even if you start as shit, you can reach the heights with pure willpower and hard work.

He is now hyperventilating about sasuke, and talking about dieing together with him. How is that even remotely close to the goal?

hikoghert said:

He's just changed. He's less obnoxious. He's less self absorbed. He doesn't talk about killing, killing, killing.

I'll give you that he has changed. But he became way more obnoxious and self absorbed. Sasuke is basically his no1 obsession in unhealthy amounts.

If he was maturing and growing up, he should have understood that you can't save everyone, that wars can't be completely eradicated into utopia, that lesser sacrifices must be made in order to retain the greater good. That foolish ideals of 10 year old won't bring you anywhere close to the seat of a leader of one of few assassination and espionage machines in the world.

And whats wrong with killing? You are living in an old world with old rules. Naruto world is not some usa or other country where this sudden increase of pacifism and fighting guns with flowers started in 70's.

Naruto lives in what was in the part I, a medieval japan-like world. Treachery, Assassinations, wars are the casual stuff. Without actually being strong and managing to overcome your softness, you can't reach any goal.

hikoghert said:

He's added to his original goal. He's come onto something even greater than what he wished for at the beginning. Part of this was caused by Sasuke leaving. Naruto couldn't stop him. Naruto didn't understand enough to connect with Sasuke. Naruto needed to experience more, which is why the scope of the story expanded after Part 1. Kishi didn’t suddenly decide to write about something different. The themes and values are just expanding.

Well, I take you like that and enjoy that and thats sad.

Characters should not go 180 degrees on their personality.

For example, if someone took Ed from FMA manga and made him into weak hippie that her should hug his enemies and stop world wars and stuff...Ed matured without loosing his goals, without loosing his character and pecoming into pacifistic weak wimp. It waws one of the VERY rare shonen series where main character actually grew up and grew up in non-debilitating way(unlike naruto)

hikoghert said:

Sakura was built up as anti-genjutsu expert for entirety of part I, which would have made her a perfect member of then team-based storyline(when the fights did not involve main characters powering up auras, flying into the sky and throwing rasengans at each other shouting about ideals). She had her decent moments, but its clear that Kishi decided to sideline her just after or during the chunin exam (the part where the manga started to falter).

In Part II she is not a "doctor". she is this useless panel filler that apprears every few chapters, fails to do something, gets saved and disappears for next dozen of chapters where naruto hyperventilates and talks about killing himself.

Sakura became EVEN WORSE than she was at the end of Part I. Instead of growing up and becoming a real character(like for example, Winry from fma or Sakura from TRC). not getting over your foolish teen-crush you had when you were 10 year old is not healthy.(same goes for Naruto)

hikoghert said:
Ninjas still all use different techniques. Some ninjas will use the same techniques though because... guess what... TECHNIQUES CAN BE LEARNED. Only the Tsuchikage can fly. This was pointed out over and over again.

Part I!Kakashi: Hmmmm, i'll use this water technique, trick opponent, then use this fire technique to....

Part I Naruto: a combination of taijutsu, a clever use of basic ninja techniques, some nuke-moves, a lot of willpower.

PartII Naruto: RasenganRasenganRasenganRasenganRasengan! *reads a ero-book to enemy* please forfeit hatred for i am messiah~

PartIISakura: superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!superstrength!Heal!*gets sidelined*

Kages in part I - those wise old generals who have led the long lives, had many assassination attempts and know millions of various techniques that they use effectively.

Kages in partI: one-trick-ponies.

Minato in Part I: this awesome, but mysterious figure. Something naruto could look up to. Someone who was brilliant in combat, leadership, espionage and everything else the leader would need.

Minato in PartII: An annoying teenager who got defeated by guy-in-mask-hatred, cried a bit and did double suicide for some sort of xanathos gambit.

Kyuubi attack in Part I: a huge and devastating event. A calamity that looks like a huge storm. A god, embodiment of nature, a spirit beyong human comprehension lashing out his anger on a village in the forest, with thousands of ninjas fighting him and dieing and their leader deciding to seal him in a least heroic attempt to stop him.

Kyuubi attack in part II: Madara Appears. Madara trolls. Minato cries. Sarutobi spams laser barrier. Other ninjas stand around doing nothing. Kyuubi is sealed.

hikoghert said:
The Konoha still resembles medieval Japan (with electricity) and so does the political structure. How has this ever changed?

If that was true, we woul dhave had a formidable samurai armies, shoguns who take an active role in politics and are quick to anger. We would also NEVER have had this huge PEACE-alliance-utopia thing that happened and ninja would not take the full frontal combat.

We would also have learned more about the other countries and get more stealthy, lower-scale epic ninja missions like in the start of part I.

hikoghert said:
A kunai can still kill a person. Anything can kill a person when used correctly.

Tell that to Sakura and Sasuke.

hikoghert said:
Sakura would've been able to kill Sasuke if she hadn't stopped herself.

So you are agreeing that the current sakura is even worse than her silly teenager self of part I?

hikoghert said:
Naruto and Sasuke still work for powerups. Naruto was just training. The sharingan has always been an emotionally driven tool, but it was also noted that Sasuke’s tsukuyomi wasn’t as good as Itachi’s.

now i know that you are disilusioned.

Last time Naruto actually WORKED for power ups, was sage mode. And last time SASUKE worked for powerups was chakra training in part I...

hikoghert said:

So the question is. Why are you still reading Naruto?

Because manga was good in the past and I do not want to stop after I have read this many chapters. I have to stick to the end no matter how crappy it will be, otherwsie the whole reading will be pointless. I owe at least that much to the awesome world and atmosphere of zabuza arc and overall part I.

hikoghert said:
It’s obvious the story is never going to return how it was in part 1, despite your hopes for stagnation.

So making sense equals stagnation? And story, its characters, etc, should jump all over the place and do 180degree changes in very convenient but stupid plot twists where c ertain one gary stu villain is put above everything?

hikoghert said:
All you do every week is slag on Naruto and it’s obvious you read each chapter to find things to dislike.

But you see, thats the part of free world.

Why should I NOT exclaim my disappointments in the manga i am reading? why should only positive hype and worship be posted?This is not china. this is not russia. I can say my opinion on the thing and argument, because thats what freedom of speech is.
I only have one thing Since the Naruto world is fighting for OMG THERE FIGHTING FOR DREADED PEACE. What the Hell was Ichigo and Soul Society fighting for.
Nov 27, 2010 3:31 PM

May 2008
Inarius said:
Sai's rageface was epic.
I'm really glad that Kishi pulled out something like that here, it showed that they couldn't erase Sai's emotions completely in root though the tears in his eyes after a few pages was too much.

I liked how Kankuro and Omoi worked together here. That part saved the chapter for me~
Nov 27, 2010 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
fai said:

...getsuga fucking tenshou.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.