Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 6:50 PM
Jun 2024
✋🏻 Absolute anime 🖑
Sep 18, 6:55 PM
Dec 2013
28 Not Recommended reviews. Damn. Only 18 Recommended and 18 Mixed Feelings.
Sep 18, 7:08 PM
Apr 2023
(゜¬゜)
(゜¬゜)
(゜¬゜)
(゜¬゜)
(゜¬゜)
(゜¬゜)
Sep 18, 7:19 PM

Nov 2021
this show had its ups and downs but I really enjoyed these last 2 episodes 🦌 wouldn't mind a season 2!
Sep 18, 7:46 PM
Nov 2019
I expected last week's cliffhanger to be followed up with something stupid, I did not expect it to be nothing. Fair play to the show for some S tier bait.
Sep 18, 7:46 PM

Feb 2016
"They've been able to determine my location by watching the anime as it airs." Holy shit, now THAT'S a good 4th wall breaking plot twist.

All of these mascots are real, it's just hard to find info on them without doing japanese search.

I liked this episode, I suposse in a extrange way we got some backstory of Nokotan? But I was hyped for the "Koshitan has schizophrenia" ending, I'm really dissapointed that they changed and covered it as "uuuh it's the final episode so it doesn't matter", I hate when shows do that, even if is a rando ass comedy show like this, and that's the second time they do this, the first one was about the 3rd years having to graduate, "it's a comedy anime so that stuff doesn't happen", fuck off.

I loved this anime, Neko is my girl ❤️, but Nokotan is so fkng cute and funny, and Bashame is indeed a meme. I'm not a big Koshitan fan but her reactions were always on point.

I had a great time following the meme, the "SHIKANOKO IS ABSOLUTE CINEMA" meme mindset, but in all honesty, this is a hard 7/10 for me, because most of the jokes aren't funny, and that's a problem, I'm not saying that this show wasn't fun, but that there are many, many times were it's comedy just doesn't click (like for example the entirety of ep2), and this episode proves it, it ends so abruptly, and the 1st half was literally repeating the same joke over and over.

I adore random comedy animes, but for this one I expected way more.
Still, I want a 2nd season, I want more, I'll miss Shikanoko, it's funny opening, and all of it's characters (except their teacher, she suck ass).
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Sep 18, 8:05 PM
Jan 2023
does anyone know what song was in the background after Koshitan's insert song/during the intros for the last fight? I played it in band years ago but can't remember what it is called for the life of me
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

Oct 2019
Writing a serious story altering cliffhanger and then barely acknowledging it an ignoring it in favor of a goofy stupid dance battle is the most shikanoko thing ever xD
Cute, fat, chubby, gay, queer, glasses wearing, nerdy, introverted, weird, kinda fucked up in a cute anime girl way, squishy, soft, fucking gay, silly anime girls my beloved
I love cute girls and philosophical shit ;D
Sep 18, 8:48 PM

Dec 2019
There it goes, into the sunset, it has come to an end.

I feel oddly empty, but also just relieved that it's finally over. My brain damage can finally begin to heal.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Sep 18, 9:35 PM
Dec 2022
What a fever dream.
Sep 18, 10:13 PM

Mar 2013
I really loved this anime. Very funny. Just able to enjoy the shenanigans. I would like a season 2. I’ll miss the Deer Club, especially the rice loving Bashame. 🍚🦌
Sep 18, 11:08 PM

Nov 2023
It's just not that funny. Some jokes land but most of the time, it misses badly. There's better comedy anime out there.

However, I will say that this will be an anime I'll probably never forget.
Sep 18, 11:17 PM
Sep 2022
Most of the gags were a hit or miss for me, but still enjoyed this watch. Notsu
Sep 19, 12:06 AM

Jun 2022
I don't have many expectations. It's still okay.
VickyAlexSep 19, 12:10 AM
Sep 19, 12:34 AM

Aug 2019
Yeah about the finale i expected from this show, just this unserious, insane brain rot plot ending that felt like they finally cut the brakes and took all the stops out and full sent every asset they had, before a pretty decent send off for the show.

Not gonna lie they fucking got me good with the beginning, the cliff-hanger from last episode that made me semi-invested to see if they'll just suddenly steer the reins into psychological for no good reason besides shits and giggles, turned to a 10 second throw away finale bit and best thing is they address how it led to nothing as well. I honestly found that shit so stupidly shocking it turned funny for me and i couldn't help but laugh a little.

The Deer Den and assassin showdown skit was aight, i didn't fully grasp what was really going on at the same time i don't think i've really ever in my watch time of this show.

The boxing scene i won't lie, was pretty good lol. I didn't get the reference to the mascot Nokotan was facing, but man, the beginning with the over the top introductions, to the professional Deer commentator(?), to Nokotan getting the living shit beat out of her after her hype up, before cheating and bribing her opponent to still lose, to finally taking out all the stops and bombing the venue only to STILL fucking loose before unanimously deciding that both teams win (which the judges accepted), was truly the wackiest shit i don't think anyone could of cooked up.

Overall i thought the show was good. It most definitely had it's moments, i'd say the first couple episodes were it's strong suit and you could definitely feel things start to sizzle or drop a bit as the show went on, but i mean for a show centred mostly around comedy and humour i personally felt they did a good job at still allowing me to turn off 90% of my brain but still provide me good entertainment i don't have to think to hard to find funny.

The overall humour was honestly ok imo, i mean again, being centred entirely around slap stick humour, comedy and skits can only get funny so many times and have so many jokes in it before it feels repetitive, so i feel like if you come in with your expectations relatively low, the mindset knowing that not all of the humour is gonna land for you and how the show is probably gonna be more enjoyable with 70% of your brain turned off while watching it, it turn out to be an alright experience.
The brain rot of the show imo was also great, like maybe i'm just cooked, but the show does a pretty good job at random shock value funny moments.

The initial marketing as well was golden, my entire feed being filled up with Koshitan's dance and the first 5 seconds of the opening on loop has definietly been a favourite moment for me. The show also bringing us one of the most catchy, brainrotted introductory songs i could think off, full of random references like darksouls was so peak. But nah actually, the opening has still been stuck in my head for literal weeks now.

All in all i'd give it like a 7/10, i actually think the show can be good if you again, don't take it seriously, or think too hard about it or take it at face value. The show knows what it wants to be, and can do a good job at being this unserious random yet semi coherent at times mess that you can get some cheap laughs from.

Sep 19, 12:44 AM
Dec 2022
Rocky Balboa ahh finale lmao

and unexpected Sugita Tomokazu cameo for finale

so yeah its not too funny because the joke is region lock aka you will understand if youre Japanese or a gaijin that living long enough in Japan
Sep 19, 1:38 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The series started out really funny but then the comedy went stale and obnoxious as the series goes on. Some of the gags were a bit difficult to relate to for viewers outside Japan. The anime does have fantastic animation quality thanks to Wit Studio, I'll give 'em that. And this series also gave me a few laughs in most of the episodes. However, the way they force the gags on the viewers sometimes makes me cringe.

This anime won't be hard to forget tho, because of Nokotan and also Koshitan who's the only sane character in this series. 7/10 still.
Sep 19, 3:01 AM

Jan 2024

That's it...
No Rem/Mitsuha fate for Nokotan.

Unironically the last episode was one of the best. They went all out and unlike most times comedy landed (mostly).
Nokotan doing carpet bombing was fun but still getting K0ed but still LITERALLY getting moral victory and everyone accepted ofc as is.
Koshitan was star here with saving her "friend" and also training that domesticated deer. Also that Song was fire..

All ends that's end well, good conclusion to absolute brainrot.
The problem with this show it's not that funny most times jokes doesn't land and particular skits are boring, to dumb and dragged out parts of it are fine though.
The characters are fine. Bashame with her & Anko' unhinged siscon were fun. Neko girl is adorable too.
Nokotan is as the show is very up and down but still, silly deer girl god was enjoyable enough to keep me invested for 12 episodes. And Han Megumi with legendary Voice acting performance.
Koshitan was my favourite character and atleast I am happy not to see her suffer more. Good see her "grow" and now taking care of her friend/pet more.

6.5/10 lost way too many braincells watching this..
Sep 19, 3:06 AM

Oct 2016
I underestimated you Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan, I got baited.

Honestly, the show isn't as funny as I hoped for, comedy was a hit or miss, but it was still a fun show overall. Just my personal subjective opinion. I liked all the callbacks throughout the last episode though, the "foreshadowing" got a good chuckle out of me.

I'll give it a good 7/10, but I am giving a 10/10 to whoever the marketing team was for the show lmao, they set the expectations up so high.
Sep 19, 4:48 AM

Nov 2023
Hmm one hell of a show.

Great comedy and characters.

Nokotan is a legendary character fs.

Let's see if we get Season 2 soon.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Sep 19, 6:07 AM

Mar 2012
Enjoyed the other episodes but last episode was really terrible.
Sep 19, 6:50 AM

Jul 2023
This episode is so surreal, but enjoyable. lol at the dance competition then the boxing match.

I can't say I understood every episode and I tuned in to hate watch. So some people will like it but some not.

Just turn your mind off and don't take it seriously and you'll find yourself smiling.
Sep 19, 6:50 AM

May 2023
This anime is pure meta, there are a lot of parodies shown in this episode, luckily my expectations before watching this were not as high as what people expected, So I got what I expected in this anime, even though there were a lot of jokes that were repeated and unclear, it still managed to make me smile and chuckle. PURE BRAINROT ANIME META.

SHIKANOKO NOKONOKO KOSHITANTAN/10
Sep 19, 6:57 AM
Jul 2020
Finally this anime is over. There was a lot of boring stuff but there was some funny here and there. The rifle speech in japangrish was definitely my fav part

overall 5/10 I'd say
Sep 19, 7:56 AM
Feb 2014
😂only this 🦌 anime could away with not resolving the cliffhanger 🪝 in episode 11👍
Sep 19, 8:48 AM
Feb 2022
overall not too disappointing but it would be nice if there was a plot twist in this episode
Sep 19, 9:19 AM

May 2019
-"What happened to that serious-looking stinger that was supposed to lead into the finale?"
-"That doesn't matter right now!

I've said it once and I'll say it again: the self-awareness of this anime is very entertaining. Here are the eye-catches for this finale episode:

Pre-CM:
Post-CM:

"Since this is the finale episode, why don't we just do some anime finale-type things?" -The director, probably.

Pretty much things I expect for a final episode are here: call backs to previous episodes' events & characters and the last minute entrance of a shadowy organization all the while questioning what's even going on anymore, because why not? It's just a hodgepodge of everything and anything from the past 10 episodes with a few more items thrown into the mix, but I'm pretty sure we're all used to that by now. Not only that, but we have another karaoke video in reference to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" with an accompanying training montage, more Nara deer footage, and a reference to Rocky running up the steps. At least I'll give props to the inclusion of some of the IRL deer-based ゆるキャラ introduced in this episode–which Anko is highly knowledgeable about for some reason–because as we know, the deer virus has spread the sika deer is abundant in Japan, so of course local mascots would surround this animal.

Despite the anime not fully living up to the expectations presented in the CMs, I'd say I still thoroughly enjoyed watching all the insane antics of the Deer Club. In my opinion, if they turned down the craziness of the CMs and hype from the promotional material, then I feel this anime would have faired a better performance with lowered expectations, but I guess we'll never know. I know that people comparing this anime to Nichijou may have also killed its appeal, but I'd argue that it doesn't fill the same shoes as Nichijou since, while both are centered around the unexpected, Nichijou's episodes are structured as a compilation of multiple short stories that amp up its randomness compared to Nokotan's structure that's closer to the standard anime episode that contributes to overall flow and cohesiveness, the polar opposite of randomness. But overall, I was not disappointed with following this anime's run every Wednesday throughout this past Summer 2024 season, and I daresay this would be a rewatch for me if I had the time.
Sep 19, 9:26 AM
Apr 2024
i will miss this show need to something funny to cope with it
Sep 19, 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
It was plain stupid, worst episode of the season.
Sep 19, 10:12 AM

Jun 2024
Started with a bang, ended with a whimper 😑 Asobi Asobase is way better comedy anime
Sep 19, 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
Really few animes actually made me laugh, and this is one of those, the previous were Konosuba and, a long time ago, the first half of Watamote. Obviously it's my subjective experiencie, I don't find it easy to laugh with most of the comedy animes even if I found them funny. And I love Koshitan, she carried the show a lot, and is now one of my favourite waifus.

Loved this anime.
Sep 19, 10:46 AM
Nov 2022
I was expecting a bit more from the plot of Schizophrenic Koshitan and this part about the pets confused me a bit, but it was still a very fun, nonsensical, enjoyable anime.

I really hope a second season xd
Sep 19, 12:23 PM

Sep 2018
Very enDeering episode for the season. The announcers gave kinnikuman vibes and nokotan cheating was comedy gold.
Overall series 8
Sep 19, 12:23 PM

Mar 2019
Overall I thought it was more stupid than funny, but ok...🦌
Sep 19, 12:48 PM
Apr 2015
Overall show was awful. Idk why but I think the finale wasn't as bad as previous episodes. I also don't understand why people call this "brainrot", it's not even any close to it. Go watch brainrot girlfriend or something

3/10
Sep 19, 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
I really have to be in a weird state of mind to enjoy this show, but when I am it's great. Still hit or miss as many of these campy anime are.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 4:02 PM

Sep 2017
This was a great finale tbh. Hilarious that they completely baited everyone with the last ep and went super fourth wall break. Generally a big fan of all the fourth wall breaks the show did. It's no Nichijou or Asobi Asobase, but I'd definitely watch a season 2.
Sep 19, 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
ROFL

The "Deergirl was all an illusion" lasted for like 1 min.

Koshi dancing is so cute, she's perfect. (Anko: "Yes, Onee-chan's perfect" (👁️ ┓👁️) )

And we got a wrestling match... with DeerGirl on haywire in just round 2... and started all sorts of cheating, including the end...

I guess the real plot of this series is... how DeerGirl cheats through life.

And Koshi remains the only normal person in this entire series.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 19, 8:33 PM
May 2023
ood last episode, I like that what they said in the previous episode, they went over their eggs in this last one and did what they wanted.... i mean what the anime is about haha
they reused some things like the idea of the competition but instead of questions about Koshi they did dances and read thoughts, I know that many people didn't like it since X episodes or since the beginning but in my case, I haven't seen any subrealistic anime so I can't compare it with anything specific but I have the feeling that there must be other/s much better anime/s with the theme of subrealistic comedy.
Other than that, I enjoyed it quite a lot... it's what I expected after watching the trailer although as I mentioned in some episode I would have liked it to be even more surrealistic
Sep 19, 9:09 PM
Feb 2020
So it ends.Felt like a lot of the gag just gets stretched out and overstayed its welcome,but the worst part imo was Koshi commentating and explaining everything is insane at the end of every sentence like we dont know that alr.And its always just the chibi pop up in the corner,couldve done more creatively.

Its a 6.5/10
Sep 19, 9:27 PM
Jan 2023
Farewell my deer friend nokotan🦌
Sep 19, 9:37 PM
May 2024
Thjis is so shiaknoedkroeoroco kok nockoshitantan
Sep 19, 11:27 PM

Jan 2008
I know it should have been obvious, but damn can Fujita Saki sing. Her voice is amazing.
Sep 20, 1:06 AM

Mar 2008
This show was so stupid and i love it for that. The jokes didnt get me enough to feel consistent but enough had me that it still was pretty enjoyable plus the characters are so cute so i dont even mind a lot of parody and references went over my head.

Now im stuck wondering if that cute little tail is part of Nokotan's body or just her wrestling suit. It looked like it wingled at one point. After previous ep I was kinda hoping it got a little more yuri bait moments between Nokotan and Koshitan, oh well lol

But seriously there is mascots that go little kid's birthdays? That's so wholesome.
traedSep 20, 1:09 AM
Sep 20, 3:42 AM

Aug 2022
I'm glad that this episode wasn't about everyone forgetting Shikanoko. This was way better for an ending episode.
Sep 20, 4:57 AM
Mar 2023
Una obra maestra de final de episodio, representa como hacer un buen final de una serie, lo tienen todo, giros de trama, cameos increibles, peleas epicas, musica conmovedora. Simplemente es perfecto.
Sep 20, 10:10 AM
Aug 2024
Shika is best described as insane and goofy xd
Sep 20, 10:51 AM
Aug 2024
I'm a sucker for good training montage
Sep 20, 10:51 AM
Aug 2024
I'm a sucker for good training montage
Sep 20, 12:14 PM
Aug 2022
funny anime it was pretty nice
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 11

84 by camghost10 »»
Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4

74 by camghost10 »»
Yesterday, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

73 by camghost10 »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

63 by camghost10 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24

111 by Kenthan »»
Yesterday, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.